The last big "mark out" moment in wrestling: STING

MrGameTime

Pre-Show Stalwart
To me and alot of others who have watched Sting over the decades his WWE debut will be a legit mark out moment, maybe one of the only potential BIG moments left to get people truly excited about the wrestling product again.

Its been a long time coming but it looks like WWE have finally got the biggest star to have never wrestled in there company to finally do so at Mania next year...Now I ask which is the best way you would debut Sting in WWE in what must be in an Impactful way?

Here is my scernario:
1st week in Jan 2015 on RAW creepy black and white videos start airing on the titantron INBETWEEN random matches, these never show Sting fully but show a black scorpion/smoke/darkness and at the end the date for RR, the commentary team have few words and act shocked and confused, let these air inbetween A different match on each RAW building up to RR never the same match with the same talent to shutdown any idea of sting starting a feud with a current guy on the roster.

In the RR match, Number 30 or 40(if 40 guys) buzzes, lights go out, smoke appears His music hits and Sting is on the ramp in all black and white facepaint, long trenchcoat with bat in hand the crowd erupts, everyone in the rumble match stops and all stare at Sting, he enters the ring and cleans house laying out everyone in ring and throwing some guys over the top rope. No man is left standing except Sting, the Icon walks around the ring with the trademark emotionless facial expression he then goes out under the middle rope grabs a mic from ringside he enters the ring again slowly points his bat at the wrestlemania 31 sign high up and says only one name... "Undertaker" drops the mic then eliminates himself by going over the top rope the way kane used to do by holding his hands on the ropes back against them and slowly lifting himself over to the ring floor.

This way it creates a MASSIVE debut moment for Sting, puts him over, still leaves the potential RR winner in the match with others on the floor, dosent bury them as Sting had a bat as a weapon the match can then carry on untill the winner is crowned.

This moment would be like Lesnar breaking the Streak but even better the fans would be shocked to the core, half would be marking out the other half would be loosing there minds.

This is my idea... how would you debut Sting in WWE?

Any scenario would have complaints man. Just to be devil's advocate here:

If Sting does indeed return in the Royal Rumble, and is the last man standing, quite a number of people would complain on how a wrestler made his debut and won over many other wrestlers who deserve to be the main event scene. Who would be in the main event picture then? Would we have another battle royal or series of matches to decide a number one contender? Plus, Sting will be a part-timer, and I don't think he would want to have his spot over other youngsters that are struggling.

Sting's debut will be huge. In my opinion, Undertaker vs. Sting can be a MASSIVE match, perhaps match of the decade ... if it has the right build. We need Taker to appear more on television, cut promos, participate in matches just a bit more. We need a legitimate rivalry, something so big that both wrestlers can retire after this match. After the match with Brock Lesnar, I don't think Undertaker can go much longer, and he doesn't need to either; in my opinion he is the biggest star and one I respect the most as well. But if he will dance one more time on the Mania stage, he needs to get in shape again and so will Sting.

Starting from December, we have flashes and videos doing the promo for Sting. I believe the night AFTER Royal Rumble, we have Sting debut. Cut off a Seth Rollins promo or maybe even Brock Lesnar's promo (LOL i mean Paul Heyman) and leave him flat in the ring. Then have the remainder of the month and mid-February with Sting just appearing in matches randomly and backstage with one question: "Where is he?"

"Send him the message. The Grim Reaper is here to take his soul at last." A good one sentence promo after leaving Kane a broken heap in the ring or something. Then have Undertaker appear in the beginning of March and build up the match. Have the Wrestlemania match one for the century. Have it be 20-25 minutes and I don't even care if these wrestlers pass out after the match, have them slug it out and give 110%. Match ends with Undertaker barely making it on his feet for the 10-count just as Sting is getting off one knee. That way Taker and Sting can walk off the stage as equals.

This should be Undertaker's last match. Whether or not Sting will have more matches, I don't know. But as for Sting's debut, I definitely think the RAW after RR will be perfect, maybe laying out the winner of the Rumble or the WWE champ

To me and alot of others who have watched Sting over the decades his WWE debut will be a legit mark out moment, maybe one of the only potential BIG moments left to get people truly excited about the wrestling product again.

Its been a long time coming but it looks like WWE have finally got the biggest star to have never wrestled in there company to finally do so at Mania next year...Now I ask which is the best way you would debut Sting in WWE in what must be in an Impactful way?

