TNA all out war? (spoiler warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie Lips

Occasional Pre-Show
With the creation of the World Elite stable, and the presence of the MEM, that leaves about 12-13 heels in two separate stables. However, as the past few Impact! tapings show, there have been matches between those feuding with the MEM and the World Elite mixed together. People like Team 3D are feuding with both, and in the most recent taping Sting faces defeated Brutus Magnus (Sting who is feuding with the MEM not the World Elite). This led to the entire World Elite to come out and beat down on Sting. This led to Foley and Lashley coming down for the save, also opponents of the MEM, which finally caused the MEM to come down and start a beatdown, which didn't end until Hernandez came down to the ring with a giant chain. In another Impact! taping a brawl broke out featuring The British Invasion, Kiyoshi, Bashir, Eric Young, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Samoa Joe, Tazz, Scott Steiner, Booker T vs. Mick Foley, Sting, Lashley, Daniels, Motor City Machine Guns, Team 3D, and Beer Money, which is basically everybody on the roster except Styles and Morgan who had a match earlier, and Abyss. Is TNA heading towards a total allout face vs. heels war based on this information? I think so, because why else would they have two large heel stables, and why mix wrestlers into different feuds featuring wrestlers from both stables? TNA is going to become a warzone!!!!

I know and I'm loving it. I've always liked stables in wrestling and TNA is actually doing it the righ way. The Legacy could have/should have been a lot better than it is. But the WWE always screws up. TNA with The World Elite and the M.E.M. is awesome.

I know and I'm loving it. I've always liked stables in wrestling and TNA is actually doing it the righ way. The Legacy could have/should have been a lot better than it is. But the WWE always screws up. TNA with The World Elite and the M.E.M. is awesome.

No. WWE tries to do the correct thing by having stables with a smaller number of members. E.g New Hart Foundation/Legacy. All great Stables have relatively small rosters. Four Horsemen, Evolution, Original NWO.

TNA have created a giant clusterfuck in which EVERY wrestler they have besides maybe MCMG who are abstaining are involved in. They have nearly no programs outside of this one encompassing feud. Its ridiculous, I've lost ocunt how many people are in the Wrold Elite and MEM. Addding that onto the "Originals" faction, which is ridiculous, having TWO heel stables, and you havea royal fuck up.

WHY CAN'T THEY ALL JUST GET ALONG!

No. WWE tries to do the correct thing by having stables with a smaller number of members. E.g New Hart Foundation/Legacy. All great Stables have relatively small rosters. Four Horsemen, Evolution, Original NWO.

TNA have created a giant clusterfuck in which EVERY wrestler they have besides maybe MCMG who are abstaining are involved in. They have nearly no programs outside of this one encompassing feud. Its ridiculous, I've lost ocunt how many people are in the Wrold Elite and MEM. Addding that onto the "Originals" faction, which is ridiculous, having TWO heel stables, and you havea royal fuck up.

Considering two of the best stables in WWE's history were The Corporation and DX (The HHH-led DX) both of which consisted of a large group of members I'll have to disagree. And what's wrong with having two heel stables? One's main event and one's midcard. It works out fine. And I can't help but wonder how you think Legacy is a good stable. Yes a stable like say "The Dungeon of Doom" had far too many members, but grouping the midcard heels and giving them an anti-american gimmick is useful because it puts emphasis back on TNA's midcard stars many of whom were lost in the shuffle due to the MEM storyline.

I think it is great and will most likely culminate at Bound for Glory. I am fairly certain that the MEM will end at Bound for Glory. The World Elite will most likely be around until about half way through next year unless Eric Young sustains some sort of injury. Otherwise they are playing the stable angle out perfectly. It is just classic Faces vs Heels. Who can't dig that?

well im a huge wwe fan and i like tna as well and i would have to say a great stable or group as only as good as the story allows it to be with its exceptions but i think the wwe needs to take notes cause yes they have way better stars and production value but i think right now tna has better stories cause they are not anything new but fresh and i like how u never really know whats going on in tna it keeps it interesting where as wwe has hhh vs orton 5001 orton retains title trips says i want the gold he wins the next ppv on and on too repetitive i would love to see a m.e.m. in wwe

Considering two of the best stables in WWE's history were The Corporation and DX (The HHH-led DX) both of which consisted of a large group of members I'll have to disagree

The HHH led D-X had 5 members. The MEM now has 10. TEN! And yes, The Corporation were a large cluster-swear word. But people left the Corporation. Only Sting left has left. Only to be replaced by Matt Morgan, Taz and Samoa Joe. And Traci Brooks.

