TNA Region, Mexico City Subregion, First Round: (11) Daniel Bryan vs. (22) Owen Hart

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Daniel Bryan

• Owen Hart

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Mexico City Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Arena Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico.

arena-mexico-1.jpg

daniel_bryan_bio_20130430.png

#11. Daniel Bryan

Vs.

tumblr_mmfwoi8Xdr1qkcqnjo1_400.jpg

#22. Owen Hart

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

A few years ago, an argument could be made these men were on the same level. Even after Bryan's first world title win, they were fairly close. The last three years though have seen Daniel Bryan rise up to remarkable heights, heights that surpass Owen and all that he achieved in his career. Owen, for better or worse, was a career midcarder who flirted with the main event as part of a storyline involving his brother. And even then he didn't main event a single pay-per-view. Daniel Bryan has main evented WrestleMania, he's won multiple world titles, he's even a better wrestler than Owen. They're similar, but Bryan has thrived whilst Owen merely floated along, lost in the shuffle for the most part. Owen’s tapping out here.

Hard not to agree with Funk on this one. Owen Hart was a career midcarder that often flirted with the main event but never quite made it. Don't get me wrong, he was a great wrestler, perhaps even better than Bret Hart. But, as has been correctly pointed out, Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler too. In fact, I would say that he is perhaps better than Owen Hart. He has risen to the very top in the WWE through hard work and being one of the best wrestlers in the world today. He's a multiple time World Champion and shows no sign of slowing his roll any time soon. I guess this one comes down to personal preference since both guys are pretty similar.

And I have to go for Bryan in this instance. His record speaks for itself.

I love Owen Hart, and I mean I really love Owen Hart, but I have to go with Daniel Bryan on this one. Daniel Bryan hits harder, and is a bit quicker in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if Owen Hart pulls it out against Daniel Bryan, since he's an amazing wrestler, but Daniel Bryan's accolades speak for themselves. Though no one really knows how big Owen Hart's career would have gone if not for the incident. Though no matter how much I love Owen, I doubt he would have ever main-evented a Wrestlemania, let alone win it against 2 top stars.

So Daniel Bryan for me.

This would be a PHENOMENAL match!

I think these 2 are very well matched, and Owen Hart is a guy who perhaps should have been World Champion- in a different era perhaps he would be, now that smaller guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk are main eventers But that's it- Daniel Bryan IS a main eventer, a multi-time World Champion and one of the most popular superstars of the last decade. He's headlined WrestleMania's, beaten the industry's biggest names and has done pretty much all there is to do in WWE in a relatively short time.

He needs to win this, his achievements far outweigh Owen's. It's a damn shame Hart has to go out so early in this, but its the right move. DB to move on.

This would probably be the best match in the first round. It would definitely be a classic match with D-Bry going over.

Everyone loves Owen Hart and I think that the majority of us think that its a damn shame that he was never more than a mid card performer, however, he's just not as accomplished as Daniel Bryan. If this match would've taken place 2 or 3 years ago, a strong case could've been made for Owen Hart. In the last few years, though, Daniel Bryan has really become one of the top performers in the WWE. Main evented Wrestlemania 30 and beat Triple H at Wrestlemania 30 too.

Daniel Bryan takes this one.

Would be a great contest but a D Bry win is assured. Even if Owen tries to kick his leg from under his leg. D Bry has risen to becoming a top talent in the WWE and a level that Owen never got to reach.

Owen Hart was entertaining, and probably helped his brother's human side come out an awful lot, but I just don't feel that he was ever really someone the crowd adored the way they did Bryan. It remains to be seen if Bryan will make it back to the top, but one thing is for certain, he's been there before, albeit briefly, and Owen never has.

This is a foregone conclusion. Literally. The polls have closed and Daniel Bryan has won. Deservedly.

I did, however, want to briefly take a break from fawning over Daniel Bryan - to fawn over Owen Hart. For people my age, very specifically my age, Owen Hart will be have been the first significant death in professional wrestling. For a long time, Owen Hart to me was The Wrestler Who Died. But he was so much more than that. He was a great wrestler, a great character and one of wrestling's nicest guys - despite being an unnecessarily cruel prankster.

Wrestling is rarely funny. When it is, it's the funniest thing in the world. Owen Hart has made me crack up many times.

Woo! I did it! I did it all by myself!

Owen Hart was entertaining, and probably helped his brother's human side come out an awful lot, but I just don't feel that he was ever really someone the crowd adored the way they did Bryan.

To be fair, Owen's best work was as a nefarious heel, hence why he never really got a fitting tribute package from WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back