• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz as Champion

The last six weeks might be the clearest indication that it is going to happen soon. We've seen WWE make some guys pay their dues for a long period of time before surprising us and putting a title on them (R-Truth comes to mind).

As well, we've seen where a losing streak can lead to a nice push (MVP) and even a title win. An example of this was Batista's last title run. As far as I could see, management said to him: "Let yourself suffer a pinfall loss to Rey Mysterio and we'll give you a world championship." Seeing him pinned by Rey was one of the most visually ridiculous things I've witnessed. I can't see why he would have allowed it......except for a deal to be the champ.

Perhaps Miz's losing streak is the prelude to a world title, too. If not, I can't imagine why they have him losing so much.

This is what I don't like about WWE. Paying dues is one thing, but for guys that lose consecutively, winning the World Championship? It's just unbelievable. It makes the title look less prestigious (although the WWE seems to have thrown out prestige factor on World titles). Jack Swagger for instance has had some decent title defences, but prior to winning the World title (as cheaply as he did with the MitB and the same goes for Edge and CM Punk), he was losing constantly. At least Edge was playing into his gimmick and CM Punk was a swerve, but Swagger looked weak. Meanwhile, guys like Dolph Ziggler and Christian are doing nothing but having random matches and going nowhere near the World title.

the best thing for the miz wud be to win money in the bank at the upcoming ppv then wait the majority of the year similar to edge in the 1st MITB and have good developing feuds with main eventers and high midcarders such as jericho orton sheamus morrison danielson before cashing in to be champ as this wud make him more a creadible champion

I think it has to happen soon, other than Jericho he is the most entertaining guy on the roster by a country mile. Like many before him I suspect dropping the midcard titles is a prelude to main event status. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a WWE title reign by the end of the year. After he puts Danielson ove the only way is up. As he says he is the reason we tune into Raw, and if only in my case it's completely true.

well when i first heard of the miz i was like great heres a reality show guy wanting to be a wrestler ok he wont last long a few months maybe get his ass kicked alot then he will be gone then i see his debut match against a seasoned veteran and i was impressed and he has gotton better since then he seems like he is willing to learn from the older guys and he listens to them but as far as a world title i got to side with the majority here and say no still not ready yet another 2 years then yes.

I don't think the losing streak the Miz is on has any relevance in a future world title run. When you hold other titles then its pretty much impossible to be the world champion. It only makes sense that if they are setting up a title run he would have to go on a losing streak at least when it comes to the United States and Tag Team belts. I personally am not sure the Miz is ready for the world title, but I didn't think Sheamus was near ready but look at the success he has had since they put the title on him. The bottom line is whether the online community likes it or not, when the WWE decides to put the belt on someone they gain credibility and the Miz is further along than some of the guys that have had success in similar situations recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back