• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock to Return to WWE?

Vintage Nick

Climbin' in your windows...
Don't look for The Rock in a WWE ring any time soon.

But you can catch him, as Dwayne Johnson, on the big screen, starring in Tooth Fairy, which opens in theatres next Friday.

"The plan was for me to be the (Monday Night RAW) host (Jan. 11)," says Johnson. "But then I had to go to Mexico (to promote the movie). The idea of me going back to WWE is intriguing and exciting. I grew up in the business.

"Will I go back? Absolutely. The goal is to go back and do something special. I talked to Vince (McMahon) a couple of months ago and we're trying to come up with something.

"After I wrap (filming of action movie) Faster, maybe in the summer I can go back."

Check out the complete article at this link.

So, The Rock may return to WWE, possibly Monday Night Raw if he goes back full-time or for a short term deal.

What do you think? Good? Bad? In-Between?

As long as the "coming back to do something special" isn't feuding with and jobbing to Cena I'm all for it. Although watching The Rock run circles around Cena on the mic would be awesome. I too would love to see HBK vs. The Rock.

As long as the "coming back to do something special" isn't feuding with and jobbing to Cena I'm all for it. Although watching The Rock run circles around Cena on the mic would be awesome. I too would love to see HBK vs. The Rock.

Honestly, I was LIVID when HBK tapped out to Cena at WrestleMania. If WWE does that, if WWE gives Cena the win in a possible big time match against The Rock, I swear to all my Gods I will never turn on a WWE show ever again. This would be the most despicable and wrong thing I'll ever see. Even a DVD Compilation of all of Hornswoggle's segments wouldn't top that.

Yeah, I will most definitely be uninterested if they stick him in a program with Cena (which the probably will, seeing that is what Vince reportedly wanted for Mania 26). But if he can come back, as a face (Hogan won't be around this time), and work a program with a good heel, that would be awesome. I would like to see them stick him in a program with Orton (yes, I am an Orton mark, "So SUE ME!"), one of the biggest legends Orton never had the oppurtunity to kick in the skull. I am not sure if they would want him to job to Orton (maybe not, since Orton is a heel), but I don't think it's neccessary. At this point in time, whether he is there for two weeks, two months, or two years (won't happen), they need someone like the Rock, with the WWE becoming more and more stale, week in and week out.

:wtf: The rock is pissing me off. He don't wanna wrestle but he's fine showing up making jokes and taking money. If he's only here to "entertain" and not wrestle he can dame shore leave.:banghead:

Honestly, I was LIVID when HBK tapped out to Cena at WrestleMania. If WWE does that, if WWE gives Cena the win in a possible big time match against The Rock, I sware to all my Gods I will never turn on a WWE show ever again. This would be the most despicable and wrong thing I'll ever see. Even a DVD Compilation of all of Hornswoggle's segments wouldn't top that.

How in the world is The Rock putting over Cena "despicable"? That's the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard! Cena is the face of the WWE and wrestling itself right now whether haters like you decide to accept it or not. The Rock could put Cena over and pass the torch. I'm going to laugh if Cena ever overcomes all the hate. People hated "Rocky Maivia" too. Look how he turned out. The Rock putting Cena over would be the right thing to do, the only "despicable" thing is the lack of respect that people show Cena.

The Rock said he had something special planned. I honestly hope that he DOES pass the torch to Cena. That would be a dream come true for Cena fans, and all the Cena haters who claim they are going to quit if Cena beats the Rock, you can all just quit watching WWE for all I care. Many of you are probably bluffing anyway.

I'm willing to debate this further if you disagree.

Amen DAGGER. Past meets the future. The Rock vs Cena. That would be an awesome match and I really doubt any1 would miss it.

Sure every1 would be chanting and cheering for The Rock but seriously, no1 at this present time works as hard for the WWE, so why wouldn't they book this match.

that's great news...i just dont know if i can wait until the summer though!

it's ridiculous to say that rock losing to cena is despicable. so you're telling me that a guy that hasn't wrestled in over six years, should beat a guy who is the biggest star, the current face of the company? Rock SHOULD lose to cena, not because i hate rock but because, although cena is already an established superstar, it would just be the right thing to do.

but what are we worrying about? rocky will never wrestle again anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back