The Guns' Next Opponents For the Tag Titles...

TheTemp

Occasional Pre-Show
Are the team of Wolfe and Magnus!

20100811-00226.jpg

After winning in the finals of the TNA Tag Team Tournament on Xplosion recently by defeating Ink Inc. of Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal, these two will now take on the TNA World Tag Team Champions in Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin!

The question arises though. As well know how great Desmond Wolfe [Nigel McGuinness] can wrestle, will Magnus be able to keep up with the other 3 Men when these 2 teams go at it? The Guns just had a great 6 Matches in a row from Victory Road to The Whole F'n Show iMPACT! Special against Beer Money Inc. and came out on top. Now a new team waits in the wings to try and dethrone the Machine Guns, and if I can recall, Wolfe and Magnus have only had about 3, possibly 4, matches together.

What do you guys think will happen here when The Guns take on Wolfe and Magnus? Who do you feel will win, and do you think this could be any good?

I'm pretty sure the Guns can work with anybody. Obviously Wolfe is a quality guy in there and I'm pretty sure Magnus isn't completely shit. I mean, he can talk and whatnot. That should be enough to make it a good feud.

I have a bad feeling that Wagnus is going to win the titles here. TNA just does stupid shit like that. The Guns need to hold the titles as long as possible, because you know they'll disappear as soon as they lose them.

Also, why the fuck are Chelsea and Wofe still together?

Eh. I do think the MCMG are prolly the most overrated thing in TNA today. They don't strike well, someone forgot to tell them that selling is important and mah gawd if there was a rule against set spots, they would've been fired a loooonnnnnnggggggg time ago. I also hate their look.

As far as Magnus and Wolfe.. Interesting. That screen cap makes them look like they have chemistry as a team. Magnus is very charismatic and is okay in the ring while Wolfe.. I am not a fan of his ring work to be honest. His matches follow that IWC checklist a match MUST have to be "good": Mat work that goes no where, at least 5 submissions that must be broken out of, overcontrived highspots, and last, but not least, selling is totally optional.

If they just have Magnus squash MCMG, then it could be good. The guy is a pretty big dude, so there's no reason for Sabin and/or Shelly to be making Magnus flip around.

Could be interesting, though if the Guns were to drop the titles anytime soon then it would generally make the entire series of matches they've worked with Beer Money absolutely worthless in the long run. And, quite honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were to actually happen as TNA is known for its short term sights.

Magnus is pretty decent in the ring and we all know that Wolfe is quality. I like the idea of finally seeing Desmond Wolfe involved in something relevant and significant in TNA, but I would have preferred to have actually seen him and Magnus in the ring and being built up over time and becoming championship contenders instead of them winning their shot in yet another TNA #1 contender tournament. After all, Xplosion doesn't air in the states that I'm aware of

Time for a major quote fest;

Are the team of Wolfe and Magnus!
Fantastic, a team with a style that great contrasts the MCMG, a technician and a power guy with a mild amount of mat skill.

The question arises though. As well know how great Desmond Wolfe [Nigel McGuinness] can wrestle, will Magnus be able to keep up with the other 3 Men when these 2 teams go at it?
Absolutely, having watched them on Xplosion, especially the Ink Inc. match, Magnus has shown great ring awareness and much like BMI and the MCMG, this team has solid chemistry, with good double team maneuveres. Wolfe is a much better wrestler than Magnus, but Magnus is by no means bad and his look, combined with mic. skill and adequate ring skill should work out wll. Plus Chelsea has reverted back to her "valet distraction ways" which gives them the classic heel style characteristics.

The Guns just had a great 6 Matches in a row from Victory Road to The Whole F'n Show iMPACT! Special against Beer Money Inc. and came out on top. Now a new team waits in the wings to try and dethrone the Machine Guns, and if I can recall, Wolfe and Magnus have only had about 3, possibly 4, matches together.
What you're forgetting is that this is basically the British Invasion 2.0. Magnus spent most of last year and the begining of this one, wrestling alongside Douglas Williams who is a lot like Wolfe, being a technician. Magnus has had plenty of experience as the power guy who teams with a mat wrestler. On top of that, Wolfe is just downright good.

What do you guys think will happen here when The Guns take on Wolfe and Magnus? Who do you feel will win, and do you think this could be any good?

Personally I'd like to see them feud and have their first match for the titles be at the next PPV with the MCMG retaining, from then on there are a lot of possibilities, but I def. don't want to see MCMG lose right away after retaining. I still feel a multi-team feud leading up to BFG would be great. Currently TNA's got 6 proper tag teams and much like last year another multi-team match would be great.

