Time Capsule: 1993

TUFFY54

Getting Noticed By Management
Well I decided to do another one of these. This time were going to jump ahead a few years to 1993.

1993:
WWF: In 1993 the WWF was all about two guys, Lex Lugar and Yokozuna. They feuded over the world title for the entire second half of the year and main evented two PPV's.

WCW: Sting and Vader dominated WCW television in 1993. They feuded throughout the year in almost every type of match WCW had. This was also the feud that made Vader a main event superstar in America.

So what would happen if the best of WCW and WWF mixed it up in 93? Lets find out:

Texas Tornado Tag Match
WWF: Lex Luger and Yokozuna

vs.

WCW: Sting and Vader

This would be a great match, but I think the clear winner would be WCW. Sting easily gets the win over Luger, and Vader would take out Yoko. Yoko from 93 was in the best shape of his career and one of the best big men in wrestling. However, he simply couldn't match Vaders endurance. If this match went over 15 minutes, Yoko would be completely done.

Winner: WCW

I'm open for questions, comments, and complaints?

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and pick WWF. I think you forget that WWF at the time was majorly playing up the whole deadly elbow gimmick with Luger at the time. I think Luger would catch Sting with the elbow and take him out. If I was booking that match, that's the way I'd go with those two since it would re-enforce Luger's elbow gimmick and protect Sting.

As far as Vader and Yokozuna, I would have to go with the man from Samoa who posed as a man from Japan. I don't know if Vader would be able to manhandle Yokozuna with his typical offense. I'm more than willing to bet that Yokozuna would use all of his girth (and some assistance from Mr. Fuji and his American Spokesperson James E. Cornette) to take out both Vader and Race at ringside. Banzai Drop on Vader, and you have your winner. You are right that Yoko probably couldn't make it past 15 minutes with Vader. Then again, would the match get that far? (In reality, this is sad since we never got a Vader vs. Yoko match in their prime which you could definitely argue was in 1993 for both. What a marquee match this would have been on its own.)

I would have to think that Yokozuna and Lex Luger would defeat Sting and Vader because at that time Yokozuna was the monster heel that had basically destroyed the entire competition until Luger came along.

As for Sting and Vader, while Sting may have been better ring wise than Luger, Luger's power advantage would come into play and Vader could hold his own against Yokozuna, but as DiscipleofWrestling said, he had Mr. Fuji and James E. Cornette at ringside to help out.

In all, it would probably end up that Sting would put Yokozuna in the Scorpion Deathlock but only to lose with a distraction from Mr. Fuji on Cornette forcing Sting to release the hold to meet his imminent doom.

Great posts guys. However, I think your both missing something. If managers are going to come into play, Vader had Harley Race. One of the toughest and most dangerous wrestlers of all time was guiding him. I would deffinatly pick Harley to have my back over Fuji and Cornette. Anyway, it would sure be a great match.

In my mind the winner of this dream match would have been sting. The reason i say this is because sting not only could out wrestle the other three guys but he the most stamina of the three. sting in his prime was far better than the other three. yea lex had the power game but so did sting. yoko wouldnt have standed a chance because vader would have worn his ass out in about five minutes. vader wouldnt have won because he would have been outside the ring beating down on yoko. Just to correct discipleofwrestling the lex luger gimick in 93 was not the deadly elbow it was a steel plate in the right forearm that lex had got after a motorcycle accident.

This would be a great match, but I think the clear winner would be WCW. Sting easily gets the win over Luger, and Vader would take out Yoko. Yoko from 93 was in the best shape of his career and one of the best big men in wrestling. However, he simply couldn't match Vaders endurance. If this match went over 15 minutes, Yoko would be completely done.

Winner: WCW

Perfectly put, Yoko would not be able to last with Vader if the match went on a while, which a match of this calibre would.

Luger, as good as he was, never won the big one in the WWE, so I am giving this one to The Stinger. A Scorpian Death Drop on the concrete outside the ring to take out Lex, then a double team move to take down the fat man. Finally, a Vader Sault to get the 3 count.

It has to be WCW in this one, really good series of threads too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back