The WZ Posters Tournament Feedback Thread

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Well, the Tournament is now officially over. We would like to extend a congratulations to fromthesam for winning the Tournament, and we would also like to say THANK YOU to tburna for doing such a great job as manager. Finally, we would like to thank everyone that participated...for the most part, all of you were extremely mature and, consequently, things went smoothly (again, for the most part).

All right, please feel free to leave any feedback as to how this thing should be run next year. As long as whoever is in charge around here this time next year is all right with it, and as long as we're still around, we do plan on doing this again. So, please, give us ideas as to how this can be better the next time around...there is always room for improvement.

Edited to replace "I" with "we." :doh: :icon_biggrin:

make people give reasons next time. Just slapping down a name and not having the sack to justify it seems cheap. beyond that, you dudes did an excellent job.

Maybe at some point, really try to push legitimacy of a win. I know thats "totally unkewl coz its teh internetz" but I mean. It would make it have a bit more of a point I think.

I never got why didn't use polls.

Seconded. I asked that question and got no response.

Great job though guys.

Well, we thought it would encourage those voting to give reasons for why they were voting. We debated using a poll and only counting someone's vote if they posted reasons as well, but then we realized that that would be way too complicated.

If we don't make reasons necessary for a vote to count next time, then we'll probably just go with the poll option.

Oh shit, I forgot to say this...I meant to say "we thank." And, when I say we thank, I mean me and Marquis. I have been the one talking about this Tournament, but he had just as much of a hand in getting this thing off the ground as I did. Therefore, he is the unsung hero in all of this. Thanks for helping me out, bro. I really couldn't have done it without you.

You guys did a great, great job.

And it obviously went a lot more smoother then the tournament that took place last year, so you deserve credit for that as well.

I've learned from doing tournys it's almost impossible to get everyone to vote for the same reasons. If people wanna vote for friends, thats what they will do, if they wanna vote based on skills, thats what they do. Saying what to vote for won't help, it's all a popularoitty contest in most peoples minds.

Next year, and for all future tournaments, once you're eliminated, you're eliminated. These last chance things are ridiculous.

I agree with a lot of stuff here, and if I'm involved with it next year, I think implementing a poll would help out quite a bit, because I have to admit, it was such a pain to go through the entire thread just to find the votes. This was especially bad when there was 3 or 4 pages of talking, and many times not even about the teams facing off, and then finally finding the votes, and some votes were within those pages of conversation so they could have been missed. A poll does all the counting for us, but I think reasons need to be given why you vote for a particular team, and of course knowing these forums, we will have people giving reasons, debating the teams etc. so the poll shouldn't interfere with that.

Also, I think once the rules are set, they are set, and if you decide to drop out and we move on without you, then you're out. This caused a lot of headaches with this tournament, and I really don't mean to be a prick about this shit, but trying to flex rules and alter them on the go was not good and hurt the tournament a bit. Overall though I'd have to say things went over smoothly, though I would also like to say that maybe we could shorten the length of the matches because it started getting to the point where we wouldn't have any votes being counted for a day and a half or so. This would mostly pertain to later rounds with less teams, but the beginning rounds the 3 day limit seems appropriate.

I want to thank tdigle and Marquis for getting this all set up, and tdigle especially for trusting me with taking over the managing of the tournament. Honestly it was far more work than I had expected, but if I'm around the forums still when it comes around again, I will gladly manage it again. I know it seemed like the tournament got to me a bit, and I apologize for that, I have a temper that during some days, can have a short fuse. With some changes implemented into the tournament for next time, I believe it could go very very smoothly and hopefully without any hiccups.

I've learned from doing tournys it's almost impossible to get everyone to vote for the same reasons. If people wanna vote for friends, thats what they will do, if they wanna vote based on skills, thats what they do. Saying what to vote for won't help, it's all a popularoitty contest in most peoples minds.

Nobody cares what you think.

If Sam's team won then I'd like somebody to announce that me & Marquis as the winners of the tournament. We did beat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back