TLC PPV - Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Just announced on Raw by Mark Cuban, Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston will be squaring off in another encounter.

Kofi Kingston has really been on a roll as of late, and this program with Orton has really elevated Kingston's career in the WWE.

Do you forsee WWE allowing Kingston to get a big PPV win against one of their top heels, or is his push going to be kept in check with an Orton victory?

Im really wondering what kind of match kofi vs randy is going to be.I hope since it's the rubber match it's a 2 out of 3 falls match.Or maybe a hardcore match but knowing wwe it's just a regular match.Surprised it was announced this close towards the ppv though.I wish the brand extension was done so we could stop rushing matches and have some build.

Kofi has a huge build up coming in to this match. He's been pinned once via RKO after a beatdown courtesy of Legacy. Orton's been pinned once courtesy Trouble in Paradise @ Survivor Series. Kofi's been on a huge run. That said, Sheamus appears to be the go to guy right now for WWE as far as the upper echelon midcard push department goes. I expect to see Kofi's push reigned in a bit with a clean loss to Orton. However, the two should continue to go at each other into Royal Rumble...possibly starting the Rumble itself with Orton/Kingston...

Either way, I think Orton gets the win here, because WWE has a history of putting over the bigger guy for the company as opposed to up and comers...see Legacy vs DX. Will it come to pass as I forsee. Probably not. But that's why I'm a fan, and not on the WWE payroll...

I'm really looking forward to this match and I don't see Kofi losing clean. I actually think he wins the match due to interference from Legacy. Legacy don't cost Orton the match on purpose, but it nevertheless leads to the long awaited Dibiase baby turn and Orton/Teddy at Mania. Either way Kofi gets the win riding huge momentum into the Rumble.

I had an idea that this should be a ladder match and on the line was the number 30 entry into the rumble to the winner while the loser would be forced to enter number one. If I were booking, Orton would win the match thanks to Legacy interference meaning Kofi would have to enter at number one, but I'd still book him to win the Rumble. Number one entries winning the Rumble is always a huge push and if they're serious about Kofi it would be a helluva way to see to it he shoots to the top.

This match is going to be AWESOME! Their matches on Raw have been good enough but now its a PPV they will go all out.

They should make this some type of no DQ match so that some spots are involved but either way its going to be an exciting match.

Whatever happens in this match, the WWE NEEDS to carry this rivalry through to the Rumble. Once it makes Royal Rumble, it's almost a lock (knock on wood) that the rivalry will continue through to Mania, especially if it's a rivalry that has existed for a while prior to the RR. Enter both Orton and Kofi into the Royal Rumble and have them mostly go at each other during the match.

I had an idea that this should be a ladder match and on the line was the number 30 entry into the rumble to the winner while the loser would be forced to enter number one. If I were booking, Orton would win the match thanks to Legacy interference meaning Kofi would have to enter at number one, but I'd still book him to win the Rumble. Number one entries winning the Rumble is always a huge push and if they're serious about Kofi it would be a helluva way to see to it he shoots to the top.

This is a creative way to spice things up, but there remains one problem: Following a Kofi win at the Rumble, it would become imperative that Orton pick up a title (doesn't matter which, but one of the top two) to get a proper finish to the feud at Wrestlemania. Which leads to Orton's only chance at getting the title without shoving a third person into the mix is in the Elimination Chamber. Where does that leave the former champion (we'll say it was Cena)? If he was in a feud over the title, once that title is lost, WWE would need to find a way to somehow transition Cena's feud to one that would be deeply personal. And think about it: Orton/Kofi with the title would take higher precedence on the card than Cena/???, which diminishes the importance of arguably the company's biggest star.

No i Think Randy will find a way to overcome a win on Kofi because I see the win will be as the result of help from Legacy. Then it will fire up the fued even more, making Kofi vs Randy fued hotter. Randy will win then find some way to get a title shot the next week on Raw. But Kofi will interupt the title match and they will say something like 'NEXT WEEK ON RAW KOFI VS RANDY' in whatever stipulated match will probably be a no DQ or something along those lines.

