The Next HHH??

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
I was looking at the WWE roster there ( Raw & Smackdown) and alot of wrestling fans that I know think Cm Punk is like another Stone Cold where he say's what ever he wants. I can see what they are talking about they are little bit a like but Cm Punk will never become another Austin.

And a Lot of people think The Miz is a little bit like the The Rock with his Mick Skills, In my opinion he doesn't hold a candle to the rock. Im not a big Miz fan at all to be honest I don't really rate him that much. I will give him this he is Brilliant on the mic but other then that he doesn't excite me in the ring at all, He's just another Mid Carder in my eye's.

Now for HHH. I was looking threw the WWE Roster and there's one wrestler that could be the next HHH ( Sheamus) Now here me out. Sheamus has the height and he has the look as well as been every good in the ring and his mic skills are good as well, he has the irish aggression that HHH once had back in this prime. Granded he will never over come HHH and he will never beat HHH as been a Heel or a Face. In my opinion HHH is the best Heel to have ever stepped into a squared ring.

So who do u think could be the next HHH or is there one out there??

Do u agree with me about Sheamus been the next HHH???

I don't think anyone should be the next HHH. Just let the new generation wrestlers be themselves.

Sheamus? Sorry I don't see it.

But if I could name one person that reminds me of HHH it's Drew McIntyre.

1 - He has the right look.
2 - The Future Shock DDT reminds me of The Pedigree sometimes.
3 - His cold heel persona.
4 - The fact that he went from upper mid carder to a jobber to the stars just like HHH back in the mid 90's.

But that doesn't mean that I want Drew to go on to become the next HHH. Just let him be himself and find his way from jobber to the stars to upper midcarder again just like HHH did. All he has to do is improve in the ring and on the mic. Then he can go on to make a name for himself but again.. He shouldn't be "The next HHH".

Firstly thanks for contributing to my new sig :lmao:

Seriously though i hate trying to hype someone as the next Rock/Stone cold etc...
Chris Jericho was constantly compared to Shawn Michaells which prompted the famous quote "i grew out of wanting to be the next Shawn Michaells and instead focused on being the first Chris Jericho".
CM Punk and Randy Orton have both recently been touted as the next stone cold yet neither of them will ever be. Thats not a bad thing though, instead of trying to live up to stone cold's legacy they will both leave legacies that will lead the next generation of wrestlers to be compared to them.

Its impossible to compare wrestlers from different generations due to different fans/tastes/wrestlers to wreslers to wrestle against.
Therefore enjoy the wrestlers for what they are not what they will never be.

No one person should be another. Each superstar should be their own individual. They should strive to be themselves and achieve what they want by becoming their own character.

I think it is Wade Barrett. I go with this choice b/c he's not so bad in the ring he may be a bit slow but if he's given a new finisher and the wasteland is used as a signature move he would be perfect and he has great mic skills. When he was leader of the Nexus and The Corre he had the look and posture to say he is the one in charge and I think that he could if given the chance to be something like Triple H once was.

No one person should be another. Each superstar should be their own individual. They should strive to be themselves and achieve what they want by becoming their own character.

^ This

But to answer the OP question - I always thought Wade Barrett

He lead a stable
Has that swarmy look
Could play the agression/do anything to win card
With some work I could see him being a face in time

Not saying they'll be this or that star, but Drew has always reminded me of HHH when they called him Hunter Hearst Helmsley and he had the blue blood gimmick, no denying that

Morrison would be HBK-like a bit

No one is close to being anything like The Rock, Randy Orton and The Rock are both 3rd generation stars, thats the closest thing anyone has in common with him

The Miz is more like Y2J and even Jericho said he was itching to come back and get his gimmick back or identity back and he was suing Miz (jokingly) for gimmick infringement, that he turned on the TV and knew he wasnt that ugly but was staring at a reflection of himself so he thought. Right now Miz is a main guy, but like Y2J where is he? in the midcard spotlight (not like a Kofi or Morrison) but he's not constantly in the main event picture and something tells me he'll be treated like Jericho a bit for a while. A big star but not always in the title picture or main event picture.

CM Punk's done an Austin-esque thing, but Orton's snake gimmick still kinda reminds me of Austin with his movements, the RKO/Stunner comparison, Orton and Punk both relate to Austin in different ways

That's about it.

Daniel is the new Beniot, hopefully he doesnt kill anyone (two ppl with a necktie) before choking himself with one. But he's just like Beniot, he's got 0 personality and is an excellent wrestler. He wont win many World titles maybe 1 like Beniot via MITB, but he's never gonna be anything more or less than what he is, like Beniot, and thats a great wrestler, not a great entertainer, and that's just the damn facts

The next HHH in my opinion, and sorry but I'm gonna switch shows, is Robert Roode. Built exactly like Triple, walks and talks like him and even wrestles like him. WHEN the WWE decides they want to bring in Roode, I'd like to see Triple H mentor Roode to really send his career that extra mile.

