• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Office Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Somehow we've never had an official thread for the genius that is The Office. We've had a thread comparing the two shows, but nothing official you see. So here it is, because I know I sure as fuck can't be the only one who watches this show. Discussion of the UK show is fine as well. I've just started rewatching Series 2 of the original, and I just got done watching last night's new episode of the American version. I'm having an Office-tastic week.

Last night's episode was fantastic, I could not stop laughing through out almost the entire episode, and the whole idea of Michael and Jim playing this game with the rest of the staff to take their minds off the fact that Dunder Mifflin might be going bankrupt was very sweet and well done, which is something you have to love about this show. It's gut-bustingly hilarious, and can still grab at your heart strings at the same time. And the cast? Easily the greatest cast I've ever seen on any sitcom, not in terms of star power but in terms of just sheer talent and skill at playing their roles. They're all absolutely perfect, though Ed Helms immediately makes the show just that much better.

So, fans of The Office, come out. Let's have a chat around the water cooler or something similarly cliche.

I have yet to watch the original UK version but I am a big fan of the American Office. Last nights episode was amazing. I am a little shocked about the whole bankruptcy thing and where that will lead with Dunder Mifflin. The murder mystery was funny as hell. Usually Michael annoys the hell out of me but I actually found him funny and thought he was doing a good thing. He knew that the office needed the game and wasnt just trying to make himself happy. I loved the ending, seriously one of the funniest Office moments ive seen ever. May the hand gun show down of November 12, 2009 live in infamy.

This weeks episode had one of the best openings in a long time. I live when Jim said "With all due respect to everyone, I think the most worthy opponent for you would be you" and Dwights response of "correct, unless measles would be present" is classic. Then to havve Dwight fight himself was great with Jim egging him on.

I also thought Creed had a hilarious moment when he walks in and Michael tells him he is a suspect in a murder and he sneeks out then you see him running in the parking lot and high tailing it out of there.

I thought this was a very good episode this week.

I feel this season has been pretty good all the way around minus Michael, who just irritates me. All of the actors have been playing their characters so well. Pam has deffinently stepped up a notch in my book with her fighting with Michael and when she slapped him I think a cried a tear of joy. SO long overdue for any of them to do.

How can you hate Michael Scott? He's one of the best parts of the show and always has been, Steve Carrell plays that role to absolute perfection. How could you possibly hate Michael?

The ending to Thursday's episode has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, have to agree with that one. I was laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes during the hand-gun showdown. Any other group of actors and it could've been lame, but with Helms, Carrell, and Wilson it was a piece of gold. This season has been great so far.

X, I totally agree that Steve Carrell plays Michael Scott perfectly. The character does make the show. I just find him very annoying, which is what hes supposed to be doing right? Just cause I dont like his character doesnt mean hes not doing a great job. I also was in tears when I watched the hand gun stand off, top 5 Office moment for me.

Hot damn,

The Office is my favorite show on tv. Really the only thing I watch. The latest episode Murder was great. I really enjoyed Dwight fighting himself. The whole murder mystery was funny. The sub plot with Andy was pretty fucking great, especially after Arron agreed to the threesome. The two episodes before this last one were pretty much bad to say the least. I also think that they basically ruined Jim and Pam's roles now. They're not as funny as the previous seasons now.

I don't think Jim and Pam's characters have been ruined, they've only grown. You can't have characters doing the same exact thing for the entire series, it grows stale, something I've liked so much about the last few seasons is how much the characters have grown. People get married, get promotions, it's a part of life.

Really there are no bad episodes of The Office in my opinion. Some aren't as good as others, but there are no bad episodes. I really like Jim being the new co-manager along with Michael, especially how it's rekindled their friendship. We get to see Michael in a mentorship role. Pretty awesome.

Murder was a fantastic episode, and in general, this season has been incredible. The wedding was one of the best episodes in the season. I still laugh a little at that ending. I only wish my Thursday Nights were equipped with less hassle because I have a hard time catching the show on time. The show overall has been fantastic. The US version has far surpassed the UK version, and it would be hard for people to prove that wrong, and I am a huge fan of the Brit version.

The best thing season 5 has done is give us back the great BJ Novak character of Ryan. He was one of my favourites when he was a temp, and is returning to that great character.

Sort of a disappointing episode this week I thought. It had its moments, but there was a lot more it could have gone off of. So it looks like the company is going under. The question comes up, does this mean that the Scranton branch can survive on its own? I have heard nothing of the show ending, so you would think they would all have to work somewhere.

Ya, decent episode there. Not a ton of laughes, but it was definetly entertaining for the most part. I don't see how the whole company is going to go down, I'm guessing Michael will do something to save it. Maybe restart the Michael Scott Paper Company? I don't know what'll happen, but I'm sure it'll be good.

As far as old episodes, I watched the one where Toby went away, it's definetly one of my favorites. The new HR girl thinking Kevin is ******ed is pure comedy gold.

Haha, I also watched that one again, think it was on PeachstreetTV last night.

I was surprised that they didn't make Michael the CEO of the company in a WCW like angle.

