The Rock To Wrestle At Summerslam 2012?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/249745-the-rock-to-have-summerslam-match-wrestlemania-29-logo

Here's the link.

As title says, The Rock is scheduled to wrestle at the second biggest PPV of the year with a yet undecided opponnent.

So the question is simple:

Who do you see The Rock feuding with by Summerslam?

I believe that at Summerslam, we are going to witness one of the biggest rematches of all time: Rock vs Cena II
I believe that The Rock will beat Cena at Wrestlemania 28 and then Cena will ask for a rematch at Summerslam, which he is going to win.

Discuss.

I apologize for my grammatical errors.

As I stated in the Spam version of this topic, I think it will be John Cena vs. The Rock vs. WWE Champion, CM Punk in a Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship. I think it will have a “Rap vs. Rock vs. Punk” theme. Okay, I don’t think that, but it sounds marketable, right??

What I don’t want to see is John Cena vs. The Rock II in a (insert stipulation here) match. However, if I’m forced into this, much like Undertaker / Triple H III, I’m thinking Cena will win at WM XXVIII and the Rock would then even it up at SummerSlam. Think about it, the Rock is as much home in Hollywood as he is in Miami, assuming they continue the tradition of it being in L. A.

I’d rather see John Cena and Randy Orton vs. The Rock and Chris Jericho for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship. HAHA!!

If The Rock is signed for a few matches this year in all the major ppvs then if not Cena, then Punk or Orton would be good choices. We don't need to see Cena/Rcok 2 as this match has been hyped for almost a year now and a sequel this soon or ever for that matter would surely take away from the 1st ( and hopefully only) encounter.

Just like I've been saying for almost a year now, The Rock WILL and NEED to winn at Wrestlemania, well at least if WWE still know how to do business.

Cena winning against a former wrestler now actor will do ZERO for him. But if The Rock was to win the match it will bring credibility back to The Rock because he beat the biggest star (like it or not) in wrestling.

Then Cena would win match 2 at Summerslam and the best of 3 at Mania 29.

That way you have an historic feud, instead of just and historic match.

Just like I've been saying for almost a year now, The Rock WILL and NEED to winn at Wrestlemania, well at least if WWE still know how to do business.
Cena winning against a former wrestler now actor will do ZERO for him. But if The Rock was to win the match it will bring credibility back to The Rock because he beat the biggest star (like it or not) in wrestling.

I go completely the other way. Rock winning at Wrestlemania leaves the WWE with nowhere to go because there's no logical (in terms of storyline) way to continue. Cena will win at Wrestlemania and it won't be clean, setting up the rematch in the summer, and I expect, the 3rd match at Wrestlemania 29. I wasn't expecting a 3rd match but Rocks presence at the announcement of Wrestlemania 29 has changed my mind.

I would love to see the mic battles between CM Punk and The Rock. I think it'd be a fantastic match to put these two against each other. Rock could go back to what Punk said in his "shoot" promo and this could set up the match after The Rock has, in his mind, "taken care of business" with John Cena. I'm just not sure if the WWE Title should be thrown in there. As much as I'd like to see The Rock compete for the title, I just don't think any match he will be in NEEDS the WWE Championship. The Rock has enough star power alone. We'll just have to see how it goes. But I wouldn't be against Rock vs. Triple H even though it'd be random and my dream is to see Rock face the one man he has never gone one on one against: The Heartbreak Kid. Now, this won't ever happen, I'd just love it to lol

Up until now, I was sure Cena would win the match at Mania. This news does change things a bit, as the possibility of a rematch (or rematches) does give some credence to the fact that the Rock may win........ but I still don't think it will happen.

Even if Rock does wrestle a match at Summerslam, there's no guarantee it will be Rock/Cena II. And if they only end up fighting once, Cena must win. There's no other way to do it. Even if Rocky is coming back at Summerslam, if he wins at Mania, why would he agree to a rematch, storyline-wise? He will have proven his point that he is superior to Cena. Why give him another shot? Either way, a lot of questions/possibilities pop up with this news.

-Would they have a rematch with Cena after already having year-long hype for this match? Although Cena has obviously had other feuds in that time period, he's basically already had a year long (or longer) feud with the Rock. Do they want to tack on another 4 months to that? Or even another year, if predictions of a third match at next year's Mania are accurate? I've seen comments from some people on here who are already sick of the hype and the lead-up to this match. Obviously, you can't please everyone, but would they really drag it out that much longer?

