The Undertaker

WWE4EVA!

Occasional Pre-Show
While watching WrestleMania the other night I thought to myself how well The Undertaker looked and the possibility of him sticking around for a while after Mania, Now on Raw last night they teased a match between Team Hell No and The Undertaker vs The Shield. This match is going to happen at a Live Event but do you think They will have a Match at Extreme Rules and then Undertaker will go on his hiatus.

So I have a few Questions

1. Was it just me or did Undertaker look well during his match with CM Punk?

2. If The Undertaker and Team Hell No fight The Shield, who do you see winning?

I was surprise to see Taker on Raw and the foreshadowing of a feud. It was good to see because the last two years he could barely walk out of Mania.

The match with the Shield is intriguing. When there were rumors about Taker's health I thought this could be a good option for Mania. I'm not sure what they do with this. They could have the Shield win and make them look very very strong by beating, possibly inuring, the Undertaker. If Kane, Taker and Bryan win I think it is a waste. They don't need it and they should use it as a chance to end Team Hell No. Possibly a Bryan heel turn (although i don't want it) because he didn't really fit in between Kane/Taker.

I don't think it would neccessarily hurt the Shield to lose to this team, they have to be stopped eventually but what they have done well is beat people they wouldn't be expected to beat and do so convincingly. A hard fought match against such experienced wrestlers could make them even bigger even in defeat, with them possibly winning the tag titles at some point during the feud. Undertaker certainly looks like he can still put on a good match with anyone, despite his limitations with CM Punk, the match was still good enough

2. If The Undertaker and Team Hell No fight The Shield, who do you see winning?

If The Shield win, I think that it will be due to a fourth member joining them. If it is true that a couple of NXT wrestlers will be coming up, and if one ends up being a male, then that would possibly be what happens. I'm not saying that they need another member, but that it is a prediction.

This is a good way to start getting the Shield into singles matches as well as the group... It's pretty clear that Dean Ambrose is going to be the guy who faces Taker one on one in the end and probably will go over him (though probably not for the streak, it would make him for ever if it was).Rollins/Bryan is an ROH matchup that will make big waves in WWE and Reigns and Kane are a good match physically.

It also gets the Tag Titles/Freebird rule into play as well. I'd expect this to start with Hell No losing the straps next week and potentially injuring Bryan, forcing the Shield v The Brothers Of Destruction.

Taker did better at Mania than I expected, but not by much, Punk carried him much of the match, even doing his spots for him like Old School but I think Tag competition is best for him now and over as Hell No are, Brothers Of Destruction are far more over...

So Brothers of Destruction feud with Shield and eventually cause the loss when Bryan returns, setting up the one on one portion of the feud...

If Taker is going to hang it up after WM 30, this could set up his final match/feud. Maybe have a 3v3 at Extreme Rules, with the stipulation that if Kane or DB is pinned then Hell No loses the Tag Titles. Have Kane take a triple power bomb through a table or something for the pin, after the match maybe DB kinda gets in his face about how he was the Tag Team Champions all along and Kane lost it for him. Kane could snap and destroy DB, and then turn his refound rage on Taker, "injuring" Taker in the process. Kane could feud with DB over the summer, then next year around Royal Rumble time Taker returns and challenges his brother to a match at WM 30, his final match.

Taker does look good, overall better than he has in the past couple of years. His match with Punk was extremely good and it didn't look as though it was as physically grueling as his previous bouts with Triple H. It's been said that Taker was pretty hurt following both those matches, but he looked right as rain on Raw last night.

The tease of a potential match against The Shield, with Taker teaming with Kane & Daniel Bryan, is certainly interesting. I saw a picture posted in an article on wrestlinginc.com this morning in which Kane, Bryan & Taker all did the "last ride" pose as they were walking up the ramp while Raw was on commercial. One has to assume that something is going to come of this, otherwise why not simply have The Shield attack Taker as they have everyone else? If Taker wasn't sticking around, being taken out by The Shield is a logical means of writing him off television for the rest of the year.

With CM Punk, allegedly, taking time off to heal, WWE could use Taker as a means of helping to boost ppv buys for Extreme Rules. After all, The Rock's days as a wrestler might well be over. It's being reported that the tear he suffered was pretty bad and might require surgery, which could result in his Hercules movie being put on hold until he heals up, or they might re-cast the title role altogether. It's highly doubtful he'll recover in time. If Taker feels up for it, putting him in a six man tag match with Team Hell No would be a good way to protect him. The Shield could lose their first match or gain another big win, this time over a team in which Taker is part of.

