• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The show will be stopping next year..

I think he should win the Rumble and go on to challenge the WWE Champion, Edge, at WM26 in a Title vs Career match. Everyone will expect him to lose and retire, but I say have him win. Then the next night on Raw have him say that it's been a good run, but HBK is going to call it a career while he's on top and have him retire as champ.

Not only does that send off HBK on top, as a reward of sorts for being one of the only top stars to stay with WWE through his entire career, but it also sets up the next WWE Title storyline. An epic tournament to determine the next champ. I'm not talking about some 2 or 3 week crappy tournament that ends with Backlash, I'm talking 32 guys from all 3 brands competing over a couple months with all sorts of intertwining storylines going on (people screwing other, friends turning on each other, Ted DiBiase using his father's money to "buy" his way into the final 4).

This was the best idea of the bunch for a few reasons:
1) Shawn Michaels is one of the Top 2-3 Royal Rumble performers ever. Royal Rumble 1995 is one of my personal favorite matches, with HBK-Bulldog going wire to wire. 1996 was about redemption and the culmination of the WWE's best written story ever. Winning the Royal Rumble one last time puts HBK alongside Stone Cold as the only men to win 3 Rumbles and solidifies him as the greatest Post-Hogan superstar ever.

2) Winning the title at Wrestlemania 26 allows Michaels to put the stamp on his self-imposed "Mr. Wrestlemania" title. Regardless of who the opponent is (Edge would be a great choice, as they lack history similar to HBK-HHH, HBK-Cena, etc.), winning the title and retiring on top is how the Shawn Michaels story should end.

3) A Huge tournament to determine a new champion would be epic. 32 men seems to be the perfect number too, because then you get to see some guys who normally aren't in the title picture getting a shot at glory. Have the rounds of 32 and 16 happen over a 2 week period on Raw & Smackdown, leaving 8 men and 7 matches for Backlash. One of the things WWE used to do right was having complete tournaments occur on PPV (1993/1994/1995 King of the Ring, 1998 Survivor Series Deadly Games, etc.). Thus, Backlash 2010 would be the 8 man tourney to crown the new Champion. This would re-establish the Belt as something worth fighting for, as someone will have to win 3 matches in one night to be crowned Champion.

Great idea Bowzer....you're the 1st poster on this site filled with marks, babies, and whiners to have an opinion I agree with!!!

For the love of god WWE! Please! Don't let HHH be HBK's final opponent at WM 26. It's already predictable that HHH would win because Michaels will put him over. I can already see the weeks of build up now. HHH going on and on about beating HBK and becoming the new Mr.Wrestlemania. HHH... please retire already! I am sick and tired of seeing this guy win and constantly using his backstage pull to move himself closer to beating Flair's 16 world title reigns. It's sad that HHH is striving for this because it also means he's lost the title so many times. Sad part truly is, that this guy considers himself one of the all time greats of wrestling. In reality, he's just good on the mic and happened to be lucky enough to become Vince McMahon's son in law. I wonder where he'd really be at if he hadn't ever come across Stephanie McMahon. Bottom line is, HHH will never be in the same league as guys like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin or the The Rock. It's just fact.

As for HBK's final opponent at WM 26... has anyone not thought of Jeff Hardy. It's a risk to take because Jeff has been off and on over the past few years but his fan base is huge. Imagine Jeff Hardy getting a pinfall victory over HBK at a Wrestlemania. Talk about a moment. And I'm not even creating this scenario as a Jeff Hardy fan... I just can see it being huge. Something to ponder over until next year.

i think hbk last opponent should be not triple h not y2j not taker but maybe orton reason why legened killer! bar none see hbk should face orton in a match that nevers happed at mania at that match would be called a last man standing the stip would be like the loser leaves wwe for good. but we know that hbk will come back. they always come back.

I'm surprised nobody has said John Morrison for HBK last match. If he gets drafted away from Miz he can be pushed to the moon over the next year, in time for WM26.

