TNA Doing Some House Cleaning: Several Stars Released

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to several sites, TNA has released several wrestlers over the course of the day. As of right now, most of the releases are of wrestlers that were participants in the Gut Check concept; those names being Joey Ryan, Taeler Hendrix and Christian York. There were reports earlier that Sam Shaw had also been released but PWInider.com reveals that he hasn't, at least at this time.

TNA has also cut two more talents that have had bigger roles on the roster. The contract of 4 time TNA Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne has expired ad it doesn't look like it's being renewed. TNA has also released former TNA World Tag Team Champion, the recently returned Crimson.

According to PWInsider.com, the cuts are part of cost cutting measures and these talents were being paid a monthly guarantee, the sum undisclosed right now, as well as additional fees for events they worked. Since taking Impact Wrestling on the road, allegedly, there's been talk about adopting cost cutting measures. Again, allegedly, there's been talk of complaint from wrestlers who aren't being paid on time, even a couple of months late. Whether that's true or not is anybody's guess.

Given that most of the wrestlers released were Cut Check winners, this certainly doesn't say much about the concept or, at least, TNA's choices of participants and winners. It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to quietly let the concept die.

Waiting on a response from one of my guys inside, but I feel like things are maybe blowing a bit out of proportion. TNA needs to cut costs because road touring is expensive as all hell. The people they cut, with the exception of Madison, had guaranteed money in their contracts (rather than per-appearance fees) and weren't being used. So it made sense to cut, rather than attempt to restructure contracts, which the workers would never want to do.

I don't think TNA is necessary "crumbling", or what have you. Just a little house cleaning, as you said. It's not like anybody, with the exception of Madison again, will be that greatly missed. It's the payroll rumor I'm more concerned about, which is what I'm waiting to hear back on.

it's too bad Crimson is done. maybe he can return still.

Madison's contract expired. she could still return once she is ready to.

I don't think any of the others will be missed.

the whole Gut Check thing has been a complete waste of time, and it continues to be that way.

Simply put, Hogan and Bischoff have killed another company. If TNA wants to cut some dead weight and save money then here's some people that can go and won't be missed by me; Hogan and his daughter, she's not needed, what does she do otherwise then storylines, Bischoff, most of Aces and Eights, Jesse Godderz and Robbie E.

Imo, this company has gone downhill since Hogan came in and changed or got rid of everything that made TNA different than the E, i.e. the 6-sided ring, the king of the mountain title match. He basically tried to turn it into 1980's wwf and of course had to insert his 60yo bald headed has been ass into every storyline that he could and then added his daughter.

Farewell TNA, it was nice while it lasted

Simply put, Hogan and Bischoff have killed another company. If TNA wants to cut some dead weight and save money then here's some people that can go and won't be missed by me; Hogan and his daughter, she's not needed, what does she do otherwise then storylines, Bischoff, most of Aces and Eights, Jesse Godderz and Robbie E.

Imo, this company has gone downhill since Hogan came in and changed or got rid of everything that made TNA different than the E, i.e. the 6-sided ring, the king of the mountain title match. He basically tried to turn it into 1980's wwf and of course had to insert his 60yo bald headed has been ass into every storyline that he could and then added his daughter.

How many times do these butt dumplings have to come on here professing the death of TNA. I mean you idiots have only been predicting the death of tna for I don't know, at least eight years now. The last time I checked, TNA is up and running. So how long are we going to profess the funeral of TNA wrestling by you IWC tards? I continue to laugh at these posts. So keep posting your stupid death certificates for TNA. TNA isn't going anywhere in the near future.

I'm very sad to hear that Joey Ryan has been cut. The guy had it all in my opinion. He stood out, could wrestle well and talk well. As well as great music! Taeler Hendrix could've been moulded into something good and I think she would've made a good Knockouts jobber to have around.

Surprised about Crimson, honestly thought they had plans for him.

