"The Final Impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Steel

A REAL American
With reports of TNA Wrestling being sold to someone in the near future. What if that person or people who buys TNA Wrestling just does away with the company period and just owns the name and copyrights to TNA? Now where would that leave the people, the talents, and the agents in TNA Wrestling?

Now does anyone remember the final showing of WCW Monday Nitro? After Vince McMahon had bought the competition from owner "Billionaire Ted" Turner in 2001. History was made when Shane McMahon showed up on Nitro in the ring announcing that he had bought WCW for himself up under his dad Vince (storyline of course). Some former WCW talents signed with the then-WWF to work there and some didn't. It was a surreal night for wrestler's and wrestling fans from all over the globe.

And we all watched Sting vs Ric Flair on Nitro for the last time ever. Now what if the same thing happened to TNA Impact Wrestling? Someone could buy TNA tomorrow and the daily/weekly front of wrestling could change just like that like it did those 12 years ago with WCW. We could see "the final impact" showing with TNA closing it's doors forever. And we could see everything that TNA was in just one night like a final match between AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. And other things to that degree.

But in your opinion how could you see the setting for "The Final Impact"?

I do remember the Nitro because at the time I was a bigger fan of WCW than WWE. Still to this day, I prefer to watch a TNA broadcast to a WWE broadcast.

As for TNA, if the rumors are true that TNA will be sold for an amount of money, the wrestlers or any of the staff members will not be a part of the deal. TNA does not have a full time wrestler on their payroll except for maybe Bully Ray at this point. Too many of the wrestlers take extended breaks, which makes for a poor product for one, and shows nobody is a full time employee of the company.

So if TNA was to be sold, the contracts by the new owner will be retained until their date runs out. Once that happens there are no wrestlers. WWE did this with WCW when WWE purchased them in the early 2000s. Once the wrestlers’ contracts were finished, there went the wrestlers to the unemployment line.

I personally could see a final Impact in the near future. Right now, Spike TV does not care about TNA, and it shows the Carter family does not care about it either. TNA will be sold to someone or a company, who that might be is the bigger question. In my opinion, WWE will take over TNA soon. Stephanie McMahon and Dixie Carter have talked previously.

Tna going under would be horrible, less jobs for the wrestlers, people like Roode, Aj, Joe, Areis, Daniels, Kaz, would not be in wwe or be jobbers, then have to be on the indy scene or travel to japan, I am sorry I do not care how good new japan is, it is a joke that good wrestlers have to go to japan to be in a promotion on tv and get decent pay. Then for the viewer, I can tell that myself I only watch tna, and some indepdent stuff. Someone is probably going to tell me "I WANT TNA TO GO UNDER IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOOD WRESTLING GO WATCH INDEPENDENTS". Then they say oh independents are worthless, so i have to watch new japan just to get wrestling I enjoy that is not "worthless". I like tna, and if it going under is going what it takes to get people to watch indy promotions, IT REALLY REALLY makes them all look bushleage even more. It would be horrible, I do not think fans would not go watch other wrestling promotions because seeing the wrestlers they can't move up to tna, and wwe is making more homegrown stars, indys would shrink, also wrestlers would just go to japan or devolpemental, so our american promotions lose out more. I do not see why people want it to go under to get at Dixie Carter, guess what jack she is still going to be rich and the wrestlers you love are going to bust there ass on the indy circuit and can't move up and will be nothing more than an indy darling to many people. I can assure you while they do not mind working indpedent shows, people like Roode, Areis, Storm, Aj, busted their ass to be on tv, so why take that away from them, they bust their ass there should be a reward, could tna go under yes, but should it hell no, hell no. New Japan is great, but then these people have to move their families to japan, plus it is getting harder for me to find stuff from new japan, plus more American wrestlers going over there, means the excellent Japanese wrestlers, will lose their jobs, less jobs over there to, Japan should mainly be for the japense wrestlers, and american wrestlers that are not a good fit for wwe, should not be forced to go to japan. Then there are the people who want it to die because they want Sting vs. Undertaker, or Kurt vs. Bryan, or Aj vs punk, first off anything with tna originals is not happening, they are not getting into the company or are jobbers, yes those matches would happen, but let me ask you something. If you want tna to go under are a real fan of Angle and Sting? I think not, those two could have gone to wwe at any time, but chose not to because they love tna, and good portion of their carrers where in tna, in fact kurt's most years were spent in tna, he worked hard for tna, busted his ass, why do that to Kurt, why not have him come back naturally to wwe, why run a company under. Same with Sting, busted his ass for the company. To me it is selfish anyways because you wanting a company to go under just for dream matches, don't you get enough dream matches, let us have tna, you may think it sucks, but we like it. Also I have tna fans bullied non stop by wwe fans, it is great to critize a product or the fans, but when you want it to die and you bully the fans like telling them to kill themselves which I have even seen on you tube videos, you are not going to get good nice people you are going to see. Also for the wwe fans and indy fans you want tna to die, but I find it is funny tna fans don't want those companies to die, even Ring of honor and it has not been doing well but tna fans wanted it get better. I really I am sick and tired of fanboys, who want to force me to watch something, I am sorry but that will not get good results, if you know history never force people into something, you usually get bad results. Also for the people who have the argument, that having one wrestling company is good because look at the nfl or mlb, wrestling is a different business, if we go by what other sports are doing then little wrestlers are draws because Floyd Mayweather is, but we know it is not true, wrestling is differnt, plus the NFL is way better than wwe.

TNA is not being sold. Those reports were put to rest last week when Janice Carter sent a memo that was made public to wrestling news sites saying TNA is not for sale.

Second, why would someone just buy TNA only to cease operations but keep the video library? That makes no sense. Plus, Jeff Jarrett still owns a portion of TNA. So, I doubt he will give up on his portion without gettting a huge lump sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back