The Undertaker's Wrestlemania 28 Plans

JGlass

Unregistered User
So a report surfaced today with the WWE's supposed long term plans for Wrestlemania 28. Among other things, one of the matches they allegedly have planned for is Jericho vs. Undertaker. I personally think that this is a bad idea. I don't think Jericho and Taker would put on a good match together at this point in both their careers, and I don't think Jericho should be Taker's potentially last opponent.

However, if you're like me, you don't trust the dirt sheets for shit, and you'd like to believe the future is wide open. So my question to you is, who do you think Undertaker's Wrestlemania 28 opponent should be?

Sheamus would be my pick if I was running things over in Stamford. Sheamus has been in and out of the main event since he first transitioned from ECW to Raw and has consistently drawn some of the best heel heat. He's had solid matches with Morrison, Orton, and Cena, three of the best guys the WWE has to offer, and he has had memorable programs with them as well. I think Sheamus' time on Smackdown will allow him to develop into a top heel, and not a cowardly one either. Sheamus will continue to embrace his Irish Warrior ways, and when March rolls around he'll be spoiling for a battle with the WWE's toughest opponent.

Christian is a terrific second choice. He could challenge Taker by stating he wants to do something his friend Edge tried but failed at: beating the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Taker would eventually accept his challenge, and Christian would start mentally preparing for it by going to dark places in his mind. Perhaps they'd reference his time as a vampire in The Brood, and he could also have a special edition of The Peep Show with Edge as his special guest. He'd ask Edge for advice on how to beat The Undertaker, and after Edge gave it to him Christian would turn on his best friend and assault Edge.

What do you think? Are Sheamus and Christian better candidates for Taker's Wrestlemania opponent than Jericho? Is there anyone you'd rather see than those three stars?

I think Jericho would be a fine opponent for Taker at Wrestlemania. I'm currently reading Jericho's new book and he talks about how Taker was one guy who always had his back when things were looking down. Knowing the competitor that Jericho is he would love the challenge and be honored to be Taker's potentially last opponent and get a darn good match out of him. However I'm like you buddy and I don't trust the dirt sheets one bit. I think this is just them trying to get us hyped up about a potential return for Jericho. As for who I'd like to see Taker fight at WM28, it would be between Sheamus and Barrett. Taker always works well with brawlers and these two are the types of guys who could really get pushed over the edge with a big time, high profile match with Taker. We all know the history between Barrett and Taker (the unknown reasoning behind the attack during the Buried Alive match) and Sheamus is just a guy I have always felt would work well with Taker.

While I like the thought of Taker vs. Jericho, Jericho just doesn't seem threatening & has been basically a jobber at times, so who honestly is going to believe he will beat Taker? With Taker being weakened down at the past two WM's, I was hoping for a serious threat to go up against Taker like Austin or Batista or even Kane again, so it would look like Taker has a easy chance to lose and if this is Taker's last match, Jericho just isn't the ideal opponent for him to go out to. Plus they already had a match back on Smackdown and it was nothing special, so I expect nothing special here too. Only the promos they cut on each other before WM is what's gonna be so good about this.

I had another idea awhile back where Diesel & Big Show could turn heel & vow to break Taker's streak together since no one man has been able to do it then Kane could enter the feud, defend his brother and we have a tag team match between The Brothers Of Destruction against Diesel & Show. I think it would make a lot of sense when you think about the facts.

-Taker has defeated Diesel & Show at Manias
-Diesel & Show are good friends in real life
-Kane & Show were tag partners but he chooses his brother over him which would get Show even more angry
-Taker would wrestle only half the match saving himself from worsening his injury
-Diesel tweeted back in December I think it was that he would like to face Taker at Mania again.

Or they could just have Diesel vs. Taker one on one again and with both men being crippled, it doesn't have to be anything spectacular.

