The 4-sided ring vs 6-sided ring Discussion thread

So did they officially get rid of it? Fucking stupid. I don't like it. Just for pretty much all the reasons above. I liked the ring. It brought a bit of change. I understand everything can be adjusted and whatever, but why change it at all? They'll have to come up with all kinds of new cheesy names for anything that had six sides in it. Damn old people with their old wrestling values. I hope you break your hips.

The ring shouldn't be even an issue if they're talking about improvement.

It makes TNA unique and it would take me a while to get used to watching the product without it.

How about just making the show not be a 2 hour mess of no continuity and constant run-ins.

To me TNA getting rid of the 6 sided ring in favor of a more traditional 4 sided ring makes as much sense to me as the UFC getting rid of their octagon in favor of a more traditional boxing ring. The 6 sided ring helps set TNA apart from the WWE. It's a trademark. It'd be like WWE giving up survivor series or something like that.

To me TNA getting rid of the 6 sided ring in favor of a more traditional 4 sided ring makes as much sense to me as the UFC getting rid of their octagon in favor of a more traditional boxing ring. The 6 sided ring helps set TNA apart from the WWE. It's a trademark. It'd be like WWE giving up survivor series or something like that.

See, this is where everyone fails in their comparisons. You cannot compare the six-side ring to the Survivor Series.

TNA's choice to use a six-sided ring is using something different for the sake of being different. It brings hardly anything to the table. It's as asinine as someone saying, "Well, since the WWE holds their events inside of arenas, we're going to hold ours outside." So they book all of their events outdoors to compete. Sure, it rains every once in a while and that's a major flaw, but it doesn't matter because it makes them different.

See the difference?? What purpose does the six-sided ring serve besides visual? You can get the same results out of a four sided ring.

If these guys want to be so different and innovative, they need to find a way to revolutionize the sport that will appeal to the majority of the fans and be a real eye-opener. Adding two sides to a ring doesn't cut the mustard.

Fro me it just make them different from WWE as it is another organization but for real, it ode snot bring anything outstanding to the table, I mean they work it as it is a four side ring, because at the core of it all, the way of working a match is the same.

Only thing is that it would be weird to see a 4 sided ring on TNA, not because it is bad or because It takes away from their product, it is because I have got used to watch it in that Ring, nothing more.Is like when a female friend of yours gets comple new hair cut, like for instances shaving her head, is not that she is less attractive or anything, is that you are not used to see her like that (eventhough shaving her head might be pushing it).

Like D-Man said, it is the same results from one or another.

Why are people so upset about this, Ithink D-Man hit the nail onthe head. The 6 sided ring is somehting that's different for the sake of being different. You forget that EVERY SINGLE WRESTLER trains in a four sided ring, so when they go to TNA it takes a while for them to adapt. The four sided ring in turn takes out that middle step making newer talent ready straight away.

Forst off i dont care about grammar pr anything so yeah

i respect hogan and bischoff but you gotta think about it if theres one thing that separated tna from wwe it was there six sided ring terrodome six sides of steel and most importantly the Lockdown ppv i mean it beat WM25 which i think was good but it was'nt WM 25 good any other mania maybe Now besides AAA in mexico i cant think of any other wrestling promotion who has the six sides unless there planning to only use the six sides when the Lockdown ppv comes around other than that i dont see the reason for getting rid of the 6 sided ring

just read what some posted you can get the same results from a 4 sided as to a 6 six sided ring besides my post above the wrestlers namely the x divison guys have more room to fly and do crazy stunts which if you ask me really made tna what it is today Speaking of crazy stunts go back a couple of years Triple X vs AMW primetime elix skipper walked on top of the cage which he could have died and delivered a rana off the cage that my friend is what separates 4 side ring to a 6 sided ring

For anyone who say's the six sided ring is what makes TNA original, that's not a good thing. To rest the hopes of your companies "wow" factor on what ring you wrestle in is a joke. I do not like the six sided ring. I do think it would probably be a good idea to get rid of it, because the six sided ring does make the area seem much smaller. I always found it a bit odd that they went with a six sided ring. It sort of takes some tradition away, and while I understand TNA was attempting to be different, there are far better ways to do so than just changing the structure of the ring. And I hope with changing the ring, they get rid of that stupid looking red cage they have. It is hard to see through and is distracting to the matches inside.

I have always appreciated the six-sided ring, mainly because of its use by both TNA and the Mexican promotion AAA. It's different than WWE, yes...but that is where you must listen to the logic of the D-Man and Lee. It's different for the sake of being different.

When TNA first started making strides to being a nationally-recognized company, they marketed themselves as "The Wrestling Alternative." Having the six-sided ring at this point made sense. It was an "alternative" to the four-sided ring offered in the WWE.

But now, it's fairly obvious that TNA's strategy has changed. Instead of "The Wrestling Alternative," their mantra seems to be "We Are the New WCW. Remember, They Beat WWE For A While? And We're Gonna Start A New Monday Night War Because We Have Hogan!" So, at this juncture in their history, a switch to a traditional ring would make sense.