It works out fine. And I can't help but wonder how you think Legacy is a good stable.
I dont. I said WWE have tried to do the right thing by limiting numbers. I didnt say that necessarily made a good stable. But at least I know who is in Legacy. I swear I thought Jenna Morasca and Sharmell had a "Loser Leaves MEM match". Apparently not.

Yes a stable like say "The Dungeon of Doom" had far too many members, but grouping the midcard heels and giving them an anti-american gimmick is useful because it puts emphasis back on TNA's midcard stars many of whom were lost in the shuffle due to the MEM storyline.
But will it really? Because you know, its basically the older, main event stars that are holding all the titles in TNA right now. Unless you count the X division title. Which TNA obviously don't.

And who are supposed to oppose them. All the faces on the roster are fighting off the MEM. TNA doesn't have enough talent on the roster to form a "pro USA" contigent, so why did they need to build up a World Elite stable? Just for shits and gigs?

And what's wrong with having two heel stables? One's main event and one's midcard.
Oh I don't know. Maybe because they're feuding and having 20 man brawls in the ring. So thats TNA's game plan for not enough stables. Heels vs Heels.

I hope this idea does work, and that it turns out to be an awesome stable war that rages on for months resulting is some great matches. But I can't hope for that. I dun't have teh faith!!1!!

OK Tna Product is so bad right now i dont bother 2 watch anymore. They need to push The talent I love Kurt & sting but we need to see fallen angel or Joe or even Homicide when the world Title The mem was good into they let Joe & Morgan in i mean y for weeks joe was taking out the mem one by one then out of the blue he joins it makes no sense at all well nothing Vince russo does makes since.And this whole Faction thing is gettin out of hand the last they were this many people in a faction a company went out of business Tna needs to go back to being kinda of a ROH Promotion let the guys wrestle and call it a day and fire vince russo cause he sucks Big Time

The HHH led D-X had 5 members. The MEM now has 10. TEN! And yes, The Corporation were a large cluster-swear word. But people left the Corporation. Only Sting left has left. Only to be replaced by Matt Morgan, Taz and Samoa Joe. And Traci Brooks.

Matt Morgan has never been a part of the MEM, he has been trying to become part of it. Taz is not part of the MEM either he is simply Joe's mentor. So no there is not 10 members. I would not include any of the women besides Traci as they do not wrestle. So lets add up the tally of Wrestlers in the faction shall we?
Kurt Angle
Kevin Nash
Booker T
Scott Steiner
Samoa Joe
Traci Brooks.
6 Wrestlers. Yes your statement of cluster-fuck is now worthless.

I dont. I said WWE have tried to do the right thing by limiting numbers. I didnt say that necessarily made a good stable. But at least I know who is in Legacy. I swear I thought Jenna Morasca and Sharmell had a "Loser Leaves MEM match". Apparently not.

Yeah but do any of the members of Legacy even matter beside Orton? Nope, they are simply his bumbling henchmen who would look more at home in an episode of Scooby Doo than in a wrestling ring. Legacy are rubbish, accept it.

]But will it really? Because you know, its basically the older, main event stars that are holding all the titles in TNA right now. Unless you count the X division title. Which TNA obviously don't.

And who do you think is going eventually get the younger guys over? The older guys. I dont think AJ Styles letting Daniels go over him clean for the belt would get either of them over. But have one of them go over an older established star then they look like gold. Its the way of the business.

And who are supposed to oppose them. All the faces on the roster are fighting off the MEM. TNA doesn't have enough talent on the roster to form a "pro USA" contigent, so why did they need to build up a World Elite stable? Just for shits and gigs?

You fail to understand that the story of the World Elite is not USA vs Foreigners. It is about a group of foreign heels joining together to win championships, you know the point of wrestling, to win titles and be the best. Why do you assume because they are a stable of all foreigners that they can only work a Foreigner vs USA angle?

Plan your posts more carefully before embarrassing yourself.

Matt Morgan has never been a part of the MEM, he has been trying to become part of it.

He rolls with them. He beats people up with them. He may as well be with them.

Taz is not part of the MEM either he is simply Joe's mentor
And Samoa Joe is part of the Main Event Mafia. He joins by association. Otherwise why would Sharmell be in there? She's never been Women's Champion. Does Miss Black America count?