Madison's still pregnant right?

Christian York, I wanted him to succeed but after he won Gut Check it just seemed like all his matches were in slow-motion, and his promos seemed to be in slow motion too.

If Sam Shaw is still on the roster I'll be amazed. Guy is as generic as you can get. He should be released. Definitely over Joey Ryan.

I have a feeling Rockstar Spud has only been saved from these cuts in order to prevent British Boot Camp from being a complete waste of time.

So all these guys are gone from TNA as well as OVW?

Simply put, Hogan and Bischoff have killed another company. If TNA wants to cut some dead weight and save money then here's some people that can go and won't be missed by me; Hogan and his daughter, she's not needed, what does she do otherwise then storylines,
You're an idiot if you want to get rid of the most recognizable face in pro wrestling.

Bischoff, most of Aces and Eights, Jesse Godderz and Robbie E.
Meh. Agreed, I guess.

Imo, this company has gone downhill since Hogan came in and changed or got rid of everything that made TNA different than the E, i.e. the 6-sided ring,
Yeah, because that ring was clearly a bigger draw, right?

the king of the mountain title match.
Its one match.

He basically tried to turn it into 1980's wwf
When?
and of course had to insert his 60yo bald headed has been ass into every storyline that he could and then added his daughter.
GM characters tend to do that.

Oh noes......

I'm fairly surprised Crimson is gone. The only reason he ever did badly was because he was just thrown into a big position while still being quite green. He's always had a great look and was at least comfortable on the mic. Maybe he'll be back some day. As for Madison Rayne, well she's pregnant. It's going to be a very long time before she can come back.

Crimson being released is a bit upsetting. The guy was still green in his first run but he was improving a fair bit. His new look gave his character some new life as well and he could have easily been a star in the company with some decent booking. I can understand the others but Crimson had far more potential than some of the other guys they keep around on the roster and could have been a player immediately with some decent booking.

Guess this means Gut Check is dead though. Basically every wrestler associated with it is gone.

the whole Gut Check thing has been a complete waste of time, and it continues to be that way.

Taelar Hendrix, Christian York and Joey Ryan won the first version of TNA Gutcheck. Not the current, which consists of 2 participants competing (the matches have been gret, and the next step is to thrown on participants that were voted by fans. That isn't a waste of time. It shows they care about this process. They learnt that going with what fans want (polls), and by picking top indy guys (like Jay Bradley) would work. How did they learn this? Taelar Hendrix, Christian York and Joey Ryan. They faced off against TNA stars in poor quality matches, and were unknowns.......are unknowns.

Simply put, Hogan and Bischoff have killed another company.

This was said in 2010. Ever since, TNA has expanded. They have more fans, go on live, tape in the UK, have 4 PPV's per year, and have moved out of Orlando, taking the show on the road.

If TNA wants to cut some dead weight and save money then here's some people that can go and won't be missed by me; Hogan and his daughter, she's not needed, what does she do otherwise then storylines, Bischoff, most of Aces and Eights, Jesse Godderz and Robbie E.

Hogan won't be missed? What the heck is wrong with you? He is the Greatest superstar of all time. He is Wrestling. He gets a bigger pop than anyone in the TNA locker room. Of course he'll be missed. It's fair to say that he does take up a lot of TV time, but he has helped bring some fans over to TNA, and has helped promote the product. Hulk Hogan is an icon, whether he promotes or not, he will attract fans. As far as Jesse and Robbie are concerned, both are entertaining, know how to get the crowd going, and Jesse is improving each week. If they are going to be used as Jobbers, so be it. One at least though. Jobbers are good. Especially someone like Robbie E. They are like the spare parts of the machine to keep it going. If they need a filler, they could use one of these guys and they can help in matches when a character is being developed. For example, Ryback had a load of Jobbers in his way, and he beat each of them in a destructive manner, and this got him over with the fans. Example 2: Let's say Styles has just returned or Sting is in a match after his defeat at Slammiversary, they could squash the Jobber, to show their anger and to tell a story.

the 6-sided ring, the king of the mountain title match. He basically tried to turn it into 1980's wwf

:lmao: The 6-sided ring made them look like an indy show, and only worked for X-division stars, as they made the use of the extra corners and sides. The King of the Mountain match involved hanging a title, not taking it down, self explanatory. How did he try to turn it into 80's WWF? That was child based you fool. TNA is nothing like that, it is TV-14.

