the REAL Mr. Monday night

Hazardous

parental discretion advised
in light of the "Mr. Wrestlemania" thread (what a shit show that was...) i got to thinking... there have been a few people who have claimed monday nights as theirs. RVD use to, and also Y2J had his "Welcome to RAW.IS.JERICHO" line. so in your opinion's who REALLY is Mr.Monday night?

i agree full heartedly that Jericho owns that right, has always been one of the most entertaining people on RAW to watch, AND listen to. HBK as well, as he was around from the start, and DX was born on RAW. (i mean the REAL DX for all you younger fans.. the original DX)

Shawn Michaels wins it for me!! well he has passed it on now...

The reason is, he always stuck to Raw...I hardly ever saw him on Smackdown...I mean he retired before the show came on, maybe made a few commissioner appearances on Smackdown..but thats it, and when he returned in 2002...he stayed on Raw full-time until his retirement this year..correct me if i'm wrong...every monday we got to see HBK on Raw which was Monday Nights!!

He DID have a few Smackdown appearances here and there e.g. Decade of Smackdown, when DX held the unified tag titles but he was on every Raw episode!!

Shawn Michaels IS/WAS Mr. Monday Nights!!!

To be honest I don't really think you can pick shawn...reason being is that he isn't at every single show, in the last few years how much time has he taken off with his part time schedule? That would be like saying the Undertaker is Mr Friday night even though he is probably seen 2/3rds ofthe year at most.

In my humble first time poster opinion Mr Monday Night would have to be Cena. He is literally there as much as he can be. He doesn't claim to be it but I think that is the way he is marketed..I mean anyone else gets choke slammed through a huge spotlight they would prolly miss a few weeks right...not John cena he is back on tv the next night because the WWE see him as the star of the show and as he is the star of Raw then surely this makes him Mr Monday Night.

Im not saying thats who I want it to be but thats the way I see it.

RVD was pretty much Mr. every day apart from Wednesday, but Jericho was and still is Mr. Monday Night, since he debuted those words echoing throughout the arena 'Welcome To Raw Is Jericho', even when he was on SD he still appeared on Raw and made his way back to Raw barely a year after he got drafted to SD. I don't think he's even missed an appearance on Raw.

RAW IS JERICHO.

That's pretty much all you need to sum up Mr. Monday Night. Chris Jericho pretty much associated himself with RAW when he first started his WWE career. And although he has changed brands quite a bit and though he just looks good on SD, I always think that Jericho's home is RAW.

agreed. Smackdown is the Rock's show, always has been, always will be, dont care how long it's been, and i cant wait for the day when we get to hear Jericho say that again.

There's a lot of choices that could be made for all of this.

Shawn Michaels is a great choice for it. Considering he has never been a part of the Smackdown roster, he has always worked as a part of the RAW roster, he may not have appeared at every single episode over the past few years. But Jericho on the other hand has not either, he has appeared on Smackdown on numerous occasions to work that show as a part of their roster. The same goes for pretty much anybody we could possibly think up, Shawn is the only talent I could possibly name of the top of my head to have worked as a part of the RAW roster, and only the RAW roster (While Smackdown was around, a guy like Marty Jannetty doesn't count for example).

On the other hand, Jericho is pretty much the guy to have come up with the whole "Mr. Monday night" with the whole "RAW is Jericho" thing. That's not what I want to consider a guy to be Mr. Monday night however, but he's a good choice if we had to choose anybody. He's been consistent and had a lot of great feuds and a lot of history with the RAW brand. The fact that he has worked for Smackdown for a good period of time as well though ruins it a little bit.

John Cena is also a good choice matter of a fact. Not because he has worked a lot of RAW compared to any other show. Because he started out on Smackdown, however since he was drafted to RAW he has never returned. He has been one of the primary draws on RAW, as well as the guy that everybody has loved for so long to watch.

That's 3 choices that could very well be Mr. Monday night candidates, however I will most likely lean to Shawn Michaels due to never having worked Smackdown on a consistent basic.

Well, Smackdown has been around since 1999, and Stone Cold wrestled until 2003, so if those are the parameters, He would HAVE to be my first choice. SCSA owned RAW when he was the face of the company. He battled with the owner and was a part of so many fueds and skits, that he is my choice (if in fact I understand the pre-requisits correctly). He was involved in major story lines with the owner of the company and every other main eventer and stable that was present. How can anyone argue that he WAS Mr. Monday night during his era?

I don't know, all you guys made good arguments.... I believe that stone cold would be simply put because he carried raw... didn't matter if he was heel or face.... without the rattle snake there would of been no raw simple as that.

