TNA Re-Signs Austin Aries to Long-Term Extension; Terms Not Disclosed

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10026301.shtml

TNA President Dixie Carter announced via Twitter that the company has signed Austin Aries to a long term contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Powell's POV: Carter noted that she will appear on TNA Today this afternoon and will share more details. Aries signed a deal back in May. There were rumblings from backstage at the time that he wasn't thrilled with the terms of that contract, so it's good to see his hard word be rewarded.

@TNADixie:
Excited to have signed @AustinAries to a long term deal. I share the story on TNA Today TODAY.

--

I'm absolutely ecstatic to read this! Aries is the future of TNA. While most had James Storm pegged for the position, IMO Aries is their "guy", far and away. That's not to take away from Storm, who's going to be very important for the company moving forward, but it's Aries who's going to be the new "poster boy" for the company for sure.

He worked his ass off to get this kind of security, so kudos to him, and kudos to TNA for locking up such an integral aspect of their future to boot.

Thoughts on this?

Remember — this is a NO SPAM section of the forum. Your replies need reason and substance to be posted here.

There is a SPAM-friendly version of this thread here: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=222209

TNA did the right thing here. Aries is apparently the guy to tune in to watch on a weekly basis. He never fails to entertain the crowds he's in front of, and is deserving of his accolades. Glad to see that Aries is gonna be sticking around for a while.

Great to see aries got an extension he deserves it! Would love to see an aries vs aj styles match in the future

Shhhhhshhhhshhhh! Hope that isnt considered spam lol. I personally love it but I been an aries fan before this 2nd tna run. Sometimes I'd be more into what aries was doing than what was going on in the main event scene. Not that the main event scenewas boring but if it was then it sure as hell has me interested now

Yeah I thought he already got resigned, so this is just changing the terms or whatever? Wonder what Aries wasn't happy with... oh well all is well now good to see Aries sticking around because he's gonna be a great main event player for many years to come! And I hope the same for James Storm, probably my favourite current wrestler actually. The fact he is a "blue collar hero" not to mention a beer drinker sits very well with me!

Good for Tna for locking up their guy and good for Austin Aries as he's really busted his ass off to get where he is today. As far as Aries being the poster boy for Tna I'm not to sure about that and I haven't seen nearly enough from him, besides he's nowhere near as popular as Jeff Hardy.

Tha's great news. Austin Aries would terrific person to fill that 'poster boy' spot for the company. Although I wish AJ Styles held that spot more often, I am happy for Aries and there no doubt in my mind he deserves it.

Whatever those terms were they made Aries sign a long term deal. Aries is not an idiot, he knows what he wants, he wouldn't agree to some bullshit.

This means Aries will have bright future in TNA, hopefully brighter than it has been thus far. TNA fans galore is all I'll say.

WWE sucks.

I don't watch TNA very often but when I do it's to watch Aries (And AJ Styles). This is BIG for TNA he's there biggest asset atm and I'm sure WWE were intrested to get him tied down. It should stop all interest plus if WWE made him an offer he couldn't refuse and he took it, They'd fuck him up so really its good for both him and TNA.

Tha's great news. Austin Aries would terrific person to fill that 'poster boy' spot for the company. Although I wish AJ Styles held that spot more often, I am happy for Aries and there no doubt in my mind he deserves it.

While I agree, because I really like Styles, Aries is the more marketable of the two, and poster boys need to be marketable. I think the whole thing with Styles has nothing to do with TNA failing to see the potential there as much as TNA understanding that there isn't all that much potential there. He's a tremendous performer, but he's simply not all that marketable — not the way a guy like Aries is.

While I agree, because I really like Styles, Aries is the more marketable of the two, and poster boys need to be marketable. I think the whole thing with Styles has nothing to do with TNA failing to see the potential there as much as TNA understanding that there isn't all that much potential there. He's a tremendous performer, but he's simply not all that marketable — not the way a guy like Aries is.

I agree. AJ is amazing, love him to death but when it comes to who should be the poster boy - Aries all the way.

When we look at it objectively, Aries is just as good if not better than Styles. Sure, Styles has amazing matches and pulls off sick moves, but so does Aries, minus the crazy moves. I for one enjoy Aries matches as much as I do AJ matches.

