"The WWE Internet Championship"

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
Zack Ryder was introduced as the "Internet Champion" prior to his match against Primo. Ryder came out with a replica belt and apparently it was on the line during the match.

What are your thoughts on this?

Obviously Vince McMahon signed off on this or else Zack Ryder would never be allowed to come out with his own belt, be introduced as such and especially defend it

Do you think an Internet Championship is a good thing for the WWE? a title the lower mid-card contenders can fight for and have some meaning

Or do you think it's a waste of metal?

It's basically pointless. Mid-card belts are for lower card wrestlers. That's what they should be vying for. If they want a belt with at least an ounce of real meaning, they have to earn it. It's a gimmick, novelty belt. I bet the longevity of the belt will be unimpressive.

It's pointless.

I think this was just an amusing treat for a live crowd. There is no way that this is an actual championship. Just a joke with the guys backstage. If you watch his internet videos, Ryder has the little cheap funny belt.

It's just a gimmick belt for Ryder just like the Million Dollar Championship was for The Million Dollar man. It would get defended only during Zack Ryder feuds as it is weird to see some other guy holding it.

A championship for the Superstars stuck in Superstars is not a bad idea at all. This allows WWE Creative to tread the waters with Superstars by seeing how crowd's will react to a Superstar with a belt around his waist. But for now, I only see the internet championship as a inside joke for the backstage.

I think its a joke just for Zack Ryder and wouldnt work for anybody else, like if a lower card wreslter won it, why should he be the "internet" champion if he doesnt have vids on the internet like zack does? its just a gimmick. if it were real, daniel bryan and cm punk would be fueding over it.

No it's below a mid level championship. It's just as pointless as the hardcore championship the WWE had. Might as well have Ryder wrestle other jobbers.

I also don't think it's meant to be taken seriously, but it's a shame really. Ryder is almost being used for creative to piss off the IWC almost. I don't understand why Vince doesn't let him get some shine in the mid card, it isn't like anything else is happening.

Honestly though, I do not want to see that title defended on a regular basis or anything, and it isn't going to be. If it's going to be at non televised functions, i'm all for it.

I think this is a fantastic idea. Why? Because it means the WWE are finally opening the window just a crack on a Zack Ryder push. Without giving away spoilers, there is also a possibility we might see him on Raw this week and now the WWE is allowing him to be introduced as the "Internet Champion." That folks, is the very early beginnings of a push. Its not like any wrestler has the free will to make a title for himself and openly be declared and defend the said title. The WWE sees something in this, some potential, and they're finally letting Zack out to wade in the kiddy pool. Now we just have to wait and see what happens.

This was at a house show if I'm not mistaken. I would imagine this was just some sorta joke or rib aimed towards Ryders buddies backstage. Probably got a good laugh outta the guys in back there. I doubt the Internet Championship will become a regular title in the WWE.

If you read Mick Foley's first book he talks a lot about the jokes guys used to play backstage at house show tours. Owen Hart and Mick Foley once when out and threw a whole match (had a terrible match and no sold all each other moves) in an attempt to make Steve Austin laugh who was ringside in Foley's corner. They succeeded in there attempts.

So no, I don't see this as being a regular title in the E. And if you defend it on Superstars, it has to be defended on NXT too as that is an internet show as well.

It would be pretty funny if they had a match on raw for it. Have it be a really good match. A lot of counters and close wins. Have both wrestlers put everything they got into it. Have whoever wins it really show emotion. As if he just ended the takers streak or something. It would be a wtf moment. These 2 guys put all they had for a belt that doesn't even matter???!!! Just hilarious I think. Make it a one time thing tho. But if for some reason it seems like a huge success then sure why not throw another match on. Shit, if they can give gillberg some tv time then why not this?

I believe it was just a joke. Theyre just trying to put over Ryder's new involvement with the internet. I dont think WWE would ever have a title dedicated to the internet since it would have the casual TV fans confused as to why the title is important. I hope Ryder keeps coming out with the title thought, this internet gimmick could really be what he needs to get over with management.

I actually like the idea, though I'm not sure how it would work. In my mind, it's similiar to the old WCW and ECW Television Titles (which could only be defended on TV), except a more modern version. Think about it, this is a new age in technology. The internet is pretty big. Not only that, but shows like Superstars and NXT are exclusively shown on.... wait for it.... the internet! That title could be a good way to add something special to Superstars. The Internet Title could only be defended on the internet. WWE should definitely run with this.

I think people are jumping to conclusions about this. Who's to say they will ever even show it on Raw? It was just a house show. I doubt it will even make it to TV. And for all the people actually referring to it as a lower card title, that's just silly. It's just a prop. Like someone said, it's just like the Million Dollar belt and would never be defended outside of a feud involving Ryder. I personally wouldn't mind Ryder showing up to Raw with it and people wanting to compete for it. But I don't realistically see it happening.

It's pretty pointless really. It's a gimmick title and gimmick titles have no meaning in and of themselves. Back in TNA, the Legends Championship, which is now the TNA Television Championship, was created as sort of a prop belt to go along with Booker's character. Even though the title became "legit", it still carries the stigma of being just a prop/gimmick title and it's value in TNA...well it's never really had any value or prestige in TNA. You also had the Million Dollar Championship that was made for Ted DiBiase back in the day and it was just fine because it started out as a prop and it stayed, for the most part, a prop.

I like Zack Ryder, don't get me wrong, but Ryder is someone that's really caught on with the IWC. To listen to some of the posts some people write on Ryder, you'd think he should be in the main event spot by this time next week and that he's the most popular guy on the WWE roster. Zack Ryder is NOT nearly as popular as some in the IWC make him out to be. He's a talented wrestler, he's also a very young guy that I'm hoping is just paying his dues in WWE right now and could have a very bright future ahead of him.

I have no problem with them using this title as a prop. It's harmless. It worked for DiBiase's MDC back in the late 80s and early 90s. But if they start trying to treat it as if it's an actual WWE sanctioned title, then I don't look for anything good to come of it.

its a waste of metal. what does the internet belt mean anyways? zack is the only guy on the internet all the time. so it wouldnt mean anything for someone to win the belt from him (even though primo is better then ryder and deeserved the win more), you want to give guys a belt, bring back the cruiserweight belt, at least that belt means something, or else the internet belt should be like the million dollar belt or something where its only trademarked for zack ryder and no one else.

I think an Internet Championship would be a great idea. Not only is Zack Ryder on the internet but the WWE has made countless efforts to push there internet related business in recent years.

Twitter (we here about twitter at least 3-4x a show)
Facebook (Cena with over then amillion followers)
Having both Superstars and NXT solely internet based

I think an Internet Championship would be the smarter business move VKM has done in half a decade.

Plus it would give superstars who aren't U.S/I.C Title ready yet a chance to be fighting for something

Internet Championship? Like a TV Title that would only be defended on webshows. I'm a proud member of the Ryder Revolution, but I'd have to say no to this idea.

If the Internet title was made into a legitimate championship, "we" and by "we" I mean a fraction of you people, no racial, would turn on it the same way "we" did the Spinner Belt. The only difference is that the Internet Championship actually IS a toy.

I can't see this being an official WWE title, it is more than likely just a part of Zack Ryder's gimmick, a simple nod-of-the-head to his IWC fanbase. I think its a nice touch, and who knows, this could be the start of a small Ryder push.

It may be defended on Superstars, but I can't see any other wrestler holding it right now, my gut feeling is that it is a Ryder-specific belt that will disappear once his gimmick alters. Perhaps if he actually gets pushed and wins a regualr belt, he could announce that he no longer needs that belt as he is a real superstar now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back