Please stop.

I'm just going to throw this out there: I think Crimson could actually get a solid push in the WWE. You can argue that "he's too green" or "all he has is a menacing look, but he can't talk". Wasn't there another guy about 15 years ago who had a menacing look, was green as hell in the ring, and wasn't that great on the mic who ended up being a HUGE star in wrestling? Maybe it's only (and I mean ONLY) the optimist in me.

And as far as the Gut Check winners being cut? The concept is still trial and error. To make an omelet, you have to crack a few eggs.

I would comment on this whole "TNA is dying" comment, but I think this poor guy has been crucified enough.

Joey Ryan, Taeler Hendrix & Madison Rayne are big losses, in my opinion. Joey Ryan in particular as he is tremendously talented. TNA wasn't doing anything with them though, so really, it makes sense. Why continue to pay someone that you're not going to use?

Not that Rayne was a great worker or anything but she had some TNA name recognition at least.

I just want to address the tiny panic that is happening and will hopefully not spread. Here we have another example of how full of shit WrestleZone is, and how gullible its readers are.

Just as it was with the Austin Aries and Christy Hemme situation, the dirt sheets took something and turned it into the god damned Lewinski Scandal. Mark Madden wrote article after article about it, WrestleZone highlighted it in negative light and spurred a discussion over whether Austin should be fired, TNA be punished, the implications this will have on TNA's relationship with Spike TV and a plethora of other pointless subjects.

All of the doomcrying and all of the predictions put forward by both WrestleZone "staff" and common IWC trash never came to pass. Nothing happened. Aries was put on the back burner for a month until the fuss caused by us died down and everyone forgot about it. Now Aries is back in the mix, he's seemingly in an important storyline and the world moved on.

The result of all of this was a giant win for WrestleZone. They spurred a discussion, they got many clicks, they got tons of posts and threads on the matter and boosted traffic. Good job, WZ and great job IWC trash - you fell for it.

In fact, I think I should bake you a cake because you're falling for it once again. The "TNA is crumbling, people want out" bullshit.

Here, much like in the "Greatest scandal that never lived" case, we have a common issue at hand. A bunch of undercard talent who were rarely used and not seen as commodities for the company were released in order to cut costs and stop paying them for no reason. A perfectly logical move, it happens every day in every single company (not just wrestling). It doesn't mean TNA is broke, it simply means they're managing their finances. WWE has millions to spare and they do it too. Get it right.

This is a practice done by both TNA and WWE on almost a monthly basis. Every now and then we'd get a report about some FCW, OVW and NXT wrestlers being released for whatever reason. Most of the time we either don't know who they were, or they were rarely used thus let go. The company doesn't see potential in them so both parties cut ties and each goes their separate way. The most normal thing in the world.

Now, however, according to WrestleZone, the release of about five individuals who have not been used in a long time means TNA IS GOING DOWN THE FUCKING SHAFT! IT'S HAPPENING, PEOPLE! AFTER ELEVEN YEARS OF STRUGGLING, TNA IS FINALLY GOING TO KICK THE BUCKET! THE SIGNS ARE THERE! CALL A PRIEST, DIG A HOLE, THIS SUCKER IS GOING NIGHT NIGHT! YOU HAD A GOOD RUN, TNA! TIME TO GO!

... are you people out of your minds? Are you insane? Did your mothers piledrive you on your heads when you were little? Did Chris Jericho time travel back in time and Codebreak you when you were playing outside? What damaged you so badly?