I'm pretty sure the Guns can work with anybody. Obviously Wolfe is a quality guy in there and I'm pretty sure Magnus isn't completely shit. I mean, he can talk and whatnot. That should be enough to make it a good feud.
I suggest watching their matches on Xplosion, they're rather solid for a new team.

I have a bad feeling that Wagnus is going to win the titles here. TNA just does stupid shit like that. The Guns need to hold the titles as long as possible, because you know they'll disappear as soon as they lose them.
I agree, having the champs lose right away would be damaging to the entire division. Rather I'd like to see the MCMG come out on top the first few times then have both teams trade the titles back and forth.

Also, why the fuck are Chelsea and Wofe still together?
She likes the double penetration.

Eh. I do think the MCMG are prolly the most overrated thing in TNA today.
How? Aside from the Kings of Wrestling, The American Wolves and Beer Money I can't think of other teams who put out consistently great matches at all times.

They don't strike well,
Dudes have some of the sickest looking stiff kicks around.

someone forgot to tell them that selling is important
I'm sorry, watch the best of 5 series and tell me they can't sell the ass kickings beer money dealt out.

and mah gawd if there was a rule against set spots, they would've been fired a loooonnnnnnggggggg time ago.
Oh right, you're one of those people who thinks if it isn't 20 minutes of holds the match sucks.

Magnus is very charismatic and is okay in the ring while Wolfe.. I am not a fan of his ring work to be honest.
You like Magnus but don't like Wolfe? You smoke crack, yes?

Mat work that goes no where,
As opposed to mat work that goes to the movies?

at least 5 submissions that must be broken out of,
Well you know, he's a technician. And since he only has a single submission finisher and he generally uses the Tower of London, you can't blame him for that.

overcontrived highspots,
Now this just makes me question if you know who Desmond Wolfe is, where have you seen Desmond pulling off high-spots? Seriously, the guys uses submissions and lariat variations as about 80% of his move set.

If they just have Magnus squash MCMG, then it could be good. The guy is a pretty big dude, so there's no reason for Sabin and/or Shelly to be making Magnus flip around.

Yeah have the green guy squash the tag champs who just brought the equivalent of about 3 years prestige to their belts in the course of a month. That can't end badly.:rolleyes:

This is great, for numerous reasons, first it gives both Magnus and Wolfe something to do. It also keep Wolfe away from Flair and Fourtune, because ever since he associated with Flair he's been a jobber. Magnus is pretty much set for tag action, seeing as the last time he was worth anything it was with Doug Williams in the British Invasion. Right here, we have a team who isn't anything like the other teams in TNA. They aren't brawlers like BMI and 3D, they aren't high fliers like GenMe/MCMG and they're not the brawler/high flier combo of Ink Inc. A technician/power team is great. And thanks to Chris Sabin I might finally get to see Wolfe use the rebound lariat and cause the victim of said move to flip inside out when it hits.

This is a great team, as evidenced by their work on Xplosion. With Chelsea as valet, who has no issue interefering in the matches it adds that classic heel team that's been missing ever since Jacqueline left BMI. Things keep heading up for the tag division.

While I do like the team of Wolfe and Magnus, I'm almost certain they're just filler until Beer Money Inc. gets back in the title hunt. On ReAction BMI was talking about how Flair wants gold and Styles' win of the Legends title started what I presume to be a golden stable.

My question is where does this leave Kaz? AJ has the Global title, Douglas has the X Division title, BMI wants the tag title, Morgan is possibly being groomed for the TNA Championship... Maybe he'll go after Angelina Love. But I digress.

MCMG will have a short filler feud with The British Persuasion and BMI will bring themselves back to #1 contendership or maybe just get a briefcase for it and take the titles off of MCMG after a respectable title reign.

I'd bet money that this team won't last very long... It seems like a very good pair, but eventually there has to be a fued over Chelsea...

So, in no way do I see them having a long feud with MCMGs or winning the belts...

I would love to see LAX return and maybe even a Gen Me fueds... Anyone but 3D or Ink Inc...

I think this could be a great fued - both Nigel and Nick are excellent on the mic, which is easily the Guns weakest characteristic. I think bringing Doug into the gang (which would tie in with his high fliers suck storyline) and introducing Freebird rules could give this plenty of mileage - both Chris and Alex can challenge for the X division belt.

As far as Beer Money is concerned, I'd like to see them giving some rub to the types of GenMe and InkInc so that we can regard them as serious contenders when the time comes for them to do a title programme.

One final question, can anyone tell me why the Briscoe Brothers are not in TNA yet - the Tag belts are about the only thing this organisation has done consistently well and I'd love to see BB against BMI etc.

