The Undertaker Returns - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!!!

I haven't read every comment but I agree that Taker vs. HHH II was a great slow paced match. I guess people won't like the slow paced style but that's their personal choice, however you can't say both men didn't put on a great match. Too many Tombstone's in my opinion though. It should have just had HHH hit a Tombstone and Taker not have the opportunity, it would have sold the finish with Taker after the match even more.

Wig or no wig, who really cares? We all know what he looks like with short hair so why do any of you care? People change their look, it happens. However I agree with whoever said he doesn't look great but the man is coming towards being 50, he will look a bit worse for wear and of course he's smaller in size, the older you get the weaker you become, Taker has lost a lot of strength over the years so he will be smaller. It amazes me how some people still seem to act as if Taker is super human and he won't age lol!

As far as the return itself I have my doubts about the third WM match between these two. Both are great in-ring workers however age is the factor and neither really wrestle much now. I just honestly don't see what they can do different this year compared to last. They pulled out the big false finishes, they had HHH using the Tombstone, what's more they can do?

The pace will be slow again, the PG Rating still restricts the type of match/what they can do, they can't use the same structure as last year.

I'm not against these 2 having a match, I'm not against the feud, I'm just against it being at WM. I know there is no other place for it to happen but I can't see how they'll pull it off.

Also Taker letting HHH put a hand on him, even if it wasn't aggressive, surely UT should have given him a chokeslam or something?! That was the worst bit to me, it made UT come off too human, too weak, too normal, but on the flip side it's given me niggling doubt that they may stop the streak...

Firstly the argument that the Undertaker has gotten old should be stopped. Hes 46. While he of course is no longer in his prime there are wrestlers who have wrestled good matches beyond the age of 50. Shawn Michaels is his age btw. He was putting on 5 star matches till his last match. And if he were to come back nobody would be saying shawn michaels is pushing 50 and he should stop wrestling. Shawn Michaels was the best WWE had to offer and a couple of years ago nobody was saying Shawn Michaels was a spotlight hogger which according to the logic of the IWC, both him and HHH were. But as is a common procedure of the IWC. Fuck Logic. I loved HBK, HHH,Taker and especially the Rock regardless of them hogging spotlights or main events because they put on good shows. When guys like Punk, DB and Sheamus reach their level Ill start complaining that the old guys hog up the show.

Kevin Nash and Sting both are over 50 and can still put on good matches.

Im not saying that hes not old and theres no reason he shouldnt put on a 5 star match which he beyond all doubt will but that argument doesnt really hold a lot of merit compared to other wrestlers well past their prime.

Undertaker although carried away on a stretcher (which I believe was a stunt btw), if he wants can easily put in another 2 years in the business NOT COUNTING 2011 and still not worry too much about his health. Kanes a couple of years younger than him and hes working isnt he. And to me undertaker seems to be in better shape than Kane.

And anyone who thinks that HHH/Taker made you think the streak was about to be broken then ur as dumb as the youtuber commenters u call dumb. No matter what happens there was no doubt in anyones mind that taker was going to win. Everybody knew he was going to kick out but i guess to add drama they say 'Yea in that match there was a point when u actually thought the streak would be broken'. Comments like that make me laugh. The streak will never end. Why. Because its a false streak. Hes booked to win and the only thing he should be doing is putting on a good match because we all know who wins in the end.

That being said.... I hate the idea of HHH/Taker III or II depending on what ur supposed to believe. HBK/Taker was a one of a kind thing that worked but I dont want to see two repeat matches 4 years in a row. Id rather see Taker/Mysterio (Mysterio is one of my favs though but im trying to make a point) on WM than Taker/HHH again.

Id rather see Taker vs Kane or if u want to include HHH make it Taker/Kane/HHH. That would actually look cool. But Im hoping for a Kane/Ryder at WM as well so lets see. In any case I hope they dont put out another repeat from last years WM. With Rock/Cena, Jericho/Punk and Sheamus/DB or Barrett (I hope) and Mysterio returning as well this could turn out to be one epic wrestlemania

It wouldn't shock me if Taker is sick. I mean the dude has been getting his ass handed to him and still wining in WrestleMania since the Pirates started their losing streak. (anyone who knows what I'm talking about- you seriouslly NEVER noticed that the two consided with each other???) Still glad he's back, but I want to see him vs Kane AND Cena. I know he had a handicapped match at WrestleMania a while ago but still, it'd be an interesting end to his career.