We get a common practice framed as the first stage of the TNA apocalypse, since we all know that no company could ever function properly if top shelf talent such as Christian York are no longer a part of it, and everybody is starting to lose their shit.

Then, if the rest of the report wasn't credible enough, WrestleZone's "sources" tell them that a bunch of talent have been paid late and are prepared to pack up their shit and go home. Well, aside from the fact that there is literally no way to prove this, I have a question. Indulge me.

If TNA talent have been wanting out and if TNA talent have been getting paid two months late, why didn't you report this as a separate issue? Think about it, this is kind of a big deal. People want out? People aren't getting paid right? You'd think it'll be awarded its own report, not just thrown in there with the common reports of some nobodies getting the boot.

Doesn't it all seem like a nice fictional touch to the story to just stir that pot a little bit more?

Come on, if anyone seriously thinks TNA is in trouble (even if this crap shoot is true), then you need to check your head. They released a couple of people they never used, how the hell is that a news story?

WrestleZone is getting desperate. You liked your little Austin Aries scandal success a bit too much and you're starting to stir up shit for no reason these days. How about we stick to reporting the news, not making them up? You're a dirt sheet, not TMZ.

If you really wanted TNA to go away, just have Wrestle Zone, and it's idiot lunkhead IWC posters like you run it. It'll be dead in 1 week.

I just want to address the tiny panic that is happening and will hopefully not spread. Here we have another example of how full of shit WrestleZone is, and how gullible its readers are.

Just as it was with the Austin Aries and Christy Hemme situation, the dirt sheets took something and turned it into the god damned Lewinski Scandal. Mark Madden wrote article after article about it, WrestleZone highlighted it in negative light and spurred a discussion over whether Austin should be fired, TNA be punished, the implications this will have on TNA's relationship with Spike TV and a plethora of other pointless subjects.

All of the doomcrying and all of the predictions put forward by both WrestleZone "staff" and common IWC trash never came to pass. Nothing happened. Aries was put on the back burner for a month until the fuss caused by us died down and everyone forgot about it. Now Aries is back in the mix, he's seemingly in an important storyline and the world moved on.

The result of all of this was a giant win for WrestleZone. They spurred a discussion, they got many clicks, they got tons of posts and threads on the matter and boosted traffic. Good job, WZ and great job IWC trash - you fell for it.

In fact, I think I should bake you a cake because you're falling for it once again. The "TNA is crumbling, people want out" bullshit.

Only ONE person has said that TNA is going under, and everyone else has made fun of him for it.

And if you hate WZ this much, why are you here? If it's a problem, then say to to my friend here. His name if GTFO

You dislike the IWC? You think you're better than the IWC? Well, you've made over 1,000 posts one just this one site. Friend, I've got some bad news news for you about that whole "I'm better than the IWC" mentality.

TNA will survive like it has been doing all these years. All the talents that were released had their pros and cons, but in the end it doesn't mean the company is sinking. I liked Crimson, Ryan, and York, and I'm sure they can go just about anywhere to wrestle. I even expect to see Ryan back in NWA Hollywood in the coming weeks, just like Todd Kennely. The thing I'm wondering is if this is the end of Gut Check for a while. Being that three of the stars released were from Gut Check, and these are cost cutting measures, seems logical to pull the plug on it for the time being. And don't disregard that any of them could come back down the line.

Only ONE person has said that TNA is going under, and everyone else has made fun of him for it.

And if you hate WZ this much, why are you here? If it's a problem, then say to to my friend here. His name if GTFO

You dislike the IWC? You think you're better than the IWC? Well, you've made over 1,000 posts one just this one site. Friend, I've got some bad news news for you about that whole "I'm better than the IWC" mentality.

