They Are In

Keep in mind that WCW didn't start "winning the war" overnight. It took years of building to get to that point.

WCW Nitro won its FIRST head to head meeting against Raw on Monday Night and the two went back and forth until Memorial Day 1996 which was LESS THAN ONE YEAR after it started Nitro won the next 84 head to head contests.

Before that the war was pretty much even, right now TNA is not competing on the level of Nitro. It is more like Thunder or WWF Livewire.

Mr. Eko is not a TNA mark. He's been around here for a while...you got 17 posts. Learn to pick your battles.

You're fighting for a company that every one, since the collapse of WCW, has claimed has had a weaker showing. And now that competition rears it's head, you cling to your "horrible" product, claiming that it is light years ahead of TNA.

Get a clue.

Just because someone doesn't have the amount of posts than someone else (meaning superiority in your case), they can't have an argument about something? Completely absurd statement.

Also, it is light years ahead of TNA, unless TNA can go up by 3 million viewers. He's defending WWE, and now you're claiming TNA is young; just give them time. I will claim that TNA is going to have to put on the fight of their lives if they even want to get a 2.
This didn't prove that TNA can hang with WWE, it just proved that TNA and WWE have seperate audiences.

As for my opinion, TNA did an okay job with 1.0. They had a steady audience mostly, which is a good start. WWE did a bit poor considering it's getting close to Wrestlemania. It's going to be interesting these next weeks looking at the ratings.

I think there's a bigger factor here that no one is discussing, that when I first read, courtesy of Papa Shango, it struck me as a bit odd. I'll even quote him, just to give him actual credit.

Adults 25-54
Impact: 753,000
RAW: 2,455,000

Adults 18-49
Impact: 692,000
RAW: 2,586,000

This means, more or less, that TNA's average audience is far older than I think TNA, Spike, and advertisers were hoping for. TNA is making a dire attempt to attract the 18-49 demographic, which is seen as the most important demographic out there. Though, it would appear as though TNA is missing the point completely. Somewhere along the line, TNA lost some of those 18-25 year olds which are pivotal, and gained some fifty year old creeps that either heard it was Hogan/Flair again, or just wanted to see the Knockouts. However you interpret it, the point is that TNA's core audience isn't what they were hoping for at all, and that advertisers notice these things. Probably the most important thing to this version of the MNW is going to be advertisers. It may be what eventually gets TNA over the hump, and once they notice that not nearly as many people they are looking for are watching the product, I guarantee you TNA will start to flounder. I'm not a doom and gloom guy, but this certainly is something TNA should be monitoring. Pulling a 1.0 isn't particularly bad; the bad thing is when most of your core audience is somewhere around forty and fifty. That should be cause for concern

Isn't it kind of simple, yes RVD and Jeff Hardy are big names, yes people loved them in WWE were they grew and became fan favorites ( RVD more so in ECW as well ) and yes it was the return of Sting, but the casual fan who doesn't go on sites like this don't know that Jeff Hardy and RVD had signed on, and to be honest, I'm not bashing TNA, I like what they're doing, but if I had a choice to Hogan-Abyss vs Flair-Styles or Cena vs McMahon and Company 2 weeks before the biggest night in Wrestling period, I'm going with WWE, I think Flair should be retired but thats a another story, and Hulk is just... Well hes Hulk..

Honestly I don't look to much into the ratings for this week, but next week is when it'll get interesting, all the people now know that Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam are in TNA now, so it'll be interesting to see if more people watch to see them now that they know they're there, however I don't think Hardy and RVD, although the two biggest Free-Agents, can convert enough people to really take away WWE's fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back