How? Aside from the Kings of Wrestling, The American Wolves and Beer Money I can't think of other teams who put out consistently great matches at all times.

It is a matter of opinion. I really don't give a damn about two guys who do a backflip into a drop kick only to be immediately be powerbombed and pop right back up and do a stupid dance before the guy who powerbombed them does a four way German suplex clusterfuck with everyone in the match off a hanging apparatus.

Dudes have some of the sickest looking stiff kicks around.

They can kick, but how weak do they look when they are brawling? You don't kick in brawls.

I'm sorry, watch the best of 5 series and tell me they can't sell the ass kickings beer money dealt out.

That's because they were actually in there with two guys who know how to throw a fucking punch. No one those X-Division clowns Shelly and Sabin have worked with since 2008 (sans Creed and Lethal) know how to throw a fucking punch.

Oh right, you're one of those people who thinks if it isn't 20 minutes of holds the match sucks.

No. 20 minutes of hold does suck because there's no excitement for 19 minutes. :)

You like Magnus but don't like Wolfe? You smoke crack, yes?

Eh. You think spot monkeys are the way to go for "pro wrestling". Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

As opposed to mat work that goes to the movies?

That would much more interesting than 10 minutes of headlocks and counters.

Well you know, he's a technician. And since he only has a single submission finisher and he generally uses the Tower of London, you can't blame him for that.

He is a European wrestler that doesn't work with everyone. I guess it worked with Angle because everything Angle does is suppose to be a big deal, but everyone does the same thing in every Angle matches. :shrug:

Now this just makes me question if you know who Desmond Wolfe is, where have you seen Desmond pulling off high-spots? Seriously, the guys uses submissions and lariat variations as about 80% of his move set.

Woah. When did "submissions" become singular? You just said he only had one.

Yeah have the green guy squash the tag champs who just brought the equivalent of about 3 years prestige to their belts in the course of a month. That can't end badly.:rolleyes:

And that is why the WWE will always be better than TNA. Bigger guys are suppose to be threatening. NOT ping pong balls because someone who is a whole buck lighter and foot shorter dropkicks them. That is why someone like Zeke looks like a fucking monster even if he doesn't have the most experience. The MCMG are so mind blowingly business exposing.. I know pro wrestling is fake, but those two clowns might as well have t-shirts that say "I am fake fighting! LOL!"

As far as Beer Money is concerned, I'd like to see them giving some rub to the types of GenMe and InkInc so that we can regard them as serious contenders when the time comes for them to do a title programme.

Neither of those deserves a rub. Gen Me is a "filler" team for the division that can pull off some good matches but has no star quality. InkInc has the same lack of "It" Factor while also being less enjoyable in the ring. As far as I'm concerned, Beer Money already did the MCMG a freakin' service by putting them over in the series. Now it's time for Sabin and Shelley to carry the division and be the ones to help the other teams excel.

I like the Magnus/Wolfe team. They, along with a LAX reunion, would give the division a strong top three to work with. You also still have Beer Money and Team 3D, though they'll probably be tied up in the Fortune vs. EV2.0 angle. Those five, plus Gen Me and Ink Inc, make for a loaded division.

As someone has already said I can see them breaking up and feuding over Chelsea in the near future, so I can't really see them lasting long. I wan't to see 3D have another shot at the tag titles because I find them very entertaining and they've had great matches with The Guns before. Anyway if Brutus and Desmond have a match against The Guns I think it will be entertaining because all four of them are good in the ring.

Neither of those deserves a rub. Gen Me is a "filler" team for the division that can pull off some good matches but has no star quality. InkInc has the same lack of "It" Factor while also being less enjoyable in the ring. As far as I'm concerned, Beer Money already did the MCMG a freakin' service by putting them over in the series. Now it's time for Sabin and Shelley to carry the division and be the ones to help the other teams excel.

I like the Magnus/Wolfe team. They, along with a LAX reunion, would give the division a strong top three to work with. You also still have Beer Money and Team 3D, though they'll probably be tied up in the Fortune vs. EV2.0 angle. Those five, plus Gen Me and Ink Inc, make for a loaded division.

Exactly, if an established team doesn't make them look credible then they cannot move into the title picture - which would then lead to the question of why they're employed in the first place. I'm not suggesting BMI do the job - just that they make them look like a genuine threat. The last time I saw GenMe on Impact they where getting humiliated by Douglas Williams. I agree with the LAX reunion, otherwise we'll probably be seeing Homicide future endeavoured.

