The Wrestling God HQ - John 'Bradshaw' Layfield HQ

FunKay the Inevitable

People Like Me, We Don't Play
images

[YOUTUBE]dNaCe6MEHKg[/YOUTUBE]​

And we're back with everyone's favourite current colour commentator and genuine, bona-fide Wrestling God, John 'Bradshaw' Layfield A.K.A. JBL! A former WWE Champion (longest reigning in 10 years and the longest in SmackDown! history, period), JBL has seen it all and done it all. Currently he is the best commentator WWE has to offer, actually putting feuds, ideas, gimmicks and people in general over. Shocking I know.

He's been a comedy act and strong babyface as (Just Call Me) Bradshaw in the APA to being the loathed ultra-conservative defender of the United States border as John 'Bradshaw' Layfield. He's got quite the resume, in fact, here it is:

• WWE Championship (1 time, 280 Days, Longest for 10 Years)
• WWE Hardcore Championship (17 times)
• WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
• WWE United States Championship (1 time)
• WWF European Championship (1 time)
• WWF Tag Team Championship (3 times) with Ron Simmons
• Tenth Grand Slam Champion
• Twentieth Triple Crown Champion
• #5 on the PWI 500 in 2005
• Best Gimmick - 2004: Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards

A healthy resume to say the least for JBL and there are plenty of reasons to vote for your Wrestling God. When it comes to it, he has seen them all and beaten them all. From John Cena to the Undertaker, JBL has some impressive victories. JBL isn't just successful in the ring however, he's also a success outside too. JBL is a successful businessman, a regular analyst on Fox's The Cost of Freedom , has his own syndicated radio show and is a self-made millionaire, contributing an enormous amount to charity, going so far as to risk life and limb climbing some of the world's most formidable peaks.

JBL has also released a vitality drink called Mamajuama and wrote a book entitled Have More Money Now. On top of all these successes though, JBL is also an American hero. He's defended the border from illegal's (a very 'now' issue in WWE as a matter of fact) and conquered the monster known only as Godzilla:

[YOUTUBE]3Xan4QnW9Zg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zI8hWJ1zbxs[/YOUTUBE]​

He'll also tell you how it is whether you're from his original home state of Texas or an ECW fanboy:

[YOUTUBE]cN-qEEgB4qs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]O-t5ssr6T6o[/YOUTUBE]​

John Layfield is a patriot, an honest man and an American hero. Layfield is also a Wrestling God, defeating any and all who have stood in his way. So let's get together folks, and vote for JBL and make 2013 the year of John 'Bradshaw' Layfield.

2s159vp.png

Note: Large amounts of this originate from the 2011 Campaign HQ started by yours truly and purely for fun and my own amusement as a big JBL fan. Enjoy!

I'm a more recent convert to, um, Bradshaw...ism. Maybe Punk's 400+ day reign has made it more readily acceptable to not think of JBL as a spotlight-hogging bore. Also, he threw a trash can at a midget.

i almost feel as though the hardcore title should count as 1/2 a championship. as in 17 title reigns=8.5 reigns. this is becuz of the 24/7 title defense system and always having a hardcore match. i culda wone that championship at times. it once was defended like 5 times in the same night

i almost feel as though the hardcore title should count as 1/2 a championship. as in 17 title reigns=8.5 reigns. this is becuz of the 24/7 title defense system and always having a hardcore match. i culda wone that championship at times. it once was defended like 5 times in the same night

So? I have to ask you what the big difference is between seventeen reigns or eight point five. JBL is never going to win or lose a round simply on that one stat and either way it shows he knows his way around the gimmick matches. The guy has always been able to entertain and draw large amounts of heat on the mic wrestling some damn good matches for his size. I'd like to see him go far here.

So up first; Booker T. What say you Layfield followers? Will it be plain sailing for the Wrestling God or does he face an uphill battle against the Book in WCW?

I think that he'll be good for this one. Still slightly surprised he's seeded lower than Booker, but I'll be sending a vote his way.

So up first; Booker T. What say you Layfield followers? Will it be plain sailing for the Wrestling God or does he face an uphill battle against the Book in WCW?

He certainly doesn't have it easy and there are many who really like Booker but I have never found what everyone else sees in him. JBL has won the few battles both men have had with each other but you could argue that wasn't Booker in his prime. I'll be backing him and he should go over here but you can never know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back