Definately a wig... Im sure you could see on the side the his hair was shaved around the ears.

On this topic, if it is to be Triple H vs Undertaker III, which I suspect it will be.. It has to be a last man standing match.

Last year had no rules, the first one was basically a street fight. This one can't be a wrestling match, it won't be a HITC at mania therefore it has to be LMS, especially given the nature of the finish last year.

@BASSER911414

Why should that argument be stopped? Comparing HBK to UT based on their age has nothing to do with the argument. Here's the biggest thing you over-looked.

UT is a larger guy, both in height, weight and muscle mass compared to HBK. A lot of what UT does in the ring requires strength and power (even if the other guy is assisting you and making it easier!) and that means UT's age becomes a factor, as I stated before he will lose strength and muscle mass in getting older. He's larger than his natural size and weight should be, it's not easy to keep that. HBK on the other hand is a smaller guy, he doesn't use as much power and strength in matches, his fitness stays up due to average weight lifting and more cardio and HBK is not at a large weight, I walk around just under HBK's weight naturally. So they for one can't be compared and two the age is a factor.

To further that argument look at the injuries UT has had, especially the hip surgery. This SERIOUSLY limits you, especially in physical jobs. A professional football player wouldn't be playing after a hip surgery, yet UT still battles through. Then you have his recent shoulder injury, this one is a severe injury, it means UT CAN'T perform regularly and odd matches could still cause significant damage. Now age clearly is a factor as injuries take longer to heal, they don't heal as well and it's easier to re-injure yourself.

I won't get started on your comparisons of Kane and UT based on their health, as I've already shown enough to prove that age is a factor and UT is NOT in better shape than most. You have to bare in mind that different wrestlers have suffered different injuries and done different things in-ring that means a wrestler at 50 may be able to move like a 30 year old but another guy at 50 may move like he's 50.

You personally don't believe the streak will end. Yes it is a "false" streak and he is booked to win, but who's to say they don't book him to lose? Are you on creative, have you joined VKM's kiss my ass club and been sucking up to him to keep the streak going? No I didn't think so, therefore it is only of your opinion that the streak will never end. I hate the ignorance of some people who pass opinion off as fact. Oh and just a side note but you also contradicted yourself in that statement. You called people dumb for thinking the streak may have been broken yet said the only thing he should be doing is putting on a good match. Okay so how does someone put on a good match when majority of people already believe UT will win? You have HHH hit him with a Tombstone and the false finish. What you basically said is you want UT to go in, whoop ass, leave as a winner all while looking good. Think before you try to insult people next time and you might have better luck at it.

You don't want to see HHH vs. Taker III but you do want Kane vs. Taker III? How does that make sense, you talk about not wanting another repeat of a match then say you do? Again contradicting yourself.

I liked how HHH stood there and showed absolutely no fear or response...then pat taker on the back like ive moved on old buddy...WWE should do a who will taker face storyline where no one wants to face him then someone emerges and sneak attacks him or takes out his would be challenger.

The game shouldnt do that match, but for now who else is there?

The focus is to reach 20-0. Yes Taker looks old and week and ofcourse HHH vs taker will be boring match. I was hoping for a Brock lesnar return at the Royal rumble and Brock vs Taker match would have been historical. But that would downplay the Rock vs Cena match. I think the best option was taker should have shown up at wrestlemania direct answering to open challenge from The Miz or Drew Mcintyre. If its Drew he is facing and taker wins, niether wrestlers looses their streak.

I loved every second of Taker's return. There have been a good amount of Undertaker returns over the years, but I will always go nuts, when The Deadman decides to make another comeback. When the gong sounds, and the lights go out, you know something big is about to happen, and Taker can still provide a mesmerizing moment, with his slow, methodical walk to the ring. The live crowd gave Taker a strong reaction, and The Undertaker character still has plenty of mystique left. This return did feel genuinely shocking, because all of my attention was focused on the situation with John Laurinaitis, and I never expected a Taker return so early. We're still in January, so there's plenty of time for Taker to make a comeback, and WWE could have built a respectable Wrestlemania storyline at a later date. At this point in Taker's career, the streak really sells it self, so WWE doesn't need a long period of time to build a ton of hype. Anyway, Undertaker's presence STILL demands attention, the tension between Triple H and Taker was great, and the live crowd ate everything up.

