The After Wrestlemania surprise....

This is prime for a Cena heel turn as others have suggested. I love the Shield idea but not making it seem as if Cena had anything to do with them and costing Rock the match. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Brock Lesnar coming in and giving Rock the F5 then leaving and Cena eventually winning. I think a questioned win by Cena could ultimately could set up a heated Cena vs. Rock III a true war to settle the score.

I agree with the Cena turn but it needs to be epic. The WWE needs some heat on the product to keep it going post-mania. No better way than a John Cena heel turn. And how to pull this off is having John Cena align himself with Paul Heyman!!! Brock Lesnar does a run in after retiring HHH and takes out the Rock when the ref is down. Lesnar F-5's the Rock and Cena gets the cheap win. Then Cena can have a solid heel run as champion and when you flip him back it can be all about redemption. Maybe after a Wrestlemania 30 loss to the Undertaker.

WWE just posted a picture on Facebook of the Steve Austin swerve against the Rock at WrestleMania 17. If that isn't a proverbial *wink wink* at all the speculation, I just don't know what is.

That being said, I have no doubt the Raw after Mania 29 will be a shocker, to be sure.

We will probably see a vignette showing a slow-motion, "Damn-It-Cena-Why?" low blow in black and white before a now-heel Cena comes out to cut a promo about doing what he had to do to win the big one. I can almost guarantee it. It needs to happen though. Y'all know it. I also see this evil Cena possibly taking a stab at the Dead Man, as some have suggested. Setting up a confrontation for Mania 30.

I would LOVE to see ol' Stone Cold make an appearance and set up another once in a lifetime match, this time between himself and CM Punk. I didn't know about all the rumors surrounding that idea, but it would be sweet. Steve's said a couple times he believes he has one more match in him - even though when we were all hearing that it was about him facing Hogan and not Punk, but still. I'd like to see him make an appearance.

I can definitely see something happening with Lesnar, whether he wins or loses (and hopefully he loses). I don't know in what capacity that something may happen, but I am sure something will happen. I don't think there will be anything between he and the Rock. There will be way too much focus on setting up Rock/Cena: Thrice In A Lifetime if the big swerve happens that so many of us believe to be inevitable. I can't see much happening in the way of a confrontation between he and Taker. Taker is way to beat up to have a match of that kind of brutality. What I DON'T want to see is a Triple H retirement speech. I know his in-ring career is close to being over anyway, but still, he needs this win.

Speaking of Taker. I like the notion of Mania 29 being his last, although he should truly end it all at 30 against a heel Cena. As I mentioned above, I would LOVE to see that happen. It would be a fitting end to the legacy.

Lastly, there'll definitely be something on Ziggler's MITB cash-in at Mania. That's something else that I believe to be all but inevitable at Mania.

The rumour was a Rock vs Brock tease but interestingly the poster came online yesterday for Payback, the July PPV that will take place in Chicago. I could see Punk shaking Taker's hand after his loss at Mania and the next night Heyman has Lesnar destroy him ala HBK/Sid post Mania XI, setting up Punk vs Brock for Payback and Summerslam.

If Cena turns heel at Mania then his promo will close Raw and nothing else will be needed. They are playing up his desperation to beat The Rock and it has shades of the Austin/Rock build for Mania XVII, but I think it's a bluff and Cena will just win and carry on as he is.

I'd rule out any Taker or Triple H retirement segments as I don't see either losing, Triple H turning heel would make him more bearable but I just don't see an avenue for a turn right now. I'd also rule out anything involving Austin or HBK.

The only possible big return I can think of is Batista but it doesn't seem likely, and while I like Christian his return will not be treat as a big deal as he's a mid carder.

Orton's heel turn is something I'd save for a little down the line when things hit a lull, but who knows, his turn could be the big thing on the post-Mania Raw, maybe he punts The Rock setting up a match at Summerslam.

Yea, after Mania it's usually a firestorm of returns, new personas, new heel/face turns and the superstars explaining why they did it. I'm expecting Ziggler to cash in. As far as everything else goes, nothing is certain. But as far as returning superstars, what about Christian? Or did I miss something? Also I would like to see WWE go out on the market and get John Morrison back.

In my opinion what is needed is a complete WTF just happened moment. Think Hogan turnnig heel at the bash, either at WM or after they need a WTF moment. Something that will have everyone talking. It needs to be something completely unexpected. Cena and shield, as stated in other posts WWE creative would have a heckuva time explaining that one, considering The Shield targets Cena specifically how can the explain the swerve? The best thing would be the double switch ala Austin/Hart, have Cena go to Hart lengths to win the match, the seeds were planted in Cena's last exchange with the Rock last night, I hope they do something because of Cena wins and doesnt go heel there will be a vacum of main event heels in WWE, Orton will always be a tweener, he is so respected for his work, and how he acts outside of the ring, he will always get pops, Ryback as a heel is far too obvious, and Show has gone back and forth so many times that him switching is like people switching there socks, what the WWE needs is a tried and true face, to turn heel, they tried it with Austin at WM, but it was so poorly executed that they basically pushed a giant reset button. Only problem with Cena, would it would be better and more believeable as a slow burn turn, not a complete hotshot, one minute I'm a good guy then I'm a bad guy. Granted Hogan turning Hollywood was a hotshot but it was so unexpected that it was a shock.