[YOUTUBE]M-fSOfC28BE[/YOUTUBE]​

If you're a fan of Roode then you must've seen his ringwork, similar to Trips huh? I believe that this man will be the next HHH no doubt in my mind.

I think Wade Barrett will be the next HHH. And by that I mean WWE's biggest villain. Whenever I see Barrett he reminds me of a heel Triple H from the late 90s/early 2000's. Hopefully Barrett is put in the WHC picture sometime soon and given a program with Orton. I think an Orton/Barrett program could really help bring Wade to that next level even if he doesn't win the title.

I understand people saying that wrestlers will never be the next incarnation of a former wrestler, and I agree with it, but I'm really sick of reading it. It's a simple thread with fairly simple questions. Would it be so hard to just answer the questions? Even answer after your little rants.

Anywho, now that I'm done with my little rant, No Sheamus is not the nest Triple H. I'm not seeing it.

With that being said, Mr. Marijuanaleaf hit the nail right on the head. Bobby Roode is very Triple H like. He reminds me so much of him it's not even funny. The fact that he has never (to my knowledge) even been in a world title match, and Ken Anderson is multiple time champion makes me sick. This guy is the total package, and if TNA doesn't capitalize soon, he may jump ship.

I disagree with... Well everyone! Its okay to compare two wrestlers. Theres nothing wrong with it. Is it poor taste for sports analysts to compare Tom Brady to Joe Montana? No. Its just a general comparison of 2 great athletes with similar ability and mechanics. I dont believe that just because I compare Brady to Montana Bradys legacy is now tainted. Thats a preposterous ideal. Now to the question, I don't see anyone on the current roster that gives off that uncanny triple h vibe. Sheamus has a similar build and a slightly familiar in ring style but has definitely shown he has his own persona and really knows how run with a character no matter how overused (King Sheamus) it is.

I'm not the biggest fan of comparing a current wrestler to a past wrestler.

But if I were to choose from the current roster as to who could be the 'next' Triple H I would say nobody. I like a few others would look at a wrestler from the other side that wrestler being Robert Roode. When I see him I can see a bit of Triple H in him. He moves around the ring similar, he walks to the ring similar, he can cut a nice promo, he can work both good as a face and heel and he can deliver a nice spinebuster. That being said I still don't think that you should compare wrestlers of today to wrestlers from the past.

I really believe is good but to a level and naming the next x superstar is not good cause that to me means they are not doing their job.Simply put that every superstar wants to be known as their own self's.Making a superstar feel like another superstar puts their confidence down cause they don't want to be compared as another superstar.

Physically, yeah Seamus could be the next HHH.

As far as just plain old looks go, I was watching Daniel Bryan the other week and I thought how much he'd look like HHH if he had a long wig on. They've got around about the same face structure and both have similar noses.

My personal opinion is that Seamus won't become the next HHH, or that anyone will be able to for that matter. The control in everything backstage is just too different to allow another HHH or HBK to develop. Unless things change...

Why does everyone have to compare today's wrestlers with those of the past? I get it, there are similarities, but why can't we let the guys just...oh! dunno...be themselves, maybe? The more emphasis you put on "this guy" being like "that guy" the more you're going to be let down when "this guy" doesn't quite measure up. What I'm saying is don't shoebox/pigeonhole/fence-in these guys into a "This guys is the next...(insert name of former superstar here)" as I'm sure they're just trying to be themselves and get noticed by people such as ourselves. some of them will succeed in this endeavor and become big stars...others will not.

Thats true, but bookers constantly book one superstar based off another. Orton/Punk - SCSA, John Cena - Rock, Rock - Hogan, Morrison - HBK, Dolph - Mr. Perfect. Thats just the circle of life.

To OP.

I am going to go with The Miz. He's an awesome heel. Draws heel heat like HHH used to. The team of Miz/Morrison reminded of me of DX. Morrison is being built to be this generations HBK. The way its laid out now.

The way I see it.

Back than, the top 3 were Rock, Austin, and HHH

I think that it will soon be Cena, Orton, Punk, Miz. With Cena, Punk, and Miz on Raw, we could get some flash backs.

We can compare superstars now to superstars of the past but there is no reincarnation of them. The Miz will always be Miz no matter how much he resembles Jericho. The Miz doesn't nearly have the wrestling ability that Y2J had. If you're gonna say someone's the next "HHH or whatever" then you might as look at guys and say they are the next "Taker" or "HBK" which is impossible. No one will ever be the next great especially when it comes to guys like Taker, HBK, HHH, Bret Hart, Austin, Rock, etc.