I thought I was doing the generalizations around here. When I say IWC trash I mean IWC trash, not the IWC in general. Just as it is in any group of people, there are the good ones and the bad ones. I speak of the bad ones. If you got offended by it then I'm guessing you're part of the trashy ones.

And I have a problem with WrestleZone when they pull things like that. They've done it to the WWE, they've done it to TNA, it's just cheap. Does that mean I'll never load this website ever again? Fuck no. Is that what you do in your everyday life? Did you quit school the first time you thought it was boring?

On the people that got released - the only one I'm bummed out about is Joey Ryan (if he's truly released, I don't know what to believe anymore). I really liked the guy but I guess TNA didn't. Why? Beats me. He had a cool look, he was different, he was alright in the ring. I guess really cooky characters like that don't really have a long term future. I couldn't see this guy with a belt around his waist, I'll tell you that.

Crimson is also a loss for TNA I think. Always liked him. Hopefully WWE will snatch him up, he needs a job somewhere and he is really talented. I think WWE can package him right and turn him into something cool.

Other than that, I don't care about the rest. I said it since the first second he was on TV - Christian York was pure shit. All he had is a look and that's lipstick on a pig. He sucks. Madison Rayne was never a knockout I enjoyed. Hell, I don't enjoy any of them aside from ODB so there's no way I'll care about that.

As long as the top guys are still on board, I'm good.

And I have a problem with WrestleZone when they pull things like that. They've done it to the WWE, they've done it to TNA, it's just cheap. Does that mean I'll never load this website ever again? Fuck no. Is that what you do in your everyday life? Did you quit school the first time you thought it was boring?

Bro, this isn't the first thread I've seen you bash the IWC on. Shall I send you links to some of them? Believe me, I have the spare time.

I really don't see what the big deal is or why anyone would be predicting any doom and gloom for TNA as a result of this wave of firings. WWE does this at least once every single year, trimming the fat to get rid of the dead weight, rather than continue to pay people who have no function, no purpose, and likely no future in the organization. WWE has always done this, yet I don't see any apocalyptic posts pertaining to WWE as a result. If TNA actually was in danger due to the loss of Joey freakin' Ryan, they truly would be in trouble. But let's face it, all they have done here is cut a bunch of Gut Check guys who had no business being there in the first place, a pregnant Knockout who in all likelihood will be welcomed back with open arms when/if she's ready to come back, and a young, very green wrestler who I always liked and felt had some promise, but in the grand scheme of things, is no significant loss.

As I see it, if this news hasn't been reported on sites such as this one, I doubt anyone would have even noticed that any of those guys were even gone.

Here, much like in the "Greatest scandal that never lived" case, we have a common issue at hand. A bunch of undercard talent who were rarely used and not seen as commodities for the company were released in order to cut costs and stop paying them for no reason. A perfectly logical move, it happens every day in every single company (not just wrestling). It doesn't mean TNA is broke, it simply means they're managing their finances. WWE has millions to spare and they do it too. Get it right.

This is a practice done by both TNA and WWE on almost a monthly basis. Every now and then we'd get a report about some FCW, OVW and NXT wrestlers being released for whatever reason. Most of the time we either don't know who they were, or they were rarely used thus let go. The company doesn't see potential in them so both parties cut ties and each goes their separate way. The most normal thing in the world.

Now, however, according to WrestleZone, the release of about five individuals who have not been used in a long time means TNA IS GOING DOWN THE FUCKING SHAFT! IT'S HAPPENING, PEOPLE! AFTER ELEVEN YEARS OF STRUGGLING, TNA IS FINALLY GOING TO KICK THE BUCKET! THE SIGNS ARE THERE! CALL A PRIEST, DIG A HOLE, THIS SUCKER IS GOING NIGHT NIGHT! YOU HAD A GOOD RUN, TNA! TIME TO GO!

... are you people out of your minds? Are you insane? Did your mothers piledrive you on your heads when you were little? Did Chris Jericho time travel back in time and Codebreak you when you were playing outside? What damaged you so badly?

