The Rock's Next Feud?

BASSER911414

Pre-Show Stalwart
OK... So this doesnt really need to happen but just for the sake of knowing people's opinion.

So for the last 5 years people have been looking at the Rock vs Cena as an impossible dream. An impossible dream which will come true coming April.

However after that. IF and only IF the Rock were to have another feud who would u have it be...

Lets divide it into two categories.

1) The Rock against a current superstar. Rocks still in excellent shape as seen on survivor series the man can put on a hell of a match. So we dont need to worry about him not being at his game against a younger guy. So if he were to have a feud who would it be against. Names like Punk, Miz, Bryan, Ryder, ADR, Ziggler, Orton, Barrett. Name anyone but comment on why that specific guy.

2) The Rock against a veteran. So for the sake of nostalgia the Rock against a guy who well I wouldnt say past their prime but a superstar of the previous generation. HBK, Austin, Taker, HHH, Kane anyone. Once again name anyone but comment on why that guy...

And please anyone who says that the rock should leave and not come back and let younger guys shine or whatever please dont bother commenting. This is a hypothetical post where the IF's matter and not your opinion regarding the Rocks loyalty, reputation, his promises or whatever.

For me it would be the Rock vs Punk. They've both got good promo skills, good ring work and would work very well with each other in my opinion. The second one I would choose the Rock vs HBK. Simply because it is the best match that never happened. It could still happen but not much of a chance. Although no one thought Rock/Cena would happen but look at that. Id also like to throw in Rock/Austin IV as a main event to the undercard like WM 19 just for the sake of nostalgia. Rock could pull off a win and Rock and Austin would go 2-2 at WM.

So please let the comments flow.

As the Rock said, he is never going away again so if the timing and money is right, sure he will be back part time for another fued. Less is more where The Great One is concerned. He has had his time and sporadic appearences are just what we need to make it feel more special.

1 - CM Punk obviously wants The Rock to make him famous. He is running his mouth off in interviews just like Cena was. Punk obviously has legit heat (and jealousy) with 'Dwayne' so it would make sense for them to get it on. Rock as a heel vs Punk would be much more entertaining. I don't think there is a better comedy heel EVER in WWE history - the only fear is he would destroy Punk in promos and make him look an idiot just like he did Goldberg and Hogan. For all you kids out there, watch The Rock go to work in 2003 against Austin, Hogan, Hurricane and Goldberg.

2 - Undertaker. The Rock trying to end the streak would be HUGE. If anything happens to Cena between now and WM28 then The Rock vs Taker at WM28 would be the perfect replacement. I would like to see this at WM30 if Taker can make it that far. What a main event for a special Wrestlemania!!!

Also........Rock vs HBK will NEVER EVER happen. HBK is retired. Please stop throwing his name around for potential matches!!!

I don't think you can carry a feud via satellite. Seriously. It might be working this one time, but if he tries to keep doing it, even his fans will get bored. Being all (fully scripted word-by-word, repetitive and boring) talk and zero action won't get anyone excited for long.

But if he actually does come back for real, actually being on the show in person on a weekly basis, actually wrestling at least once per month, and not being a mary-sue that must squash everything he fights, then I'll be happy to change my hostility towards him. I can't stand his promos, but his in-ring work is indeed exciting to watch.

I'd like to see him help give credibility to some of the new heels. The most logical step, storyline-wise, would be The Miz, who also has some unfinished business with Dwayne. I believe it would actually be an interesting feud, if done properly (i.e. no quashing).
He probably could put out some good matches and promos with Wade Barrett, too. And perhaps Sheamus, but this one is a face for the foreseeable future (and I don't think he should feud with a face again for the time being).

First of all. The Rock looks like he is in great shape and he is as far as being pumped and fit. His stamina tho sucks. Watch SS again and youll see that he gives it all for the little while at start. Then paces back and forth on the apron until he comes back in and finishes it. Makes me concerned about his WM match actually. How long will it last? Will it just be a slow paced overselling everything match?

His next feud? Undertaker definately. But he will probably be gone again.

I'd love The Rock to stay around for a few more years but I'd be happiest if he beats Cena then leaves. If he has to feud with more superstars, I'd like to see Miz vs The Rock. The Promos would be great. Rock/Punk would be awesome but because of all the shit CM Punk talks, he doesn't deserve that match. I'd like to see another Rock/Triple H match. That was his 2nd best feud (possible best).

new feud will be against punk. punk is probly the most popular wrestler rite now so for these 2 to get at it would be an interesting crowd reaction

old feud will be chris jericho. the way these 2 can go back and forth on the mic and in the ring will be great to see again

Only benefit I'd see from a Rock vs Punk is the Rock delibrately stiffing the dog crap outta Punks whining ass.

