The End for Heat!

Does Heat Suck compared to Heat of 1999?

• Heat Sucks it sucked in 99 as well!

• Heat sucks now but was good in the late 90's

• HEat was and is and will always be AWESOME!

• Heat is Better now compared to late 90's

Results are only viewable after voting.
O

OnceWalker

Hello Everybody this is my Second Thread on WZ-Forums Please Read it.

Here we have it! go to WWE's Website and we expect to see something good instead it comes out to be Heat the WebShow totally Sucks am i right?
I mean Come on who likes Heat this WebShow is totally useless I dont see many people coming and looking at the action in Live.
WWE Heat used to be Awesome in 1999 and 2000 where did the days go?

Wwfsundaynightheat.jpg

The logo for heat in the Late 90's and Early 00's.

Heat has to come to an End,Nobody is interested in Heat who wants to see Jim Duggan vs Eugene or Umaga vs Shelton?

Heat's still going because of contracts outside the US, in the UK we get heat on the TV.

It's nothing on what it was a few years back, I don't watch it on TV anymore. Back in 1999/2000 all Uk viewers got on regular TV was heat. It needs to be axed now, because the matches are very low quality, but there's nothing to replace it with on other TV stations.

However, in it's defence it gives new wrestlers a chance to show their stuff.

HEAT suck these days..its a place for beginners or low rated wrestlers..Guys like Val venis, COnway, Haas and etcs... So it is not worth put it on tv.

I actually like Heat, I check it out every once in a while. I agree that it's not close to what it was in like 2000, but it's not that bad. It gives new wrestlers a chance, also it gives me a chance to watch people who can actually wrestle. For example, whenever I see Val Venis against someone decent I watch it. Not only do I watch it, I study it. Val Venis is probably one of the best in ring guys in the WWE. His nothing matches on HEAT are more watchable than some of the main events on RAW. I think he's one of the guys that could really get over in TNA, but that's a different topic.

I see nothing wrong with heat. It gives low carders a match and it's good to see people who aren't on tv wrestle, although heat nowadays is just usually a flashback show for special topics. It's good to see guys like Cade and Murdoch and Eugene on it. It's on a web show, so they're not forcing you to watch it.

Heat certainly does'nt put on very good matches. They have'nt got a bad lower card roster, they've got Haas, Conway, Eugene, Shelton, Super Crazy and Val Venis. But for some reason they insist on pushing Viscera and Jim Duggan as the stars of heat. In my oppinion they should turn heat into a second hour of ECW. Out of all the brand's ECW only get's an hour while Raw get's three. That would give them more time to build to P.P.V's so there would'nt be the problem that there is with D.2.D.

Answer The Poll Everybody do you think Young Talent has the right to prove themselves or do you think Heat is a REtarted Show?
Answer the Poll its Multiple Choice and so you can use 2 or 3 if you are balanced on either sides.
WWE Sunday Night Heat Comment on it!

I'd rather see Haas, Conway, Val, Cade, Murdoch, etc. on Raw than anyone else on the show right now. I might actually even start watching Raw again if that was the case.

Y 2 Jake said:
Heat certainly does'nt put on very good matches.

I disagree there. Heat has matches that would be perfect for Raw, with a lot of action and rarely any DQ finishes. The proper main events have great wrestling in it, and one of the best in recent memory was the Highlanders vs Cade and Murdoch a few months ago. Most people on Heat deserve to be on Raw and have great wrestling ability. Again, once in a while, they can pull out a brilliant match which makes it watchable.

Did you forget T-murdoch that WWE is Sports Entertainment and is not Wrestling? I mean if you say that they show good Wrestling on Heat then you are totally wrong. Heat is also Storylines and they have stupid Storylines i just want to say that instead of Watching Heat they should Produce a good new show like TNA maybe a 3rd Brand of WWE and they should let ECW go.In this 3rd Brand we see more of the Young talent shown to us in a good Manner on Heat they show it stupid So what do you say?

i liked sunday night heat before the ppvs cause it would just be the matches they had before the ppv and lots of talkin it was great when that happened but then once they did the stupid brand extension it went to crap :|

I think WWE has missed the boat for years by not using Heat as a way to broadcast greatly received house show matches, instead of runoff from a marathon taping for one of the bigger shows. Even if they show low or midcard guys in the matches, I always would've like to see a show that features the most over matches from around the country instead of what Heat was used as for so long: a PPV preshow.

Why don't they just merge it with ecw and give it a 2hr time slot with more talent and scope for more story line's with the extra time.