Triple H will eventually accept the challenge for a match at Wrestelmania, but it will take some time. Triple H's character probably wants to focus on the business side of the WWE from now on, and he's traded in his tights for a suit. But The Deadman will probably goad Triple H into the match over the next few months, and eventually HHH will accept. Taker will continue to play mind games and taunt Triple H until he accepts the challenge. This storyline could draw some parallels to the Punk/Triple H feud last year. Taker will continue to push Triple H's buttons until he can't take anymore, and the businessman will have to become the wrestler again. He will have to become The Game, The Cerebral Assassin, The King Of Kings, because this is the man, who will have to fight Taker at Mania 28.

Both of their Wrestlemania matches were very enjoyable, and both men should deliver another high quality encounter at this year's mania. Triple H can still go in the ring, and Taker always delivers at the big show. Yeah, I know, he's getting up there in age, but Taker's consistency at Mania over the years has been unreal. The Deadman always brings the goods, when the streak is on the line. Mark Calaway is getting older, his body is banged up, but I know I will see a good match at Mania, because Taker has a proven track record of high quality matches at Wrestlemania, and he hasn't disappointed in a long time.

I was pulling for Triple H/Taker III, because a third match with Kane would've been dreadful, and I'm glad WWE went with the better option here.

If they book another HHH-Taker match then they have officially run out of ideas. So every Taker Mania match has to have a rematch now? Even me being a huge HHH fan don't want to see a repeat because it is just too similar and too soon to how HBK and Taker was booked.

Make it Taker vs Henry or Taker vs Barrett or even Taker vs Miz.

Taker vs HHH is a proven commodity. Whoever the guy is that questioned whether or not Taker doing a stretcher job was a gimmick or not, of course it was, Snapperhead. People piss and moan about there being no long term booking. Well, the E has given us a year build to Cena vs Rock, and the same for Taker vs HHH. My bet is that this has been the plan for a year.

I liked how HHH stood there and showed absolutely no fear or response...then pat taker on the back like ive moved on old buddy...WWE should do a who will taker face storyline where no one wants to face him then someone emerges and sneak attacks him or takes out his would be challenger.

I like this idea. WWE.com are definitely saying the Undertaker has challenged HHH, but making it appear as if HHH has turned the challenge down.

Now, they could run with an angle of no one, like the right honourable Krossbreed stated, wants to challenge Taker, because the superstars all know the streak cannot be broken, even by the best such as HBK and HHH, so they see it pointless - why book yourself into a match you're going to lose?

Taker could show up sporadically on Raw and Smackdown interrupting promos of his past Wrestlemania opponents (Kane, Orton, Big Show, Henry, Nash...) and issuing the challenge - "break the streak and allow me to rest in peace", but they all refuse.

Until the one man who deems himself insane enough, who has been through Hell and back with the Undertaker, the one man who knows the Undertaker inside-out, steps up to take the challenge, and face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania for the first and final time...

Mick Foley

This is an interesting twist to the formula. Usually, since the Streak has become so prominent, it is somebody challenging Taker to a match. Whilst HHH did say around Slammy time that he wanted a rematch, last night was definitely Taker laying the challenge down to HHH. Taker wants the match. But HHH doesn't, or so it seems.

So why did HHH not respond, other than walking out? Well, lets face it, Triple H gave Taker three (yes, three) Pedigree's, a Tombstone, a spinebuster through a table, chair shots including one to the head, and more. And he still lost. What else can Triple H do?

I think people who are suggesting that this opens the door for a Kane match are being premature. As has been mentioned by a couple of guys, I can see this leading to Triple H having to choose between the job as COO and the match between Taker. Unless WWE pull out a huge shock, I cannot see Triple H turning the match down. The question is, where do they go with it. They had a standard match back at X7, and I seriously doubt they'll go from having a No Holds Barred match to a standard match. The ONLY match I can see them having in that case, and I know the reaction this will get, is a Hell in a Cell match.

It would make the most sense in terms of escalating the matches. And, both men are synonymous with the Cell, and both have the best records in there, yet have not met within the steel walls. It'd step the brutality up a notch, and the Cell is the ultimate match to end a feud. As much as I want to see this match, and as much as I feel that it would be the logical choice, I doubt this will happen. I seriously doubt it. But one thing I do not doubt at this moment is that HHH will be Taker's streak opponent.