Mr. Cena, of course. At least at this point. He's been on Raw for what, 20 years now? He's always there and always around the main storyline, even when he doesn't have the belt.

For the most part, you'll always get something out of a Cena match. He's the one guy that will always give you a huge crowd reaction, meaning there's going to be some intrigue surrounding the match not matter what.

At this point, being the face of the company and being Mr. Monday Night go hand in hand.

if we were talking of monday nights in general, then obviously rvd comes to mind.

but if we are talking about raw? then my awnser is a tie. hhh & jim ross. since coming to wrestling hhh spent the majority of his career on raw whooping ass. multiple titles, huge fueds, d-x, evolution-etc...

but also good 'ol j.r. has been the voice of raw forever& most of us have fond memories of him at the desk. some of the best memories would have less of an impact if j.r. wasnt on commentary for them. think of how strange it was the first few times j.r. was gone from raw?

jericho- good but alot of time on smackdown. cena- just nt had as much exp or tv time on raw as some others.

hhh & jr is to raw as undertaker is to smackdown.

Jericho, for multiple reasons already stated. Don't forget that even before he came to WWE, Jericho was calling Nitro Monday Night Jericho as well.

I have to say Stone Cold because he owned Raw when was around. Everybody was watching Raw when Stone Cold was around. He brought Raw and the WWE to new heights that nobody imagined and saved Raw from being destroyed from Nitro. Remember Nitro was beating Raw for so long. Than enter Austin into the main event and all of a sudden ratings are sky high and his merchandise is saling like crazy. Austin was breaking all sort of records at that time. Austin was insanely over. Like Jericho said in Austin's Hall of Fame video in 2009 Stone Cold carried the WWE out of the Wilderness and into the Promised Land. That's why I chose Stone Cold as Mr. Monday Night.

Are we talking about current roster members or past members? I'm guessing past what with people choosing Michaels (and hell no it isn't Michaels, when he was the lead man on Mondays no one was watching). It's Steve Austin and it's the nWo. Steve Austin made Monday Nights his playground for the best era of wrestling. And before Austin the nWo was doing the same thing. Steve Austin and the top draw members of the nWo (Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash) are the combined Mister's Monday Night.

For the pure purpose of disagreeing with everyone i'm going to go ahead and say The Viper Randy Orton. For one I won't pick SCSA, JR, or HBK because they are no longer with the company so they can't continue to be Mr Monday Night although each could have been in the past. Cena is not Mr Monday Night he is just Mr WWE and will probably be that for the next 5 years (live with it) Jericho to me personally has gotten stale as his constant egotistical under achieving heel.(yea he's an underachiever the last 2 years prove me wrong) . I would love to see a return to the face Jericho for a change. The reason Orton gets the nod is simple. He draws the most cheers by far (noise doesn't mean cheers ala Cena) has the biggest following of both casual and hardcore fans and is simply gold all around. The kid puts on a clinic just about everytime he steps into the ring, has good mic skills (albeit not his strong point which they know), and is a true ring psychologist the likes we have not seen since Raven. There it is.

Orton? really? hmm.. interesting. now contrary to popular belief, i didnt just mean WWE, and im glad some people have mentioned other companies as well, but thank you to the one who said "Jericho was calling Nitro Monday Night Jericho"

in light of the "Mr. Wrestlemania" thread (what a shit show that was...)

LOL. I know right? And the shit show is still going on.

Anyways, I think old DX owned Monday Nights. The original one. Funny stuff there.

Jericho too. IMO, he's a guy that WWE needs. I actually don't get how he makes it to RAW, while doing Fozzy and other stuff. Jericho was and still is, entertaining for me. Sometimes he's the best part of RAW.

And, Mr. John Cena. This guy is the face of the company. He's the first one at RAW, the last one to leave. He's great with the younger kids. (Which obviously is good for Vince.) I don't mind him all too much either.

LOL. I know right? And the shit show is still going on.

Anyways, I think old DX owned Monday Nights. The original one. Funny stuff there.

Jericho too. IMO, he's a guy that WWE needs. I actually don't get how he makes it to RAW, while doing Fozzy and other stuff. Jericho was and still is, entertaining for me. Sometimes he's the best part of RAW.

And, Mr. John Cena. This guy is the face of the company. He's the first one at RAW, the last one to leave. He's great with the younger kids. (Which obviously is good for Vince.) I don't mind him all too much either.

im actually watching a Stream of WWF from 1997 right now, and yes, DX tore that shit up.
Cena, i cant agree on, only because he hasnt been at it long enough IMO. 5 or 10 more years? maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back