TNA Promos

Porter1989

Occasional Pre-Show
im watching impact and the backstage promo with abyssa and richards fighting just didnt sell. i think this is the problem in tna is the bad acting jobs but the inring ability is good. but these promos with guys fighting backstage the girls are really bad. just give me your thoughts on these backstage brawls and let me know if you think they are good or just simply bad and never can sell?

I think the problem is that the "Brawls" generally last to long. At first when i saw the Abyss/Richards Brawl I was like "alright, lets see it this is going to work." But it just took to long at get to the point. I liked the way Abyss was taunting Richards and personally laugh whenever he says "RVD". It should of been Abyss getting beat up, Abyss coming back and camera cutting out after he missed with Janice all in about 2 and 1/2 minutes. Short and Sweet and gets the point across. Same goes with Hardy's brawl with Abyss last week at the beginning of the show.

I feel the Hardy/Abyss brawl on reaction last week was acceptable though. It worked to a certain extent. I would like to say i do like the unconventional way they film there promos on tna as opposed to the very staged way of the wwe.

You can easily tell whose good at promos and who is not.. it seems like almost weekly when u hear a terrible promo it just makes i want to change the channel quick and wait for the next match to come on.. it makes me question the company's agents or who is helping the wrestlers with their promos because its obvious that some of those guys really needs help and needs to learn how to sell it out, that is one of their biggest problems they have with that company

im watching impact and the backstage promo with abyssa and richards fighting just didnt sell. i think this is the problem in tna is the bad acting jobs but the inring ability is good. but these promos with guys fighting backstage the girls are really bad. just give me your thoughts on these backstage brawls and let me know if you think they are good or just simply bad and never can sell?

I don't understand what you're complaint really is – TNA's backstage promos, or their backstage segments like the brawl between Abyss and Richards? Two very different things, really.

I've never been big into brawls unless the moment really calls for it, and it's rare the moment calls for it, so that should tell you all you need to know about my opinion on brawls, but the backstage quality is something I actually enjoy a lot – it breaks down the walls of kayfabe a bit when you get to see guys carry the fight into the rafters or backstage a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back