Then add to that Aries' clear edge when it comes to ... everything else, plus the fact that he's still fresh and you got yourself a helluva performer. At this time Aries is the way to go.

Love Storm, love AJ, love Roode but Aries is the man right now and it's crazy when you think it's just getting started. Can't wait.

WWE is worse than TNA.

While I like Aries, there's no way I would pick him over Storm and AJ. Because for one thing we grew to like Storm and AJ over time. Just think of all the great matchs these two gave us during all those years. I think Aries is talented but I think everything happened too quickly and we have not have time invest emotionaly in the guy before his success contrary to Storm with his build up. I also prefer Storm's promos and style of wrestling to Aries. Aries wrestles a small man's game and that is why I don't find his matchs that interesting.

As far as Top Babyface in TNA I would take Storm, AJ, Angle and Joe way before Aries. Aries works now because he is different, he's a new guy in the landscape. Also I think his futur will be as a heel. Just look at how he says to the fans to shut up when they cheer too much. The guy is a more natural jerk.

While I like Aries, there's no way I would pick him over Storm and AJ. Because for one thing we grew to like Storm and AJ over time. Just think of all the great matchs these two gave us during all those years. I think Aries is talented but I think everything happened too quickly and we have not have time invest emotionaly in the guy before his success contrary to Storm with his build up. I also prefer Storm's promos and style of wrestling to Aries. Aries wrestles a small man's game and that is why I don't find his matchs that interesting.

As far as Top Babyface in TNA I would take Storm, AJ, Angle and Joe way before Aries. Aries works now because he is different, he's a new guy in the landscape. Also I think his futur will be as a heel. Just look at how he says to the fans to shut up when they cheer too much. The guy is a more natural jerk.

Exactly! I think people are beginning to tire of a heel champ. It happens. It will not last long, likely. I see aries as more of the heel champ who took it off a James Storm or an AJ Styles.

TNA is just being smart, it's little to do with Aries himself, they are just protecting their investment. He's the first real "Hot Shotted" guy who has taken off, so it'd be fatal if WWE could nick him from them in a year or two. After all the failures with guys like Crimson it's just good business. I think this may have something to do with why Morgan left, once he heard Austin was getting the belt he knew he was never getting near it again.

I'm happy for Aries. However, he's not the savior of TNA. His character is an IWCs wet dream, and so is his in ring style. So if that's who they're catering to, then awesome.

I wouldn't mind seeing TNA try to make Aries, Storm, and Roode their guys. Styles' time has gone, he can't draw. He can be the RVD of TNA. Have his own little niche, but not huge mass appeal.

The last statement makes him a babyface in TNA. Smarks LOOOOVE jerks. They LOOOOOVE to say "I cheer him because he's a good heel". Aries IS the IWC character. That's what the IWC loves. If you were to create a wrestler that was what 90% of IWC fans want, it's Austin Aries. Arrogant, but "can still get it done in the ring". By "get it done in the ring" I mean, a bunch of moves and sells for maybe 30 seconds and totally ignores any and all selling and storytelling up to that point during the finishing run.

I don't care how long it took. Styles is done. He's not ever getting anymore over. If he would, it would have happened by now. Time to give Aries a shot because he has more personality than Styles and can really work the IWC character and style to a T.

I wasn't an Aries fan at first but I must say, he's grown on me. I hope they leave the strap on him for a little while and just aren't using him as a transistion for someone else. TNA had a great heel champ in Roode so I hope a long bitter fued is in the mix!

I'm happy for Aries. However, he's not the savior of TNA. His character is an IWCs wet dream, and so is his in ring style. So if that's who they're catering to, then awesome.

I wouldn't mind seeing TNA try to make Aries, Storm, and Roode their guys. Styles' time has gone, he can't draw. He can be the RVD of TNA. Have his own little niche, but not huge mass appeal.

Surely RVD is the RVD of TNA?

I think it's time for AJ to try McMahon land. At this point in his career he knows he can't be treated any worse there than a Christian or at the outside a Daniel Bryan reign if he can get himself over enough. He is someone who could come into WWE and have novelty value and within a couple of months get over if he can come up with something fresh.I'd give him that 3 months in TNA, then they should let him go if they really want to go with Rood, Storm and Aries.