But for the the sake of the question, I think Wade Barrett would likely be the next HHH. He has proven that he can be a great heel like HHH and has the leadership quality that HHH has when it comes to stables. HHH had Evolution and DX, Wade had Nexus, Corre, and he could lead another stable in the future. Although there is a resemblance with CM Punk/Austin and Miz/Jericho though.

I don't think anyone should be the next HHH. Just let the new generation wrestlers be themselves.

Sheamus? Sorry I don't see it.

But if I could name one person that reminds me of HHH it's Drew McIntyre.

1 - He has the right look.
2 - The Future Shock DDT reminds me of The Pedigree sometimes.
3 - His cold heel persona.
4 - The fact that he went from upper mid carder to a jobber to the stars just like HHH back in the mid 90's.

But that doesn't mean that I want Drew to go on to become the next HHH. Just let him be himself and find his way from jobber to the stars to upper midcarder again just like HHH did. All he has to do is improve in the ring and on the mic. Then he can go on to make a name for himself but again.. He shouldn't be "The next HHH".

HHH was never "jobber to the stars" as you clain he was first of all. I know, I know "but TM Punk, he lost to warrior at wm12". Yes, he did, but that was before the msg incodent, and before he "got in trouble" over it. The only punishment he had, was that austin won the kotr instead of him. After that, he won the ic title (before austin did mind you) from marc mero. He also had a HUGE storyline with a returning Mr. Perfect, but of course, you already knew that.

As for drew mcyn...however you spell his stupid ass name, he didn't "get in trouble" he just sucks.

OP is right, sheamus has the look, the attitude, and the ability to basically be a HHH clone. The only thing he's missing is long hair, a fake ass tan (which would only turn him bright pink. Trust me, I'm part irish and part scotish, I've seen it.), and maybe two or three more steroid cycles. Once he starts oozing PED's, then you'll have your new HHH.

Sheamus is clearly the closest thing to the next "Sheamus". Triple H has made Sheamus his personal project from day one. They're friends. Sheamus took Triple H OUT for about an entire year storyline wise.

It's Sheamus. Period. End of story. Lock it up, I solved this one for you.

No. Sheamus is Sheamus. HHH is HHH. CM Punk is CM Punk.
There are no "incarnations" of former wrestlers. Especially still, for the most part, active. I agree Punk reminds me of SCSA but! Just on his edgey attitude which many have.
I also see some Y2J in The Miz but thats because of the simularish build and suits.
That is pretty much it. At this day and age it is hard to come up with a new character and one that will be over with the fans.
However. WWE is doing pretty well in terms of characters imo. Recycled or not..

Why does everyone always have to be like someone else? Stone Cold was a drunk redneck who cared about whipping his boss' ass and getting the belt. Kind of like a facotry worker wanting a raise. Punk is an articulate cult hero looking to change the system. He's more like an angry college student protesting a war in DC. They really aren't the same at all when you look at their character and motivation.

I don't think anyone is the next HHH because that's a dumb idea. People need to be themselves.

How about nobody is the next anything? They're all writing their own chapter in the history books. Let the wrestlers be themselves. Sheamus is Sheamus. CM Punk is CM Punk. The Miz is The Miz. Sure there are similarities, yeah. A CD and an Ipod have similarities too, but they'll never be the same (Lame comparison, i know...but it gets the message across). So stop it with these lame threads saying _____ is the new ____....because they're all different. They're their own wrestlers...lets keep it that way.

In the words of Batista...."Basketballs....don't hold grudges"

There isn't really too much recycled talent these days as much as there are recycled gimmicks. Hustle loyalty respect is pretty much a carbon copy of Do your trainin say your prayers and take your vitamins. Del Rio is patterned obviously after Dibiase with the money being flaunted, only he doesn't have the ring ability of Dibiase, or the crowd pop. CM Punk, to me anyway, is an attempt to recreate Austin in a sense with his defy authority and speak his mind anytime attitude era qualities. Sadly, I think the reason there isn't more recycled talent is that the previous generation was more about the actual art of wrestling than most of today's talent is. There are a few true workhorses out there, but it's not like it used to be by a longshot. The mic skills used to be the icing on the cake. Now, if you can talk, you are casts into that, solely in some cases like Santino or pre push R Truth.

I think a lot of you are taking this way too literally. Op isn't asking who do you think is gonna come out to motorhead, spit all over themselves, and deliver pedigree's. He's asking who is going to be the next rarrogant, strong, badass guy that just beats peoples asses whether he's face or heel. That's the point of this. No one will ever be the same as HHH. But stylistically speaking, sheamus imo is already that guy.

Just like the punk/austin thing. These two are different in every aspect of their respective characters. Their beliefs are different, and they use different actions to get their points across. They are compaired with each other though, because they both took on the roll of the anti hero. And I don't see a problem with making these types of comparisons.

Its not about people being carbon (footprint) copies of each other. Its about comparing their characters role that they play on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back