Jericho's a fine choice for Taker's Mania opponent. They've never really had a long programme together, however we know that Taker's vulnerable, and we know Jericho has beaten Taker in the past. Chris has the mic skills to build the match and can play that antagonist role that Taker has been missing the last few years during his matches with Shawn and Triple H. Jericho also could return before Mania season and be built up during that point. On the other hand there are guys like Barrett & Sheamus who are big men who fit Taker's typical Mania opponent mould more than Jericho. Taker was known for fighting monsters pretty much every Mania for awhile and that'd be a throwback to that, something I wouldn't mind either. While I don't think Barrett could do it, I believe Sheamus could most certainly have a good match with Taker. As too could Jericho of course.

While I like the thought of Taker vs. Jericho, Jericho just doesn't seem threatening & has been basically a jobber at times, so who honestly is going to believe he will beat Taker? With Taker being weakened down at the past two WM's, I was hoping for a serious threat to go up against Taker like Austin or Batista or even Kane again, so it would look like Taker has a easy chance to lose and if this is Taker's last match, Jericho just isn't the ideal opponent for him to go out to. Plus they already had a match back on Smackdown and it was nothing special, so I expect nothing special here too. Only the promos they cut on each other before WM is what's gonna be so good about this.

Really? Jericho has been a jobber in the past few years? Are you fucking kidding me? When he came back he was great. His promo's were spot on and he seemed recharged in the ring. Anything Chris did since his return was allmost as far as he could have gotten. Yes he did fight a bunch of vets at Mania. But I'm sure he took that with a grain of salt, due to him probably being a huge fan to most of them.

So Austin who is really past his prime in my eyes. Batista isn't even in the WWE, and why the hell would you want to see Kane vs taker 3. I would rather see Trips vs taker 3 than that match.

What you aren't getting at is while their styles don't really mesh well. Smackdown matches aren't mania bro. All the stops are pulled, everything you see on tv gets amplified X10. I think Y2J and Taker could pull off a great match. I would much rather see that then Trips again.

Thing is, I find it pretty obvious that the Undertaker's 20th opponent is already decided. In fact I would go so far as to say it was decided before this year's Wrestlemania.

The 20th guy is the same as the 19th one. Triple H. Triple H as much as told us that in the promo he cut right after Mania. This plan seems pretty much carved in stone, if you ask me.

Of course plans can change. Triple H could, say, get hit by a bus.

In that case I only see 2 guys that could fill that spot:
a) John Cena. But he already has his match with the Rock. Unless the Rock gets hit by a bus as well this is not gonna happen, either.
b) Kane. Kane is the one guy that truly personifies being the Undertaker's nemesis. That was the whole reason that character was created in the first place. And the last couple of times they met, Kane dominated and won the matches. If that feud finally culminates for that last time at 20-0, that would truly take it full circle (it started with a Wrestlemania match, remember?) and give it the most satisfying end a feud ever had.
The match itself wouldn't be very good, though. Taker-Kane is nothing new and they both aren't getting any younger. Still it would be a worthy 20-0.

Anything else doesn't make any sense to me. Jericho? Not buying it. Austin? Diesel? Sheamus? CHRISTIAN?? Get real!

Edit: Hmm, one more guy could fill that spot, if Triple H drops out for whatever reason: Randy Orton. Pretty self-explanatory why this could work.

Undertaker vs Jericho sounds like a decent match up, at least in my eyes. It just seems inbred in his cocky character to try and end the streak and thereby cement his place in history. Jericho will need to be booked strongly in the lead up to WrestleMania, though. And that would actually be a welcome change because Jericho, for all his talents, has been booked somewhat like a jobber to the stars. He still remains relevant as a main eventer, though, by cutting awesome promos and getting his heat back as if he had never lost it.

If it is not Jericho, I'd actually go with Cody Rhodes. A match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania could be a starmaking match for young Rhodes in the same manner in which it was for Randy Orton at WrestleMania 28. Also it's high time that the Streak started being used as a method to give people a rub again. Undertaker's matches against HBK and HHH have built up the Streak well enough and if a young guy manages to perform on the same level as these legends, it will be a huge boost to that guy.