I'd rather see him face a heel since there is a lack of, and WWE can benefit. Punks already over as Niagra Falls, but there is a lack of legit heels that get booed outta the arena. If the Rock fueds with anyone he needs to help help a heel badly.

As the Rock said, he is never going away again so if the timing and money is right, sure he will be back part time for another fued. Less is more where The Great One is concerned. He has had his time and sporadic appearences are just what we need to make it feel more special.

1 - CM Punk obviously wants The Rock to make him famous. He is running his mouth off in interviews just like Cena was. Punk obviously has legit heat (and jealousy) with 'Dwayne' so it would make sense for them to get it on. Rock as a heel vs Punk would be much more entertaining. I don't think there is a better comedy heel EVER in WWE history - the only fear is he would destroy Punk in promos and make him look an idiot just like he did Goldberg and Hogan. For all you kids out there, watch The Rock go to work in 2003 against Austin, Hogan, Hurricane and Goldberg.

2 - Undertaker. The Rock trying to end the streak would be HUGE. If anything happens to Cena between now and WM28 then The Rock vs Taker at WM28 would be the perfect replacement. I would like to see this at WM30 if Taker can make it that far. What a main event for a special Wrestlemania!!!

Also........Rock vs HBK will NEVER EVER happen. HBK is retired. Please stop throwing his name around for potential matches!!!

I don't know if you read the article on here. HBK recently said that he would like to have another match against Austin at WM

--
But for yesterday's opponent i'd go with HBK as well just because of whats already been said. Its the greatest match that never happened.

For today's oppponent i'd go with Dolph Ziggler, just because this guy is rising very well in the company and his ring work is amazing. His mic skills are def improving as everyone can see. And he sells moves kind of like the rock, the over the top bouncing around on the floor when you get knocked down. Personally i love his selling work. I think they could put on an entertaining match.

Another feud for the Rock, if he stays with WWE after WM hmmm...Punk would be interesting as it would split the fans who love that attitude era, but the match would be awesome.Punk would say to the Rock, that he kissed ass to get to the top,while Punk wrestle to get to the top.The Rock would probably say, that he held up WWE for the Championship taking it, etc.Taker I've seen plenty of times in the past, but why not this guy..Randy Orton? I remember in 2003 when Rock returned in Miami, Randy was the IC Champ, and the Rock diss Randy, saying that if he met Randy as kids, and Rocky told Randy's Father that he will be kicking his whopping his monkey ass.Randy could play the awesome heel again, as what Rocky said to him, lit a fire under his ass, blah..blah..

I say this on every Rock related thread and this one is no exception: Get the two best 3rd generation stars of all-time in the ring together. It kinda happened already at WM20 when Evolution defeated the Rock and Sock connection, but a singles match between the Rock and Randy Orton would not only be a 5-star thriller (especially now that Ortons been gold all year) but could also produce some good segments between the two on the mic. Orton as a heel (or even a sadistic face) is great on the mic, I do acknowledge that he's average otherwise but when he's playing the sadistic ruthless character that he did in 2009 he can hang with the best of them out there, including the Great One. Turn Orton heel, give him momentum, and have him feud with the Rock in a battle of the best 3rd generation stars ever: it's just screaming legendary.

Well, it seems to me that punk is begging to get his monkey ass famous by The Rock. :blush:

All that aside, I think punk would be the right choice. Can you imagine Punk going head to head against rock in chicago? Punk's hometown, not to mention rock's largest fan base are in there. That would be HUGE.

there are a couple of really great options
in a perfect world
1. HBK. For obvious reasons. It would be a great match, and would have a great build up
2. Undertaker at WM. Rock's promos going into this would be pure gold. He would everyone convinced he would end the streak.
3. Austin at WM. Is there anyone who wouldn't want to see this again? I'll never forget Rock's speech at HoF when he teased this.

More realistically
1.CM Punk. Oh man these promos would be crazy good. Punk has shown the chip on his shoulder with Rock's name on it, and I still remember right after Punk's promo when Rock tweeted something about how he wished they crossed paths eventually. Unlike Cena, I think Punk could get at least some heat on Rock. The match itself would be good, but I don't personally think their styles would mash to make gold.
And lastly, my favorite option
2. Randy Orton. The story is already there with Randy winning Rock's last match prior to his return and with them both being third generation. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm kind of counting down the moments till Randy is heel again, and this would be a perfect way to turn him back fast. Randy's promos aren't the best but I think working with Rock could really help him in that way. The match itself would be fantastic imo.

the Rock's next feud will be either Austin or no one. SO....no one. He will go on to movies again, and come back here and there and throw out some morsels for the catchphrase monkeys. That's about it.