Maybe even still call it heat and have it more wrestling and less mic work.

heat was good when it was showing up and coming talent and low carders now it is a home for people who cant make it on raw

Did you forget T-murdoch that WWE is Sports Entertainment and is not Wrestling? I mean if you say that they show good Wrestling on Heat then you are totally wrong. Heat is also Storylines and they have stupid Storylines i just want to say that instead of Watching Heat they should Produce a good new show like TNA maybe a 3rd Brand of WWE and they should let ECW go.In this 3rd Brand we see more of the Young talent shown to us in a good Manner on Heat they show it stupid So what do you say?

WWE would never go for that idea because WWE doesn't know what good "wrestling" is. I mean, McMahon originally thought that CM Punk wasn't good in the ring!!!!! McMahon is all about storylines and looks like he actually HATES wrestling. I mean, he even changed a quote from an ECW wrestler on the release of Paul Heyman the quote said "It just goes to show you anything can happen in the world of [sports entertainment]." The way he really put it was the world of wrestling. McMahon hates the word wrestling and wants nothing to do with it. He'd never produce a show simply about wrestling. That's why ECW (which was all about action) has been a complete flop. Because McMahon wanted to change it to something it's not.

u cant produce a show simply about wrestling because u will not get the ratings that u r suppose to..if wwe had produce its shows purely around wrestling they probably wouldnt be as popular and recognized as they are today...IT TAKES MORE THEN WRESTLING TO CONQUER THIS INDUSTRY...the tv and the world do not just want to c WRESTLING they want to c something spiced in with it to make it more interesting and exciting

Yeah, but the way it should succeed is with MORE wrestling than storylines. Sure storylines are great and entertain us and even make the match better, but it's better to be more centered around wrestling than on storylines.

Yeah, but the way it should succeed is with MORE wrestling than storylines. Sure storylines are great and entertain us and even make the match better, but it's better to be more centered around wrestling than on storylines.

and i agree with u completely on that..but thats not what our society made it out to be...society likes to see drama they like to c something they could compare to and ENTERTAIN themselves with..while pure wrestling would leave true die hard wrestling fans..those fans alone could not carry the wwe or any other wrestling company to where they want to b..they would never amount onto the tv and onto the news...which is y SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT is what conquers the world to...it is a way of progression..society gets bored of seeing the same thing...when actual wrestling came into the world it wasnt notice till it was spiced up....its jsut the way things are....i can understand y TNA is taking a direction where they r trying to show pure wrestling the problem with this is that no one wants to just c pure wrestling anymore...sad but true

and i agree with u completely on that..but thats not what our society made it out to be...society likes to see drama they like to c something they could compare to and ENTERTAIN themselves with..while pure wrestling would leave true die hard wrestling fans..those fans alone could not carry the wwe or any other wrestling company to where they want to b..they would never amount onto the tv and onto the news...which is y SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT is what conquers the world to...it is a way of progression..society gets bored of seeing the same thing...when actual wrestling came into the world it wasnt notice till it was spiced up....its jsut the way things are....i can understand y TNA is taking a direction where they r trying to show pure wrestling the problem with this is that no one wants to just c pure wrestling anymore...sad but true
Sports entertainment only conquers the US. The other main markets aren't as keen to liking American style booking with the exception of limited doses (i.e. Japanese fans typically hate WWE style schmoz endings and other crap like that). You can have a combination of both that suits all parties involved, but the main problem with regards to WWE programming is that the entertainment side of the show has become the backbone, and it used to be the other way around (albeit during WWF's more successful years). Pure wrestling can be marketed within a solid "sports entertainment" storyline and still come off as amazingly successful. Recent proof? Angle vs. Michaels. Those guys had the glitzy WWE build-up, but in the end, their wrestling clinic stole the show from all of the other sports-entertainment oriented bullshit that saturated the WM21 card, including and especially the two main-events. Bret Hart was one of the most successful WWF stars in history (even during the Attitude Era) and he was the posterchild for pure wrestling. Also, when you have pointless matches that always end in stupid DQ's instead of pinfalls it negates the entire point of watching in the first place. This is why ECW is falling flat on its ass week in and week out.

I disagree there. Heat has matches that would be perfect for Raw, with a lot of action and rarely any DQ finishes. The proper main events have great wrestling in it, and one of the best in recent memory was the Highlanders vs Cade and Murdoch a few months ago. Most people on Heat deserve to be on Raw and have great wrestling ability. Again, once in a while, they can pull out a brilliant match which makes it watchable.

I agree i like watching Heat in the UK at least the matches don't end in DQ like most matches seem too in the another brands.

Maybe some of the wrestler are not great but a least they put on a match

I liked Heat when it was on TV. It gives low carders another chance to be on TV. Also it gave me something to watch on Sunday nights.

I often enjoy the matches they have more than the actual ones that usually happen on RAW. But I think Velocity was better(I kind of got those two confused so I edited my post).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back