The problem is, the streak match is so important, WWE will take the safe option on it rather than take a risk. Wade Barrett was earmarked as a possible opponent for Taker a while back, but his development has only really happened in the last six months. Apart from him, who can you see on the roster that could be a legit threat to the streak? Moreover, who on the roster could be a bigger threat than HHH? On that basis, HHH is the safest choice for a decent match at Mania. He and Taker have worked with each other numerous times, they know each other, they know their limits, they know what they can and can't do, so it's the best option in that respect. They could have taken a risk with Barrett, or someone else, but there's no guarantee it'd work. HHH isn't just established, he's close to, if not on the same level as Taker in terms of legend. Automatically, the match looks good, better than if you put someone like Miz or Henry into the match.

I'm looking forward to seeing exactly where they go with Taker this year. And if Taker wrestles on after this years Mania. 20-0 would be a pretty sweet record to go out on, wouldn't it?

@Y2eh 2.0

I completely agree that this has been in the works since the last match between HHH and UT. However I think the reason is that they want to send HHH out with a big final match.

I can't see HHH wrestling more than 1 or 2 matches more, same with UT.

But I still believe that WWE will make a huge deal out of UT's last match. HHH isn't going anywhere technically, he'll still be on TV in a business role but his time in-ring is coming to an end. Like him or not HHH is one of the best in-ring workers ever and there's not a much more fitting way to end your in-ring career than against UT.

But then my question would have to be, who does UT end his career with at WM next year? To me there is no other star on the roster that could give him justice right now. So could this possibly see the end to both men in-ring? Could they be playing down UT's final match, or will they build this towards it?

There is a lot of unanswered questions and things to think about with this one, which again is why I believe it's a great choice to go with HHH vs. UT III.

The most important question of all is as follows though and I really want to know what people think about this;

It's a known thing that when you leave that you put other guys over for your final month and you lose your last match, effectively passing the torch. Now this may not happen today but with an old school guy like Undertaker, he's bound to do it so here are the important questions;

Will they have Undertaker's final match at WM as The Streak will end?
If they don't then what PPV would it be at?
Could we see a draw this WM, as both HHH and UT effectively lose then?

I don't know if I want to see HHH versus Taker again at WM. I'd rather see a young guy (Barrett, Sheamus, Miz or Ziggler) get some exposure and a rub from wrestling Taker at WM. I'm not saying I want one of those guys to break the streak, but if they push taker to the brink like HHH/HBK did they could build momentum for the rest of their career. HHH and HBK didn't use that momentum at all right after those matches and it was sorta wasted in my opinion.

I'm sorry, I couldn't concentrate on the "moment" last night. I was completely distracted by Takers hair. It's def a wig. Looked very plastic. Looks like he borrowed Kane's hair from his mask and just put it on under his hat. I agree with everyone else. Have him come back bald or with short hair last night. How much does it really matter? If he is going to eventually have that short hair/bald look, what better way to reintroduce him to TV than with that new look.

The fact you think HHH vs Taker at WM27 was bad, proves you know nothing lmao. Just cause there was no blood, big flips, etc. doesn't mean it was a slow garbage match.

It was exactly what the story was building to be. Alot of high impact moves and a lot of desperate moves by both guys.

Was it as good as Taker/HBK 1, NO....but it was Taker's second best WM match, easily!!!! If it wasn't for Punk/Cena it would have been match of the year hands down.

Glad to see Taker back, he and HHH are the masters of psychology and legitimate legends who can still give a better match than 90% of the workers out there. Their match this year will be very good.

A couple things:

Undertaker did not look like himself last night. He looked kinda sickly in my opinion. There was just something about him that didn't look right.

Anyway, I'm assuming that HBK will be the special guest referee for this match.

Also, I would not put it past Vince McMahon or Triple H to somehow have this match end in a draw. Think about it. Undertaker's streak isn't ever defined as a winning streak, it's always defined as an "undefeated streak." This means if they somehow have it end in a draw (both men pass out or something) then the streak stays intact (Undertaker didn't lose) but yet Triple H gets all the credit for coming the closest to beating Undertaker at Wrestlemania (by not losing).

