TNA drops the ball again.

wrestlingfan2

Dark Match Winner
Am I the only only who thinks that Angle v Hardy should have been saved for BFG? This match could have a had some great build up and on top of it the TNA title is up for grabs!

I don't think TNA dropped the ball, the match was obviously well fought and everything. It was match of the night in my opinion. Anderson vs Pope sucked. But anyway, yeah, it would've been a great world title match at BFG, but TNA didn't drop the ball or anything. Who knows, they might fight again in BFG again, and forget about the World Champion match.

you will see them at BFG...just in a three way dance with Anderson. I thought they dropped the ball when the put that match on second to last. People were dead for Pope/Anderson after that superior match that Hardy and Angle had. But whatever....I enjoyed that match FAR too much to sit and find something to nitpick about. I just sat and appreciated another awesome Kurt Angle match.

I don't know if you're the only one, but after seeing what TNA dished out tonight at No Surrender - I'm pretty sure that whoever faces Anderson for the Title at B.F.G will have a match twice as good as what they had tonight.

Personally, I didn't think Hardy and Angle would do what they did tonight. That match blew me the fuck away. I'm speechless. The ending might seem stupid to some, no contest and all, but I think it was just perfect.

By the way, the title of your thread is pretty stupid.

It was a hell of a match, whether it should have been saved or not idk. Without it No Surrender would have been subpar but still better than a WWE ppv (Had to take a cheap yet factual shot). Defintely the match of the night, Bound For Glory material and my guess is a triple threat match. Maybe even elim and shockingly have Kurt eliminated first ala Tazz's last ECW match as world champ before signing with WWE.

I think putting Hardy in a main event title match at your biggest PPV of the year is a gamble. Giving his track record with drugs what if something happened. Plus he can sometimes come off as lazy. So I think having an out in case something does happen be it a 3 way or a rematch at BFG is a good idea. I know I wouldn't put all my eggs in Hardy's basket at the biggest PPV of the year.

Given the nature of the match's finish, which I have no problem with by the way, they did the right thing.

the match was great but it could have been better if they wasn't any stupid time limit. that is what sucks about tna. that and the booking. they have more talent than the wwe but they just don't use them right. Hardy Vs Angle should have been the main event because it was alot better then Anderson Vs The Pope.

I don't know what to tell you, but that match was the best match I've seen in several months. Then again, I don't really watch a lot of TNA. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Honestly, while they have "dropped the ball" on many things, I don't think they did with this one. In fact, how do you know it won't be Angle vs. Hardy again at BFG? It could be a three-way with Anderson. Who knows? Guess we'll have to watch to find out.

Once again, best match I've seen in a long while. If that's not a Match of the Year candidate, I don't know what is. Of course, Taker/Shawn at Mania XXVI goes without saying.

As always, get over yourselves and enjoy some wrestling.

Yes they dropped the ball for not making it the main event, Pope vs Anderson didn't match up to the awesome Hardy vs Angle match, but as for BFG they didn't drop it, it is too obvious that maybe TNA will decide to put the title on the line in a 3 way dance match with Anderson in the mix, could be a little bit interesting and the markee value with those names may sell the PPV well.

IMO this is a MOTY candidate with Shawn vs Taker from WM26.

its not like they won't wrestle against each other again. So whats the harm of putting a great match on no surrender? why wait till BFG? I actually liked Styles-Angle match early this year as well. So great matches can happen here and there, so whenever you see it you are glad for that to happen. As i said its not like they won't wrestle against each other again.

Yes they dropped the ball for not making it the main event, Pope vs Anderson didn't match up to the awesome Hardy vs Angle match, but as for BFG they didn't drop it, it is too obvious that maybe TNA will decide to put the title on the line in a 3 way dance match with Anderson in the mix, could be a little bit interesting and the markee value with those names may sell the PPV well.

IMO this is a MOTY candidate with Shawn vs Taker from WM26.

No they didn't drop the ball on anything because hey - they can't see in the freaking future. How were they supposed to know that this match was going to be so balls to the wall awesome?

Anyway, no reason to bitch about anything. Pope/Anderson, Angle/Hardy, AJ/Dreamer ( mainly because of AJ winning, thank God Tommy didn't win eh ) , made my fucking day. This PPV exceeded my expectations. Great matches, great everythang.

look the only think tna dropped the ball on was litteraly dropping a basketball on a blacktop court there was nothing bad about the ppv sure the knockouts match was a little iffy and the jarrett joe vs nash and sting match wasnt what you would expect but look its about building a successful night put 1 or 2 great matches first then put the matches you know that wont be as good after then finish it with awesome ones and from seeing the angle hardy match and andersons win you can tell that it will be a great match i mean its a good thing RVD is not in the main but i think he will be back to take on abyss to end that match in a monster ball style match and who ever they or them are is pretty hard to figure out i want to say mick foley as 1 even though ev2.0 hes been face and heel with abyss and hopefully ev2.0 will come to an end i mean only raven richards rhino dreamer sabu truly remain i dont count kendrick at all and hopefully gen me will get the titles soon and at a match at bound for glory ultamite x style

No they didn't drop the ball on anything because hey - they can't see in the freaking future. How were they supposed to know that this match was going to be so balls to the wall awesome?