Here is my scernario:
1st week in Jan 2015 on RAW creepy black and white videos start airing on the titantron INBETWEEN random matches, these never show Sting fully but show a black scorpion/smoke/darkness and at the end the date for RR, the commentary team have few words and act shocked and confused, let these air inbetween A different match on each RAW building up to RR never the same match with the same talent to shutdown any idea of sting starting a feud with a current guy on the roster.

In the RR match, Number 30 or 40(if 40 guys) buzzes, lights go out, smoke appears His music hits and Sting is on the ramp in all black and white facepaint, long trenchcoat with bat in hand the crowd erupts, everyone in the rumble match stops and all stare at Sting, he enters the ring and cleans house laying out everyone in ring and throwing some guys over the top rope. No man is left standing except Sting, the Icon walks around the ring with the trademark emotionless facial expression he then goes out under the middle rope grabs a mic from ringside he enters the ring again slowly points his bat at the wrestlemania 31 sign high up and says only one name... "Undertaker" drops the mic then eliminates himself by going over the top rope the way kane used to do by holding his hands on the ropes back against them and slowly lifting himself over to the ring floor.

This way it creates a MASSIVE debut moment for Sting, puts him over, still leaves the potential RR winner in the match with others on the floor, dosent bury them as Sting had a bat as a weapon the match can then carry on untill the winner is crowned.

This moment would be like Lesnar breaking the Streak but even better the fans would be shocked to the core, half would be marking out the other half would be loosing there minds.

Bravo

Well done, sir.

Best sting debut Ive heard yet. I usually pride myself on coming up with great booking ideas... But this has all of mine beat.

If anyone in the WWE reads these boards.., then BOOK IT^

(You know they do)

I have some problems with this:

- WWE is trying to sell a network. You're having Sting appear and compete in a WWE ring for the first time but not clearly promoting it.
- Sting coming out and laying out or eliminating everyone makes everyone look bad. He is in his fifties. Are guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, and Wyatt supposed to just lay down for Sting? It sends a bad message.
- By eliminating himself it takes away from the winner. If the winner is going to go after the title at Mania, that winner needs the biggest push possible.

Would it be a huge mark out moment? Absolutely. But from a company standpoint you are leaving money on the table. From a roster standpoint a lot of guys are going to look bad. You may also be damaging the appeal of your main event title match at Mania.

Not too mention a lot of folks are burnt out on the idea of a Sting vs a newly defeated Undertaker match at Mania and all the pointing at WM 31 signs that would have to come with it.

Don't forget, none of this is even close to being a sure thing. I'm certain Sting is healthy, but will Undertaker be ready? I'd kind of want to see Cena vs. Sting instead. Think about it, Sting was the face of WCW for over 10 years, Cena's been the face of WWE for over 10 years. Sting's the Icon, Cena's the Franchise (and this is coming from a guy who's not a Cena fan). Sting can carry Cena to a good match, and Cena should be able to protect Sting and have a longer match with him than 'Taker could.

The OP's suggestion isn't the worst thing I've heard. Really, it's better than a lot of what WWE "creative" have come up with lately. I still think it ever so slightly buries the other guys, though, since Sting comes away looking like the strongest guy and the one who deserves the title shot.

However he debuts, I think Sting vs. Undertaker will be a classic. No, I mean the actual match, not just the buildup. Sting has clearly been getting rid of all his excess t-shirt fat (recent clip of him, for those who haven't seen it), and I think it's unfair to dismiss Undertaker on one lacklustre performance. His match with Punk last year was a classic, and he had a couple very good matches afterwards. Undertaker was concussed against Lesnar, which has to be considered when grading the match.

I remember watching the flat-top at my buddy's house, wondering when he'd come to WWE. That was 25 years ago. I saw the returns of Hulk, Rock, Brock, Bret, Shawn... they were emotional, but they won't touch seeing Sting appear after all this time. It's the one big moment left to see, and based on the quality of WWE's current product, Sting's farewell appearance will likely be the last time I ever tune in. It's gonna be bittersweet.

Right now the thought of the Shield guys, Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan working main event matches at WrestleMania is way more exciting to me than the thought of Sting vs. The Undertaker, HHH or anybody for that matter. Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville getting to have a match on the preshow would probably make me mark out more personally, not trying to sound like a douche. What I’m saying is the future has never looked brighter with all the awesome talent just waiting in the wings and just now tapping into their full potential, yah Sting might be cool for the nostalgia kick but he isn’t what he once was and there’s a lot of awesome talent on the roster who I’d personally rather bet my money on to deliver an awesome show on the biggest stage of them all, minus the smoke and mirrors. The entrances are one thing but if once the bell rings things go south and the crowd shit all over it, that’s not a good way for Sting to go out. Honestly, I think there is absolutely no shame in Sting just bowing out and accepting a Hall of Fame spot at this point and I would probably mark out somewhat if he showed up on Raw just to promote that.

