The rankings in the WWE

CM Steel

A REAL American
The WWE has the power 25 rankings on WWE.com and has been shown on WWE video games on story mode for over the last few years. But does the E live up and stay true to their own ranking system? Now I know that you can't compare pro wrestling to pro boxing. But wrestling needs to stick to their ranking system's so their top producing superstar can take a step closer to the world wrestling championship.

Like when Ryback lost to Mark Henry at Wrestlemania 29. That lost was suppose to set him back down the rankings for a future shot at the WWE championship. But somehow Ryback is the number one contender for John Cena's WWE title the next month at Extreme Rules via heel turn. Now after a two month long feud against John Cena. Mark Henry is next up for Cena's WWE championship. But didn't Henry just lose to Sheamus at the Extreme Rules pay per-view?

The WWE needs to stay true to their own ranking system and not let a marketable storyline come in-between it. What do you think?

Forget the Ranking System all together. Vince & Co. have been knocking it out of the park. Payback was hugely successful. CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler are back. RVD is returning at the next PPV. Brock Lesnar has found his next opponent. Mark Henry after Monday night established himself as the TOP heel in the company. If he doesn't win a slammy for that promo everyone should riot. Plus I agree w/Labar Money In The Bank is one of the few PPV's that sells itself. This is setting up to be quite a summer for WWE. Now IF Cody Rhodes can come away with one of the MITB briefcases it will set up quite the road to New Orleans.

Yea WWE has been kicking it up a few notch since Payback, and I hope they keep it going.

As for the ranking system, it's a nice idea on paper but I think WWE is too stubborn to do something so radical. I just don't think the top managers (Vince, HHH, Steph) have the vision to execute it properly. TNA did something similar a few years back but they dropped it fast. It's all about the execution.

I agree with the idea to a certain extent. I too would like to see a working ranking system in the WWE, but with my own little twist. Here’s my idea from a few years back.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=126223&highlight=

The issue with any kind of system in Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment is the fact that it’s not real. It’s “Professional” because they get paid. It’s “Sports” because they are technically competing. It’s “Wrestling” in its setting. Most importantly, it’s Entertainment.

If you want to get technical, then first and foremost, the Rock should have been given a rematch for the WWE Championship before Ryback got his shots. After the Rock, I think the Undertaker should have been next in line for John Cena’s WWE Title, because he defeated someone who was the longest reigning WWE Champion in decades, CM Punk. I think Mark Henry should have been next in line for Alberto Del Rio’s World Title, because he defeated someone who wasn’t a former Champion. I understand why Triple H wouldn’t be considered, but even Fandango defeated the first ever Undisputed WWE / WCW Champion and is now undefeated on the “Grandest Stage Of Them All”.

Either way, my point is, even though I’d like to see a ranking system in the WWE, it just wouldn’t be as marketable as unpredictability and storylines. If it was, we would have seen it used since WrestleMania 1.

It's just a goofy little fun thing to do. Even in boxing the rankings systems are questionable and would get thrown out the window for a big pay day. TNA did a horrible job with their short lived rankings. WWE is just trying to get more hits to their site with something that doesn't really matter or make sense.

Right in they are allow the fans to make there own rankings and that will set the official rankings for WWE. I wanted to make a thread about and how people discuss their personal rankings but I lack the post numbers to so. Anyway here are my rankings. That I submitted

1.Daniel Bryan
He is the hottest guy on the roster and is stealing the show every night.

2. The Shield
Even though they kinda got lost this week, The Shield is this one of the best talents they got and hopefully they can make their titles important again.

2. Mark Henry
I was kinda torn between him and The Shield at Twice So lets call it a tie. Henry's promo work has been good the past few years but his performance on raw was magic. Cena crappy promo this week just makes Henry look like a better talker. If in 2007 I would have told you that Henry would do better promo work than you guys would have hanged me which just might happen later.

4. Dolph Ziggler
Great match at payback. Like the turn into face with heel tendencies can't see how the story with Del Rio Goes.

5. Alberto Del Rio
I understand why some won't like this pick but I like the return to heel for Del Rio. He got a face that makes you want to punch him. I like the viciousness At Payback and if he can get the regular fans to accept and cheer ziggler as a face. Isn't he doing his job well?

6.Cm Punk
Again a tough call for me but i gave the slight edge to Del Rio because Del Rio is doing his job well. Punk is back, good matches, good promos, good story lines. Punk is just really good right now. I am sure when the story gets more heated he will bump up a few spots.

7. Brock Lesnar
Very few guys can show up give punk a F5 and start a storyline set for the next two months. Lesnar could not show up again until Summerslam and I wouldn't mind. Undertaker is the only other guy in that category.

8.Randy Orton
Even though he was on the losing end of the Daniel Bryan matches. The chemistry help make those matches and without that we wouldn't be praising Bryan. Like Del Rio he is doing his job well. Why is Del Rio high and Orton not. Del Rio has a new heel direction and he needs it because he isn’t a face. I have no idea what they are going to do with Orton.
It seem like creative just stumbled onto this good feud by accident.

9.John Cena
Wwe Champ. Hasn't fought since payback if my memory serves me right, subpar promo work with Henry. However he holds the strap and I doubt they take it from him. Hopefully he steps up his game.

10. Chris Jericho
Good matches. Putting people over. Like Orton lacks a real direction

11. Curtis Axel
Would have put him lower but I want to see where they are going with him and what part he plays with Punk, Lesnar, and Heyman

12. AJ lee
Best all around diva on the roster. Most interesting thing since Kharma in the divas. Hopefully they let her and Kaitlyn feud for a while. Maybe she can turn Kaitlyn into a credible face.

13. Sheamus
He can get on my nerves but i like the feud with Sandow. Wishing it last for a while with some back and forth wins. Still think he makes a better dominant heel.

14.Damien Sandow
Great talker, Good feud like the aggression he showed. A lot better than the running away we are used to him doing.

15. Ryback
Don't know what happen to him or maybe who he angered but to be fed to cena like that. When it seem like he was the heir to the Cena throne for a while. I like him working with Jericho, who seems to make magic out of nothing.

16. The Usos
Always like their in ring work and enjoying the push they are getting. The problem is that I can't remember them doing a promo since they Debut to fight the Harts. Anyone remember that?

17. Kaitlyn
Kinda bland, good in ring work and the feud could do her character some good.

18. Christian
Nice to have him back and doesn't have any real ring rust. However no real plan for him it seems. Would be nice to see him feud with Axel.

19. Kane
Seem lost since the breakup of Hell No but he did his job in keeping Bryan something to do for the last few months. Great worker, can't see what he's going to do next.

20. Rob van Dam
Hasn't debut yet but I still can't wait to see what he does. When he is motivated he is a top performer. Still used it was a surprised instead of telling us a month in advance.

21. Darren Young
Great match with Punk that was unexpected. I wish he was a better talker. Maybe then he and Titus would get used more.

22. Big E Langston
He seems to be getting better every week and already he sells better than Ryback. If he can turn into a more mobile and technically sound Mark Henry. He will have a good future.

23. Cody Rhodes
24. Wade Barrett
Both suffer for the same problem but Cody is a little bit higher than Wade so no tie. The problem is that creative had nothing for them. Both guys can perform in all aspects of wrestling. great all round talents with nothing to do.

25. Alex Riley
Form the den of obscurity comes Alex Riley gets Matt Strikers old job so kudos to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back