The [Official] Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 Thread

I just finished the Movie Star storyline in 24/7 mode. I don't have to give anyone a spoiler alert for the ending because THERE IS NO ENDING. I went through weeks of boring training and autograph sessions to get to Vengence and earn my movie contract, then once I won it I expected a cutscene of my guy filming a movie or chatting with reporters. Instead I got a message from Tommy Dreamer telling me I'm gonna pay for bashing ECW. What, I bashed ECW? Sure enough I go to the magazine and it turns out, I did bash ECW.

Now, not only is it bullshit that the game just moves directly to a completely different storyline, but it didn't give me the option to bash ECW, it just made me do it. This mode is an embarrassment to video games.

Also, when i train to get my stats up, the game sets me up to fail. If I need to make the opponent bleed, they just run away, if I need to do ultimate controls they reverse everything.

I popped in Here Comes the Pain, that game had TWO full years of storylines that wound together for what amounted to a great season mode. The last three years have just been dumb stories cut and pasted into a calender year.

EDIT: I have done the durability training twice now and failed both times. It say get your opponent yellow limb damage within the time limit. I got him yellow the first time and orange the second, yet I still failed both times. This game is full of glitches.

I have already complained a lot about 24/7 mode, but now I officially hate it. This defines linear, but tries to pretend its non linear. It gives you choices (once a month if that) but ultimately leads to the same place. Also, the match results don't matter.

This is what just put me over the edge. I started the ECW storyline, the one it just threw me in after a became a movie star for 30 seconds, and was put in an Extreme Rules match with CM Punk. He went to the outside to grab a ladder, so I went to grab a chair. I beat him back in the ring and pumbled him with the chair as soon as he entered. Then a hit him with the ladder multiple times, bloody him badly, and pinned him with my finisher. He never hit me once. The cut scene showed me limping away while he stood in the ring with no blood on his face laughing. King said "he better have that leg checked out." Why, did I sprain something exiting the ring? Cause CM Punk sure as hell didn't cause any damage. The fact is this cut scene would have played whether I won or lost.

How in the hell can this game jump backward this far in story quality just to add voice overs, balls ugly voice overs at that. I'm trying to find out if you need to play this to unlock anything cool, otherwise its just a chore.

I got it for christmas and I tired GM,I picked ECW and sure enough I only had 7 WRESLTERS and I have to do a 5 match card every week!Now thats stupid!

What I have enjoyed is burning Johnny Nitro.:)

But in fairness he really should be John Morrison.Didn,t he change like 5 moths ago?

I have already complained a lot about 24/7 mode, but now I officially hate it. This defines linear, but tries to pretend its non linear. It gives you choices (once a month if that) but ultimately leads to the same place. Also, the match results don't matter.

This is what just put me over the edge. I started the ECW storyline, the one it just threw me in after a became a movie star for 30 seconds, and was put in an Extreme Rules match with CM Punk. He went to the outside to grab a ladder, so I went to grab a chair. I beat him back in the ring and pumbled him with the chair as soon as he entered. Then a hit him with the ladder multiple times, bloody him badly, and pinned him with my finisher. He never hit me once. The cut scene showed me limping away while he stood in the ring with no blood on his face laughing. King said "he better have that leg checked out." Why, did I sprain something exiting the ring? Cause CM Punk sure as hell didn't cause any damage. The fact is this cut scene would have played whether I won or lost.

How in the hell can this game jump backward this far in story quality just to add voice overs, balls ugly voice overs at that. I'm trying to find out if you need to play this to unlock anything cool, otherwise its just a chore.

The same thing happend to me in that same story line and that same story line repeated itself about 3 times when I was playing through 24/7 mode.

Your right it's the voice overs and graphics that do it, the game is to big. I find myself going back to "SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain" because I know for a fact that I havn't done all the storylines because everytime I start SmackDown! HCTP again out of pure bordom I always ind it fun but then it gets old and the game play and animations throw me off.