Anyway, no reason to bitch about anything. Pope/Anderson, Angle/Hardy, AJ/Dreamer ( mainly because of AJ winning, thank God Tommy didn't win eh ) , made my fucking day. This PPV exceeded my expectations. Great matches, great everythang.

I didn't say they dropped the ball on not putting Angle and Hardy at BFG, I said that they should've put them at the main event, their star power exceeds any other two wrestlers in TNA and it should've been expected that their match was going to involve more emotions than the other semi final.

And Yes this PPV exceeded my expectation (to the point I enjoed Rhyno and Abyss) with the crowd being hot for the most part of the night cheering the faces and booing the heels and not trying to be the smartasses who like to cheer the heels.

it will be a triple threat match just check BFG's website

If your just makin a prediction by goin by the wallpaper you just epic failed. I see Angle vs Hardy on Impact in a Best Of 3 Series and Jeff shoulda tapped, plus I was shocked they ended the match due to blood now that was a wtf moment.

This is insane how u guys just look for anything to complain about...That was the best PPV I have seen this year. From top to bottom. The Angle vs Hardy match ended that way in order to setup another match between the 2. Also, to start a feud between the 2. Remember u but brains...Angle retires if he loses another match. So that means you all thought he would win...What a swerve...Amazing PPV.

In the immortal words of Snoop Dog.

For those who don't like it, " Eat a D..k...lol

Awesome match and highly enjoyable ppv. Just had to inform you that although pope/anderson was not a great match. It had to be the last match. Otherwise they couldn't justify the time limit or extensions because they would still have had satellite time remaining. They had to give Pope/Anderson 20 mins at least.

Only sad point for me was no Brutus/Wolfe (although tag match was still sweet). Wonder what the personal issue was? I also wanted Joe to kill Jarrett, but hopefully thats coming at BFG.

Time limit added to the suspense for me. I was pissed when the first time limit happened. But after the second I was into it. Kinda pissed they ended the match MMA style with "A bad cut"

I thought this was one of the best PPVs of the year. Listen guys, Anderson Mark or not, the action in this event was 10x what you will ever see from WWE. This was one of the best nights for TNA in a while. They set up some great storylines to work with into BFG and left people thinking about what will happen next.

Personally, I hope Hardy forfeits out of the tournament because of injury and it's Anderson vs. Angle. GenMe vs. MCMG one more time at BFG will be insane, especially if they add a twist (can anyone say Ladder match?).

Rhino vs. Abyss wasn't technically sound at all, but it still had that hardcore edge that I love and won't give up. Sabu vs. Williams wasn't anything special at all, neither was the KOs match.

Angle vs. Hardy stole the show though, but I'm glad it wasn't BFG because I don't ever want to see Hardy in the main event until his legal troubles are cleared. The Wolfpac vs. Joe/Jarrett match was decent, nothing to scream about. And finally, we get to celebrate a day assholes. ONE MORE MATCH. One more match and my favorite wrestler ever can reach a high point in his career.

Don't blindly hate on TNA - it's not an indy promotion nor is it dressed like one. But it's the best combination of WWE and Indy I've ever seen and I'll gladly take their side on any war. At least IMO, TNA has the best product out there right now.

People really need to learn the spam rules, basically half of the posts in this thread will be deleted.

But actually on topic, I don't see how TNA dropped the ball. Why the fuck would they have this match at BFG? And it DID have good build-up. I thought TNA did a solid job with building up both semi-final matches, and plus Anderson/Hardy/Angle will probably be just as good as this one.

they have the time limit so they can pretend that the show doesnt go on and on but
it was a good match and that way kurt and hardy might be in a world title picture

I didn't watch the PPV, but frome what I have heard the Angle/Hardy match was worth the price of admission, IMO any match with Angle and title hopes should be in the ME unless there is an actual title match going on. That being said it sounds like TNA may have "dropped the ball" with the scheduling of the matches, but hey hindsight is 20/20 as no one ever knows what the live match is going to be like no matter how much it's practiced. Either way it was the best way to keep the Angle, uh well angle running without having to actually put the belt around his waist or him retiring when he isn't pinned at BFG.

On a seperate note, check out the poster for BFG with Angle/Hardy/Anderson front and center, small bit of spoiling the main event wouldn't ya think?

I think the only way they dropped the ball was having Angle/Hardy before Anderson/Pope. I guess that's second guessing the card, but knowing that Angle & hardy are more well-known stars than Anderson & Pope, I would've thought their match would close the PPV. Seems like they want to set up a 3 way match, & they could actually have Angle lose & not retire. As long as he isn't pinned, he can say he was never really defeated, & he can continue his career. I hope Anderson makes a heel turn & he wins the title. But no, I don't think TNA dropped a ball. Angle/Hardy was a really good match, & since so many matches @ SummerSlam, including the WWE title match, ended in a no contest/DQ/count out, you can't really take shots @ TNA for ending 1 match in the same way. BTW, I know this had nothing to do with the ending of the match, but Angle suffered a dislocated rib. Borash posted pics of it on his twitter page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back