Sheamus is a decent choice too but I get the feeling that he is not as yet ready for a huge rub like facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. All the efforts to hotshot Sheamus to the main event have already failed and so I feel that it would be best to build this guy up slowly now.

I would have thought Jericho would be the obvious choice, with Cena already booked for a match with the Rock, but you have brought up some great alternate options. I'd also like to suggest a third option to face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28.

As a huge fan of Christian I would obviously love to see Captain Charisma battle it out with the Deadman at Wrestlemania 28, but I don't think that the WWE would go in this direction which is a shame. The build up would be great as I believe Christian could play the slightly psychotic and paranoid heel, hell bent on ending the most important streak in wrestling history in order to live up to Edge's legacy and prove he is a big deal in wrestling history. A beatdown of Edge would be a must.

Another great option would be the Celtic Warrior, Sheamus. I expect Sheamus to rise rapidly up the Smackdown food chain and establish himself as one of the top heels on the brand. I wouldn't expect the build up to be spectacular but the in ring action would live up to the hype, no doubt. For such a big guy, Sheamus is very smooth between the ropes and 'Taker often has great matches with guys of his stature i.e. Batista. Although I would never want the Streak to be broken by any single man, this would give Sheamus a huge boost in the right direction towards establishing himself as a big time player in the WWE for a long time to come.

Another man that I could see and would like to see challenge the Undertaker next May at Wrestlemania is 'Deformed' Cody Rhodes. The build up between the two would be sensational with Rhodes countering 'Taker's head games with some of his own. Cody has truly come into his own since moving over to the blue brand in the 2010 draft, and a programme with the Deadman during Wrestlemania season would just keep his great run moving forward. However, Cody would have to be at his psychotic best in order for the fans to believe Rhodes even has a chance of threatening the Streak.

With Cena occupied Triple H, I'm afraid to say, is the only real choice. Unless WWE can bring in Goldberg, Lesnar, Sting or even Austin for another match then people just won't buy into a challenger like Sheamus, Barrett or Ezekiel Jackson. A few years ago all would have been worthy opponents for Undertaker at Mania. I've long though that the size of his Mania opponent is important because each match was solely made to make a highlight reel promoting the next years match. And guys like the three I've mentioned would be perfect for that. However over the past couple of years the, since 2007 I believe, Undertaker has had bigger stars to work against and has produced some of the best matches on the card. In his current condition, and even with a year off, his advancing age, I just don't see him having credible matches with anybody other than one of the very few long established headliners in the business.

Somebody like Triple H is a viable opponent even when the outcome is in no doubt, Sheamus just isn't. And likely wouldn't be either after a year of booking him into a monster heel.

With Cena occupied Triple H, I'm afraid to say, is the only real choice. Unless WWE can bring in Goldberg, Lesnar, Sting or even Austin for another match then people just won't buy into a challenger like Sheamus, Barrett or Ezekiel Jackson. A few years ago all would have been worthy opponents for Undertaker at Mania. I've long though that the size of his Mania opponent is important because each match was solely made to make a highlight reel promoting the next years match. And guys like the three I've mentioned would be perfect for that. However over the past couple of years the, since 2007 I believe, Undertaker has had bigger stars to work against and has produced some of the best matches on the card. In his current condition, and even with a year off, his advancing age, I just don't see him having credible matches with anybody other than one of the very few long established headliners in the business.

Somebody like Triple H is a viable opponent even when the outcome is in no doubt, Sheamus just isn't. And likely wouldn't be either after a year of booking him into a monster heel.

Yeah, pretty much. Taker's last few opponents have been HHH, Michaels, and Batista, all of whom are huge stars who definitely had a realistic shot at ending the streak(Kayfabe.) I know this will hurt a lot of feelings in the wrestling world, but Jericho isn't on that level. If you tell a casual fan that Taker is going up against Hunter or Shawn at Wrestlemania, a discussion over whether or not the streak could end will likely ensue. You tell a casual fan that Jericho is taking on Taker, however, and the conversation usually ends with a "Pfft. Well we know who's winning that one."