We get a common practice framed as the first stage of the TNA apocalypse, since we all know that no company could ever function properly if top shelf talent such as Christian York are no longer a part of it, and everybody is starting to lose their shit.

Then, if the rest of the report wasn't credible enough, WrestleZone's "sources" tell them that a bunch of talent have been paid late and are prepared to pack up their shit and go home. Well, aside from the fact that there is literally no way to prove this, I have a question. Indulge me.

If TNA talent have been wanting out and if TNA talent have been getting paid two months late, why didn't you report this as a separate issue? Think about it, this is kind of a big deal. People want out? People aren't getting paid right? You'd think it'll be awarded its own report, not just thrown in there with the common reports of some nobodies getting the boot.

Doesn't it all seem like a nice fictional touch to the story to just stir that pot a little bit more?

Come on, if anyone seriously thinks TNA is in trouble (even if this crap shoot is true), then you need to check your head. They released a couple of people they never used, how the hell is that a news story?

WrestleZone is getting desperate. You liked your little Austin Aries scandal success a bit too much and you're starting to stir up shit for no reason these days. How about we stick to reporting the news, not making them up? You're a dirt sheet, not TMZ.

You know what always astounded me about the whole Austin Aries/Hemme thing? Mark Madden was the man leading the charge for Aries's head. I don't know if you have ever listened to the Mark Madden radio show, but I live in Pittsburgh so he is where I get my sports reporting basically. The point is he isn't very nice to women. I have actually heard him tell women callers to go back to the kitchen and peel the potatoes and carrots. It was baffling to me that in this one case he was all women's lib. The other funny part was it seemed to be handled by TNA, and nothing was ever said about it again. It was something that I didn't even notice when watching the show. Anyway I get what you are saying about the exaggeration of these things. When I read that people got released it came as no surprise. TNA doesn't seem to be to keen on firing people that often so it actually seemed long overdue. I am curious to see what happens with the alleged payroll issue. That part thrown in at the end does seem a little fishy to me. However if that part does happen to be true I think you are underestimating how big of a deal that could turn out to be. "Months" is a long time to not be getting paid. I still think nothing will come of it. As far as the guys released, I would not have noticed them gone had I not read the report. Like you said, trimming the fat is something that happens in every company everyday.

You know what always astounded me about the whole Austin Aries/Hemme thing? Mark Madden was the man leading the charge for Aries's head. I don't know if you have ever listened to the Mark Madden radio show, but I live in Pittsburgh so he is where I get my sports reporting basically. The point is he isn't very nice to women. I have actually heard him tell women callers to go back to the kitchen and peel the potatoes and carrots. It was baffling to me that in this one case he was all women's lib. The other funny part was it seemed to be handled by TNA, and nothing was ever said about it again. It was something that I didn't even notice when watching the show. Anyway I get what you are saying about the exaggeration of these things. When I read that people got released it came as no surprise. TNA doesn't seem to be to keen on firing people that often so it actually seemed long overdue. I am curious to see what happens with the alleged payroll issue. That part thrown in at the end does seem a little fishy to me. However if that part does happen to be true I think you are underestimating how big of a deal that could turn out to be. "Months" is a long time to not be getting paid. I still think nothing will come of it. As far as the guys released, I would not have noticed them gone had I not read the report. Like you said, trimming the fat is something that happens in every company everyday.

Madden knew exactly what he was doing. I'd be shocked if he actually believed what he wrote. Since when is he a moral crusader for women's rights? Like you said, the guy has spewed some sexist garbage out of that man hole he calls a mouth so it's not like he's the most credible source out there.

And I agree, I didn't see it either when I watched the show. I had to go to YouTube, find a video of some nerd who filmed it with a potato and stop it at the right time because it was literally three seconds long.

