The WWE Network is LIVE in the UK (Early)

I'd forgotten how brutal that boiler room brawl between Big Show and Mankind was.

Foley really did get the shit kicked out of him in almost every match he had

I'd forgotten how brutal that boiler room brawl between Big Show and Mankind was.

Foley really did get the shit kicked out of him in almost every match he had

That match was brutal, he must cut the shit out of his hand. The blood... Jesus the blood. Although I very much liked the bloodied hand print he left on the exit door.

I know I'm not in the UK but I got a free subscription (thanks to using a different email address and card) so I've been watching quite a bit.

The IYH 13 main event is amazing. Easily the best 4 Way match I've ever seen. Without putting any thought into it, anyway.

Also, Too Cool is criminally over-looked when reminiscing about great tag teams of the Attitude Era. They were insanely popular.

Angle/Michaels...I'd forgotten all about this classic.

A nearly perfect match... Until the end where Shawn stays in the ankle lock WAAAAAAY too fucking long.

One thing that rewatching 98 has reminded me is how over Kane was. Fucking hell.

I've been rewatching the royal rumbles from the last 10 years and Carlito always got a pretty good reaction which was a bit surprising.

Also, the Cena-Orton match from 2014 literally put me to sleep yesterday.

I've now seen every PPV from 1999, and been watching some of the documentaries.

The Paul Heyman one is great, it's amazing how he bullshitted his way into production meetings when he was just a teenager!

I'm in the middle of The Most Powerful Families in Wrestling at the moment.

Until about a week ago, I don't think I had ever heard this version of the DX theme. Pretty fucking banging though!

Going through the 2000 PPVs at the moment and the surrealest thing to see was when Bubba made it his mission to put Trish through a table at Backlash and Jerry Lawler just comes across as a maniac by pretty much equating "she kissed Bubba to avoid going through one table" to "that **** needs to get some wood." Pretty uncomfortable I have to say but thank fuck for Benoit and Jericho! You don't see tights like theirs these days :(

It's amazing to see how quickly Kurt Angle became a genuine top guy. I'm watching Summerslam 2000 at the moment, and Angle had only been there for a few months and he's already won the Euro and IC titles, the KOTR and is now in the main event for the WWE title, incredible!

Has anyone taken to pro wrestling as quickly as Kurt??!

Brian Pillman documentary is pretty awesome.

I sort of hate how people say Dean Ambrose is like Brian Pillman. Pillman was genuinely fucking nuts, like nuts. Ambrose plays nuts.

Ahhhh ok. its from like 2005 I think. I just never bothered with it because their documentaries were kind of kayfabey back then. Ill check it out though

One thing that rewatching 98 has reminded me is how over Kane was. Fucking hell.

Also, Too Cool is criminally over-looked when reminiscing about great tag teams of the Attitude Era. They were insanely popular.

I have no idea why some revisionists like to pick on these so much, Kane especially. Sometimes you'd think the guy was always less relevant than he is now, even.

Edit; Well, it'd be unfair if I forgot to mention that some people do go to far the other way.

So why are there no raws from 99 and 2000? Are they deliberately holding them back or is it some kind of license issue with whatever channel they were on at the time?

I think the ones they uploaded inititally are the ones that are classed as the best ever/most memorable, something like that.

They'll add the others at a later date I expect. I can't wait to get stuck into the 2000 Raws again, a shame they haven't been available while I have been watching the 2000 PPVs in order, it would have been nice to fill in the gaps betwen shows.

Too Cool are indeed the shit. Unfortunately, they're quite rightly overshadowed by Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boys and Those Damn Dudleys.

I'm off work with a throat infection so I might be watching some TLCs once I'm done with this week's NXT.

Remember when people say the Attitude Era wasn't actually that good? They're lying.

I'm off work with a throat infection so I might be watching some TLCs once I'm done with this week's NXT.

• The New Brood (aka The Hardy Boys) versus The Old Brood (aka Edge and Christian), Ladder Match for the Managerial Services of Terri Runnels, No Mercy 1999
Has there even been a better example, in wrestling history, of turning lead into gold than this match?

• The Hardy Boys versus The Dudley Boys, Tables Match, Royal Rumble 2000
Somebody with a longer memory than me can tell me if this was the first tables match in WWF. For a seven-year-old Sam, this was incredible.

• The New Brood (aka The Hardy Boys) versus The Old Brood (aka Edge and Christian), Ladder Match for the Managerial Services of Terri Runnels, No Mercy 1999
Has there even been a better example, in wrestling history, of turning lead into gold than this match?

• The Hardy Boys versus The Dudley Boys, Tables Match, Royal Rumble 2000
Somebody with a longer memory than me can tell me if this was the first tables match in WWF. For a seven-year-old Sam, this was incredible.

Two of my favourite matches of all time, which made The Hardys my favourite wrestlers at that point.

That ladder match blows my mind every time I see it. 4 stars were made that night.

The Tables match at RR 2000 definitely was the first TAG TEAM tables match in WWE history, i'm unsure if it was the first table match overall. I can't remember an earlier singles one though?

Man, Test had a mean looking pump-handle slam. Been a while since I've seen someone use it now that I think about it.

And probably my favourite top rope elbow drop of all time, along with Perry Saturn.

Also, Saturn was fucking ROIDED to the max in 2000, the guy is enormous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back