I get what you're saying, but my point is that you don't need Gen Me and Ink Inc to even be in the title picture when you have the other teams already in place plus Magnus/Wolfe and hopefully a returning LAX. Neither team is that good and, frankly, neither's worth wasting time on with a major push. The Gen Me guys look like they were plucked right out of someone's backyard and have J.O.B.B.E.R.S. written all over them. Jesse Neal at least looks like a wrestler but he's a snoozer on the mic and Shannon Moore isn't any better. I'd rather see the odd pairing of Young and Jordan get a push before either of these teams.

Good to see a new tag team on the scene. I've seen their matches over the past few weeks on Xplosion, and they definitely have what it takes. The mic skills, the in-ring work, and the hot valet to help them get cheap wins.

With the recent absence of Magnus and especially Wolfe, it's great to see them in a new role as a tag team, and I can't wait for their feud with MCMG.

Wolfe and Magnus were obviously thrown together because Russo didn't have anything for either one of them to do right now. Outside of MCMG and Beer Money the TNA tag team division looks a little weak right now, so this title defense is just filler until another feud can be established. I don't think a feud with MCMG and Ink Inc. would be very good, so it would be wise for TNA to establish a few contending teams over the next few months to give the Machine Guns reign any meaning. I predict that MCMG will have at least a 6 month reign as Tag Team Champions, so they are going to need at least 2 or 3 teams to feud with during that time. I think Beer Money will always be in the mix somehow, but the next few title match's will be against newer teams.
Orlando Jordan and Eric Young look like they have some promise from a working and character standpoint. I really do not want to see Team 3D anywhere near the TNA titles, so hopefully they stay busy with the EV 2.0 storyline. Other than the above mentioned teams TNA does not have any meaningful contenders for the Tag Team Championships.

It is a matter of opinion. I really don't give a damn about two guys who do a backflip into a drop kick only to be immediately be powerbombed and pop right back up and do a stupid dance before the guy who powerbombed them does a four way German suplex clusterfuck with everyone in the match off a hanging apparatus.
Stupid dance? Never seen that, are we watching the same MCMG?

They can kick, but how weak do they look when they are brawling? You don't kick in brawls.
Probably has something to do with them not being brawlers but idk. :rolleyes: You ever seen taekwondo competitions? Where 90% of the offense is kicking? Same with the Guns, they use kicks.

That's because they were actually in there with two guys who know how to throw a fucking punch.
Oh look I punched you this determines how well you will sell? Seriously, that's what you just implied.

No one those X-Division clowns Shelly and Sabin have worked with since 2008 (sans Creed and Lethal) know how to throw a fucking punch.
X-division clowns? Please demonstrate how you properly throw a fake punch.

Eh. You think spot monkeys are the way to go for "pro wrestling". Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
LOL "spot monkeys", hate to break it to you but a wrestling match is just a series of spots. A chinlock? Yeah that's a spot. Everything is a spot.

That would much more interesting than 10 minutes of headlocks and counters.
So you don't like mat wrestling, you don't like high fliers and you don't like kicking. Is your ideal match made up solely of punches? If so you may wish to check Boxing.

He is a European wrestler that doesn't work with everyone. I guess it worked with Angle because everything Angle does is suppose to be a big deal, but everyone does the same thing in every Angle matches. :shrug:
What are you on about? He's a European wrestler so that somehow makes a difference? He wrestles a mat style, better than most.

Woah. When did "submissions" become singular? You just said he only had one.
Check again dumbass, one finisher, you were bitching that people never tap to his standard submissions, that's because he only has one submission finisher.

And that is why the WWE will always be better than TNA.
lol no.

Bigger guys are suppose to be threatening.
Big guys are supposed to be threatening, they are not supposed to ruin a solid months worth of work when the people they're going up against are much better and more seasoned.

NOT ping pong balls because someone who is a whole buck lighter and foot shorter dropkicks them.
You ever been kicked in the face? You ever learnt a martial art for that matter? Funny story but a ton of martial arts work on the concept that a smaller person with a lower centre of gravity can beat a bigger person.

That is why someone like Zeke looks like a fucking monster even if he doesn't have the most experience.
lol, Ezekiel Jackson? Yeah, super roid freak who can barely fucking move, he'd def not tire out almost instantly.

The MCMG are so mind blowingly business exposing.. I know pro wrestling is fake, but those two clowns might as well have t-shirts that say "I am fake fighting! LOL!"
Yes and having some lumbering giant come in and beat a guy twice as fast as him is realistic. The MCMG are entertaining, everyone in the world knows wrestling is fake, it's entertainment, there's nothing entertaining about "big guys" dominating "small guys".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back