In all honesty, the only viable opponents for Taker who are still on the roster right now are Cena(busy,) Hunter, and Orton. They could go outside the company and get someone like Goldberg, Sting, or Lesnar, but assuming they stay within the company the aforementioned 3 are the only real choices, and they have all been done before.

I will say this though, with all of the choices on the table here, I fully believe that a Taker/Jericho match would be the best match possible from an in ring perspective. Unfortunately, that doesn't sell tickets or PPVs so I wouldn't bet on it happening.

1. Chris Jericho

Despite being probably the forums' biggest Chris Jericho fan, I'm not sure this is a great choice for the match-up with the Undertaker. Either way, the WWE is going to build Undertaker's matchup in the framework of "the streak." Jericho isn't a serious threat to the streak. I think most fans - IWC or not - realize Y2J isn't a full time guy and doesn't have a long term in front of him as a wrestler.

Don't misread me - Jericho is best equipped to get an AMAZING match out of 'Taker. He's athletic and understands how to work / build a match better than anyone not named HHH or Michaels. But in essence, he's no threat to the streak and would be fed to 'Taker.

2. S(h)eamus

This is interesting because S(h)eamus is a 2-time WWE champion with a massive future. He could play the same sort of "legend killer" card Orton played way back when, and as a trainee of Triple H, could be someone the WWE wants to get over HUGE. The issue here is that S(h)eamus works really stiff, and I'm not sure 'Taker will be up to taking those huge bumps. Also, I am not sure S(h)eamus is enough of a draw to be in this big of a role.

3. Christian

Awful choice. He's going to be an excellent 2nd tier heel, but not somebody you look at and say "here's a guy who could halt 'Taker's undefeated streak. I am not saying I don't think Christian is going to be a top guy or even earn back the World Title. But to match up with Undertaker at Wrestlemania, at this point, you really need to be all-time good. Like, sure-fire hall of fame good. Or at least amazing young up-and-comer.

4. Lesnar

2 weeks ago I'd be interested in this. I am half-way through his book, and I hope he never steps foot in the ring again. He's a self-server. He hated the wrestling business in every way apart from the money, and he's got no respect or concept for the history that 'Taker's streak represents to a majority of fans. Having this fly-by-night turncoat challenge the show's greatest performer on such a stage would be a slap in the face of EVERY other superstar in the lockerroom.

5. Sting

See: Slap in the Face. He's the greatest wrestler never to work for Vince McMahon. Maybe. If his first - and maybe only - match is a streak match vs The Undertaker? Oh boy. This could only work if there was a massive build-up, like an old-school NWA/WCW resurgance angle, and if Steve Borden were in shape like he was 15 years ago.

6. Austin

This would be amazing, but I doubt it'll happen due to Austin's injury issues. Too much to risk, and Austin is too much of a perfectionist to ever be half-assed at Mania.

7. Triple H

'Taker wrestle 2 guys in 4 years!? Do we suddenly think that Triple H is going to end the streak? God no. He's 0-2. That should be the limit. Kane is 0-2 - he's done too.

8. CM Punk

My pick since last year. I think that a newly re-signed CM Punk would be a great choice because of his ability to verbally drive a feud, even with an opponent who doesn't always appear on TV. He has a certain "it" factor with the level of insanity. He's like a smaller version of what Sid Justice was building to the Hogan feud. I had to change my damn name to "Joe Killed IC25" for 60 days because I banked on Punk vs 'Taker at Wrestlemania 27. I hope it happens at 28.

This is interesting. Jericho and Undertaker would surely put on an excellent match together, both are great workers and they understand how to work a crowd properly. They would undoubtedly tear the roof off of the place, but I just don't see it happening. This might be Undertaker's last ever WrestleMania match, does Vince McMahon trust Chris Jericho to be the guy to face him? I just don't think so. Vince has never really depended on Jericho alone, there's always been someone else there, so I don't know if he'd allow him something as big as Undertaker's last match, even though he will likely not win.

