TNA Contenders Vote

jared96

3 years ago tna came up with a poll where we could vote the number 1 contender. took it off two months later. should tna bring this back.
tna has reached more people's fav wrestling show in last 6 months than ever before. i feel this is what tna needs after destanantion x bobby roode reatins.
and then this stars up. if tna did bring this back who would be top 5 contenders.
my top 5
Bully Ray
Austin Aries
Pope
Chris Sabin "Injured Though"
Aj Styles

Jeff Hardy - Most over wrestler in the company. He doesn't necessarily have to be in the main event picture but voting contests like this, he has to be a necessity.

Bully Ray - Best heel in the business, enough said.

Austin Aries - The biggest mover in the roster lately. The guy is gold and would gather quite a few votes.

AJ Styles - Massive fan following.

James Storm - Obvious choice.

All this means nothing though, as it wouldnt happen til the BFG series is over and it probably wont be used again after the landslide win for Desmonde Wolfe the last time they did this. They basically buried him and made the fans not give a shit after that.

5. Aj styles- He is the face of the company but with his current storyline with dixie carter he probably won't get a title shot.

4. Jeff hardy- He sell the most merchandise in the company and is very over with the crowd.

3. Austin Aries- Maybe the best all around wrestler in the buisness right now.

2. Bully Ray- The best heel in wrestling. Plain and Simple.

1. James Storm- Very obvious right here.

Abyss- I think an abyss vs Roode would be classic.

Aries

James Storm-Probably will be top baby face if not already.

Bully Ray - 2nd best heel in TNA next to Roode but a feud between them does not seem interesting at the moment.

Crimson/Magnus-Would just love to see these guys evolve.

I read your post and it sounds like a good idea, but also a thing they could do is have to top 2 most voted face each other in a number 1 contenders match.

5. James Storm
4. AJ Styles
3. Bully Ray
2. Jeff Hardy
1. Austin Aries
I agree, this would be great to have the top two voted to have a number 1 contender match!
5.Jeff Hardy
4.Abyss
3.Bully Ray
2.Magnus (would love to see him get a title shot; I also remember when he came over here to Blackpool, England and did a show. he gave my brother a right mouthful of abuse and I've respected Magnus ever since!)
1.James Storm.

I would rather they didn't do this for the world title, at least not a regular basis. Because people may keep for voting for guys like Hardy and whatnot, and also it's possible they would give away a potential PPV match on free TV (not that I'd complain of course lol)

But I'd like it fi they did it for the TV title again so it can become "The People's Choice" belt haha and so we can vote for who we want to see on TV, it is the TV title after all!

This seems ideal for the TV title for me. You shouldn't be able to get a shot at the World title just because the fans voted for you, this isn't American Idol. I realize that in many ways people are actually given title shots because they are popular, but I think it devalues the status of the World title to be able to have a shot at it simply because "America voted".

Now the TV title, it's regaining its worth from the Legends Title/Global Title/whatever, but the simple fact is that it will never and should never be as prestigious as a World Title, that's a belt where you can do something like this. The TV title should be a fun title, it's out there every week, all sorts of names getting a shot at it, so a fan vote works just fine since Devon's opponents really do nothing to earn shots at him anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back