-I believe Rock is scheduled to begin filming a movie right after Wrestlemania. So his availability immediately following the event will probably be very limitied or non-existent. Of course, he hasn't been Mr. Perfect Attendance for the last year, so it wouldn't be that different. How would they start a feud, though? If it is Cena, do they have Rock come back in May or June and go after him again? Do they wait longer? Do they start him up with someone else? I'm honestly not sure who else they could use. Orton? Punk? Jericho likely won't be there. Tough call.

-Is this what Rock meant when he said he's not leaving again? He's going to wrestle the 4 majors (or three out of the 4), with a couple of Raw appearances every few months? Kind of like a Tiger Woods of WWE? Well, Tiger before his issues, anyway. Or was that just a line and he won't be around at all again in a year's time from now?

Obviously, we'll know a lot more based on how their match at Mania turns out, but interesting news, to be sure.

ok I read the artical. Maybe I should of read it first. That would be sweet The Rock at summerslam. But I wouldnt do Cena. Cena has to win at Wrestlemaina. He's going in as a heel and diffently the Underdog. I'm acctually starting to feel bad for him.... I'm not a Cena fan. But simpley The Rock is passing the tourch. The Rock's opponent for Summerslam lets get somone good maybe like maybe Del rio. I think it would make for a great fued. Promos will be off the charts. Or how about Dolph Ziggler, Ziggler gose in a roll beating everyone and anyone...Ziggler possiblie WWE CHamp or World Champ dont matter. Zigler can show whos true talents with the rock. Ziglers great! people need to start reqnizing how many matches he has carried! Watch him he sells everthing he does so well! ROCK VS ZIGGLER SUMMERSLAM WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!

see this is what i've always said they need to do because having cena win in miami will piss people off so much. so, in order to not have their top guy look bad in losing to a movie star, Cena wins the second match, and then they're even.

I think after The Rock beats Cena in Miami, Cena and the Rock leave to do their movies coming up. Cena Returns in June, grabs the WWE Championship, goes into Summerslam to defend the title against The Rock.

I had a similar thought process as you only in my version

Cena turns heel and wins at Mania. Rock demands rematch at SS and wins. Next year they have the 3rd and final showdown.

Stone Cold vs The Rock Summerslam one more match!
If Austin does decide to come back he'll need a warm up match much like Rock at survivor series. Let's face it Austin isn't gonna put himself in harms way for a returning rusty Brock Lesner. CM Punk vs Austin at mania would be great and CM Punk could take care of Austin's neck! Although I'd much rather see the match that never happened at mania Austin vs Taker!

Stone Cold vs. The Rock (one final time) with John Cena as special guest ref.

Or Rock vs. Cena II (with Stone Cold as special guest ref).

Get it done Vince!

I don't think there's any chance Rock is going to fight a young up and comer. It will be a big name guy for sure.

I would like to see the Rock Cena II at Summerslam purely so that the Rock can win the first installment in Miami.

If he wrestles at WM 29 or even Survivor Series however, I would love to see the Rock vs Miz one on one. With their history building up to WM 27 itd be easy to sell the fued with Miz claiming the Rock stole his spotlight. The promos would be gold and I really think Miz would benefit massively from a fued and match with Rock.

Rock Orton would also be great as the Rock could carry the fued on the mic whilst Orotn always ensures a great match. Orton is the second 'icon' of the PG era so the fued makes sense, plus with comments Orotns made about the Rock in the past it could work.

Wouldn't it be ironic of they had a special guest host at this years WM who screws Rock in his match then Rock vs Guest Host at SS? That could work nicely...

I personally would want Cena vs Rock to be one match and done I don't want this going in to 3 matches to determine best of series. I feel whoever wins the Wrestlemania match deserves that entitlement and that is done just like Hulk Hogan and The Rock at Wrestlemania 18 10 years ago they did not have rematch between both Icons.

So personally here is a two way road to what i would love to happen at Wrestlemania to Summerslam 2012.

1. I would love for Chris Jericho to win the WWE Championship off CM Punk at Wrestlemania 28. Then in the main event I want The Rock to win the Main Event versus John Cena and have the spotlight focus on him and The Rock winning his match overshadows Chris Jericho's return winning the WWE Championship. This causes Jericho on the Monday Night Raw following Wrestlemania to start a feud with THe Rock and leads all the way to the superstars battling it out for WWE Championship at Summerslam 2012. The Rock then wins WWE Championship and Reings again as The People's Champion.

2. The other opponent whom I would love for The Rock to fight at Summerslam 2012 would be with Triple H. Think these two can tear place apart the way they did during the WWE attitiude ERA. Would be i think a great match for The Rock judging WWE doesnt make him WWE Champion again.

