• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock 1000 top 20

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Listening to the replay of the Top 20 from the Rock 1000 since I missed the actual playing of it with work. May as well go through the top 20 with Music videos.

20. Guns 'N' Roses : Sweet Child of Mine

[YOUTUBE]P-AYAv0IoWI[/YOUTUBE]​

19. Blind Spot : Nil By Mouth

[YOUTUBE]FMdOoIjeiJw[/YOUTUBE]​

18. AC/DC : Hells Bells

[YOUTUBE]dm1p5GVBp6U[/YOUTUBE]​

17. Bon Jovi : Livin' on a Prayer

16. I Am Giant : City Limits

15. Nirvana : Smells Like Teen Spirit

14. Led Zeppelin : Stairway to Heaven

13. AC/DC : Thunderstruck

12. Motorhead : Ace of Spades

11. Metallica : Nothing Else Matters

10. Lynyrd Skynyrd:

09. Pearl Jam: Black

08. Guns 'N' Roses : November Rain

07. AC/DC : Back In Black

06. Shihad : Home Again

05. Metallica : Enter Sandman

04. Tool : Sober

03. Foo Fighters : Everlong

[YOUTUBE]crOZk88eCcg[/YOUTUBE]​

02. Metallica : One

[YOUTUBE]EzgGTTtR0kc[/YOUTUBE]​

And

01. Rage Against The Machine : Killin' In the Name

[YOUTUBE]fkuOAY-S6OY[/YOUTUBE]​

Has the entire world forgotten that Rage Against The Machine wrote other songs? Plus that video is pure shit compared to the likes of Korn 'Freak On A Leash' or Pantera's 'I'm Broken' or 'Cemetary Gates'. I know you're listing from the top 100 Rock videos, but Pearl Jam aren't 'Rock', neither are Metallica or Tool and Rage certainly aren't!

Guerilla Radio > Bulls on Parade > Wake Up > Renegades of Funk > Killing In the Name Of. Just my opinion. I could probably throw like 8 more songs in there, but

Killing in the Name is a highly thought of song in this country, mainly because it got to Christmas #1 last year over Simon Cowell's latest X-Factor winner.

Killing in the Name is a highly thought of song in this country, mainly because it got to Christmas #1 last year over Simon Cowell's latest X-Factor winner.

Ironic isn't it that a song telling people not to follow the masses gets to #1 by people telling the masses to buy it

Yeah and I was strongly opposed to the whole thing. (I'm from the UK too) Some of the money generated in that poll goes to fuckin' Cowell anyway doesn't it?

Smarmy douchebag asshole constantly encouraging the mass production of pre-packaged pop shite to infest the airwaves, all the while getting to be a condescending bastard for a living...........

Sufficed to say, i didn't vote for the Christmas #1.

This was on the Radio in New Zealand over the past two weeks, and it was voted for by people. The Rock plays a wide cross Section of Rock music over the course of its week. Blindspott are a bit more than a Limp Biskit rip off, they are better. I personally prefer this song over nil by mouth

Honestly I think that New Zealand's ability to pick good songs is absolute crap. There was Nickleback and Hinder and a few other really crap bands on the list as well.

So I don't actually have to point out how shit that list was, do I?

Also, Killin in the Name at #1 again? Lulz, did the internet do this shit again like they did last Christmas? Funny stuff, but it's kind of old now, especially since RATM have always been a pretty average band and nowhere deserving of that kind of honor.

Also, who the fuck are Blind Spot?

Blind Spott are a kiwi band, same as Shihad, but they no longer exist, This was a voted one on the internet yes, but it wasn't a internet hack job like the charts in the UK this is just a name 10 songs, thats 10 votes, the list itself is an utter joke as a whole but it does one good thing and one good thing only, remind me of music that I hadn't listened to in a while.

Full list of 1000 and where they placed last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back