dont mock me for this, but other than tha great options to build up the heels like a Ziggler or a Cody or a Miz(Punk dont need it, but would be cool too) i would LOVE to see, though know it would never happen... Drew Mcintyre... anyway now that i have that foolish thought out of my head... I will lean towards IF he does one it should be Miz to get a legit heel in the company from this newer lot. and miz outwith his character in wrestling is a rock fan.

out of oldies... i'd love to see him take on Foley... i dont know why in a wrestling sense i dont know how well it would work, but these are two of the best promo guys ever in the company... no heel and face... just two guys having a disagreement that builds to WM, just have them ripping the shit into each other

I say this on every Rock related thread and this one is no exception: Get the two best 3rd generation stars of all-time in the ring together. It kinda happened already at WM20 when Evolution defeated the Rock and Sock connection, but a singles match between the Rock and Randy Orton would not only be a 5-star thriller (especially now that Ortons been gold all year) but could also produce some good segments between the two on the mic. Orton as a heel (or even a sadistic face) is great on the mic, I do acknowledge that he's average otherwise but when he's playing the sadistic ruthless character that he did in 2009 he can hang with the best of them out there, including the Great One. Turn Orton heel, give him momentum, and have him feud with the Rock in a battle of the best 3rd generation stars ever: it's just screaming legendary.

I agree with you 100% my man. Turn Randy heel and this fued could be gold. As far as the past, I would want him to face The Undertaker and try to take on the streak. It would be epic!!

If taker was in better shape i would have said taker. But dunno what kind of shape he will be in by the time he is ready to feaud with the rock. There is a good storyline for it cuz rocky said he's done everything in the business that there is to do. But he never went after wrestlemania streak. He would be seen as a legit threat.

Everything you said was cool until the "ALSO"

What part of this is HYPOTHETICAL do you NOT understand. ALSO, I am pretty sure he said that it would DEFINITELY NOT happen because HBK is RETIRED. HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, the Rock vs. HBK would be absolutely AWESOME. (Segway)

My current superstar fued for the Rock would be The Miz. It would be pure comedy at its best for some of the build up and then you let it take a serious turn closer towards the ppv. While Rock is definitely miles ahead of most when it comes to the stick(contrary to current Cena fans beliefs), The Miz can definitely carry his own weight and it would be good tv. Rock is still good enough to have a good match and the Miz again wouldn't embarrass himself, so it would definitely be worth my ppv purchase.

Now for the "old times sake" match: While Austin is my favorite wrestler I don't think it does anything for either one of them to have a match and since this is a HYPOTHETICAL thread, I would like to think about a Bret Hart vs. The Rock match. How awesome would that be?

But for the sake of a realistic HYPOTHETICAL I would say I would enjoy one more HHH vs. Rock match and this one would be a Wrestle Mania match as I am not sure if they faced one another at the big ppv before. HHH and the Rock did wonders for each others careers so it would be a fitting closing chapter to their history. While I think Austin impacted both of them MORE than one did to the other, this is the realistic fantasy match I would choose because I would rather see a heel Punk vs. a face Austin.

***Sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Hate to be the lone dissenter here but I don't want to see Rock again after WM. I'd rather WWE invest the time and energy and give the spot to someone who is an active wrestler. That "bring it by satellite" crap is so old, I can't even begin to tell you. If he would come back and do at least ONE match a month then fine I'd mark out but if he can't do at least that, maybe he should just stay away completely. I'm not hating on the Rock, I miss him on tv and I miss him wrestling but if he doesn't have the time I'm sure someone else does.

I must admit... I'm inclined to agree with a few people on here. So here goes.
Current Roster
1. Randy Orton- This is my first pick. He actually did have a beef with The Rock coming back... initially. Now the only one talking trash is CM Punk. But Randy has really grown over the years and would put on an amazing match with The Rock.

2. CM Punk- Simply cause he's been asking for it basically... even though I think Rock would bury him in promos.

3. Cody Rhodes- I think he would be a great choice for the same reason people named Randy Orton. Use the fact that they have generations of family in the business. Rock can talk about whooping up his dad and his brother as well as his father and grandfather whipping Rhodes' family. (basically the same promo he cut against Randy Orton when he was still young and the IC champ).

Old Roster
1. Undertaker- Seriously... Rock's promo's would leave serious doubt about whether Taker could win it. Considering HHH got people thinking he'd actually win, the Rock could make believers out of people. Even when he loses.

2. HHH- These two had great matches, plain and simple

3. Stone Cold- who wouldn't want to see this match up again? honestly?

4. HBK- plain and simple, it's a dream match from two greats.

I think Mark Henry might be a good option to face Rocky. Henry was a former member of the Nation when The Rock was leading them. Henry could come out and say that the Rock held him back and made him do his dirty work. If Henry attacked him and did that Vader Bomb with the chair it would get so much heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back