• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The true TNA saviour has arrived...I think :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Former ECW & WWE star Stevie Richards was backstage last night at the TV tapings and it is rumored he may be starting with the company soon doing a "loose cannon" gimmick of sorts.

Richards would be a great addition to the TNA roster should rumors prove to be true. He can talk and work, strengths TNA needs.

He was released in August of 2008 so is well past his 90 day non-compete.

I think Stevie Richards would be a good addition to TNA, he could come in as someone who is a veteran but who won't act like one. Whilst his career has been mostly that of a jobber, he deserves some recognition.

He has had goodness knows how many neck injuries, and just a few weeks back received a collapsed lung and was back wrestling within a few days.

The guy is great on the mic, just check out his bWo and RTC stuff to show that he can cut pretty good promos, his ring work is decent in my opinion.l

Would you welcome Stevie Richards to TNA or not?

I'd welcome it. He could fit with anyone, as heel or face and as you point out Lee, we can work and talk.

I would say he is injury-prone (as much as a wrestler can be) and as such, working with a younger talent, someone who will benefit from Stevie's presence and charisma, may be the best bet, with minimal in ring work to protect him as an asset.

There is little doubt in mind that he could be a very valuable ex WWE asset if used correctly (unlike someone like Bashir who is a waste). As always though, using talent correctly may be the problem within TNA.

You don't mean the true saviour of TNA literally, do you? I hope not.

I want to see Richards in TNA as much as I want to see a Rikishi return - so not very much. I'm supposing that most fans feel the same, assuming they even know who he is. The highlight of his career was hitting himself in the face with a chair during... WrestleMania 19, I think. Hilarious.

Maybe he can train guys backstage or something, but I've absolutely no interest in seeing him in the ring. Sorry Stevie.

Stevie Richards has a lot of heart and talent but not too many wrestling fans (especially marks) has any respect for him and for all he's done for the business...mainly ECW

If they're going to let Stevie Richards be the Stevie from E.C.W. fame, then absolutely he'll do amazing. But if they're gonna have him join, just to job or restart some group of jobbers then I'll pass.

I was always a Stevie Richards fan from E.C.W., and even for a bit in W.W.F., but they turned him stupid for so long.. then had him lead a (in my opinion) great faction in the R.T.C., only to fill it with jobbers and overall make the faction not as powerful as it could've been.

With T.N.A. turning toward an R rating, I think a bit of an R.T.C. angle could work again, but this time with actual talent and not just fill-in jobbers.

And if not that, then definately some type of misfit 3rd party invasion could spark the fans. I mean, they cheer Sharkboy, so Stevie Richards to the T.N.A. crowd would pop about as loud as Steve Austin from Backlash 2000.

The only interest I have in Stevie Richards joining TNA is for that 1-2 minutes where you can say "Hey that guy used to wrestle in WWE" then forget about him afterward because its TNA. You're right TNA does misuse their talent. The BWO was funny and I didn't see much of his work in ECW so I don't know what to say their. But hey if he can add something to the promotion then why not.

I think it's good for two reasons: 1. they have a seasoned in-ring performer who has wrestled on the big stage to train the awesome young talent they have to be better performers. 2. they have a guy who was on the ground floor of a company that created the biggest revolution the wrestling world has ever seen (next to the creation of WWE).

Stevie should be good to help the company along and who knows, he could have a reinvigorated career all while working less on the road and spending more time with his family. He's a great worker and a severly underestimated performer.

Greatest Stevie Moment: His return to ECW at November to Remember after his WCW stint.

How could you ever call Richards the "savior" of any promotion. Wait, this is TNA, so you could be right. But in all honestly, he sucks. And its not his fault, but his character's credibility has virtually been destroyed, and idk if that can ever be repared enough for him to be actual credible wrestler one day. And, IMO, I dont think TNA needs to bring in ANOTHER WWE release, especially a lower talent at that. It would make TNA look weaker than ever (if thats even possible).

I really don't understand this at all. What impact is a career midcarder/jobber going to have on TNA? Seriously. Where is he gonna fit in on TNA? Not in the Frontline/Main Event Mafia feud, not in the X-Division, don't can't see anyone he could team up with in the tag team division. He'll in essence suffer from I like to call Kip James Disease, just be absolutely lost in TNA.

He's not exactly a huge name like Mick Foley, and certainly couldn't do what Raven did (be a successful ECW name turn WWE mid-carder turn TNA main eventer), he doesn't have the name power. Honestly, this is a bad move for TNA, just a waste of space on the roster, it won't benefit the company in anyway, and I can only seeing last for so long before he'd get released.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stevie, he's a good talent, both in the ring and on the mic, but I'm tired of TNA signing just anybody WWE releases, especially when they just don't fit in, just because he worked for WWE.

With T.N.A. turning toward an R rating, I think a bit of an R.T.C. angle could work again

Do we really need TNA rehashing old WWE angles?

