• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The It Prints Money" Award For The Nintendo Game Of The Year

Who wins the award?

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

• Sonic: Colours

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii

• Epic Mickey

• Dragon Quest IX

• Kirby's Epic Yarn

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
nintendo-logo.jpg

Nominees:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Sonic: Colours
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Epic Mickey
Dragon Quest IX
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Selected by the people, for the people!

Sam really should have called this the little Italian Plumber award. That being said, this might be more competitive than I had possibly imagined. 2 consoles fight for the right to take home this award.

Which game takes home this prestigious award? You decide!

*Polls will go up in 2 days! In the event of a tie, written votes will sway the decision

This is a very tough one for me. I loved Pokemon HG/SS because it brought back a lot of nostalgia for me. On the other hand, I also loved Super Mario Galaxy 2. However, I'm going to have to go with HG/SS on this one. Like I said, the feeling of nostalgia really takes the cake for me. I've often called the original Gold and Silver versions "The best Pokemon games of all time." They're also my favorites -- and with good reason, too. Everything about these games was superb. From the storyline, to the region, right down to the music, everything in the old version seemed to click with me. When HG/SS came out, I played the Heart Gold. Boy, was I impressed. Somehow, Nintendo found a way to take a masterpiece, and refurbish it to the point of making it seem new again. Like the old games, everything clicked. The old storyline was there, and there were even some new things to do in it. The graphics were revamped and looked absolutely superb for a Nintendo DS game. Add in the fact that you had added Pokemon from the other games, and you have yourself a hell of a game.

Super Mario Galaxy is a close second, but Pokemon HG/SS take the cake for me.

Nintendo has had a great year. Two of their most known brands have had games out (Mario and Pokemon) that continued that Nintendo = Quality.

I am going with Super Mario Galaxy 2. Come on. How is a Mario platformer not considered game of the year? The game is easy to play, but hard to beat. For the overachievers, impossible to beat without wanting to throw your Wii remote into the TV. The graphics are vibrant and colorful and the story wasn't some overly contrived emo story. It was just Mario being Mario.

Haven't played Sonic Colours yet, getting it for Christmas though!
Super Mario Galaxy 2 for me. They actually topped the first one, which was absolutly amazing

It's hard for me. All are just great. But I have to go with Mario Bros. Wii. The co-op sells it for me. It adds something new to such a legendary style of game. It used to be about Player 1 going first and then Player 2. But not here. It's all at once. It adds a party feeling that the other games on the list don't have.

Galaxy 2. At one point I said Galaxy 1 was one of the best games ever made, Galaxy 2 is better than 1 so simple logic on this one. It's not a remake which is why I'm voting it over Pokemon.

Sonic Colours? Really, how did that even get nominated? Epic Mickey was a huge disappointment and Epic Yarn isn't even out yet in the PAL region.

Dragon Quest IX was a fantastic game, I've clocked up quite a lot of gameplay on it this year, but it wouldn't be one I would go back to whilst SMG2 would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back