The heel turn for Austin was never really explained seeing Steve "had to win". Cena couldn't beat Punk when Punk was champion and the perfect distraction for Cena would be the Shield taking out everyone while protecting his investment of beating the Rock on the biggest stage. I think the rivalry of Cena/Punk could be as great as Hogan/Savage. Look how many times Hogan/Savage were together then against one another. On Raw after Mania when Punk is talking about getting back to his roots and Cena's music hits and from behind The Shield attacks Punk maybe by SSlam Punk will be back in the title picture somewhat. I would have Punk comeback after Extreme Rules and take on the Shield and throughout the year come up a little short of beating Cena for the title until he wins the Rumble and beats Cena at WM 30

I could possibly see there being a ref bump during Rock v Cena where Cena has Rock down then signals to the upper level of the crowd for someone to come down, then the lights going off and have Rock laid out in the middle of the ring when they are back on with Cena getting the cover. Then the night after Mania, Cena cements his turn by revealing that he is the leader of The Shield.

Cena shoud definitely NOT have anything to do with The Shield. He's the ultimate momentum killer for all up and coming wrestlers and storylines. Ruined The Nexus Angle, Zack Ryder, Ryback. I'd much rather see him lose and flip out on RAW then have him be revealed as the leader of The Shield, keep him as far away from them as possible.

I know this will never happen, but seeing as how this is in NY, and that Zack Ryder wants to be "pushed", I'd like to see an angle where he comes out during the main event, ideally when the referee has been hurt, and just blasts both Cena and Rock repeatedly with chairs knocking them both out and leaving. A few seconds pass and Dolph Ziggler and co. rush to the ring and cash in MITB. They quickly celebrate, grab the belt and head up the ramp with the second referee.

A minute goes by and Cena and the first ref both start to regain consciousness and Cena makes the cover and the ref counts 1-2-3, both totally oblivious to what just happened. Cena thinks he won the title only to figure out that Ziggler took the belt from under his nose. He goes from absolute euphoria to rock bottom in seconds as he sees Ziggler on the ramp holding up the belt.

Rock plays an injury angle.

Cena can either stay face and fued with Ryder, or stay face and fued with Ziggler, or turn heel and face Ziggler who could turn face.

Might not work, but at least it gives us a fresh story and new swerve.

Next night on Raw, Ryder opens the show by shooting on how he never gets respect and how WWE used him bla bla bla, WM came along in his home state and all he got was a booth at Axxess to sign autographs. He realized that if WWE wasnt gonna push him, that he was gonna push himself, and what better way than on the grandest stage of them all.

I know this will never happen, but seeing as how this is in NY, and that Zack Ryder wants to be "pushed", I'd like to see an angle where he comes out during the main event, ideally when the referee has been hurt, and just blasts both Cena and Rock repeatedly with chairs knocking them both out and leaving. A few seconds pass and Dolph Ziggler and co. rush to the ring and cash in MITB. They quickly celebrate, grab the belt and head up the ramp with the second referee.

A minute goes by and Cena and the first ref both start to regain consciousness and Cena makes the cover and the ref counts 1-2-3, both totally oblivious to what just happened. Cena thinks he won the title only to figure out that Ziggler took the belt from under his nose. He goes from absolute euphoria to rock bottom in seconds as he sees Ziggler on the ramp holding up the belt.

Rock plays an injury angle.

Cena can either stay face and fued with Ryder, or stay face and fued with Ziggler, or turn heel and face Ziggler who could turn face.

Might not work, but at least it gives us a fresh story and new swerve.

Next night on Raw, Ryder opens the show by shooting on how he never gets respect and how WWE used him bla bla bla, WM came along in his home state and all he got was a booth at Axxess to sign autographs. He realized that if WWE wasnt gonna push him, that he was gonna push himself, and what better way than on the grandest stage of them all.

This concept is flawed by the fact that Ziggler can only cash in for the world heavyweight championship, not the WWE title. Also no one gives a damn about Zack Ryder. I couldn't care less if they future endeavoured him, he brings nothing to the company other than being able to job.

Well I dont see any big names returning..perhaps brock attaks punk, setting up for punk's time off and also their encounter at Summerslam...
A cena heel turn would be a dream come true for probably whole of the IWC..
Can see some NXT guys make their debut...and probably a new World Champion..its been long overdue!