As for an Epic match for HBK to go out with, the only dream match I have him in is with The ROCK. But theres about a 1 in a million chance that would ever happen.

Shawn will lose is last match because he likes to put people over now I mean he put Davri over on raw a couple years back. Im suprise this name hasent come up CMpunk seems to be a good choice to me. This is how you do it you cmpunk cash in the mitb and wins the wwe title then you have shawn micheals get same treatment as ric fliar but this time by vicky where if he lose he has to retire. Then have shawn win the royal rummble. then he chose to wrestle cmpunk and he loses. This could help cmpunk career a lot. and i think it would be a great match

Yeah I don't want HHH retiring the guy, but at the same time a complete mid carder doign it would ruin the moment IMO. Jericho is the perfect option IMO as although they'd had their fair share of matches i nthe past, it's no secret than HBk is one of Y2J's favourite wrestlersand WM XIX shows they can produce the goods.

Shawn is picky about who he puts over.... and if it doesn't happen before WM26 I think he should put over John Morrison.
You keep hearing how Morrison is similiar to Shawn. Other than Morrison just isn't that good on the mic, he does however have all the skills to perform up to shawns caliber!

Leading into WM26... Morrison is the IC title holder, he's doing his cocky promos, where no one can touch him at the palace of wisdom. At this point we know shawn is going to have a last match at WM26 and his promos are in search of an opponent....

Morrison ego needs this match, not only with shawn but to show him up on a ladder!?! Hmmmm....

WWE is working to better the IC title... with a Morrison run. A shawn WWM26 win and retire. Will complete a whole lot of goals. Bring Morrison to the top, give shawn his last WM match on top. And give the IC title back its glory!

First how we should all realize when wrestlers say this or that about their last match, we must take it with a grain of salt. These guys are night and day about when they will hang it up.
Second, he NEEDS TO LOSE TO AN UPCOMING STAR! Wrestling is FAKE! The Ric Flair retirement match was good, but after its over it did nothing for the WWE. HBK losing to HHH is pointless. HHH is as over as he will ever be. I don’t know who would be a good choice, because it’s a year away. But put someone over. As for him ending the Taker’s streak, that’s just plain stupid. He ends the streak and retires??? What the hell??? What good would that do for the industry? You have to look down the road in this business and what’s good for the company, the fans, and the storylines.
Third, another title run is not in the works. Should he have gotten one? Maybe, but right now for the BUSINESS it would not benefit anyone to put the strap on HBK.

Let me go on record yet again with this statement...There is no one in the Wrestling business that has had more influence in his/her career than HBK. Everything that wrestling is today is because of HBK. DX was revolutionary, his style of wrestling was revolutionary, his style of "selling" was revolutionary, and his comeback was/is still beyond belief. JR said it best when he said,"If Ric Flair is the number 1 greatest wrestler of all-time, its hard to argue that Shawn Michaels isn't 1a." If Mania 26 is his last match, than he deserves it and I'll be sad to see THE GREATEST performer to go out, but at least he'll be on top."

Now to answer your questions, Shafe...

1. I personally think HBK should've won the belt off Cena at Mania 24 and WWE had Cena chase the belt through the summer. But, it's true that HBK doesn't want the belt and if he won it he'd probably have to be a little lenient with that relaxed schedule Vince has him on. Also, the real reason he doesn't have the belt is because...unlike Hogan, HBK likes putting over young talent!!! You are right about him being picky about who he puts over but if you notice he has a current theme of WHO he puts over...guys that will A. Help the company B. Are passionate about the business.

