This is Awesome! This is Awesome!

CCIV

When is the last time you were this excited, confused, interested, intrigued, clueless, etc etc etc about the wresting industry!?!?!!!

Regardless of whether the WWE turns out to be brilliant all along or fixes their mistakes going forward or doesn't do anything with Daniel Bryan you gotta admit its intriguing as hell!

On top of that we have
The Network,
Undertaker,
Hogan,
Warrior,
Sting,
Mania
and who knows what else.

You know what I'm interested in? Train wrecks. I see them, and I just can't turn my head away. For whatever reason, it's also really fun to watch people continually shoot themselves in the foot. That's one reason I'm watching right now. I'm curious to see how many times the WWE can swing and miss at a ball set up on a tee.

I'm also interested to see the live crowd tonight. I'm curious to see how some of the superstars react when the chant for Daniel Bryan is so deafening that their words aren't even audible.

But here's the problem. I don't believe there's one intentional aspect of the show that I find entertaining.

I understand why you say awesome...
1) Sting's TNA contract is either over or 'over', the WWE rumours are banging about again and a year in the WWE culminating in the HoF at WMXXXI would be awesome.
2) The end of the Rumble was NOT what 'we' wanted but you can bet your candy ass we're all gonna be on tenterhooks for RAW tonight.
3) It's the road to Wrestlemania, no matches are announced and we don't know who's gonna face off against who, we have to sit back and hope the matches we get are the ones we all want so dearly.
4) The Shield... will they split by WM or will they make it a slow burn with a payoff at SummerSlam, REALLY build it up.
5) Daniel Bryan, will there be a payoff tonight? Will we have to wait until the 'Chamber and will he get the WrestleMania moment? The E are not giving us what we want, will they give us D-Bry, titles and Yes chants or will they drag it out until our appetite fades..
6) Elimination Chamber is in a few short weeks, we don't know who'll face off but it's sure as he'll on the Raw afterwards the WM picture, and the shape of the rest of 2014 will start to come together.

Is it awesome? Maybe too early to tell, but the picture is less certain, less obvious than last year. Let's hope it pays off.

It would be sweet if we are presented with a sold out arena chanting Daniel Bryan! Daniel Bryan! As the announcers don't say a word. No pyro goes off. The cameras just pan the audience and the crowd chants whatever they want for 10 straight minutes. That would be epic and hopefully the WWE has the balls to do it. Talk about a visual and social media attention getting moment it could be.

I'm curious to see how some of the superstars react when the chant for Daniel Bryan is so deafening that their words aren't even audible.

But don't you think that the fan's are being "disrespectful" to these guys who are "putting their lives on the line"? Don't you know that wrestling fans should just sit there like they're at a broadway show and just watch? Don't you know they should be honored to be there and just go with the flow???

When is the last time you were this excited, confused, interested, intrigued, clueless, etc etc etc about the wresting industry!?!?!!!

Regardless of whether the WWE turns out to be brilliant all along or fixes their mistakes going forward or doesn't do anything with Daniel Bryan you gotta admit its intriguing as hell!

On top of that we have
The Network,
Undertaker,
Hogan,
Warrior,
Sting,
Mania
and who knows what else.

Damn, and I thought I was a mark.

What's so exciting about it now? Aside from your unhealthy delusions?

1. The Network - ... yeah? You'll save some money and get a shit-ton of content you'll never watch, or if you do it'll take you to the good 'ol days when wrestling was actually good and WWE didn't antagonize its fans.

2. Undertaker - .. what about him? He's gonna do his evil tongue I'm going to win at WrestleMania thing? Boy, we haven't seen that for twenty years. So exciting!

3. Hogan - ... all of a sudden you love the guy? What happened to he can't walk, and he's a moron and his daughter looks like a man? For fuck's sake, I'm all cool with non-stop hate and idiotism, but at least have some fucking rules about it. If you hate him, hate him consistently. Where were all you Hulkamaniacs when he was in TNA? Oh, right, you were swarming the TNA section saying how shitty TNA is for signing him and how he's useless. WWE fans - whichever way the wind blows.

4. Warrior - .. really? Warrior? You're excited about Warrior? He can't walk! He can't wrestle. He's good for one entrance and that's it. I love the guy and even I don't give a shit.