I will say though that if he were a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble that would be all kinds of awesome, but he would have to loss obviously and then where does he go from there? The Undertaker is done, or he should be and Sting vs. HHH, why? For what reason would they have to fight, maybe one last crack at making some money off the WWF vs. WCW feud but Sting vs. HHH doesn’t really make any sense. When you think about it when the war was at its peak those two never really had any reason to antagonize one another at any point. If anything Sting should be all like, “fuck you dude for sending your shitty ass friends to come fuck up my company” but then Triple H could be all like “what, you think that was an inside job, man? You think Vince was behind the NWO , man? You Probably think we sent Bret over there too hey, man? Hey why don’t you fuck off back to TNA, man?”

Really the only thing I I think might be cool with when it comes to Sting wrestling at Mania, and it would have to involve a shit ton of smoke and mirrors, the kind only WWE can do, would be for him to take an absolute beating from Bray Wyatt. Like a thanks for coming back but your time is clearly up zero offence in beating.

I can only see Sting facing Undertaker. No other match would quite live up to it.
I would have Taker come out as if to announce his retirement, half way through the speech the lights go out, when they come back up a steel chair with a bat is in the ring.

Here is my scernario:

I llike the idea of sting debut at rumble , your debut seems great. I would be very happy with that debut. I would debut him in a different way. I've heard its going to be 40 wrestlers this year. I would have loved to see him clash with bray Wyatt, Kane and triple h before clashing with undertaker at mania . But I think he only wants one match.
This is how I would debut sting based on current www story lines. Id have a promo air after the main event in survivor series. A dark confusing one where people assume its wyatt family. Then id have random promos airing up to the rumble. We all remember mania 27 promos with taker and we though it was sting at the abandon house? Id have them play that promo again on the smackdown before rumble when he goes in the house and slams the door. Id then have the curtain open with a little girl in the window saying to taker "hes coming" then taker shuts the curtain. Then at rumble 2015 have a few former stars and legends return to participate in rumble. Id have muhammed hasan, carlito, shelton benjiman, chris masters, ddp, Kurt angle and Hogan. Id have sandow get eliminated then come out dressed as hogandow lol. Id have angle debut as number 39. And knowing the wwe universe they will be expecting sting to be number 40. But id make undertaker number 40 so we get stars like Wyatt, cesaro, reigns, Barret, ambrose, ryback getting a decent rub from taker and angle. Id have final 2 being taker and the other being reigns, Wyatt or cesaro. Id have taker tombstone the last opponent then lean against the ropes. Do his cut throat taunt then the lights go out. Promo airs. It shows the abandon cabin with the little girl peaking out the window. She starts crying. Taker looks through the window puts his hand on her shoulder. She looks up at him and says"he's here" then the door flys open. The girl runs out in the pouring rain. Trips up at the front of the cabin in the mud. Taker walks out towards her. She looks up pass the undertaker . She screams and points at the roof. Taker turns around faces the cabin. The camera angle is on the door. And it slowly makes way towards the roof. We see a dark pair of boots. Legs. Jacket and bat pointing at the undertaker. Camera goes back to undertaker. His eyes are white and he's clutching his fists. Camera goes back to the roof and has a perfect shot of sting. The crowd at rumble go nuts. Lights come on and stings standing behind undertaker on the apron. He pulls taker over the top rope. When his feet touch the floor, the lights go out again. Lights go on. Taker and sting no where to be seen. The last person in the ring celebrates(most likely reigns), then id have lesnar go out there and drop him with an f5 starting off their fued and ending the rumble. Id have lots of promos featuring sing and undertaker. With both not making an appearance till raw after elimination chamber. Id have commentators saying vince mcmahon will be appearing at raw. After raw main event id have McMahon come to the ring with triple h, Kane and stephanie. Id have McMahon announce after years of myths and legends, we are all here today to witness the contract signing for the most anticipated match in history. Undertaker vs sting. Undertaker makes his appearance. Sting finally makes his appearance. Sting and taker on opposite sides of the table. Kane walks by undertaker holds out a pen, tells him to sign. Taker does exactly the same as last year aginst lesnar. and stabs a pen in his hand and signs. Kane flees the ring in pain. Triple h walks over to sting and laughs at him drops a pen by his feet. And says pick it up and sign the contract laughing. Sting laughs back and when triple h turns his back he drops him with a death drop. Picks up the pen, looks at taker, smiles and drops the pen. Vince walks over picks up the pen. Slams it in stings chest screams at sting and tells him to sign. Sting bends mcmahons fingers and death drops him. Picks up the pen and smiles at taker and drops the pen. Stephanie picks up pen. Walks over to sting with contract. Asks sting to sign. Sting smiles and signs. Kane runs back in the ring. Sting cuts him off with a drop kick. Picks Kane up and scoop slams him through the table. Picks up a MIC, points bat at taker and says "deadman, you're a dead man" drops the mic, reaches in his jacket pulls out a small silver pocket watch throws it at taker softly so he catches it and says" times up" reaches in his jacket. Pulls out a deck of cards(jokers only) places one each on McMahon, triple h and Kane. Gives one Stephanie. Jumps out the ring and starts randomly throwing them in the crowd till he gets back stage and raw ends. The next time they see each other will be mania 31 which I'm really hoping Austin is the ref. Id also give them a 25min match. With interference by attitude era stars. I dont mind who wins or loses. Cant wait