Aries has worked very hard for this, and I am glad they secured him for the long term. I think this is evidence that he is going to be their guy going forward. I hope this means a long title run for him, and I like the idea of him feuding with a heel AJ styles. I was glad they pulled the trigger on Aries, and now they gave him the security he needs. Great things to come from him in the future.

In related news, water is wet, fire is hot and your significant other finds me more attractive than you. This was always going to happen, wasn't it? Better for TNA, better for Aries, better for the fans. Well earned on all fronts.

What are the qualities about Aries that make him that much more marketable than AJ? Other than great facial hair, lack of dumb tattoos and being smarter than a bag of rocks. Fundamentally, at a very basic level, I see the two as both great performers with great charisma and I don't see that wide a chasm between them.

Why does one person have to be the face of the company? This is a roster with established headliners at the top level (Sting, Angle, Hardy), guys who were very close (RVD, Anderson), guys who have been loved by the TNA faithful for years (Styles, Joe, Abyss) and, last but certainly not least, the guys who are now being pushed to the headline level (Roode, Storm, Aries, Bully Ray, [Daniels? Magnus?])... and that is before we see who might get unveiled in the 'Aces & Eights' plot.

It is great news that TNA has signed A Double long term and it would appear that the company is also doing a pretty good job keeping all these guys happy in recent times (just witness Joe, Abyss, Bully and Daniels for guys that were written off as 'future endeavors' candidates in threads on this very sight a short time ago). Long may it continue!

I always said Styles should have been the John Cena of TNA in terms of being the face of the company from day one. But unfortunately TNA turned him heel when they shouldn't, made him a lackey for such people as Angle and Christian.Before Aries stepped in the company he was and maybe still is the best wrestler in the company and TNA constantly screwed up with him. He could always be a main eventer again but it's clear they want other people in that position. But Aries will do just fine with his current run, he's one of the best on the mic there. Great in ring skill, and just all around fun to watch. Good for him and TNA, hope he stays for the foreseeable future.

In related news, water is wet, fire is hot and your significant other finds me more attractive than you. This was always going to happen, wasn't it? Better for TNA, better for Aries, better for the fans. Well earned on all fronts.

What are the qualities about Aries that make him that much more marketable than AJ? Other than great facial hair, lack of dumb tattoos and being smarter than a bag of rocks. Fundamentally, at a very basic level, I see the two as both great performers with great charisma and I don't see that wide a chasm between them.

Aries, IMO, can carry himself verbally much better than Styles, and that's important at that level. Just go back and watch some of the promo spots in the Aries/Roode feud, or even the Aries/Ray feud (as short-lived as it was). It's not that AJ is especially bad, but he's he's not on the same level as Aries there, and again, that's one of the most important aspects of being the World Heavyweight Champion.

I also disagree about the lack of dumb tattoos. Have you not seen the giant chinese letter on his upper arm?

image28695.jpg

This is great news, Austin Aries is on fire right now and TNA have made a wise move to lock down their current hottest talent and to reward him for all his hard work.

Aries is one of the best in the world right now, and TNA would have been foolish not to alter his contract if there were rumours of him being unhappy with the terms of his current deal. If the TNA champion was unhappy it would be quite likely that WWE would be sniffing around Aries, so to get him on a long-term extension is great for TNA.

He has the potential to be the face of TNA for a good while, along with the likes of Roode and Storm. I am buzzing off the fact AA is the champ now, as much as I love Roode, and we should be seeing some great matches from Aries in the near future against the likes of Storm, Styles, Angle and the inevitable Roode rematch.

Great! I like Aries. I like watching him in matches and I love when he cuts promos. There isn't one of his promos that I've heard and haven't enjoyed. The fact that TNA locked him up means they HOPEFULLY have big plans with this guy. He's a hard worker, a popular champion (hasn't defended the title yet) and a tweener non-stop. I'm seriously hoping they don't make this feud with Roode stupid crazy tho. If it does, fans will get bored and be more likely to go make a bowl of mac 'n cheese during one of their promos. I'm happy that Austin has a home in TNA for a lkong time, I expect great things from this young man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back