If the company does go down, I can see them remaining together as a small time company, and having to deal with the problems of running a small time company.

No way is the company going under, they've already done the whole Michael leaving the company thing and now that they've got Jim and Michael on the same level, I can't see the company closing and that dichotomy being lost. That would be a serious mistake right now.

I loved seeing Jim get some payback on Ryan though, especially after the way Ryan treated him when he was his boss over at corporate. It wasn't a bad episode by any means, wasn't great either, but I enjoyed it. Even a mediocre half hour of The Office is better than 99.9% of things on television.

Man, this show is going downhill fast. The most interesting thing about it right now is the Andy/Erin storyline. I never saw the appeal of either Jim or Pam, as I both think they're real assholes. Also, I still can't believe that Jim is the Scranton branch co-manager; employment-wise, isn't Dwight the far better worker in virtually every category?

τδιγλε;1523083 said:
Man, this show is going downhill fast. The most interesting thing about it right now is the Andy/Erin storyline. I never saw the appeal of either Jim or Pam, as I both think they're real assholes. Also, I still can't believe that Jim is the Scranton branch co-manager; employment-wise, isn't Dwight the far better worker in virtually every category?

You're such a negative nancy TDigs, have a heart damn you! How can you not love PB & J? Their romance has been one of the best parts of the American Office and is what frankly makes it better than the original series in my opinion. Hate all you want man, I love this show and I always will.

MINOR SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW

Tonight's episode was damn good, being centered around the Christmas party, and just like every time they hold a party in the Office, hilarity ensues. Dueling Santas, the 12 Days of Christmas turned deadly, and Oscar has a crush on a worker in the warehouse. When Michael Scott walks out as Jesus flippin' Christ, what exactly is there to say? Nothing. Just laugh. By the time the end of the episode rolled around and Andy was awkwardly dancing to a marching band he hired for Erin, I had a big fat smile on my face knowing I had just watched a damn good episode of one of my favorite shows.

Storyline wise, a minor spoiler here if you haven't seen the episode, we find out that the company is being sold (to who?) and David Wallace and all of the other executives appear to be out, which leads to everyone in Dunder Mifflin obviously thinking they're all fired as well. Their success as a branch however saves them as Wallace tells them their branch is likely the only thing that will be kept in the company, leading to a hilarious moment of celebration and inspired crowd-surfing by Michael.

I've really liked this season so far, and tonight was a damn good episode, possibly the best of the season. If I let my inner effeminate take over though I'd probably buckle for the wedding episode because it was just too damn cute.

Great episode tonight. Definitely around an A from me.

The American Office is a fantastic show. I have watched it for a while now but I went off of it for some reason and it is only now that I am starting to feel the craving for it again. The original Office is a fantastic piece of comedy. Ricky Gervais created something that was just so original and funny. He made his name in the series and for good reason. I recently felt the craving to watch all of the episodes from the original and the American follow up. I have asked my family to but me them as part of my Christmas and I am very much looking forward to watching every single one over the festive period.

I am a huge fan of both of the series' and I especially love the American one. Steve Carrell plays a legitimately funny part in that show and it is no wonder why people are now clicking into watch it. It is a fantastically funny show and hopefully I can get caught up on it over the next few weeks.

I really enjoyed the episode last night and actually think this season has been pretty decent, I may be the only one. Anyways, I know it is not as good as some previous seasons but it is not as bad as Tdigle makes it out to be, sorry.

Last nights episode was great. I hate Michael Scott with a passion but your supposed to hate him right? Carrell does such a great job of being an asshole, it impresses me actually. Michael Scott is such a baby but it is funny and shameful to watch it all at the same time. The secret santa was a great idea as well, coming off the heels of the other Christmas games in episodes past.

I love the Andy and Erin storyline going on. Ed Helms is quickly becoming one of my favorite comedians. Call me nieve but I actually feel like he is that character in real life, I know he is not.

Also, did anyone get the vibe that there may be something between Darrill and Angela? For some reason I got the vibe they may like each other from the end of this weeks episode. I am probably reading to much into it but only time will tell.

I really enjoyed the episode last night and actually think this season has been pretty decent, I may be the only one. Anyways, I know it is not as good as some previous seasons but it is not as bad as Tdigle makes it out to be, sorry.

You're not the only one man, I like this season so far as well. Quite a bit actually. It's great to see some serious storylines developing in the show with the future of these people's lives.

Last nights episode was great. I hate Michael Scott with a passion but your supposed to hate him right? Carrell does such a great job of being an asshole, it impresses me actually. Michael Scott is such a baby but it is funny and shameful to watch it all at the same time. The secret santa was a great idea as well, coming off the heels of the other Christmas games in episodes past.

I find it impossible to hate Michael because of my love for Steve Carrell. The man just flat out has it, and it's something very few people have. He was great last night as Santa Claus, and then being usurped of that role and instead coming out pretending to be Jesus Christ. Classic stuff.

I love the Andy and Erin storyline going on. Ed Helms is quickly becoming one of my favorite comedians. Call me nieve but I actually feel like he is that character in real life, I know he is not.