thanks warlord for your comments,

and I like the ideas in the thread.

He is coming for a match it's certain its just a matter of when and where

I like your idea I wouldn't have scorpions in videos tho gives it away too much just simple videos keeps you guessing that it might not be sting could be anyone. As for George steele's barber said yes there trying to sell the network but promoting him would cheapen his debut it needs to a surprise to get the mark out it the legend like sting deserves.

Joined the forum just to give my Sting debut idea.

While I like the OP’s idea, I think debuting Sting during RR could distract from the match itself, which is supposed to be a big deal. Here’s what I would love to see:

First, this takes place on Raw in a smart crowd (Chicago, NY, Philly, etc.). The announcers tease all night long about a special announcement happening tonight, but no one knows exactly what it is or when it will be. The announcers, wrestlers, and whoever the authority figure is speculate on it all night.

Finally, near the end of Raw, the arena goes dark and Taker’s gong sounds. Fog fills the arena and the Undertaker appears and heads to the ring—in his hands he’s carrying the urn. He gets to the stairs, turns the lights on, steps into the ring, and makes his way to the center. There he stands for a minute, before putting the urn down on the ring floor. He then stands there for another minute, and then turns to leave.

This is Taker effectively retiring.

Just as he makes it to the ropes (entrance side) to exit, the lights go out and lightning begins to strike. The lights flicker and dimly come back on. From the rafters, to the opposite corner of the ring, drops Sting (I know, I know, they probably won’t do this because of Owen Hart, but let me dream. He will most likely just be standing there when the lights come on).

The crowd is going nuts. Taker is now staring at Sting, shocked. Sting is staring at Taker, emotionless. After a minute of staring at each other, Sting breaks the stare and looks down at the urn, Taker does the same. Sting looks back up at Taker, then slowly walks towards the urn. Taker is rooted in place, unsure what is going to happen, Sting stands by the urn, then picks it up and walks towards Taker.

They are now a mere three or four feet away from each other, the crowd is going ballistic.

Sting extends his arm holding the urn to Taker, who after a second or two takes it from Sting. Sting then reaches into his coat and retrieves his bat. Without looking away from Taker, Sting raises his bat, pointing at the Wrestlemania sign above. Taker looks at the sign, Sting keeps staring at Taker. After a moment Taker looks back at Sting, who lowers his bat, takes a few steps back, turns, and leaves the ring.

Sting hops the barricade and leaves through the crowd. About halfway up the steps, he stops and looks back at Taker. Taker is now in the center of the ring, he makes the throat cutting gesture, drops to one knee and raises the urn. Sting simply points his bat at Taker.

That’s it. No words. No physicality. Simply two greats in the same ring letting their aura's do the talking

I'm continuing my 823 part series where I talk to myself:

I have some problems with this:

- WWE is trying to sell a network. You're having Sting appear and compete in a WWE ring for the first time but not clearly promoting it.

What an idiot I am? Of course Vince is going to completely suck the build out of Sting's initial appearance for the company. Why would he try to build a story around it? That is what stupid people do. I'm sure every fan that took advantage last night of the free Network PPV is now going to assume that WWE shocks their audience like that all the time and therefore buy the network they wouldn't part with their money from the in the first place. :sarcasm emoticon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back