2. There is no clear cut answer...Dream scenario is HBK wins the Rumble for the record third time and chooses to face the WWE Champion at Mania...that champion??? UNDERTAKER! This time with an HBK win! Streak over, New Champion, Hall of Fame ending to a Hall of Fame career! I think this possibly could happen, set up UT/HHH or UT/Orton for the next year and play it out till Mania. You can't say that UT wouldn't do the job for him either with all the mutual respect those two have for each other. I think the logical choice is a career vs. career match with either Jericho or HHH. HHH would make sense because of the friendship/honor aspect that those guys have. Jericho is a dream scenario for WWE. I truly think that they only have about another year with the current Jericho gimmick, which is brilliant by the way, giving them a good year to push Jericho in a big way. Plus, they already have a great basis for the feud!!! Remember Jericho HATING the WWE Legends, Hating Ric Flair, Stomping on the watch that HBK had given to him?!?!?! This has all the linings to feud Jericho with either Flair or HBK. I'll go on record as saying that HBK-Jericho at WM19 is seriously one of the greatest Mania matches in history! The match would make the show AND seemingly put Jericho instantly face if done right and in line for a monster push until its Jericho's turn to possibly call it quits at WM27. Another possibility is FLAIR! Think about it...HBK ends his career with the man whose career was ended by HBK. It would be a great way to end HBK's career and give Flair one more match.

what an idea from before!!! Have HBK vs whomever in the final match for the title. For arguements sake, say its against HHH. Says HBK tells HHH he's retiring after WM26 and wants that last match to be with his best buddy. So teh match happens and HBK pulls off the win for the title. Both exhausted like Taker and HBK were after there match. Earlier in the night during the MITB ladder match, a major spot happens with four ladders, making a square shape over the ring, all off them lose balance off the ladder n all go thru tables/to the outside. a masked wrestler runs down, sets up a ladder, steals the case and runs off. much confusion...later in the night....after HBK's win, Edge's music plays much to everyone's suprise (say he was injured and was meant to be ruled out of mania) and spears michaels and wins the title.

This could set up an 8 man tournament between the MIYB competitors for the number 1 title shot and give Edge even more heat than he already has. I choose Edge, i would love it to be someone we dont suspect. Kind of like when Coach hit Shane with a chair that once. No1 saw that coming!!! lol. Maybe Benjamin or summet.

I think it will end up as HHH, But if they wanted to progress CM Punk and push him as a heel it would be a good match.

His last match should be against HHH or to add a little twist Ric Flair

Who knows thats a year from now so he can have even a bigger storyline then he did with Jericho that should be his last match

Supposely his contract will be up by then.....this is just going out on a limb but why not Kurt Angle ...both will give the audience a good match:jason:

I'm surprised nobody has said John Morrison for HBK last match. If he gets drafted away from Miz he can be pushed to the moon over the next year, in time for WM26.

As for an Epic match for HBK to go out with, the only dream match I have him in is with The ROCK. But theres about a 1 in a million chance that would ever happen.

I said John Morrison in the first post of page 2. Here was my scenario.

While it will likely be against HHH I would rather it be against an upstart who will eventually be a main eventer. A passing of the torch if you will. Remember it was Bret who made his career off that loss to the bulldog in Wembley stadium. Shawn would retire on top and push his opponent to main event level at the same time...it's a win win.

Personally...an idea for a gimick I thought up would be to push Morrison and turn him into the "new HBK." Have Melina pair with him again to redo the Sherri role and have her sing HBK's music again as his entrance and have him wear older HBK style outfits. He confronts HBK saying he is no longer the true HBK and despite his accomplishments a shadow of his former self and thus needs to leave or at least "lose his HBK name." This would eventually set up a battle for the title of HBK name at Mania between Morrison and Michaels. Michaels wins so he can retire as HBK and Morrison gets pushed. Granted you would then have to change Morrison's gimick then but it would at least get him over to feud Michaels assuming he gets a win over Michaels prior to mania.

Thoughts?