People tend to forget that Stevie was pretty talented about ten years ago. I don't know how old the guy is, but he's certainly not over the hill. He probably doesn't have anything in him left to be the man, but I think he has plenty in him to either train or put on a good match or two.

People also need to realize that the guy has had his fair share of semi to serious injuries over the last decade. He is no longer the guy that was once considered to be the next Shawn Michaels, he's a guy that hasn't had a decent push since he went to WCW in the summer of 97.

I don't think Stevie is going to do much of anything if he goes to TNA. He didn't do anything of not in WCW or the WWF, hell he didn't do anything really of note ni ECW except for the BWO. So in thinking about this more, Stevie Richards isn't going to do shit for TNA.

I could see him as a solid midcard guy to feud with (and ultimately put over) guys like Morgan, Rhoode, Storm, Bashir etc. I'm a bit of a fan, he wasn't given any kind of push for the longest time but I found him pretty entertaining as a jobber to the stars in WWE so why not?

I would
Stevie is a good entertainer he can do funny angles (remmember the ones with victoria)
He has seen many (Ecw Originals) somethign like Ten Years in the BIG LEAGUE (WWE) and he is good friend with raven
is raven still in tna ?
Im pretty sure he can do good stuff with or without his long date Friend

What cracks me up on this is the way WZ worded it. He can talk and work, two thigns TNA desperately needs. Um, what else is there? But I digress.

I'm not sure how sold I am on this. Richards was indeed dependable in the ring to not have a bad match, so this should indeed help out TNA. However, at the end of the day this guy has done what since RTC, which was almost 8 years ago? his career highlight is losing in the next to last match at a PPV from 12 years ago. As long as he's not pushed as anything more than a jobber to the stars he'll be good I guess. However, with TNA's booking he'll be challenging for a title soon. I could see him being used to feud with Shelley for awhile, but as long as TNA doesn't overhype the hell out of him I'm fine.

People also need to realize that the guy has had his fair share of semi to serious injuries over the last decade. He is no longer the guy that was once considered to be the next Shawn Michaels, he's a guy that hasn't had a decent push since he went to WCW in the summer of 97.

heh heh... and I thought I was the only guy to consider him the next Shawn Michaels way back when :)

Stevie Richards today could be a good (possibly great) asset for any company that gets him, despite his injuries and the fact that his character/persona is now somewhat "damaged goods." The question is if he jumps to TNA, will the braintrust there let him be good? I'm not so sure.

Stevie Richards is best when the company takes their hands off of him and lets him be Stevie Richards... a goofy and comical, yet technically sound wrestler that balances the "laughs" with some pretty impressive ring work. This is why I think Richards was so successful in ECW, and not so much in WCW or WWF/E.

In order for him to be a success in TNA the dumb fuckers up there need to just let him do his own thing cause like the post above me said he is best when the company takes their hands off of him. Anyways I think he will be a great asset cause he can teach the young guys to be more charismatic & work better in the ring.

I look at it this way. If Sting, Angle, Booker T, Christian, Gail Kim or Christy Hemme couldn't save TNA then I don't think Stevie Richards will succeed where better wrestlers have failed before him. But the 1st thing that did come to mind when I saw Richards is I hope they bring back Raven.

Is it just me or did no one actually watch the last Impact? Does anyone else not recall the Abyss promo where he was talking to his therapist? A therapist with RIchard's ponytail, and raspy voice? A thereapist that he called Dr. Stevie?

If it continues, from this promo, it looks like he is coming in as the therapist that Chris Parks has been seeing to deal with the 'trouble' and anger issues that had formed Abyss in his psyche.

Stevie is a good wrestler. I just dont know how he's going to fit into TNA. Sure he was a lot of talent, but a lot of people have a lot of talent in TNA. So I'd like to see him be Abyss's manager. He could help get Abyss over by accompying him to the ring and maybe cutting a promo. I could even see a Abyss/Richards tag team forming, with Abyss eventually turning heel and beating the hell out of Richards. But untill them I'm excited to see what TNA does with him.

I am a huge Stevie Richards mark. I loved Stevie back in ECW, I loved him all the way through his entire stint in the WWE. I think that he was always under-utilized and under-rated. Richards has charisma (as evident from all the years and gimmicks he has had) and he has talent (as evident from a handful of at least semi-decent matches he has had over the years), and he can be entertaining. I have always thought that in the right circumstances, Stevie easily could've been WWE European or Intercontinental Champion. Those days, however, are long gone and alas, he is in TNA.

I will not go as far as to claim that he will be the Savior of TNA. I will say that he will make a great addition to the roster. He will bring charisma and entertainment to TNA, regardless of the part he plays, and should he be put into the ring, a decent match will be drawn out of whomever he faces.

I will also admit this openly: if I even hear a rumor about the possibility of Stevie winning the TNA World Title, I will purchase every single TNA PPV for a year and watch every episode of everything they put on television.

Stevie is so overdue. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back