The Authority should've won, because WWE needs new ideas.

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
It's one thing that WWE tends to recycle certain storylines on a yearly basis, but I just realized that after the Authority left...nothing changed...

Seriously, their defeat at Survivor Series was supposed to end that angle, which was good...Triple H and Stephanie are masters at getting heat, but it had grown very stale. But consider what is currently happening...

-The General Manager is calling the shots, putting the odds against the babyfaces...just like the authority.

- Seth Rollins continues to be booked as a weakling who needs Kane and his security to save him...just like before. WWE is telling me that Seth does not deserve his position. That without the backing of a higher power, he would not be anywhere near the main event level. Ugh...

- Kane, Harper and Rollins still have an alliance going on. Big Show replaced Rusev. And they're fighting the same people....

So what has changed? I didnt watch wrestling when the General Manager gimmick was at its most obnoxious. But Cena more or less buried his/her presence as a threat with his comedic promo. I aint complaining, because it's a pretty stupid idea. With the authority, you had actual interactions. You can't banter with a computer.

It annoys me that they replaced the stale angle with the same angle...except worse. Are we sure that there isn't some secret angle where it's revealed that Triple H is behind this, wanting people to miss him more? WWE needs something new. I liked the idea of anarchy, which the announcers kept bringing up, but apparently WWE's idea of anarchy is to have a guest host come by...for a week...and pretty much do what the authority had done. But if nothing is going to change, why have the authority lose? I'd rather Triple H over a computer. Although I'd rather Bray or Rusev take the top heel spot than Triple H...Hell, I'd be fine with Rollins if he was booked as a credible threat.

Just something that I guess they hadn't really thought over. Either that or they're giving it to us slowly. As far as Rollins goes, I think he's being booked that way to try and get heat. People are far more likely to boo a chickensh*t heel than a cool heel, such as Bray Wyatt. Technically he's a heel, but do you see the following he has?

It's one thing that WWE tends to recycle certain storylines on a yearly basis, but I just realized that after the Authority left...nothing changed...
What did you expect to change?

Storyline continues even if GM changes, Rollins will not be booked as monster heel like Brock Lesnar all of the sudden when his gimmick is exacly like you described, chicken heel who often relies to others for help to win matches.

You can argue that laptop GM isnt that good idea(heck, it was freaking Hornswoglle behind it last time and even before that revelation it was bad idea). But you cant expect that all of the sudden storyline changes that much so you can see monster heel Rollins and alliances being brake that easily in just few weeks. Angle at Survivor Series did end up Authority for now, but you cant expect some great change especially when you can see that laptop GM isnt exacly "face GM". :)

I think the whole GM angle needs to stop in general, whether its guest GM or permanent, having a full time authority figure is played out. Vince needs to come out and say the board of directors have voted on a new WWE President of Operations or something, and whoever it is should play a role similar to Jack Tunney in the early '90s. Very rarely seen in person, does via satellite stuff when he's needed to announce a big stipulation or make a match official. Be there for contract signings, thats it.

Having a heel authority figures is SO stale, its run its course and beat its dead horse. Time to move on.

As for booking, that should've changed immediately following SS, Rollins should be booked as a cool heel. There's nothing wrong with a tweener, guys like Austin and Orton have basically made their career on it. He comes out to rock music wearing all black, with two tone hair, and he has a flashy move set. Sounds way more to me like someone the fans would be excited to see, not someone they want to boo.

Right now, it feels like Survivor Series didn't even happen and we're just reliving the build to it all over again.

Like the poster above I think the WWE is in desperate need to a Jack Tunney style figure. Someone who is respected, only appears at significant moments and genuinely calls things down the middle. Go back and watch old Superstars and Raws and any time Tunney appeared it was a major event.

I'd rather it didn't go to an ex-wrestler like Flair, Foley or whoever either as most of them will just try to put themselves over. I realise Gorilla played the role and was good at it but he was a bit special and thought of the business in general instead of himself.

If I could choose I'd love for Jim Ross to come back to be it. He's highly respected by fans and wrestlers alike, could bring that level of gravitas and fairness to it and wouldn't have to be on the road either and could stay home in Oklahoma for the most part.

If I could choose I'd love for Jim Ross to come back to be it. He's highly respected by fans and wrestlers alike, could bring that level of gravitas and fairness to it and wouldn't have to be on the road either and could stay home in Oklahoma for the most part.

Jim Ross would be great, yes, but I think he might join the GFW, which starts I guess sometimes in January, correct me if I am wrong. He is also doing commentary for that NJPW & GFW big event so I think he won't have time for WWE what is shame but, I may be wrong, so my mind. Hopefully I am.

The general manager schtick is to WWE what the faction wars/power struggle is to TNA: it's been done so much that there's nothing fresh to be done or no new direction to take it.

However, I think the laptop being back in charge is ultimately just a temporary thing and Cena will reinstate The Authority before too long. I see WWE doing a storyline where the GM either screws over talent worse than The Authority, or WWE tries to sell us on that platform, and John Cena realizes he has no choice but to go with the lesser of two evils. There's also a SLIGHT chance of Cena doing something somewhat heelish; if he loses to Seth Rollins at TLC and is stripped of being #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, he could bring The Authority back on the condition that they make him #1 contender again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back