The New Jessie and Robbie: Less Bro, More Whoa (in a Good Way)

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
If you didn't catch it live, TNA released his post-match "meltdown" here:

[YOUTUBE]bYIYjbCXZSU[/YOUTUBE]

To me, he's one of the more underrated talents in the whole company, who has been mostly lost in the static of the silly BroMans gimmick. A gimmick that was funny, and somewhat fruitful in and of itself—they did win championships, after all—but still a silly one that has masked the actual wrestling ability of both men behind a haze of spray tan and antics.

If I'm reading the tea leaves right, between using the "Adonis" Boston Crab as his new finisher and the promo he cut abusing DJZ after, it sure looks like we're going with a new narcissist-style gimmick for him. Which frankly, is perfect. He looks like one. He's the one with the muscles, like he said. He's the one with the good looks. It's kind of perfect.

And the real beauty behind the break up is that it also frees Robbie E from the same bonds and shackles he was latched with. I wish he'd cut that stupid fucking hair cut, but he's another exceptionally talented wrestler who hasn't really been allowed to put that on display much through the tag team gimmick they ran.

The feud they're about to embark on should effectively showcase what both men really are. The X division will probably benefit from this after when Robbie E ultimately goes over as a far better wrestler than he's been able to show he is to date, and TNA gains a solid mid-card heel (something they need) in Godderz, who can take out his frustrations on others outside Robbie and DJZ.

Godderz may not be the best mat technician in the company, but he's more than qualified to be on television. Frankly, I see a lot of money there because both his look and his ability to talk will more than make up for whatever handful of moves he can't really pull off that well. Right now, he projects to be, effectively, everything Rob Terry wasn't. Because Terry had all the same looks with absolutely none of the talent, in the ring or on the mic. He was a fucking statue paraded around in the hopes that no one would realize it was made of papier-mâché.

Jessie Godderz did amazing last night, i couldn't believe it.. I didn't think he had it in him. TNA may have a new star on their hands.

Agreed. When TNA signed Jessie I thought it was a joke. And even though the Bro-Mans were incredibly over (when I went to the live shows in NYC, they seemed to be one of the top 3 sellers for shirts), they wrestled as a joke, if that seems possible since they won championships. But now, I like this change. That's the most interesting thing he has done.

I like DJ Zema's gimmick, and I hope Robbie E stops being a Jersey Boy, and gets repackaged as well. But for this post's topic, I have to say I'm excited to see what Jessie is going to do going forward. I hope after the feud with Robbie, they don't drop the ball.

I like the direction for both of them, though obviously as it's TNA the chances of it working out are 50/50 at best.

Jessie has needed the time together with the BroMans though, he's obviously improved both in the ring and on the mic since the team came together plus the angle of the breakup to push him on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back