Playing through 24/7 mode in SmackDown! VS RAW 2008 was one of the most annoying things ever, did the story repeat for anyone else? Because it did for me and by the end of the day I felt somthing like this :smashfreakB:

This Game Is.... Bland.

It's a carbon copy of last years just with different colors and 1 different match and some different controls.

They need to start from new and stop working from old models when they make new games.

Lol, 24/7 Mode is terrible, and here's a storyline that PROVES it:

I start off with Randy Orton and my first storyline is the classic, overused, boring as hell ''Number One Contenders'' plot. I win all my matches and seem to have Cena on my side as we team up to win a tag match on the last RAW before Backlash. But OMGosh! He gives me a text saying he doesn't respect me at all. What a shocker. Anyways, I win the Fatal Four Way match at Backlash to become Number One Contender. So I'm guaranteed a shot, no more matches, no nothing....

WRONG! Next storyline comes up, and guess what, I still have to fight for the No.1 spot! And guess who's WWE champion....JOHN CENA??!! So between Backlash and the RAW 24 hours later, he'd somehow won the belt. :headscratch:

So, I have to agonizingly fight my way through countless matches, with Cena and his ''crew'' (which just so happen to be The Great Khali and Kenny Dykstra, lol, it gets worse and worse) and finally defeat Foley in a cage match to finally face Cena at Vengeance. But, OMGosh! Foley turns on me and decides to manage Cena at Vengeance. Not like it makes a difference, I win and take the title.

Terrible. Oh, and why does every other storyline have to involve one of the McMahons or an ''ECW Invasion''?

Quite frankly, I could not be bothered with playing through the 24/7 mode after experiencing how awful it was. I did, however, want to unlock the legends such as Bret Hart, Steve Austin, The Rock and Sabu. So what did I do? I skipped through the entire fucking thing, earning me a shitload of cash. I also won and retained the World Heavyweight Championship twice. Just a tip for anyone that doesn't want to play that pathetic excuse for a story mode.

Quite frankly, I could not be bothered with playing through the 24/7 mode after experiencing how awful it was. I did, however, want to unlock the legends such as Bret Hart, Steve Austin, The Rock and Sabu. So what did I do? I skipped through the entire fucking thing, earning me a shitload of cash. I also won and retained the World Heavyweight Championship twice. Just a tip for anyone that doesn't want to play that pathetic excuse for a story mode.

I quite liked 24/7 after my "Mcmahon ECW" story line, after that WWE 24/7 was like a chore I didn't want to play anymore. But I'm still curious did any of you get Repeating story lines because none of my friends did which really annoyed me.

I think the reason my Stories repeated was because I had my World Heavyweight title for a ver long time and I was quite bored with the story lines involving me and the belt so I lost it on purpose to hope that I would get somthing more interesting, I so hopes this would work because WWE SmackDown! VS RAW 2008 promissed more open Carear mode so I thought this meant more story lines but I was wrong I had to repeat "Numder 1 Contender" "WWE Films" and "Mr. Mcmahon & ECW" until I won the belt again I also had to repeat every story that involved the title I had already done these so that prooves there are no more story lines, Or maybe the carear mode starts again after you lose a big time match because I never got the chance to compete in a Royal Rumble.

24/7 mode, whether you pick a superstar or gm is a pile of crap plain and simple. I just finished GM mode and won GM of the year, but it didn't give me the progress in the Hall of Fame. Im done with this game, I've earned countless achievments in both modes but not been given the money. I have yet to be awarded the 5 star PPV match, yet I can go to Survivor Series results and see I had a five star match.

Also at the end of a year in GM mode they do a draft. You lose 3 superstars and gain 3 others. My champion was Undertaker so he was exempt. They other show got Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, and my CAW all above 95 popularity. I got Kenny Dykstra, Chavo, and William Regal. Regal was a 82 but Chavo and Kenny were sub 50. Seems a little rigged. If your not yet convinced this mode is terrible, there's more.