His last match should be against HHH or to add a little twist Ric Flair

I dont agree, if HBK is really serious about retiring at WM26, his last shouldnt be against HHH & especially not Ric Flair.
How would a HBK-HHH or HBK-Flair match help WWE create future main eventers? It wouldnt. HBK last match should be against a mid-carder like Morrison or someone else to get rub of him & help him become a main-eveter.

I dont agree, if HBK is really serious about retiring at WM26, his last shouldnt be against HHH & especially not Ric Flair.
How would a HBK-HHH or HBK-Flair match help WWE create future main eventers? It wouldnt. HBK last match should be against a mid-carder like Morrison or someone else to get rub of him & help him become a main-eveter.

Been wanting to debate you for a long time :)

While I don't dislike Morrison, and I want the 2 to feud during the year, why does Shawn have to eleviate him by letting him beat him in his last match? Surely, if he was good enough, he'd be able to get into the main event scene without having one match with Shawn. I think the rub from this is completely exagerated and unnecessary in a way.

Been wanting to debate you for a long time :)
It's your lucky day, only thing missing from making you a very happy girl today is NorCal coming online

While I don't dislike Morrison, and I want the 2 to feud during the year, why does Shawn have to eleviate him by letting him beat him in his last match?

I never said anything about HBK losing his last match to Morrison, they could put on a great wrestling match with Morrison coming just short of beating HBK

Surely, if he was good enough, he'd be able to get into the main event scene without having one match with Shawn. I think the rub from this is completely exagerated and unnecessary in a way.
I think he's good enough to be a main eventer once he gets away from the Miz, before he was teamed up with the Miz, he was the ECW champion & I think he was doing a pretty good job at champ, I know he was only champion because of Benoit but still he was the ECW champ

I don't kno if everyone will agree with my chhoice but I say iy should be john morrison....I kno everyone hasn't forgotton the super kick thay he gave to hbk on raw a couple months back....they could set it up where john morrison starts his singles career and be on a hot streak beatin a few top superstars than he could single out hbk somehow and have they feud start at royal rumble where hbk elimantes morrison.....however the feud starts it could push morrison to be one of the top heels of the near future

In the interview he gave, Shawn Michaels said he was gonna call it quits after WM26, but then come back to wrestling when his kids are older. This could be good because it will give him time to rehab his knee and back, as well as concentrate on his physique and fitness. This will also be a good break because it will make him happy to be with his family, and it will give the WWE a chance to give his Main Event spot to someone else, probably the person he puts over at WM26(whoever it may be).

I think since this will be his last hoorah for a few years, they might turn him heel and put the strap on him once towards WM26 so he can drop it to whoever he wrestles. He will definitely have a major role in the upcoming year. I don't think it will be someone like Triple H. HBK is still fairly young (going on 44). Flair was 60, so you knew he was gonna be done for good. It would be a slap in the face if he had a "retirement match" 2010 with someone like HHH, and then he's back wrestling in 2012. It will probably be a younger up-and-coming guy. I can see HBK turning heel and challenging Punk for the briefcase in the near future, and winning it (They'd work good together, I'm sure). He'd cash it in and win the belt to set up the match between him and CM Punk and WM26. If its not Punk, it will be someone along those lines that they want to make into Cena-type status (I'm not a big fan of Cena, either).

It's your lucky day, only thing missing from making you a very happy girl today is NorCal coming online

Where is NorCal anyway? I miss him :(

I never said anything about HBK losing his last match to Morrison, they could put on a great wrestling match with Morrison coming just short of beating HBK

Why can't they do this in a feud? It'd be quite simple, they could have a few good matches, further improve Morrison's mic skills, and even have him beat Shawn cleanly. Why does this have to take place in Shawn's final match?

I think he's good enough to be a main eventer once he gets away from the Miz, before he was teamed up with the Miz, he was the ECW champion & I think he was doing a pretty good job at champ, I know he was only champion because of Benoit but still he was the ECW champ

He does need to get away from Miz, just like Shawn needed to get away from Jannety. This could happen quite recently, have the 2 feud up until ther end of summer at least.