I was very surprised to see him on RAW and to see that they were teasing a feud with The Shield. Maybe 'Taker said he'd come back for one more sustained run, leading into his final match at next year's WM, if his body held up at WM 29.

At WM 29, Taker looked better than I thought he would. Based on some people's reports, I thought he wasn't even going to be able to walk but given his age, size, and the beating his body has taken, he looked good enough for maybe a few more matches.

This feud with the Shield is good because it will be a tag match. Maybe do a couple of tag matches with him maybe, one or two singles matches on a couple PPVs, then put him on the shelf for a couple months, then bring him back for another match or two, then have his final match at WM 30.

There was no reason for WWE to tease a feud with The Shield unless 'Taker is actually going to feud with them.

Maybe Taker is going on a farewell tour?Maybe he knows Wrestlemania XXX is his last so he figures wrestle 2 or 3 mid season PPV's and build up to retirement win or lose match.

whoever keeps saying Punk carried the undertaker around is nuts. Taker wouldn't have come back to be carried throughout or wrestle half assed. the fact that Taker is 48 and can go at the level he does is a testament on who he is. hell if anyone noticed though, within the last 3 years or so, he hasn't done the big "spots" like old school etc. he's always been tossed off or pushed or something. only taker will know when it's time for him to go and him staying after mania just shows he still has gas left in the tank

I agree with Click with the exception of the Old School part. He did it to Triple H i believe at 28 and he also did it to Damien Sandow not to long ago during his House Show return. However, as the for WM 30 being his last match i doubt it. I mean seriously, we don't know when he will retire and every year people guess his last match to be that Mania or the Mania after they always end up wrong. I say we stop guessing and enjoy what he has left.

In my opinion I think he's back semi full time. He's already started a feud obviously with the Shield. Look at it this way, for the past couple years that Taker has had injuries he wouldn't even show on the Raw after Mania he would just be gone for most of the year and then come back. However, he showed a feud started so its obvious he's back for a while.

If he was retiring anytime soon or if his health is really AS bad as others have said it is he wouldn't have shown at Raw. He's obviously a lot healthier looking. Punk didn't carry The Undertaker, Taker carried himself. Taker wouldn't wrestle a match where he has to be carried, he's a traditionalist. If he had to be carried in a match he wouldn't even show for it. Taker looked solid and strong during his match with Punk, a lot better than he has for the past three years. It's good to see Taker in better condition and I look forward to seeing his future feuds.

I can't remember which thread I said it in but I mentioned that Taker along with Kane should feud with The Shield after Wrestlemania and have a 2-on-3 Handicap match with them at Extreme Rules. I don't mind Bryan in there though to even the numbers and him & Kane can do most of the work in the match, protecting Taker from getting badly injured. I can't think of a better way to send Taker packing for another year than The Shield putting him on the shelf. It would make the group look even more dangerous beating and taking out, of all superstars, The Phenom. And like JH said, with Punk, Rock & Brock not likely to appear at the PPV so they can heal up from injuries, they'll need a big name like Taker to jack up PPV buys.

I just wonder what the stipulation would be. 6-Man Hell in a Cell? 6-Man Street Fight?

I don't think Taker fans come any bigger than me. If he wasn't going to be working Mania I wouldn't have paid my SEVENTY bucks (seriously). It's hard for me to say it but I think he left his best Mania matches on the mat at last years' Mania. Had he or HHH decided to hang up the tights after that match I don't think any of us would have blamed them. The match with Punk was nothing compared to what Taker has done or what he did last year. I wish the match hadn't happened. It didn't entertain me at all. We expected Punk to carry Taker and it's obvious he didn't have to. Anyone else, including the Shield can't really be trusted to protect him in the ring. He doesn't need newbies or rookies handling his body or what's left of his career. I've always said when Taker leaves wrestling I leave with him. I've also wanted to see Taker in a Mania match but never really expected him to grow older and leave. I'd give my right arm to see him inducted into the HOF someday. Overall, he should end on a high note.

I like Taker as well, first time I ordered a PPV, was WM7 and have been a fan ever since, even got into the business, I think a 6 man program would be great if he wants to come back, It could do alot for the Shield, and Undertaker can throw a promo with the best of them. Noone will disagrees Kane and DB are a great pair in and of themselves. Undertaker is getting old and has far surpassed anyone of his size and age and workload, yet can still put on a 5 star match with guys half his age. I think this program could be a great thing for the Shield, and Bryan. If it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back