I won a tournement to make a manual draft pick and was GM of the year so I could exempt one other person from the draft. I made my CAW exempt, yet he was still drafted, and if you're thinking I used my manual pick on Kenny, you're wrong, I didn't get one.

Bottom Line- This game is an unfinished Beta rushed to make a release date.

Awsome game, but the PS3 doesn't let you create custom music for entrances for custom created wrestlers. In other words it sucks Xbox 360 owners get the sweet end of the deal being able to create like the Ultimate Warrior with his music from the 80's and everything : (

I really have to agree with thisiscrazy619... This game truly is an unfinished beta version that was rushed to it's release. From what I can tell, from the PSP version, that the game should not have even been produced for the PSP. I said it before, and I'll say it again. In tag matches, and with managers... The same button to do strike attacks calls your manager to interfere with the ref, or your partner to attack. GM mode really has made no sense to me at all, and got me to the point where I don't even bother with it. If what I have to look forward to in the end is loosing 3 of my top guys, then that just makes it even less worthwhile. Again, I don't know about any of the other systems, but on PSP, very similar to 2007, but oddly enough not 2006, evenything is delayed. I hit the button for a strike attack... about a second later my guy goes to do a strike attack. Most of the time the computer already has it scouted out and counters. The biggest problem with that is the countering. It's really hard to counter when you need to guess long before the AI does anything as to what kind of move it will do. Gah I've lost a lot of faith in this series...

I like the game, hate the Storylines, but my problem with the Xbox is, that my music is too low when I put in custom tracks, so the entrances sound shitty.

I bought the xbox for this game and I'm not disappointed, I just hate the online play as I suck. as of this writing 0-15.

The game is fun to play with all the match options, I just hate going through all of the storyline crap to earn good money to but things from WWE shop.

I wish THQ would just make an update for the WWF No Mecry game and put current wrestlers in the game.

i got da ps2 version of the game and i don't rate it. the 24/7 mode is hopeless and the storylines are sub par from the 07 game. The graphics and the wepons are better but not a lot has improved. my verdict try before you buy.

Along with the repetitive storyline in 24/7 mode, there is no way to change the targeting indicators in the 360 version!! It's a freakin pain to try to pin someone that is already knocked out, but you cant because you cant target them and you are busy beatin on someone else. The creation mode is awesome though, so many combinations to you in the CAW, and the create and entrance. That is about the best part of the game

Along with the repetitive storyline in 24/7 mode, there is no way to change the targeting indicators in the 360 version!! It's a freakin pain to try to pin someone that is already knocked out, but you cant because you cant target them and you are busy beatin on someone else. The creation mode is awesome though, so many combinations to you in the CAW, and the create and entrance. That is about the best part of the game

I'm having the same problems with targeting. I haven't figured it out yet and I trying to find someone who knows how.

Is there a way to get more memory for Smackdown vs Raw 2008 on the Xbox Elite? The game only gives 30 slots for created wrestlers and I wanted to create more and was wondering is their a way to get more space for CAW's or do I have to buy a smaller memory card?

Sorry for back to back posting.

Is there a way to get more memory for Smackdown vs Raw 2008 on the Xbox Elite? The game only gives 30 slots for created wrestlers and I wanted to create more and was wondering is their a way to get more space for CAW's or do I have to buy a smaller memory card?

Sorry for back to back posting.

They cap the memory at 30 so you will need to have a memory card and load them from there. Future reference, there is a thread title ask a question in the video games section for quick questions like this.

I just though I felt it time to make a post updating how good I got at the game. I bought it three days before the official release date, and I haven't played it in over a month. It's not an addicting game, but it wasn't a waste of money, I always have it if I get bored. And the targeting system mentioned above, we all have that same problem. I'm also having the problem where I don't know how to grab someone while they're doewn and drag them. I keep getting f'ing rope breaks cause of it.