In the interview he gave, Shawn Michaels said he was gonna call it quits after WM26, but then come back to wrestling when his kids are older. This could be good because it will give him time to rehab his knee and back, as well as concentrate on his physique and fitness. This will also be a good break because it will make him happy to be with his family, and it will give the WWE a chance to give his Main Event spot to someone else, probably the person he puts over at WM26(whoever it may be).

Do you really think Shawn returning when his children are in their teens is a good thing? Cheyenne is turning 5 in August - that's still at the very least 8 years before she's in her teens, and who says it'll be as soon as she turns 13? We're talking about Shawn moving up his fifties quite quickly here, and we're also talking a whole new generation of fans. Do you think he'll be remembered well enough that this legacy won't be tarnished? Even as Shawn's biggest fan I can't think that hell be anywhere near as good after that long, what if he ruins all the hard work by returning?

How did Flair losing to Shawn last year elevate anyone? Him leaving or retiring doesn't have to elevate anyone or push anyone to main event. It should be against whomever he chooses same way Flair did it. I doubt he will retire next year anyway I've read he's just going to most likely seriously reduce his schedule and show up once in a while.

While I like the idea of Morrison or Jericho "retiring" Michaels, I think Orton or CM Punk would be a great choice as well.

The biggest thing going against Orton in this case would be that he is already main event, and when we are talking about an event like this a mid-carder still on the bubble would be elevated even if they lose. The plus side is his promo work is good enough (though I think could use more work) and I think he could go over Shawn for a title in the main event. However, if I had my way to book it, I would have Shawn win the title at Royal Rumble, talking about how he will retire when he loses the strap, but have him go over Orton at WM26 and the next night on Raw retire with the belt, leading to a tournament or maybe even a 6 Man HIAC at Backlash.

With Punk winning MITB again this year, it is hard to say he won't be main event by WM26 unless the writers completely drop the ball again, which means he gets no use of beating Michaels as far as elevation goes. With or without a title, I think this feud would be great. I would put Punk in as the heel talking about how Michaels held people back and didn't do what was right for the business all those years, screwing guys like Punk because they were "indy". Have him talk about how Michaels says he's changed but he knows he hasn't and he has a point to prove at WM. Michaels accepts but goes on to WM and taps to the Anaconda Vice. Next night they have his retirement party and he apologizes to all the guys he held back all those years back and praises the work of the new guys coming up the ranks.

I think overall, any of the above 4 would put on a phenomenal match with him. Any of these guys could steal the show and/or main event WM with Michaels.

People may mock me for this and please, feel free to, but i think it could possibly be John Morrison.

Okay, this is all depending if Miz and Morrison split, so bear with me...

Morrison puts up a good performance in an intercontinental title match, but loses, and continues to do so for a few weeks. HBK comes by and tells him he’s good, but he needs ‘help’. HBK then appears at ringside, giving advice, and occasionally tagging with Morrison, becoming his 'mentor' (Morrison even begins using the super kick as his finisher along with the corkscrew moonsault as a more regular finisher). Morrison begins turning face, and he and HBK are given a tag title shot, and beat ???????? (possibly Legacy) for the titles. However, at the PPV rematch (survivor series maybe?), HBK is preparing to super kick one of their opponents, as Morrison prepares the other. Morrison, however, Super Kicks HBK, and not his opponent. He then leaves the ring for HBK to lose the tag titles. Morrison then cuts a promo saying how he was sick of the 'dead weight' around his neck that was HBK, and that he was only using Morrison as one last shot at the big one, and that HBK is nothing but a has been, washed up nobody who lived in the past.

Still with me? Oh good!