Something involving Cena/Rock. Perhaps a third match. Maybe Taker retiring but that I'd imagine he stays for WM30.

The obvious is Ziggler cashing in his MITB but thats not in the same league as Lesnar, Rock/Cena 1, so I think it will be this combined with something else.

After watching Monday nights RAW, and the reaction and answers of Cena to alot of the hall-of-famers questions, I could see Cena losing to the Rock at Wrestlemania via a controversial decision, only to get another shot at RAW on Monday night where he turns heel and completely shocks the WWE Universe. It's been mentioned on more than 1 occasion by Cena and the announcers regarding the fans split on him and for the most part, nothing said is ever without purpose.

Based on the seeds planted in the Q&A I really hope we are seeing the groundwork laid for a heel turn. Austin returning is a big leap. Granted he is still a draw but his work rate was never good to begin with, I just don't see him coming back. Punk wants time off, so WWE will be without a real heel that draw real heat. Listen to the crowd reaction during the Q&A, for the first time in a long time, the boos were louder than the cheers, Rock is leaving after WM so the belt will go to Cena either at WM or next night. The real question is why is going to happen in the months after WWE when they traditionally do Spring Cleaning, and future endeavor wrestlers, and go through the brand swappig.

I foresee CM Punk turning face and John Cena turning heel. I see CM Punk returning the urn to Undertaker after their match (no matter the outcome, but I personally see Punk as the victor). With him likely taking time off after WrestleMania 29 and people already wanting to cheer him, they'll have a hell of a time getting him booed when he returns.

As for Cena, I'm thinking this will be the right time for him to turn heel. I think that there is something in the future for Cena/Laurinaitis as a pair. I think that will be a pretty decent swerve with the obvious comparison with Austin/McMahon (not as brilliant, but a decent turn). So Cena will win the title at WrestleMania 29, and when Punk returns as a Face, they will go at it again (Punk/Cena will always make money, and WWE knows that).

I see Ziggler cashing in on Jack Swagger after Swagger wins at WrestleMania 29 and starting their feud (seeds were planted when Ziggler made a comment about it being "nice" that Swagger returns and is handed a shot at the WHC at WrestleMania).

I foresee CM Punk turning face and John Cena turning heel. I see CM Punk returning the urn to Undertaker after their match (no matter the outcome, but I personally see Punk as the victor). With him likely taking time off after WrestleMania 29 and people already wanting to cheer him, they'll have a hell of a time getting him booed when he returns.

As for Cena, I'm thinking this will be the right time for him to turn heel. I think that there is something in the future for Cena/Laurinaitis as a pair. I think that will be a pretty decent swerve with the obvious comparison with Austin/McMahon (not as brilliant, but a decent turn). So Cena will win the title at WrestleMania 29, and when Punk returns as a Face, they will go at it again (Punk/Cena will always make money, and WWE knows that).

I see Ziggler cashing in on Jack Swagger after Swagger wins at WrestleMania 29 and starting their feud (seeds were planted when Ziggler made a comment about it being "nice" that Swagger returns and is handed a shot at the WHC at WrestleMania).

THIS.

It seems way too odd that Cena had an almost heelish promo and Lauranitis suddenly returns at the same time, blaming Cena and announcing that he is after retribution.

Would be shocking, but yet one of the only ways that WWE could get 80-90% of the crowd to boo Cena.

I don't know about anyone else but the surprise I feel coming is, finally, a Cena heel turn. Just his demeanour and the way he was talking on the last Raw, like The Rock didn't beat him, he beat himself and I found it interesting that he stated "I HAVE TO WIN" this reminds me of the lead up to WM17 when Stone Cold said "I will do ANYTHING to win".

I think what should happen is in the middle of their match, after Rock throws Cena outside the ring, while Cena is recovering outside. Out comes The Shield and give Rock another beating of a lifetime and just like against Punk Rock refuses to quit but unlike at RR his injuries from the beating are too much to overcome and as a direct result Cena picks up the win and as he is celebrating, out comes The Shield again surrounding Cena, they stare down for a while and with a close-up of John Cena's face as he is staring them down we see a big smile across his face and and then it's high 5s and man-hugs all round, as Cena and the shield are celebrating the win when WM goes off air.

And to have both memorable Heel turns happen against The Rock makes sense.

I understand that people want a Cena heel turn, but what I don't get is why so many people want him to be involved with The Shield. They're perfectly fine on their own doing what they're doing, putting them with Cena IMO comepletely ruins everything they've done and can do. If they involve Cena in The Shield then it pretty much becomes Cena and friends and not the dominant 3 man group that they already are. If Cena is gonna go heel to cheat to win at Mania (which I personally don't want, I'd rather him lose again which would make a heel or more serious turn better) then involve someone else..anyone but The Shield.

i forsee Randy Orton turning heel on sheamus & show and Joing the SHIELD..