Ed Helms is another one of those performers that simply knows comedy timing and how to use his face, body, and especially voice to make you laugh. He reminds me of a young Jim Carrey, only much funnier. I love Ed Helms.

Also, did anyone get the vibe that there may be something between Darrill and Angela? For some reason I got the vibe they may like each other from the end of this weeks episode. I am probably reading to much into it but only time will tell.

I noticed that too actually, it was very subtle, but there was a moment where it seemed like they were connecting. That would be...well, just bad honestly. I wouldn't want to see that romance at all. Darryl needs to remain the eternally underused comedic force in the warehouse. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Craig Robinson though, he's another guy who's got amazing comedic timing.

Oh I agree X, I think a relationship between Angela and Darrill would be bad. I would much rather see Angela and Dwight reconnect and get hitched, which is kind of how I feel their lives should end, but thats just me.

Helms is a tremendous actor from the Office, to the Hangover and even his little part in Monster vs. Aliens. Great actor and I hope to see more of him in Hollywood.

Also, its not that I don't like Steve Carrell because trust me I do. I just find the character very annoying which is not a bad thing at all. It's just his character and it makes me laugh most of the time but it also has moments where I am just kind of shaking my head and asking why in the hell would he think acting like jesus is appropriate. Overall he is a very funny man and brings a great work ethic to Michael Scott.

I just praised The US Office in the Sitcom Tourny thread and I gave it my vote, rightfully so. Let me continue my praise in hear by stating what makes this show great.

One thing that I love about this show is its consistently. From its beginning in '05, practically every show they have done is strong and full of laugh out loud moments. Not many shows can say that.

A lot of said shows usually become weaker as the show comes to an end, and a lot of people are saying this about The Office. I wholeheartedly disagree. To me The Office appears that it still can present 1-2 strong seasons without looking weak, but let's just hope they can end it at the right time.

Let me bring something else up real quickly. In most shows, there are characters that you love in a show and laugh at everything they say, but that same show will probably have characters that you can't stand and you don't understand why anyone could find the character enjoyable. IMO, every character on The Office presents their own brand of entertaniment that is enjoyable to me. I can't think of one character that dosent fill me with laughter. From the regular stars like Dwight, Michael, and Jim to the sleepers that might go unnoticed like Darryl, Toby, and my personal favorite, Kevin.

Anyway, those were just a few reasons why I think this show is so excellent.

I just started watching The Office for the first time last night and through the theme ( which is Epic) to the end credits, the show had me laughing. The line that got me was Michael screaming through the phone "SOMEONE COME GET ME I'VE BURNED MY FOOT ON MY FOREMAN GRILL!" I for one will be watching this show every chance I get because it relates to me. Sure, I don't work in an office but everyone has those kind of friends.

Well there hasn't been much talk about the newest episode of The Office that was shown on Thursday. It was a nice episode, not the best by any means, but a good show coming off the heels of a month break. Dunder Mifflin still sort of has a future and David Wallace is in a terrible place, though his son is a very good drummer. Also, Andy's song for saa-breh was epic.

Anyone else see the new episode?

I love The Office, I think it's a great show and in Australia we're a bit behind on new stuff which is ok, it's all good anyway.

I'd say Dwight K. Schrute is my faveourite character, today I re-watched the episode where Dwight finds half a joint in the car park and investigates everyone. Hilarious episode. I love Dwight's ignorance towards everyone and everything and his loyalty for Michael.

Just last night I made Dwight and Michael on SDVR and they are tag champions.

Been awhile since anyone has written in here. The new episode for March 25 just concluded a little bit ago. The Office is as funny as ever. I was a little worried when the Office changed owners but Kathy Bates as the boss is a great fit, even if she wasn't in this episode.

Tonight's episode was in no way the best I have ever seen but it was still a very good episode. This season has been very good and I must say in five seasons the Office has yet to miss a step. Michael was annoying yet hilarious in his Date Michael persona tonight. I hate Michael Scott so much but there is a charming factor to him that makes me immediately like him once again. The Andy/Erin story is entertaining. It was funny to see Andy try to keep there relationship a secret so there would be no drama yet creating a ton of drama in the process. Ed Helms is a comedic genius, hopefully he doesn't overdue it like many comedians do. Dwight and Angela may finally be completely over. I am sad to see them be totally over, if they are, but the new woman in Dwight's life has some potential. Finally, the thought of Pam's lactating boobs is very arousing in a strange way.

In conclusion, this weeks episode is definitely worth a watch if you are a fan of the show. I love this season and am very glad to hear that NBC has already signed off on a new season for next year sometime.

This Programme is genius! I caught one episode,from season 2 over here in the UK late one night whilst I was drunk. I woke up and caught another episode online to deicde if what i saw really was funny or was funny because I was wasted,and I laughed more sober! So anyways i brought the boxset 1-3 dvd and then the other seasons and now im right up to date! (Go me!)

Funniest for me has got to be Dwight. The way he can come across as so annoying but yet still funny is awesome,and the scenes with him and Jim will defintley always get a laugh from me. MegaDesk!

How do you think the season will end? Will Erin and the Nard-Dog break up already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back