The way I see it, it has to be a big name. Guys like Sheamus or Miz would be solid choices, but not for 'Taker's last match. For 'Taker's last match, it has to be a top three name in the company. Triple H, John Cena, or Randy Orton. It won't be Cena, he already has a match (obviously), and I don't think it'll be Triple H, especially since they've already had 2 matches together. That leaves me with Randy Orton. Yes, they've already faced off, but he's still a good fit. Randy Orton might actually be the only guy who could pose a threat to the streak (kayfabe). He RARELY loses. In the fans' eyes, he'll look like a legitimate threat... That's why I think Orton will get the call to send Undertaker off into the sunset.

Due to the fact that it is the match would give Undertaker the all important 20 - 0, It'd have to be against someone who both has name recognition and can get hype built around the match. Someone who can carry the Undertaker too, something we shouldn't forget, as reports from about a month ago speculated that Undertaker was badly banged up that had basically gone into retirement until next years Wrestlemania. A concern is can he go at a fast enough pace to make it a wrestling match to remember.

Although Sheamus would be a viable choice, does he have name recognition which could really build hype and excitement around the match? If we're to be honest about it, he doesn't. I am a fan of Sheamus but I won't be deluded either about the fact, that Sheamus vs. Undertaker on a Wrestlemania poster won't draw in that much money. They'd have a good match I'm sure, but it would be more of a hard hitting brawl than anything. I'd pass on Sheamus.

Then you got Christian. He's really came into his own, he's more over now even as a heel than he probably has ever been. He's one of Smackdown's top heels even as of right now. He is an amazing worker, probably the best WWE have, we already know that he's an amazing wrestler and he can put on a good match with anyone, so he's a definitive candidate, more-so that Sheamus. The only question, when you compare him to Y2J, does he better Jericho in all those fields?

Jericho has got big time name recognition. He'll probably be one of the more mainstream names when he returns due to his run on Dancing with the Stars. He'll generate ticket buys, I mean, Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho screams a great match, and a great hype and build-up. Jericho is one of the last big names left, along with The Rock and Austin to have not tried and defeat the streak, and at least with Jericho, even though it's doubtful we have a chance that the Streak could realistically be beaten.

My money is personally on Jericho, and I'd be way more inclined for Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28 than Triple H vs. Undertaker at another Wrestlemania, especially after last years which I can't see them out-doing. My money is on Y2J.

Since it's not going to be Cena, I think Jericho is a solid opponent. He is great on the mic and could really build up hype for the match.

My top 3 opponents for Taker at WM 28 are:

1) Randy Orton
2) Jericho
3) The Miz

Hahahahahahahaha

Sorry that was quite funny.

I feel like I'd just be repeating everyone else here but I don't care. Sheamus, Barret, Del Rio and Miz are great upcoming stars with solid futures ahead of them but because of the recent opponents to the Streak I feel that Undertaker's only opponents can be Orton, Jericho(I genuinely don't ever see Y2J returning) or CM Punk. My pick of these three would be CM Punk. Orton and Undertaker has been done.

CM Punk is the best and most capable wrestler in WWE to create a classic with Undertaker, CM Punk could also carry the feud verbally which would probably be needed. CM Punk could benefit from this more than Orton too (Ya'know, how they could say they "almost" ended the Streak etc").

Gotta say Jericho is the perfect opponent in my opinion, especially because I will take anything that isnt a Mania rematch for Taker right now. He's the most credited superstar on the roster that hasnt faced Taker at mania yet. I like Ming would say that Punk would be a fantastic choice as well.

Sheamus could have been a contender if he had continued to be booked as a #1 guy but they have pushed him back down to upper-mid card so I don't think so , plus do we really want a new guy as Takers last opponent ever? If we were going to go with a new guy I'd prefer Barrett (If they would resume booking him strongly or never stopped)

Christian they are going to have to do well with this heel turn hes on , hes going to have to beat Randy and take that title and be booked strong as hell for this to even seem like he'd stand a chance against Taker

Chris Jericho though is a living legend and has all the credibility and over-ness and all of that in the world , simple set up for it to he just comes rant about how hes the best in the world at what he does and wants to prove it once and for all by ending the streak etc.