5. Sting - .. what about him? He's pleasantly positioned in TNA, where he'll stay. Now I know, "but his contract is up". Well his contract was up the year before, and the year before that. He can't reach an agreement with the WWE and knowing that they have Hogan wrapped with a bow for WrestleMania, I highly doubt they even need Sting at this point.

6. Mania - yes, as usual the excitement for Mania is always better than the actual event. Vinnie Mac's annual "Haha gotcho moneyz" event is coming up. It'll be below everyone's expectations and as soon as it's one you'll keep wondering if they'll "get it right" with the next one. WWE fans are such suckers, I swear to god. It's a year since last year's absolute bust and it's like it never happened.

What I find most hilarious is the fact that none of the exciting things you mentioned have anything to do with the current product. No ongoing storyline, no up and coming talent, nothing that the WWE is currently working on. Just some old fucks returning, or old fucks wrestling the same match they wrestled in 1994 (hey 'Taker), but nothing of any actual relevance.

Speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Why are you people trying to trick yourselves into believing the shit WWE is doing now is "awesome"? You know it isn't but you won't let yourself face the truth and admit that the WWE is garbage right now. One or two bright spots won't make this dung shine.

How about this? This ISN'T awesome.

The Royal Rumble winner is a guy who was never, ever enjoyed by the fans fully. He'll go on to face someone he's likely faced many times before. Batista didn't win because he's that popular, or good or needed. He won because he's got a fucking movie coming up and WWE will squeeze every opportunity out of this. It took us 30 minutes to remember why we dislike the guy. Plus, he doesn't even look menacing anymore.

The fans' favorite sons are both doing NOTHING. Punk is irrelevant, Bryan is irrelevant. They're being fed to much more mediocre talent which will be featured more prominently than them.

There are no interesting storylines taking place, no cool talent is being featured, nothing of value is being shown. The most important things in the next few months will be Cena, Orton, Batista, Hogan and any other returning star. Not Bryan, not Ziggler, not Punk. Cena, Orton, Batista, Hogan. All people who the fans have learned to hate over the years. That's Mania's selling point. That's what you'll get.

The hottest and coolest things in the WWE are being buried, because WE enjoy them but they don't exactly match their marketing efforts. You're being fed what they believe will likely sell. Fuck a PG Era, that never existed. It's the Marketing Era, when the WWE relies more on "what sells" than what the fans want. For some reason, they believe that what the fans want won't sell, which makes no fucking sense considering it's the fans who buy it. So why do they do it?

Because of suckers like the OP who will buy ANYTHING, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, regardless of how shitty it is. The only reason why the WWE gets away with this bullshit is because of the people who cope with it and trick themselves into thinking it's great, because WWE could not do no wrong. The second these people deny WWE's bullshit and stop buying will be the second talented guys like Bryan and Punk get to where they should be, and us the fans get treated with the respect that we deserve.

I really miss the times when the fans used to root for one guy and the WWE would notice and RUN with him until he's a mega star. They used to look for audience responses and act accordingly. Now they go against us. What would've happened if they buried Austin, or Shawn, or Rock? They never intended for Austin to "happen", did they? Hell, they never intended for Rocky to happen either. But they did, because WE chose them. Then all WWE had to do is feature the guys we chose in cool stuff and then we're golden. Now they seem to disagree with us. Like we don't know what we like.

Wow Zeven_Zion you have issues bro. You responded to my opinions like I'm the voice of a million people. I love Hogan and have since a kid. Sting and Taker rule and always have. Punk, Bryan, Wyatt, Ziggler, Sandow, Langston, Shield and on and on all have sweet tv spots and futures in the #1 wrestling company in the world. I haven seen Warrior in years. Is he going to stick to the script? My interest, not millions of others, is at a high right now. Either agree or disagree but don't have a heart attack.

As far as being a Mark and a Sucker. I haven't bought or watched a PPV in 12 yrs, No merchandise in 10yrs, Haven't watched Smackdown in 6yrs and only watch Raw and have wondered why I still do. This is the first Raw in years where the anticipation, intrigue, cluelessness of what is going to happen feels like it once did 15 yrs ago. That's my point! Add on the possible returns of Legends and the current building of new and young talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back