It's a moot point. Wikipedia states the members of the MEM are:

So there! :p

So no there is not 10 members. I would not include any of the women besides Traci as they do not wrestle.
Victory Road begs to differ. Was I watching Jenna Morasca vs Sharmell or Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit, Royal Rumble 2003? I couldn't tell the difference! :shrug:

So lets add up the tally of Wrestlers in the faction shall we?
Kurt Angle
Kevin Nash
Booker T
Scott Steiner
Samoa Joe
Traci Brooks.
6 Wrestlers. Yes your statement of cluster-fuck is now worthless.
I wouldnt say worthless. Even with your insane notion that there are only "6" members in the MEM, ridiculous because managers do count, then there are at least 4 other "supporters" of the MEM. So pretty much, you have 6 + 4 = 10. Cluster-Swearjar

Yeah but do any of the members of Legacy even matter beside Orton? Nope, they are simply his bumbling henchmen who would look more at home in an episode of Scooby Doo than in a wrestling ring. Legacy are rubbish, accept it.
You think Shaggy ever got with Velma? And I never said Legacy were good. I never said they were even adequate.

And who do you think is going eventually get the younger guys over? The older guys.
Well gee Panic, that is a funny little 'un isnt it? Because who has been headlining the last year in TNA PPV's? The old guys right? Any day now...

I dont think AJ Styles letting Daniels go over him clean for the belt would get either of them over. But have one of them go over an older established star then they look like gold. Its the way of the business.
So to make the CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy feud work, Hulk Hogan would have to come out and suck a GTS to the face to "get over"? Ridiculous. Good performers like AJ could get over regardless, as seen in Exhibit A (TNA for most of 2009), where AJ has been getting his ass handed to him by the MEM and still getting crazy mad props.

You fail to understand that the story of the World Elite is not USA vs Foreigners. It is about a group of foreign heels joining together to win championships, you know the point of wrestling, to win titles and be the best. Why do you assume because they are a stable of all foreigners that they can only work a Foreigner vs USA angle?
Because people will still chant "USA! USA!" when they have matches. Because the Foreigner vs USA angle has worked in wrestling since Ivan Koloff beat Bruno Sammartino. Because if TNA were smart, they would have built a USA stable. Because if TNA were intelligent, they wouldnt have had TWO faction feuds on the same 2 hour show in the same little company. With like the whole roster.

Plan your posts more carefully before embarrassing yourself.
Embarrassing myself? Oh yes, because I'm applying for poet laureate when I post on Wrestlezone.

sounds like yet again tna doesnt have a clue
they are just trying to do a rip off of wcw's NWO just like they rip off everything else.
will they never learn that copying other peoples stuff wont get them nowhere

Is TNA Trying to copy WCW i mean MEM resembles NWO and rite now its MEM VS TNA MUCH like NWO VS WCW but the thing is WCW had other talent TNA is pretty much putting there best guys in MEM and leaving wat AJ Styles and Daniels out those two guys are the only two talented superstars in TNA tat arent in MEM besides or in a Tag Team

Too many Stables?!?!?! Crap! Sounds like early Vince Russo when he was in the WWE, DX vs. the nation, and Vince's Stable vs. Stone Cold and whatever buddies he could get. Only problem with TNA and why they aren't reaching that amazing WWE ratings they had is because well, like everyone said, it's a giant clusterhump. No real hero is TNA either. You have Jeff Jarrett who is in charge of booking, yet he is wrestling in the main event for TNA over and over. Maybe do what Vince does and not have wrestlers do their own booking. TNA is at their highest peak, and should go under within a five year period. So much for them beating the smackdown ratings, which won't happen, because it's ran by all of these old time guys that didn't work too well with vince... Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and Kevin Nash. This giant cluster of what is TNA right now. It's alright, but nothing great. WAR zone was a raw thing, not a TNA thing. Nothing is better then One on One fueds that need a main event or a couple of PPVs to finish off. Great fueds like Bret Hart vs. HBk. Triple H vs. the Rock. the Rock vs. Hogan. Stone Cold vs. The Undertaker. Sting vs. Flair. Hogan vs. Andre. Foley vs. The Undertaker. Ricky The Steam Boat vs. Flair. Angle vs. Lenser. Main thing i'm getting at, is if everyone is in a stable like they are in TNA, the storyline never moves forward. Especially when the stables don't get the crowd going, that's what I loved the NWO angle, because both had fans! The main event mafia has no fan base. Even the nation had a huge fan following. Overall, TNA will be a WWE product in a few years, and Vince Russo will run UFC.

The smaller stables suck. The nWo, DX, Corporation, Corporate Ministry, etc., etc. were the best. The Legacy sucks. If you're going to have a dominated heel stable then you have one with at least 5 or 6 members and you have them actually go out and dominate and not have them get their ass kicked by one person (especially Shane McMahon).