As far as the report about people getting paid late, I've seen a couple of them already. I remember there was one involving Ric Flair and the added part was also about other, unnamed talent who are not getting paid on time.

Now, it is indeed a bad thing, but it's not a bad sign. So far, where ever I have worked, there have always been little mishaps and issues that resulted in me getting a delayed payment now and then or something of that nature. Annoyances like that are generally caused by some lazy worker, someone lost a paper or who knows what. It happens. Even if it's as long as two months.

Very few businesses work like clockwork all the freaking time. I've never been a part of one and every single time I get together with friends, if we talk about work, we talk about stupid bullshit just like that.

So, once again, if any of it is true there's no reason to freak out. And to the parrot who keeps quoting my beautiful posts with some shit about only one person freaking out, go to the report, scroll down and read through the comments. There have already been two threads on this topic, WrestleZone has followed up on the original report with a more detailed one (meaning someone lit up a joint and got creative) and they're rolling with it. It ain't a panic yet but I figured I'd cheap shot it if and before it becomes one. Last thing I want is another "TNA is dying" wave of dummies. I already see a couple of outbreak monkeys out there. It only takes so few. Then the other idiots keep piling along and before you know it Hogan's responsible for the Kennedy assassination.

And to the parrot who keeps quoting my beautiful posts with some shit about only one person freaking out, go to the report, scroll down and read through the comments. There have already been two threads on this topic, WrestleZone has followed up on the original report with a more detailed one (meaning someone lit up a joint and got creative) and they're rolling with it. It ain't a panic yet but I figured I'd cheap shot it if and before it becomes one. Last thing I want is another "TNA is dying" wave of dummies.

1) I only quoted your post ONCE....well technically twice now.

2) There is ONLY one person on this thread who was freaking out. I don't know about the other threads, as I am sure there are many.

3) Your freak-out about the freak-out was a bigger freak-out.

4) I'd rather be a parrot than the self-loathing Uncle Ruckus of the IWC.

I was legitimately surprised about Crimson. I thought he really had the look and with a mouthpiece he would be fine. I did not expect him to get axed.

The rest don't really surprise me. Nothing worth losing sleep over.

You're an idiot if you want to get rid of the most recognizable face in pro wrestling.
But what exactly has that done for TNA? He doesn't help with the ratings and outside TNA he is always in business for himself. You NEVER keep someone around because of what they once were. Hogan just doesn't do much for TNA. That is money better spent elsewhere.

But what exactly has that done for TNA? He doesn't help with the ratings and outside TNA he is always in business for himself. You NEVER keep someone around because of what they once were. Hogan just doesn't do much for TNA. That is money better spent elsewhere.

Think about it from different angles. If you're talking about TNA to someone who's not too versed in wrestling who'd be the first name on the roster, they'd recognize? Hulk Hogan.

If TNA were to get any form of media coverage, due to what name would it most likely be from? Hulk Hogan.

Who's more likely to get a guest spot in a radio or TV show in TNA right now? Hulk Hogan.

He's name value. Big name value. He's chosen to work for them and they've chosen to stay with him. People still cheer for him and recognize him, so just what's to gain from cutting him? The roster is still bloated. Guys like Devon are the one's that need to go. People who are unproductive on every possible front. Devon fits that bill.

I won't miss any of these talents that TNA has released. The only halfway dim light in that darkness was Joey Ryan, but he just never translated well to the TNA environment. Crimson is too green and too uncharismatic and was jammed down our throats far too soon. York was too old and too slow to function in TNA's new version of the X-Division; I mean, just go back and look at his matches to see just how bad he was compared to the other guys. And Hendrix just never mattered, at all.

TNA's just trimming the fat and getting rid of some deadweight. And while, yes, there are others more deserving of being released — primarily anyone in Aces & Eights that isn't Bully Ray or Mr. Anderson — it's still good to cut some weight that isn't important for your promotion and who are easily replaceable with another wrestler that you can get for a lower cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back