Heel Orton chasing Cena for the belt with the shield's help would be so much fun..

and we all know how stale orton has become, as cool as it would be to see cena be the 1 to turn.. it wont happen.

I understand that people want a Cena heel turn, but what I don't get is why so many people want him to be involved with The Shield. They're perfectly fine on their own doing what they're doing, putting them with Cena IMO comepletely ruins everything they've done and can do. If they involve Cena in The Shield then it pretty much becomes Cena and friends and not the dominant 3 man group that they already are. If Cena is gonna go heel to cheat to win at Mania (which I personally don't want, I'd rather him lose again which would make a heel or more serious turn better) then involve someone else..anyone but The Shield.

The Internet would go crazy for a John Cena heel turn... but the problem with it would be... WHO would he face?

They haven't built up anyone who could be a credible face to take on a heel the magnitude of John Cena. To make Cena heel and do it right... there HAS to be another super face for him to fight. Who is that right now? Sheamus? Ryback? Absolutely not.

The only way it would work, as far as I see it, is if they committed themselves to having a heel Cena run roughshod over the WWE for a few months, then use that time to build a guy who's not already at that level up to be that face who could finally beat Cena. If you thought that say Dolph Ziggler was ready to be THAT guy, then this would be a good way to do it. I don't know that Ziggler... or anyone on the roster, is ready to be THAT guy though.

Looks like we're just having fun with this thread, right? So screw it, here's my two cents:

Heyman shouts at Stephanie (the only kayfabe-uninjured relative of Vince) about "his client, Brahck Leznurr"
Then... "Hey Sis, you miss me?" The return of heel Shane McMahon, invasion angle with Bischoff as side-kick. Pauly splits, Steph faints and nobody under twelve gives a shit and it's on to business as usual. Not good or original, but you heard it here first.

I'll only believe a returning Austin when I see it, JoMo would be a pipe-dream come true and Christian/Evan wouldn't be all that surprising (but still good, though).

A heel Cena would certainly be refreshing, but if that happens at the Raw after Wrestlemania 2013, I will eat my own hat, along with some humble pie. We have NOBODY that's built on Cena's level and the kids'll probably still cheer him.

Looks like we're just having fun with this thread, right? So screw it, here's my two cents:

Heyman shouts at Stephanie (the only kayfabe-uninjured relative of Vince) about "his client, Brahck Leznurr"
Then... "Hey Sis, you miss me?" The return of heel Shane McMahon, invasion angle with Bischoff as side-kick. Pauly splits, Steph faints and nobody under twelve gives a shit and it's on to business as usual. Not good or original, but you heard it here first.

I'll only believe a returning Austin when I see it, JoMo would be a pipe-dream come true and Christian/Evan wouldn't be all that surprising (but still good, though).

A heel Cena would certainly be refreshing, but if that happens at the Raw after Wrestlemania 2013, I will eat my own hat, along with some humble pie. We have NOBODY that's built on Cena's level and the kids'll probably still cheer him.

I'll hold you to that!

Just posted in another thread that I believe Punk may be turning face. Once he finishes his match with Undertaker, there is no way the crowd will still be booing him...Just look at the last few years of matches...both competitors walked out getting cheered and applauded.

I'd expect Punk to breakaway from Paul Heyman during this match as he will either interfere in the match and piss Punk off, or even cost him the match. That will also set up a Punk vs Lesnar angle for later in the year once Lesnar returns again.

Ah, maybe I'm the only one that remembers, but when they started Money in the Bank, wasn't it suppsoed to only be good for 1 title match from the time you win until the next Wrestlemania? I seem to remember then being very strong and clear on that but was it changed quietly in the last year or so?
As far as I'm concerned he already cashed it in, just because there was outside interference that stopped the match and he pulled the case away from the ref, doesn't mean he didn't agree to the match and effectively cash in the contract. I'm sick of hearing people wondering when he's going to cash it in, since in my mind he already did.

Didn't someoen else do the same thing a few years back and didn't get the case/contract back even though it was the same situation where there was some kind of interference just as the match was starting. Shouldn't it have gone down as a DQ finish and him having cashed it in. If I remember right the bell had rung when the match was interupted.

How about all the titles being defended again with the socalled rematch clauses for any that changed hands.

Cena, Punk, and Brock not being there and Rock(if retains) voluntarily dropping title to set up something we haven't had in years: A Title Tournament. Make the next PPV ala WM4(?) were Macho man wond the title fighting 4 times.

Goldberg runs out of the stands and spears Brock, Jackhammer, and stiff kick uner Brocks career the way he did Bret's. At the end of the night everyone carries Goldberg out of the arena on their shoulders thanking him for getting rid of Brock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back