The Cause of the End

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
The End of the World. It is a very ominous thought, but it is one that is something that takes deep thought if you truly wonder about it. If it really happens, then when will it happen? Why will it happen? And what will the cause be? Now I don't know when it will happen, and that isn't the basis of my question. the first two questions are pretty much just basic questions that I think of when I think about the world ending.

That latter of the questions is the point of this thread. What will cause the downfall of our world on Earth? I want you to really think about this one, and put some effort into it such as I have. I am not saying that the military will be the cause to the end. It may be what happens, but it won't be the actual cause. There are many possible causes that could lead to our demise. Religion, power, a meteor in the sky, whatever.

My answer comes from reading the CCS vs. The World thread, where CCS couldn't help but show that he was so stubborn and intolerant of other beliefs. Religion is my answer as to the cause of the End of the World. Why Religion? Because with Religion comes many emotions out of ones-self.

Take CCS for example. During that whole thing, he never once showed that he could take other religions into account when it comes to the Kingdom of Heaven. If they were Muslim, and worshipped Allah, they were automatically going to Hell, even if they are the best type of people, just because they didn't accept Jesus Christ. Jews would go to Hell because they don't believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior. (If that is wrong, please don't take offense, and please correct me on it.) Atheists would be going to Hell, and anyone who doesn't accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, would be going to Hell, even if they were one of the most kind hearted and helpful people in the world.

Now I find such a thing totally asinine. One of my best friends is Muslim, and his family is one of the nicest groups of people I have ever known. Yet because they worship Allah as their God, so in CCS and the whole Catholic/Christian extremists world, they would be going to Hell. I am rambling, I apologize. My point is, extremists.

Chris Rock has a line in Dogma, I can't find the scene, so if anyone else does, feel free to put it in. But he is talking about beliefs and ideas. "People kill for beliefs, people die for beliefs." Which also leads to my point. You can have your beliefs, and any true person would be understanding and respectful of those beliefs. But when you turn into an extremist, and start to try and force someone to your beliefs, you not only turn people away from your cause, but you may spark something else, and things can get heated and violent very fast.

Two extremists, in high powered situations would be catastrophic. I will use this example, and it is completely hypothetical and extremely improbable, I just want people to understand that. Say the USA is led by a Christian extremist, and does a press conference and says that if you are not a Christian, you are not an ally of America, and you will be attacked. Obviously this would piss a whole lot of people off. Now the Muslim extremists in the Middle East already hate America for its Western philosophy (again correct me if I am wrong), I am sure this would send them into even more hatred, and rebel. Two Religions that are very alike, going to war over name-sake, and philosophies. Add in the possibilities of the Hebrew nations, and it would be a clusterfuck of all sorts. I believe such a situation would bring in other nations, and bring the planet to the brink, if not fully passed the brink, of nuclear annihilation. Again, this is completely hypothetical and hopefully extremely improbable.

But like I previously said, people will kill and die for religion. They are the ones known as extremists, and in my opinion, extremism will not die. There will always be someone to follow in the footsteps, and try to eliminate the "evil that plagues their world". I believe that two like-minded people, granted totally on the opposite side of the spectrum, could cause a nuclear annihilation that would cause the End of the World, just because someone else doesn't agree with them.

If anyone wants me to clarify anything, or correct me on some points that I may be mistaken with, please do it. I hope this sparks some interest and discussion. So I just want you to really think hard about your most likely cause to the End of the World, if it really is meant to happen.

The whole "If you don't believe in my God you're going to hell" thing was one reason I used to be so wary of religion - if a God would really do that, how could he be all loving? I mean, my best friend is a Muslim, yet she's the nicest person I've ever met. I didn't see how good people would be sent to hell over something stupid such as not believing in one small thing. I then realised people who said that are very misinformed as well as stupid, but it worries me how many people think that way, which is why your ideas are very feasible.

Anyway, I think the end of the world, if it ever happens, won't be human-related. I'd assume something such as another ice-age, or the opposite. Something we wouldn't be able to live through. Or maybe a huge meteorite crashing into Earth? Anything's possible.

The whole "If you don't believe in my God you're going to hell" thing was one reason I used to be so wary of religion - if a God would really do that, how could he be all loving? I mean, my best friend is a Muslim, yet she's the nicest person I've ever met. I didn't see how good people would be sent to hell over something stupid such as not believing in one small thing. I then realised people who said that are very misinformed as well as stupid, but it worries me how many people think that way, which is why your ideas are very feasible.

Anyway, I think the end of the world, if it ever happens, won't be human-related. I'd assume something such as another ice-age, or the opposite. Something we wouldn't be able to live through. Or maybe a huge meteorite crashing into Earth? Anything's possible.

I got Becca to post in one of my threads? Hell yes lol.

I am right there with you, I never stated my religious affiliation, at least I don't think I did, of which I am Catholic. But I don't take the Bible to be the book of life. Both you and me have a best friend who is Muslim, but they are two of the nicest people in the world. If God truly is tolerant of everybody, why would he not be tolerant of people that practice other religions? It just makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. But lets not just turn this into another religious fiasco.

I would be very curious if a huge meteorite were on its way crashing to Earth. If that happened, would it be like Armageddon where they send people into space to go destroy it? Would we just be completely fucked lol? Also, while I could agree to a lot of possibilities, as I didn't think about most of them, I could really see some sort of natural element, whether it is a new Ice Age, or a Hot Age if you will where it just gets inhumanly hot and we can't survive. Do you think if a new Ice Age came, we could figure out how to possibly survive? I mean we aren't neanderthals anymore, we are more advanced and could maybe figure it out right?

The issue i think is that maybe religion or something similar will cause the world to end, we are only human and god has made us in his own image, thus it makes us relies that maybe god was just human after all.

I believe religion is what we have to give us hope, to allow the common person to strive from day to day, but as with anything else introduced into a political and corrupt society it has been twisted and turned and used as an excuse for people to put down others and used to harm, the fact is religion was not created with destructive purposes in mind.

with guys like CCS he maybe wanted to think that there was only one true religion but the issue is no one can prove that their religion is the true religion, they can only prove why its right for them, like why i take certain elements of the muslim religion and use it as a guideline rather then a complete belief as with everything man made it has its flaws.

wit5h that said society should love one another and stop finding reasons to hate one another, but the sad fact is their will always be problems and that may spell the end for us all.

I've never been a big fan of all this talk of how we're going to destroy ourselves with atmospheric pollutants or nuclear holocaust or anything of that sort. It's just a little too melancholy and overly dramatic for my taste. We may wipe out a few civilizations here and there, but as for the "end of the world"? Nah. There's always going to be enough of us left to get going again.

So what WILL eventually bring about the end of the world? The sun. It's been around in its present state for 4.5 billion years (the Earth has been around for 4 billion). It's got enough hydrogen left to burn to last in its current state for about 5.5 billion more. At that point, the core will contract as the outward pressure created from nuclear fusion is overcome by the inward force of gravity. The contracting core generates more heat, however, and causes the outer layers of the sun to expand, engulfing the Earth and possibly Mars as well, vaporizing any planets in between.

So the answer to the question is, in 5.5 billion years, the Earth will be vaporized as the sun becomes a Red Giant.

(source: http://science.howstuffworks.com/sun.htm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back