TNA Slammy Awards

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
It was announced last night, on Impact, that the TNA 2012 Wrestler of the Year is Jeff Hardy. I was a bit surprised by this, as in my opinion, I think the honor and award should have gone to the longest reigning World Champion in Total Non-stop Action Impact Wrestling history, Bobby Roode. Then again, I think the WWE Slammy Award for SuperStar of the year should have gone to CM Punk, but whatever.

After thinking about it and sleeping on the idea, I think TNA should have just had a full award show. Obviously, they wouldn’t call it the Slammys, but I just can’t think of a better name right now. Some will be serious, some will be funny, but all will be entertaining and logical…I think. Anyway, let’s get right to it.

Feat of Strength of the Year – Jeff Jarrett not showing up on Impact for a whole year. That's will power!!

Best Dancer of the Year – Bad Influence dancing Gangnam Style

Top Social Media Ambassador – Dixie Carter. HAHA!!

Tweet of the Year – Impact Wrestling becomes the first entertainment company to stream live to Twitter.

Insult of the Year – Matt Morgan wearing Hulk Hogan’s cape…and Hogan not being able to do a damn thing about it.

Facial Hair of the Year – Joey Ryan.

Betrayal of the Year – The first member of the Aces and Eights to be revealed is Devon.

Crowd Chant of the Year – “Thank you, Sting!!” or “Thank you, Stinger!!” at the inaugural TNA Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony

ImpactWrestling.com Exclusive Video of the Year – Anything with SoCal Val. Oh how I miss her on TV.

Upset of the Year – Destination X TNA World Heavyweight Championship match Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries

Knockout of the Year – Gail Kim

"Tell Me" I Didn't Just See That Moment of the Year – Eric Young and ODB winning the Knockouts Tag Team Titles.

Comeback of the Year – Velvet Sky, like you didn’t know.

Kiss of the Year – Eric Young and ODB at their wedding.

Wrestler of the Year – Bobby Roode

LOL! Moment of the Year – Bad Influence referring to themselves as The World Tag Team Champions...Of The World.

#Trending Now of the Year – #VelvetsBack. Get it?? Well if it wasn’t trending, it should have.

Newcomer of the Year – Joey Ryan

Match of the Year – Bound For Glory TNA World Heavyweight Championship match Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy​

Now it's your turn. Who and what are your picks for the 2012 TNA Slammy Awards??

I've always thought wrestling award shows are miserable, miserable productions that are a complete waste of time, just as I always thought the same of the Draft with WWE. Not only are they predictable, formulaic and almost entirely uneventful, but they waste valuable time by taking away a week out of the year where they could be building toward a PPV. For TNA, imagining this as a Year End Awards system, this would be sometime in January, which cuts into Genesis. Admittedly, Genesis isn't all that important a PPV, but my point still stands despite that fact.

These types of awards belong on forums like this, not being broadcast on television, though I'm sure you could develop some decent comedy out of it with guys like Eric Young and Bad Influence there to take whatever TNA's Slammy's would be called and work it into feuds, or base feuds off of it.

I've always thought wrestling award shows are miserable, miserable productions that are a complete waste of time, just as I always thought the same of the Draft with WWE. Not only are they predictable, formulaic and almost entirely uneventful, but they waste valuable time by taking away a week out of the year where they could be building toward a PPV. For TNA, imagining this as a Year End Awards system, this would be sometime in January, which cuts into Genesis. Admittedly, Genesis isn't all that important a PPV, but my point still stands despite that fact.

These types of awards belong on forums like this, not being broadcast on television, though I'm sure you could develop some decent comedy out of it with guys like Eric Young and Bad Influence there to take whatever TNA's Slammy's would be called and work it into feuds, or base feuds off of it.

Your last sentence is where the value lies in doing these things. It seems so simple and it is, but either an award starts a feud or puts another log on the fire for an existing feud but it's simple human emotion. If only one person can win, others have to lose and there are emotions that come from that. The losers could be jealous, the winners could be ********s about it, etc. I'd say it's certainly better to do this once a year and have them feed into stories than it is to do Gutcheck and Open Fight Night every month.

Your last sentence is where the value lies in doing these things. It seems so simple and it is, but either an award starts a feud or puts another log on the fire for an existing feud but it's simple human emotion. If only one person can win, others have to lose and there are emotions that come from that. The losers could be jealous, the winners could be ********s about it, etc. I'd say it's certainly better to do this once a year and have them feed into stories than it is to do Gutcheck and Open Fight Night every month.

I don't see how the two compare, but I get what you are saying. I can see the positives to it, for sure, but I've just never been a big fan of the awards stuff from what I've seen. There's probably something to be said of the fact that the only company I've seen do it, though, is WWE, so there's also that.

Feat of Strength of the Year – Joseph Park hits the Black Hole Slam on Bully Ray at Open Fight Night.

Best Dancer of the Year – Gangnam Style by Daniels and Kaz.

Top Social Media Ambassador – Dixie Carter.

Tweet of the Year – Impact Wrestling becomes the first entertainment company to stream live to Twitter.

Insult of the Year – Kaz/Daniels accusing AJ of the Clair Lynch thing.

Facial Hair of the Year – Joey Ryan.

Betrayal of the Year – The first member of the Aces and Eights to be revealed is Devon.

Crowd Chant of the Year – "WE WANT STING"

ImpactWrestling.com Exclusive Video of the Year – N/A

Upset of the Year – Aires becomes Heavyweight Champ. (DX)

Knockout of the Year – ODB

"Tell Me" I Didn't Just See That Moment of the Year – Aces and Eights debut

Comeback of the Year – Sting on Impact

Kiss of the Year – Eric Young and ODB at their wedding.

Wrestler of the Year – Jeff Hardy

LOL! Moment of the Year – Joey Ryan "No one messes with the Big Morgan or the Big Organ"

#Trending Now of the Year – #Lockdown That Pay Per View had some great discussion on Twitter.

Newcomer of the Year – Joey Ryan

Match of the Year – Kurt Angle/AJ Styles vs. Kaz/Daniels at Slammiversary 2012

Feat of strength-joseph park blackhole slams bully ray
Best dancer-kaz and daniels gangnam
Media ambassodor-dixie carter
Tweet of the year-impact wrestling is the first to stream live on twitter
Insult of the year-kaz and daniels accusing aj of affair with dixie and claire lynch
Facial hair of the year-EY
Betrayal of the year-devon being first member of A8s
Chant of the year-holy sh*t
Video of the year-N/A
Upset of the year-daniels finally beating aj
Knockout of the year-tara
Tell me I didn't just see that-A8s smashing hammer over sting
Comeback of the year-sting
Kiss of the year-madison rayne and earl hebner
Wrestler of the year-austin aries
LOL moment-daniels doing promo and kaz is aj
Trend of the year-lockdown
Newcomer of the year-kenny king/christian york
Match of the year-aj styles cs daniels in a last man standing match

I was going to put zema ion injuring jessie sorenson for the tell me I didn't just see that moment of the year but I don't think it was in the year it was the year before was it not ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back