The Impact Wrestling Area An Improvement Over the Impact Zone

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
Just as the title suggest I am really digging the new look Impact Wrestling has with their studio. The "iMPACT ZONE" Over the years looked changed from very third rate, too just third rate. But this new Impact Zone, it's either the change of color or the way they change the seating arrangements but it looks very impressive. No longer does it look like it is being recording in a community Middle School Gym or a bingo hall.

It honestly feels like Impact Wrestling is taking great strides in being able to really call themselves to contenders to World Wre...ehm I mean WWE.

The Impact Zone makeover looks decent, but at the end of the day, they can't fool themselves into thinking they're "contenders" to WWE for a couple of reasons: while the Impact Zone looks better, doing almost every show and PPV there, while WWE does theirs in arenas will always make TNA/Impact Wrestling look second rate in appearance, even to the casual viewer. But it doesn't make sense for TNA/Impact to try to challenge WWE because they're two VERY different companies with to very different products. WWE is all about broadening its audience and appealing to a younger demographic, TNA wants to dominate the Attitude Era audience. If you ask me TNA is actually in competition with MMA, because they're actually targeting the same audiences. If I could give Dixie, Hulk, Bischoff, Jarrett and Russo any advice, it would be "don't even worry about WWE, and make Impact Wrestling your main focus, don't mention them in promos, don't put up billboards near them, just do you."

It does look a little better but like blkshp said it still looks second rate. Especially compared to WWEs production and huge arenas with ten thousand plus fans. The only thing I don't like about the new graphic, is it looks a lot the Smackdown graphics. They can change their look over and over but their still a long way away from competing with WWE. That wont change until their ratings improve and they leave that sound stage.

Would still look better if they went back to the 6 sided ring it helped make them standout before. As far as there slogan Wrestling Matters if that's the case why do we see 2-3 segments with Bischoff and Hogan every week. All they have is a new name, new look but nothing else has changed still too much story lines with Hogan.

Would still look better if they went back to the 6 sided ring it helped make them standout before. As far as there slogan Wrestling Matters if that's the case why do we see 2-3 segments with Bischoff and Hogan every week. All they have is a new name, new look but nothing else has changed still too much story lines with Hogan.

To a degree I agree with this. The arena looks good and the wrestling seems to have picked up a bit. Still, too much damn Hogan hogging the spotlight. Let the Wrestlers actually do what they need to do. Might help some more.

If you read Bischoffs article on the main page, he says that they are taking slow steps to improve the product and that the company have been guilty of rushing changes too often in the past. They are now looking at altering the product bit by bit, learning from their mistakes and improving it long term, rather than trying to fix the problem overnight. This long term approach gives me hope that they can improve and hopefully they will see it through and when Bischoff and Hogan eventually do leave (be it in 1, 3, 5 or 10 years) they will have left the company in a much better position than when they arrived.

Yeah I noticed that this week. The show overall has a new feel. The change of color scheme makes it feel new every time I see it.. probably just cuz I've been used to red for the better part of 9 years. The Impact Zone even looks bigger. Idk if it's just lighting or what but I'm diggin it.

Shouldnt have changed the color scheme to blue, and not the shade of which they have. Red is a color of passion, and leaps out more. Its all seems really gloomy now.

Also the recycling minitron vids remind me of a cheap ass video game or something.

Overall a good change, but the color scheme is shit.

Yup. I like it alot.

Its much improved.. The red just seemed like the wanna be raw.. even though Smackdown! already has the Blue style going on.. It looks a lot better and original.

i actually really enjoyed it.
i know what tna/impact is capable of presenting us with. thats why "the best of" sets of tna are usually must owns for me. and to be honest lately there hasnt been much that you could put on one of those dvds...but this new arena gives me hope. and im very intrigued to see what they do with this new chance.

Yes it does look nice with the new color scheme and new graphics but this once again brings up the issue of: Get out of the damn Impact Zone! Hogan is constantly preaching that TNA needs to get on the road and do TV and PPV's on the road, yet the March 3rd Impact has been the only TV show on the road and with Lockdown being the only on the road PPV.

I really hope we get more TV tapings outside of the Impact Zone in the coming months, but unfortunately I think BFG will be the only other PPV besides Lockdown that will be out of the Impact Zone.

But yes I do like the new Impact Zone, but whatever happened to the blue/gold scheme?
Regardless it does look good, and it definitely looks more like an arena than a soundstage. But once again, when TNA can get out of that damn soundstage, it will be a vast improvement for the company.

No longer does it look like it is being recording in a community Middle School Gym or a bingo hall.

Actually, it does.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but... it's still a pig. The place stinks. It looks more expensive than a high school gym, but the atmosphere is terrible. I don't care how many times this has been repeated, it's true.

I understand why they aren't completely on the road right now, but eventually, it needs to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back