They then interfere in each others’ matches for the weeks building up to the Royal Rumble, then at the rumble, morrison (afetr being eliminated himself) emliminates HBK in the latter stages. They then have an epic match on Raw which Morrison narrowly wins with a Superkick. They then have a rematch at No Way Out, which HBK wins. GM comes out and explains that as their personal tally is at 1-1, they will have a decider; a Street fight/Extreme Rules match at Wrestlemania. In the build up, Morrison lets slip that HBK is planning on retiring after WM nomatter what the result, in an attempt to unsettle HBK.

(Ladder matches are overused in the WWE, otherwise, I'd have used that. Also, theres nothing on the line for it to be a ladder match)

The match is back and forth, with many high risk spots (including Morrison hitting a corkscrew moonsault off a ladder, and HBK elbow dropping Morrison through the announcers table), until finally, the young Lion outlasts the evergreen veteran. At teh end of the match, HBK gets up, and offers Morrison his hand. Morrison looks as if he is going to refuse, however on his way out of the ring, has a change of heart, and returns to shake HBK's hand, to symbolize the passing of the torch.

This is my first post ever, so be gentle!

What do you think?????

People may mock me for this and please, feel free to, but i think it could possibly be John Morrison.

Okay, this is all depending if Miz and Morrison split, so bear with me...

Morrison puts up a good performance in an intercontinental title match, but loses, and continues to do so for a few weeks. HBK comes by and tells him he’s good, but he needs ‘help’. HBK then appears at ringside, giving advice, and occasionally tagging with Morrison, becoming his 'mentor' (Morrison even begins using the super kick as his finisher along with the corkscrew moonsault as a more regular finisher). Morrison begins turning face, and he and HBK are given a tag title shot, and beat ???????? (possibly Legacy) for the titles. However, at the PPV rematch (survivor series maybe?), HBK is preparing to super kick one of their opponents, as Morrison prepares the other. Morrison, however, Super Kicks HBK, and not his opponent. He then leaves the ring for HBK to lose the tag titles. Morrison then cuts a promo saying how he was sick of the 'dead weight' around his neck that was HBK, and that he was only using Morrison as one last shot at the big one, and that HBK is nothing but a has been, washed up nobody who lived in the past.

Still with me? Oh good!

They then interfere in each others’ matches for the weeks building up to the Royal Rumble, then at the rumble, morrison (afetr being eliminated himself) emliminates HBK in the latter stages. They then have an epic match on Raw which Morrison narrowly wins with a Superkick. They then have a rematch at No Way Out, which HBK wins. GM comes out and explains that as their personal tally is at 1-1, they will have a decider; a Street fight/Extreme Rules match at Wrestlemania. In the build up, Morrison lets slip that HBK is planning on retiring after WM nomatter what the result, in an attempt to unsettle HBK.

(Ladder matches are overused in the WWE, otherwise, I'd have used that. Also, theres nothing on the line for it to be a ladder match)

The match is back and forth, with many high risk spots (including Morrison hitting a corkscrew moonsault off a ladder, and HBK elbow dropping Morrison through the announcers table), until finally, the young Lion outlasts the evergreen veteran. At teh end of the match, HBK gets up, and offers Morrison his hand. Morrison looks as if he is going to refuse, however on his way out of the ring, has a change of heart, and returns to shake HBK's hand, to symbolize the passing of the torch.

This is my first post ever, so be gentle!

What do you think?????

Good first post Chaos. I liked it from start to finish. I sall be repping you for that.

the thing is, when I was reading that I kind of tried to imagine it playing in my head and I could. This just seems like something that the WWE would and possibly could do. Minor tweaks here and there and I could really see this going somewhere.

I like the idea of Morrison ending Micheals career because they are very similar in the way that they wrestle. Also, many people are looking to Morrison to fill the whole Micheals gap when he leaves.

I just think though, that Micheals deserves a main event match to end his career and not a mid carder. Someone like Triple H would be the best bet because you would definately feel the emotion between the 2 close friends.

i really like the idea chaos and i would have morrison be hs last match because i would definly love to see evelation of a superstar career in wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back