I just though I felt it time to make a post updating how good I got at the game. I bought it three days before the official release date, and I haven't played it in over a month. It's not an addicting game, but it wasn't a waste of money, I always have it if I get bored. And the targeting system mentioned above, we all have that same problem. I'm also having the problem where I don't know how to grab someone while they're doewn and drag them. I keep getting f'ing rope breaks cause of it.

you have it for 360? all you do is click the right trigger and hold it and that will grab them, then just drag them whatever

As said in an earlier post, there are plenty of slots for CAW, but its so addicting it fills up quick. They really did great with the creating stuff, i love it, just creating the dumbest wrestlers is funny, but awesome cause give them a great moveset, and they will dominate. Hilarious to see some dude looking crazy goofy, but winning the wwe championship after giving him an f-5.

My friend and I popped this game in at 1am last night when we got home from the bar and we found another glitch.

We decidedn to try and finish challenge mode since we were going to be up the rest of the night anyway. The main reason is we wanted to unlock the legend belts (WCW title, Attitud era title, Million Dollar, and Hardcore). So we start to build up a stable in order to max there stats and beat DX. We complete this in about 45 minutes and unlock the Summerslam areana. After that we can now do the easy challenge of beat the Hardys at Summerslam in a TLC match. We beat them and re-enter the challenge screen and it says All Challenges Are Now Complete. We were awarded the belts yet we can clearly see in challenge mode that we have 4 challenges left. This is fine with me though as a didn't want to play that Money in the Bank or Royal Rumble Match anyway.

Now, we want to go see who the champions are. I guessed that the WCW Champ would be Ric Flair since he was one of the few in that game that was WCW Champ. We figured the attitude era belt would be Steve Austin, since he was the first to hold it, or Triple H. Well, we got to the screen and Ric Flair was the attitude era champ eventhough he never held that belt. In fact, he entered the WWE mere months before the got rid of it. So who is the WCW champion, well if Flair is the attitude era champ, it make just as much since to have Austin the WCW champ. Of all the things Austin has done, they give him the one belt he's never even sniffed. Why couldn't they just switch these two around? Its honestly like this game is a slap in the face to hardcore wrestling fans. Also, Shane McMahon is the Million Dollar champ, no idea how they got that.

Finally, the most dissapointing find, the hardcore belt is not in the game. You can buy it, but thats it. I'm not kidding, the belt is no where to be found.

hmm I can't quite put my finger on all the issues with this game.

It has so much potential, such as the ECW stuff, the weapon wheel, the fighting styles and the new improved running system, but yet I still get bored of it.

Once the story mode, GM mode & Challenges have all been done, it gets pretty boring. I don't have any friends who play the game, and I don't have Xbox live yet either. I'm guessing with Live there's plenty of people online and it would always be good to play against someone else, like most other games, but as a single player against the computer it is just repetitive.

The CAW mode is bland and almost a replica of the last 5 years (if not worse)

I like the fighting styles but don't like the fact that if you have someone like RVD the figthing styles are High Flying/ Brawler...when surely the fighting style most suited to RVD would be Hardcore??

hmm I can't quite put my finger on all the issues with this game.

It has so much potential, such as the ECW stuff, the weapon wheel, the fighting styles and the new improved running system, but yet I still get bored of it.

Once the story mode, GM mode & Challenges have all been done, it gets pretty boring. I don't have any friends who play the game, and I don't have Xbox live yet either. I'm guessing with Live there's plenty of people online and it would always be good to play against someone else, like most other games, but as a single player against the computer it is just repetitive.

The CAW mode is bland and almost a replica of the last 5 years (if not worse)

I like the fighting styles but don't like the fact that if you have someone like RVD the figthing styles are High Flying/ Brawler...when surely the fighting style most suited to RVD would be Hardcore??

