The New ECW Title Belt

How does the new belt look?

• Fantastic

• Good enough

• Average

• Bad

• Atrocious

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I’ve given this new ECW belt a couple months. It hasn't grown on me. Seeing the belt on Matt Hardy this past week made me realize just how plain-looking and bulky it truly is. I think I didn’t really notice so much before because the belt didn’t seem so out of place on Mark Henry...it almost seems custom-made for him.

They want us to view the ECW title as a “world” championship, but I can’t for one simple, logical reason. It’s not gold. I can’t think of any other sport whose world/top title is NOT gold. Seriously the indy federation in town that plays to maybe 150 people twice a month in a warehouse at least has gold belts and they’re more attractive and legit looking than this ECW thing.:disappointed:

this belt actually isn't bad. i kind of like the all silver, cuz that's like ecw's color. raw's is red, smackdown's is blue, and ecw's is silver. im not sayin that a blue belt or a red belt would be cool for sd or raw, but i think the silver is cool. the design is awesome, with the flames and stuff. not the best belt ever, but not bad. i agree with matt_09, and the old ecw belt sucked so much.
-zero

well, considering ECW isnt extreme like it used to be, I'm glad they changed the belt to represent what ECw is now - some stupid one-hour WWE Heat.

As chasingamy has pointed out if it is supposedly a main event belt should it not be in gold to signify its prestige? To me it just looks like a bulk of tin. The wwe could have done much better. The old ECW belt looked way more appealing and it actually looked like it was worth something. Albeit the old belts look did not go with the current ECW they should have kept it instead of introducing this piece of crap.

Thank you WWE! Thank you for taking my mind off the spinning piece of crap WWE Championship and placing it on the "Platinum" piece of crap that is now the ECW Championship. The only reason the title was changed is so that the WWE could slap their logo on the top and devalue the remains of the ECW!

Sure the champion has a spot for his name. So you know who your laughing at!

Yes it's big and shinny, but that doesn't make it worthy of the name on it. ECW is Extreme Championship Wrestling!

It would have been easier for me is if the title and brand had change all together. Instead of ECW they could have restarted the WCW (Worlds Crappiest Wrestling) and then presented the shinny, new turd to go with the proper name!
:cuss2:

I understand what WWE is doing by making their world titles like the Gold-Bronze-Silver medals of the Olympic I think its a neat idea but I mean not like the ECW title was worth anything to begin with I mean after 1998 the title started to be well forgotten

So I’ve given this new ECW belt a couple months. It hasn't grown on me. Seeing the belt on Matt Hardy this past week made me realize just how plain-looking and bulky it truly is. I think I didn’t really notice so much before because the belt didn’t seem so out of place on Mark Henry...it almost seems custom-made for him.

They want us to view the ECW title as a “world” championship, but I can’t for one simple, logical reason. It’s not gold. I can’t think of any other sport whose world/top title is NOT gold. Seriously the indy federation in town that plays to maybe 150 people twice a month in a warehouse at least has gold belts and they’re more attractive and legit looking than this ECW thing.:disappointed:

I have to disagree. The WWE has no intention in regarding the ECW title as a world title. The older ECW title (can't say original because the Sadman and and Shane Douglas had a different ECW belt in their earlier reigns) said "ECW World Heavyweight Champion" The WWE wants to remove the "World Heavyweight Champion" from the ECW belt just like it took Heavyweight off the Intercontinental title. They really need to do something about the naming of the belts because even the United States belt used to be called the "United States Heavyweight Champion". Every belt except for their top two has lost value in the WWE. You are right, the silverness of the belt makes the belt s***. They gave CM punk the belt and then gave him World Heavyweight Gold. That was their way of telling the fans the ECW belt doesn't mean as much. All 3 belts should be equal. To top it off on ECW last week Jack Swagger took the ECW title Rhino, RVD, Big Show, and every champ until Mark Henry held and threw it in the garbage. Our only hope is for Vince to find it in his heart to make Dreamer champ and I am POSITIVE he would trash the current version of the title.

I have to disagree. The WWE has no intention in regarding the ECW title as a world title. The older ECW title (can't say original because the Sadman and and Shane Douglas had a different ECW belt in their earlier reigns) said "ECW World Heavyweight Champion" The WWE wants to remove the "World Heavyweight Champion" from the ECW belt just like it took Heavyweight off the Intercontinental title. They really need to do something about the naming of the belts because even the United States belt used to be called the "United States Heavyweight Champion". Every belt except for their top two has lost value in the WWE. You are right, the silverness of the belt makes the belt s***. They gave CM punk the belt and then gave him World Heavyweight Gold. That was their way of telling the fans the ECW belt doesn't mean as much. All 3 belts should be equal. To top it off on ECW last week Jack Swagger took the ECW title Rhino, RVD, Big Show, and every champ until Mark Henry held and threw it in the garbage. Our only hope is for Vince to find it in his heart to make Dreamer champ and I am POSITIVE he would trash the current version of the title.

Frankly...who cares? This is ECW we're talking about, the playground for developing superstars and releasees. The one-hour show with literaly only 2 or 3 matches. No surprise to me the belt is bland. It fits with the rest of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back