The M.E.M. and The World Elite > The Legacy.

Kurt Angle (leader)
Booker T
Kevin Nash
Scott Steiner
Samoa Joe
Traci Brooks
Taz
Sharmell (valet)
Jenna Morasca (valet)

The only real wrestlers from that group are Angle, Nash, Booker, Steiner and Joe so 5. The rest are valets and managers.

Now with TNA, they have the best writer of them all. His name is Vince Russo and has no problem injecting his cancer into a still young company. Horrible gimmick matches and over-flowing stables are his specialty. It's sad how the exact same ingredients that killed WCW is being used on TNA. People say Dixie Carter is a good boss. I say hell no. How can she have someone kill their company slowly. TNA has such great talent. Yet, they stick with the old WWE wrestlers to run the show and form a stable that features them; no doesn't that remind you of an over-used stable in WCW eh?

Oh please Vince Russo gets blamed for way too much. If you really think he's the reason WCW went out of business, you're an idiot.

Give me Vince Russo over pretty much anyone besides maybe Paul Heyman. Vince Russo > Brian Gewirtz and Stephanie McMahon.

You forgot The Instant Classic Christian Cage was forced to join after he lost to Booker T. last year and was given the proper sendoff tp the Great White North. Plus Kip James was a honorary member at Genesis last year so there has been a totally of 3 people who left THE Mafia so far. Look it up. Plus everybody but Sheik Abdul Bashir in the Worlds Elite are foreigners. Sheik is from Minnesota. 1997-2002 were the years that almost everybody in WWF/WCW/ECW were a part of a stable http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Professional_wrestling_teams_and_stables for a complete list of every stable in wrestlin there was.

Too many Stables?!?!?! Crap! Sounds like early Vince Russo when he was in the WWE, DX vs. the nation, and Vince's Stable vs. Stone Cold and whatever buddies he could get. Only problem with TNA and why they aren't reaching that amazing WWE ratings they had is because well, like everyone said, it's a giant clusterhump. No real hero is TNA either. You have Jeff Jarrett who is in charge of booking, yet he is wrestling in the main event for TNA over and over. Maybe do what Vince does and not have wrestlers do their own booking. TNA is at their highest peak, and should go under within a five year period. So much for them beating the smackdown ratings, which won't happen, because it's ran by all of these old time guys that didn't work too well with vince... Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and Kevin Nash. This giant cluster of what is TNA right now. It's alright, but nothing great. WAR zone was a raw thing, not a TNA thing. Nothing is better then One on One fueds that need a main event or a couple of PPVs to finish off. Great fueds like Bret Hart vs. HBk. Triple H vs. the Rock. the Rock vs. Hogan. Stone Cold vs. The Undertaker. Sting vs. Flair. Hogan vs. Andre. Foley vs. The Undertaker. Ricky The Steam Boat vs. Flair. Angle vs. Lenser. Main thing i'm getting at, is if everyone is in a stable like they are in TNA, the storyline never moves forward. Especially when the stables don't get the crowd going, that's what I loved the NWO angle, because both had fans! The main event mafia has no fan base. Even the nation had a huge fan following. Overall, TNA will be a WWE product in a few years, and Vince Russo will run UFC.

Vince Russo will run UFC?!?!?!?! Are you f*#@ing kidding me? Seriously! The UFC is a real sport's organization, not make believe. You can get into semantics all you want about how wrestling is a sport, I believe it is with some of greatest athletes in the world. The UFC is about who is truly the best fighter and proving it in the octagon, it's not scripted based upon what's going to make fans happy and what's going to sell the most merchandise. I can appreciate some of things you were saying about wrestling but that is a dumb comment. Russo, nor anyone else in TNA is not going to have anything to do with the UFC because a REAL SPORTS organization.

The only people who may have something to do with the UFC by then are Bobby Lashley and possibly Kurt Angle.......although as great a wrestler (professionally and amateur) as Angle is I think he would get eaten alive in the UFC. He is too old to start an MMA career now and he would be one dimensional. You can say the same about Lashley and Lesnar being one dimensional but if you watch their fights they use their wrestling and rediculous size to just lay on dudes and pound them into submission. Angle does not have the size to do this in any weight class. Plus his striking would be shit compared to his competition. If you are just a wrestler and nothing else you get owed in MMA.

Sorry I'm not trying to out and out bash you and go off on a tangent but I hate when people even breathe wrestling in the same sentence as MMA. I love both but I like wrestling for the entertainment value. I like MMA for a true sports experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back