I'm anxious to see how this match is going to play out. Kofi has been getting a huge push for most of this year, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down now. Orton winning may mean he will get back in the WWE championship picture some time soon, but if Kofi wins, where will he go from there? With Wrestlemania season upon us, I don't see WWE putting him into any major storylines, so I think he might stay at the top of the mid-card.

It will be very interesting to see how creative takes this one, i mean we all know that this won't be a cleanly won match whether orton or kingston wins. I mean come on Kingston wins cleanly against the guy who has held the championship for the majority of 09?? Not likely in my opinion, but giving orton a clean win would almost immediately crush kingston's push.

Then you have to take into effect that the rumble is coming up which i see them fueding till, as well as the second Shaemus-Cena match. And where creative decides to go from there you never know, wwe has become a little less predictible in the past months.

This feud is quickly becoming one of my favourite feuds of the last couple of months. I think it is so fresh and exciting. Kofi has really been on fire recently and has impressed me a tremendous amount since going over Randy Orton in Madison Square Garden. They have really booked this feud well and I think it is now showing. The feud does not feel rushed or forced and I really think that Kofi deserves to be competing with Orton. Generally, I am never too happy when someone is given a huge push and attempts to compete with the main event talent but this seems different. It happened with The Miz, who was destroyed by Cena. It looks sure to happen to Sheamus too, who will be destroyed by Cena. However, as I say, this seems different.

I personally think that Orton will come out on top and this will mark the end of the feud but you never know. Kofi could win it and I would be happy indeed. This will definitely be a very good match and an exciting one to boot.

This feud has been getting better every week and I think that this match has potential to be the match of the night, although there are a couple of others that look good too. Orton doesn't need the win as much as Kofi does because he is already an established main eventer. I think that Kofi will get the win here because he is in the middle of such a big push towards possibly becoming a main eventer.

DAGGER DIAS PREDICTION
Kofi Kingston will defeat Randy Orton.

YES.
This match is the one I'm most looking forward to on the card. I absolutely love this feud, and to see it on a PPV is just awesome. I hope Kofi either wins, or puts up a great fight. I really think this match and feud could propel him to superstardom. I can't wait.

I wish they'd stick a gimmick of some kind with this match. A ladder or tables would put this match over the top. This rivalry has seen it's conclusion at TLC though and that's a shame. It basically will set up these two to meet in the Rumble and set up a showdown between them to go to Wrestlemania. I expect a lot of great wrestling here and hopefully, Orton doesn't do a squash job on him. I don't expect that, but the WWE might think they need to make Orton meaner. They don't. They need Kofi to be stronger and be a credible opponent for a main event in the future. Expect Kofi to be in Money in the Bank also.

I say Orton gets a cheap win here.

I really look forward to this match. They have been making this fued really interesting to say the least. I have enjoyed all of there matches till now and I just can;t wait for this one.

Now Randy Orton doesnt need a win. But since he lost last time I have a feeling that he might win this time.
Kofi needs more of a win here if they want to coninue his push into a believable main eventer. But in the end I still feel that he has gotton a pretty darn good push towards the main event area and feel that he doesn't need this win as much as the last few.
As long as the match makes Kofi looks like a believable competitor and they have a darn good match. It would not matter who won.

Prediction would be Randy Otron

Another match I'm looking forward to. This has been one of, if not the best feud on Raw this year.

I'm surprised there's no gimmick for this match; a chairs match seems perfect for this. Still, it should be a great match and I predict Orton to get the cheap win. Afterwards, he'll probably brutalize Kofi to give him a reason to keep going after Randy and extending the feud; at least that's what I'm hoping for.

So yeah, Orton FTW

I have to agree with what Nick Pagliano said on the main page in his predictions. This feud has been great, and has the potential to last up until and even past the Royal Rumble. I expect this to be a great match with both men giving it their all. Either Kofi wins by DQ or Orton wins dirty so this feud, which I consider to be the best thing going on Raw right now, to continue into 2010.

I'm really looking forward to this match. This feud has been executed really well by the WWE so far.

Kofi's assault where he put orton through the announcers table was pure bad ass, as was Orton's retaliation with that devestating DDT recently!

I think Orton will get the win tonight - cleanly - just to re-establish his power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back