The Coach is Back!!!

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
It's official, Johnathan Coachman has resigned with the WWE as an announcer and will be apart of the Raw announce team tonight. I've actually missed Coach. I thought he was one of the better announcers and commentators back the early to mid 2000's. His stuff with the Rock was always priceless and his heel turn against JR was actually quite good. I'm looking forward to hearing the Coach again on wrestling.

Thoughts???

The best part is no more Booker T announcing RAW. I love that Coach is back, I think he's really good. I'm just curious tho why does WWE think they have to have a 3 man team and one of them has to be black?

If Cole is looking to leave the announce position like rumours stated a while back, Coach is a pretty solid replacement for him. As long as he's a straight forward commentator and not the same heel character he was in 2003-2004. I thinking it'll be fine. Not to mention I'm betting Coach and Graves will have some serious chemistry with one another.

I'm glad Jonathan Coachman is returning to WWE. The commentary on RAW sometimes borders on unbearable. Hopefully the Coach can freshen things up a bit. As Hamler already stated, there are rumors of Michael Cole transitioning to more of an off camera role, and I really hope this fuels that fire. Nothing against Michael Cole necessarily, but I was tired of him long ago. I was really enjoying Corey Graves and still think he can be very entertaining at times, but if I hear him say the phrase "so and so is on a different level" again, I may have to watch part of raw on mute.

Even if Cole is sticking around, at least this gets Booker T out of commentary duty. Booker's commentary style felt very forced in his most recent stint and he seemed completely out of his element calling matches as of late.

Welcome back, Coach! Good signing for WWE. Way off topic here and I apologize for it, but things seem downright miserable at ESPN. (Coach's former home). People are leaving ESPN in droves. While much of it is layoffs, I believe Coach decided to leave. Bristol is not the dream job it once was.

I can see him doing commentary for a while but ultimately ending up a face GM for RAW once Angle runs his course and the Authority angle wears off as Steph goes backstage.

Now he's done the ESPN thing he's got more to him credibility wise, like a better version of Mike Adamle.

Cool, I think. I don't know anything about him because I never really watched WWE or even the Attitude Era. I'll miss Booker for a week or two. Cause WWE is usually bad and the bad commentary and Corey & cole laughing at him really added to the appeal. This guy was on ESPN or whatever though so I imagine he'll be good to some degree.

It was nostalgic seeing Coach finally back in WWE as a commentator. Reminds me of the good old ruthless aggression days. Furthermore, I'd love to see him get promoted to assistant manager of Kurt Angle someday. That would be great.

It's official, Johnathan Coachman has resigned with the WWE as an announcer and will be apart of the Raw announce team tonight. I've actually missed Coach. I thought he was one of the better announcers and commentators back the early to mid 2000's. His stuff with the Rock was always priceless and his heel turn against JR was actually quite good. I'm looking forward to hearing the Coach again on wrestling.

Thoughts???

I'm excited he's back too! His moments with The Rock & DX are classic! I've been watching on the network and it's so great. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table. I still haven't caught Raw this week. I'll actually go watch it now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back