Out of these 3 options I like Jericho most

If not for his match w/ Rock I'd say Cena is a good choice too , probably the best choice but he has a stupid and pointless match with Rock........

1) Randy Orton
2) Jericho
3) The Miz

1.Been there , done that , he failed
2.Good idea
3.Hasn't been done but Miz doesn't have the credibility to even be perceived as having a chance in hell at beating taker so no

4. Lesnar
5. Sting
6. Austin
7. Triple H
8. CM Punk

4.Would be great but theres practically no chance that he would do it
5.Same^
6.Same^ (But why pass the torch to a guy whos already retired if he even would do it)
7.He failed twice , cmon now
8.Failed at HIAC fued , he seems no more a threat now than he did then , not gonna work unless it was no DQ and he brought in the whole Nexus to help him

For all those people suggesting CM Punk: I agree it's a good idea but I'm working under the assumption that CM Punk will unfortunately be gone from WWE by next year's WM.

The thing with Orton is that he fought Taker, what like 7 years ago? That's when he was a young kid and was not over like he is now. Plus we all know they've had HBK vs. Taker twice and Trips vs. Taker twice. It's about beating the streak. If they can sell to us that this version of Randy Orton is a threat to the streak (which I think he is from a hype standpoint), then let's see the match. We all know, no matter who the opponent is, Taker is winning.

but he has a stupid and pointless match with Rock....

This immediately validates your opinion as foolish...

8.Failed at HIAC fued , he seems no more a threat now than he did then , not gonna work unless it was no DQ and he brought in the whole Nexus to help him

But you still managed to bring up a decent point, a Wrestlemania feud would be so much greater than HIAC feud.

Chris Jericho is an excellent opponent choice for any Wrestlemania- but personally, I don't want him to be The Undertaker's final opponent. No offense to Chris, but Shawn Michaels and Triple H completely over shadow him, and him being the final opponent after 3 great Wrestlemanias with them seems very lackluster. CM Punk would be another great choice, but once again, the same problem is there. There are only 3 men that I think could really put on a true show to match the last three Wrestlemanias. Chris Jericho's probably going to be the final opponent, and the way things stand NONE of these are going to happen, but they would be the best choices for a final Undertaker match.

1. John Cena- John Cena is already taken. This was EVERYONE's pick, but it's not going to happen.

2. Randy Orton- Orton's already faced the Undertaker at Wrestlemania- however, he's a much bigger threat now, then he was back then, and I think they could put on a great match. However, Randy Orton is currently Smackdown's brand carrier, and he's not a likely choice because he's going to be involved in the title picture, something that should be kept away from the Undertaker, being his final match.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin- Throughout much of Stone Cold's reign in the attitude era, the greatest threat to his title reigns was The Undertaker. No one with the exception of John Cena would be a more fitting opponent. The difference between them however, is that Steve Austin is an actual possibility. No one really sees a final Stone Cold match, but he's repeatedly said it was possible. He's been a bit more active in the WWE recently, and it would be the a perfect double main event. Austin and Undertaker probably wouldn't put on the greatest match ever, but the atmosphere would make up for it. It would probably have a similar layout to the 'Taker/HHH match. The only issue is whether or not WWE has even thought of, and whether or not Austin would do it. If he was asked, I think he would. I can only pray that the thought has occurred to them.

Lesnar and Sting are right up there with 'em, but I see them being even less possible than Austin.

Really? Jericho has been a jobber in the past few years? Are you fucking kidding me? When he came back he was great. His promo's were spot on and he seemed recharged in the ring. Anything Chris did since his return was allmost as far as he could have gotten. Yes he did fight a bunch of vets at Mania. But I'm sure he took that with a grain of salt, due to him probably being a huge fan to most of them.

So Austin who is really past his prime in my eyes. Batista isn't even in the WWE, and why the hell would you want to see Kane vs taker 3. I would rather see Trips vs taker 3 than that match.