I tried online when I first got the game. Just like any other game people try to cheat. I was invited to a tag team match and accepted. I was Triple H and my partner picked Matt Hardy. We were going against the Rock and Stone Cold. My partner hopped off the apron right away and stood on the ground while I got double teamed. It was after this happened that my brother told me people will get two friends, one of who doesn't care if they lose, and gang up on you to get one of their win-loss records up. My partner, the guy who picked Matt Hardy, didn't give a shit about the game he was just helping his two friends get an easy win. Its stupid that I can't find anyone online to actually play a fun match, its all assholes with no life who just want to get their xbox live stats up (chicks dig gamerscores if you didn't know). Anyway, these guys took it very far. It was elimination tag and I made Rock tap out to a leg lock. So it was down to me, my worthless partner, and Stone Cold. My partner hops in the ring and does dash attacks at me from behind. I started to do them back at him, its hard because you can't face them, until the ref threw him out. I ended up hitting the pedigree on Stone Cold when all the sudden the game froze. Well, thats a little suspicious isn't it. I was so pissed that I shut the game off and vowed never to play online again. When I got to my xbox dashboard, I had a message from the guy playing as Stone Cold that said "What happened loser? Afraid of a loss?" Wow, what an immature dick. This is what happens 99% of the time you play games online.

My friend and I popped this game in at 1am last night when we got home from the bar and we found another glitch.

We decidedn to try and finish challenge mode since we were going to be up the rest of the night anyway. The main reason is we wanted to unlock the legend belts (WCW title, Attitud era title, Million Dollar, and Hardcore). So we start to build up a stable in order to max there stats and beat DX. We complete this in about 45 minutes and unlock the Summerslam areana. After that we can now do the easy challenge of beat the Hardys at Summerslam in a TLC match. We beat them and re-enter the challenge screen and it says All Challenges Are Now Complete. We were awarded the belts yet we can clearly see in challenge mode that we have 4 challenges left. This is fine with me though as a didn't want to play that Money in the Bank or Royal Rumble Match anyway.

Now, we want to go see who the champions are. I guessed that the WCW Champ would be Ric Flair since he was one of the few in that game that was WCW Champ. We figured the attitude era belt would be Steve Austin, since he was the first to hold it, or Triple H. Well, we got to the screen and Ric Flair was the attitude era champ eventhough he never held that belt. In fact, he entered the WWE mere months before the got rid of it. So who is the WCW champion, well if Flair is the attitude era champ, it make just as much since to have Austin the WCW champ. Of all the things Austin has done, they give him the one belt he's never even sniffed. Why couldn't they just switch these two around? Its honestly like this game is a slap in the face to hardcore wrestling fans. Also, Shane McMahon is the Million Dollar champ, no idea how they got that.

Finally, the most dissapointing find, the hardcore belt is not in the game. You can buy it, but thats it. I'm not kidding, the belt is no where to be found.

The hardcore title should be in the story mode when you face offw ith Tommy Dreamer who is the hardcore champion. The story is around Unforgiven or No Mercy depending on which brand you are on. You will face tommy dreamer for the new Hardcore Title, and then at december to dismember you get screwed and tommy takes the belt back and it should be unlock without buying.

The hardcore title should be in the story mode when you face offw ith Tommy Dreamer who is the hardcore champion. The story is around Unforgiven or No Mercy depending on which brand you are on. You will face tommy dreamer for the new Hardcore Title, and then at december to dismember you get screwed and tommy takes the belt back and it should be unlock without buying.

I did unlock it, its just not there. If I go to the shop, it says sold. When I go to play a match the belt is no where to be found. All of the others champions have belts next to them, but no one has the Hardcore title.

It should be with Tommy Dreamer choose him and you'll be able to select the hardcore title - if not your game is broke!

Huh, its definately not there. There are also some moves still missing despite the fact I have every character unlocked and all the moves purchased. It must be another glitch. Oh well, I'm done with this game. I picked up an extra class and can't justify spending time at home on this half ass game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back