Vince finally realized that there is no other option but to give rock the win in his hometown at mania 28.

Here are my thoughts on the situation, Rock will win at this yrs mania(28), the next night cena will snap and beat the living hell out of rock sending him back to hollywood(to do some movies), you can tell at that moment cena has finally turned heel. Months later, rock will make his return which will lead to Cena-Rock II at summerslam, and of course it'll end up by cena evening the score. After that, the fans eventually will start cheering for Cena(for being more edgy). At last, Mania 29 will be the end of the trilogy, and I think both of them will come into the match as baby faces. Cena will come out on top, the torch will be passed, and Rock will retire for good.

One thing for sure, Cena NEED to lose in rock's hometown, it's the only way he'll earn the fans respect(Talking about those attitude era maniacs). Going over rock in that match will make his situation even worse.

The announcement of this and of his chances of being at WM 29 are concerning to me. I was really hoping for Stone Cold to have "one more match" at WM 29, but we all know that Stone Cold will not be involved in a WrestleMania that The Rock is at because he will not want to compete for top billing.

On the flip side ... knowing that I might get 4 matches out of The Rock in a 16-17 month span is kind of nice because he does bring a certain electricity that is hard to ignore.

All this aside though ... I could definitely seeing WM 28, SS and WM 29 being a three-match feud with The Rock and Cena.

I guess this all depends on how the match at Wrestlemania goes. Because say with all this hype and waiting, the match finally starts and...it becomes as boring as Goldberg vs Lesnar. Now, we all know that won't happen. But say if it does, will people want to see this happen again? I certainly wouldn't.

It's so simple to sell a rematch. Cena can say that of course it was going to be Rock's night as it was in front of his home fans but let's see what happens at a neutral arena.

Plus, they set the stage perfectly for a heel turn. Cena gets booed out of the building in Miami, gets beaten by Rock and snaps. Leading to a rematch at Summer Slam with Face Rock vs. heel Cena.

It wouldn't surpise me if the rematch is for the belt, even though we know Cena would retain, I could see them adding that stipulation to add to the hype.

I am going to go with CM Punk. Only because he has been talking alot of trash on him. I wouldnt mind seeing Rock and Cena II, it would have to depend how it plays out at WrestleMania. I think Rock wouldnt mind putting Cena over if he had to, but I dont see him putting CM Punk over.

Fantasy storyline. New School vs Old School at SummerSlam (this is based off of what HHH said to HBK about Undertaker being the last of their Era)

Austin vs Cena (or Randy Orton)
Rock vs Randy Orton
Jerichco vs Daniel Bryan (or Ziggler)
Trish vs Beth Phoenix or Awsome Kong
HHH vs CM Punk

I would prefer him just not wrestle at all after mania. Either come back or stay out. Everyone always complains that the midcarders of today are having a hard time getting over. They can't be taken seriously in the main event. How are they supposed to get over if the spots they're working toward are being taken by a retired wrestler? Sorry Barrett, Ziggler, and Rhodes. Thanks for all the hard work you do all year long but Rocky is coming back for two weeks so you don't get a spot on the second biggest show of the year. From a business point of view I see the reason for bringing Rock back. For me as a fan, I would prefer WWE focus more on the present to build the future instead on relying on the past.

I personally would want Cena vs Rock to be one match and done I don't want this going in to 3 matches to determine best of series. I feel whoever wins the Wrestlemania match deserves that entitlement and that is done just like Hulk Hogan and The Rock at Wrestlemania 18 10 years ago they did not have rematch between both Icons.

So personally here is a two way road to what i would love to happen at Wrestlemania to Summerslam 2012.
actually hogan and rock did have a rematch at no way out, where hogan was screwed by vince. but i do agree with u cena and rock should be a one time deal. the rock vs the miz would be a great idea, but it all depends on who getting the push during that period

I personally would like to see Rock Vs Mick Foley at Sumerslam. I think it would be an ok feud and a good last match for Foley. After that Rock could go on to headline Mania 29 against Punk or even Jericho. If Jericho is not with WWE and Punk has other plans then Cena would be the only one left.

It's times like this I wish HBK wasn't retired so I would be able to see my dream match of HBK vs The Rock. If I have to choose a more realistic possibility then The Rock vs Cena has been rumored to be a best of 3 series, so we could see Cena vs The Rock 2. I would also like to see The Rock vs Randy Orton...this was teased once when The Rock made a return and did a promo on Orton saying how his grandfather used to beat up Orton's grandfather and The Rock's dad used to beat up Orton's dad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back