I also like how people were complaining about Taker/Kane 3 around this time last year because "the rivalry was stale". But now it all of a sudden isn't? LMAO!!! This is why WWE doesn't give a shit about what you people say, you don't know what you want.

And to those complaining about how "bad" the HHH/Taker match was last year (which is bullshit, easily one of the best Mania matches ever, period, story-telling 101) and are asking for Foley/Taker instead are f'n delusional. Even Foley says he isn't really confident in his current state to have a good match with Ziggler or Rhodes at Mania soooooo what do you think he will pull out of Undertaker?

I gotta say, the internet didn't spoil this one!

I never seen it coming. I knew he would return, but not the night after RR.
It was a great moment.

They are going with the "I know i can beat you and i dont want to break your streak and end your career" storyline here, Hunter will reveal that he does not want to beat Taker who almost lost at last WM, they roll footage, and Hunter tells us how Taker has gotten older while Hunter is even better, Taker is enraged and voila, feud begins!

He looked very off to me, that wig was not working well, he looked like some guy dressed up as him rather than the real deal

He looked very off to me, that wig was not working well, he looked like some guy dressed up as him rather than the real deal

I agree totally. He looked sick or something. I kept looking to see if it was really him during his entrance. It must have been the wig, I dunno. He just looked different.

Here is my please Vince. Please Vince, don't put HHH & Undertaker together in yet another match. Ever heard of the saying let sleeping dogs lie? Well please, let sleeping dogs lie. Don't just put these two together for a 3rd time due to there being nobody there for Taker. Perhaps maybe you shot yourself in the foot by having Kane feuding with Zack Ryder, as I'd rather have an Undertaker vs. Kane again than a HHH vs. Undertaker. Please, let this work itself out where HHH doesn't face The Undertaker again. It's redundant and overall it'll just be repackaged as the same match as last time.

A couple things:

Undertaker did not look like himself last night. He looked kinda sickly in my opinion. There was just something about him that didn't look right.

Anyway, I'm assuming that HBK will be the special guest referee for this match.

Also, I would not put it past Vince McMahon or Triple H to somehow have this match end in a draw. Think about it. Undertaker's streak isn't ever defined as a winning streak, it's always defined as an "undefeated streak." This means if they somehow have it end in a draw (both men pass out or something) then the streak stays intact (Undertaker didn't lose) but yet Triple H gets all the credit for coming the closest to beating Undertaker at Wrestlemania (by not losing).

yes its because he is clearly wearing a wig behind the head. :D
I´think Wresltemania is going to be really good.
Punk Vs Jericho great match
Undertaker Vs Triple H gread :D
The Rock Vs Cena :D
And i´m thinking about Beth Phoenix against Karma

The more I watch over the return the more I notice or am picking up on.

What just hit me is that it appears to be leading to the final match for Undertaker.

Notice the pat on the shoulder, the way HHH did it was almost out of character. No-one does that to Taker, or if they do they end up paying. Nothing was done about HHH patting Taker's shoulder despite the fact Taker looked at HHH's hand. That's odd.

Then after HHH had left the ring it showed Taker looking up at the WM sign again and did anyone see that flicker of raw emotion in his eyes? Almost like he doesn't want it to end but that's where it will? Again it's odd for Undertaker's character to seem THAT human.

I'm lost as to what's going on now. Completely lost. From those two things I stated above it would appear as this will be the final outing for Undertaker and that the pat on the shoulder was almost a "here goes, this is the start of the end, we'll miss you buddy" type thing. Both men genuinely looked to be preparing for their final goodbyes.

Of course a lot of people will get annoyed and rant how a younger guy should get a UT match at WM instead of HHH and I agree, however if this is the final match for both guys, it's a fitting end.

I wouldn't want to see HHH end his career against Sheamus or Taker end his against Wade. Yes it would push the younger guys but we're talking about two legends here, two guys who are arguably the best ever. What better way to end both in-ring careers than against each other?

As people have suggested, Last Man Standing. I am firmly behind that now with the outcome being a draw. Neither guy wins or loses their last match, the streak remains and both guys go out with the heart of a champion. It would be a perfect ending BUT it would HAVE to go on last.

Why the wig? I mean, if he's gonna have another Mania match then the hat and wig will come off so why do you have him return with a wig? I prefer Taker with long hair but there really is no point to have him return with fake hair when he's actually bald because we're gonna find out sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back