What you aren't getting at is while their styles don't really mesh well. Smackdown matches aren't mania bro. All the stops are pulled, everything you see on tv gets amplified X10. I think Y2J and Taker could pull off a great match. I would much rather see that then Trips again.

I have to ask but do you even know what a jobber is? It's a guy who basically loses too much. Promos and how he performs in the ring have nothing to do with it. Jericho has spent most of last year being Edge & Randy Orton's bitch and hell he even lost to Evan Bourne on PPV. I couldn't take him seriously as Taker's opponent after all that.

Austin may be past his prime but so is Taker. Jericho isn't even in the WWE either but that ain't stopping WWE from planning on using him for a match with Taker, so why not consider Batista an option too? At this point it's just a fantasy having Jericho vs. Taker. And as far as Kane goes, like Austin, Kane is one of Taker's greatest rivals. This is likely to be Taker's match, so it's much fitting he go out to someone he has history with than a guy he has no history with.

And if you think Jericho & Taker could pull off a great match, go watch their Smackdown match from 2009. Taker doesn't need to be involved in a great match, he's too banged up and if he goes out of his way to pull off a great match, he'll risk injuring himself even more.

Honestly no one has a realistic shot at ending the streak. If it was going to happen then it would have happened by now. HBK, Triple H, Batista, Orton, they all failed. Cena is the only huge name left and he is obviously going to be occupied. With that said you want someone who can put on the best, most exciting match possible. That man is Chris Jericho.

The original post brought up Christian and Sheamus but neither would be better then Jericho. Christian is very similar to Jericho in every way except the fact that Jericho is better in pretty much every single way. I love Christian but no way would he be a better opponent then Jericho. With Sheamus he is just too unspectacular. There's no guarantee for a great match with him and he doesn't have the star power to be toe to toe with Taker in possibly his last match.

Taker vs Jericho is the best possible match with Cena occupied with The Rock.

I like all the ideas of Sheamus, Christian, Barrett, and Jericho. Any would be a great candidate for a Taker match next year because they would either be able to get a fantastic show stealing match (Jericho or Christian) or would benefit from such a high profile feud (Sheamus or Barrett). Taker gets his 20th victim in either a show stealer or letting a new guy have a shot. WWE makes money. The fans get a great match. Everyone wins. Of course a heel Cena would be the best idea if the streak were ever to be ended, but we all know it won't be and Cena's got Rock anyhow. The best idea of the four I brought up would be Sheamus because he's already a former world champion but needs a huge feud like this to solidify him as a permanent main eventer, even at Wrestlemania. He could bring up an idea of slaying Celtic spirits to practice for the match or something. It would be a good build up.

Honestly no one has a realistic shot at ending the streak. If it was going to happen then it would have happened by now. HBK, Triple H, Batista, Orton, they all failed. Cena is the only huge name left and he is obviously going to be occupied. With that said you want someone who can put on the best, most exciting match possible. That man is Chris Jericho.

The original post brought up Christian and Sheamus but neither would be better then Jericho. Christian is very similar to Jericho in every way except the fact that Jericho is better in pretty much every single way. I love Christian but no way would he be a better opponent then Jericho. With Sheamus he is just too unspectacular. There's no guarantee for a great match with him and he doesn't have the star power to be toe to toe with Taker in possibly his last match.

Taker vs Jericho is the best possible match with Cena occupied with The Rock.

This.

Jericho needs to return in a few months and start teasing it before starting the feud with Undertaker forcing Jericho to complete challenges to be worthy or something to face undertaker and then in the last few weeks have Jericho get the best of Undertaker.Hell even have Jericho have the Undertaker in the Walls as SmackDown goes of the air before Wrestlemania to make people believe he could have that small chance of winning.

And Jericho vs Undertaker is the biggest draw you could have if HHH is to vs Miz.Sheamus and Christian unless they become top draws and somehow outdraw Jericho, still wouldnt have as great of a match as Jericho/Taker in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back