If they do make the swap, I would prefer they use an 18' x 18' ring, like WCW did. It allowed for the smaller guys like the cruiserweights to still have fast-paced matches, and still felt big enough for the heavyweights and the main events. I just feel the 20' x 20' ring the WWE uses is too vast. The competitors have to venture a little farther which provides for the slower pace of matches, in my opinion.

Getting rid of six sided ring is a horrible idea. Because it was TNA's identity when you think of TNA the six sided ring was one of the thing that came to my mind first. Why do they have to be like all other wrestling companies the six sided ring was TNA's own identity when you see the six sided ring you could understand that TNA is going on. It was a good thing to differ TNA from other companies.

It may be the different for the sake of different but I feel the six sided ring does give TNA an identity and makes them stand out.

I really hope that they don't change it.

My .2cents.

I agree whole heartily that the 6 sided ring has somewhat been an identity of TNA, and everyone gets that. It's obviously been made for gimmick matches and for high flyers. That's great and all and it worked but if TNA wants to stand up to the WWE and put their wrestling on the line, they must cut out the gimmick matches and wrestle in a traditional ring. Some say it makes them stand out, but I think they stand out to being fruity.

The only problem is, is that it looks HIDEOUS, RIDICULOUS and JUVENILE. When I first watched TNA, I almost couldn't watch it because the ring was tiny and looked awkward as it was. To the new fan tuning in, I can almost guarantee that the 6 sided ring would turn them off. These are grown men in there, specimen's. They need their room, and guys like Sting, Angle, Abyss, and even Daniels and Styles can do SO MUCH MORE and put on a more original match given their talents if they go to a standard 4 sided ring. The small ring limits talent. Tune in to the WWE, and you see those guys in a huge ring and it feels more like WRESTLING as we know it. Always will.

I know MOST TNA fans love it and wouldn't want them to get rid of it, but I think, overall, and to the overall feel factor, that TNA would benefit going to what wrestling is revolutionized after and that's a 4 sided ring.

I'm all up for innovation but it does make the company look a bit cheap/small time. Having a "proper" 4 sided ring is the standard, and would present TNA as a more legit company to casual viewers. It also looks better/bigger and less awkward tbh.

NOOOOO i love the six sided ring and im sure their gimmick matches would be all screwed up with 4 sides the asylum ultimate x and maybe even kotm could suffer from this. also in trying to attract new viewers they risk alienating those who are all ready devoted tna fans. and who cares whether they become huge or not i watch wrestling for the exciting matches not to see the 60 year old members of N.W.O take up screen time with their bitchin parties and pointless banter

According to PWInsider.com, TNA will be doing away with their six-sided ring at tonight's "Genesis" pay-per view.

Expect a traditional four-sided ring for the show tonight.

I know this is an old issue, but hey, it sounds official now.

I'm devastated and fuming. This is one of the worst things to happen in TNA's history. It will probably ruin at least one of the matches. As a fan going to see a live show in a couple of weeks, I'm gutted I wont see one of the companys' most unique features again.

I know this is an old issue, but hey, it sounds official now.

I'm devastated and fuming. This is one of the worst things to happen in TNA's history. It will probably ruin at least one of the matches. As a fan going to see a live show in a couple of weeks, I'm gutted I wont see one of the companys' most unique features again.

Agreed. Between this and the "major" acquisition, I am not happy.

The X Division title match is basically shit, no matter who pops up to face Red, and who knows what's going to happen with the trademark gimmick matches. I don't see the point in bringing in the 4-sided ring.

Was anything "wrong" with the 6-sided ring? No. It was working just fine for everyone, and the fanbase was growing at a steady pace. this is a sad day in the history of TNA.

I'm excited, I hated that ring. I know people say it's stupid for something like the ring to affect your enjoyment, but in professional wrestling, presentation is key. It might take some readjusting for the wrestlers, depending on how used to the six sides they are, but I think this is a good thing, it makes TNA seem more legitimate. The six sides seemed like such a bad cry for attention. Well done TNA.

That ring was useless. The only reason it was used was to appeal to the MMA audience with the six sides or to make their show 'unique'. It's stupid, IMO. The four sided ring IS wrestling. Why change it in the first place? To me, changing something to appeal to an audience your product doesn't appeal to anyway makes no sense. The MMA audience wants to watch real fighting and not choreographed spots in a ring. So this is a great move to change the rings back.

Plus, think of it in a wrestler's perspective. More than one wrestler has said it's tougher to use that ring than the four sided ring. The spots are a little better, but the ropes are tighter, which can possibly hurt a wrestler. Imagine Angle going down for 9 months because he went into the ropes wrong. The four sided ring is great and I'm glad it's back.

Now if they only get rid of the advertising on the mat. The ring's sacred, dammit!

I think Genesis is just a testing ground for the 4-sided ring, if most people like it then they'll keep but if people start complaining, then their might some problems. I just hope those stupid front row TNA fans that are at every show don't start a riot

The 6-sided ring didn't help anyone, the ring was small as shit and it looked like the wrestlers had no space to do anything. While the spots were good, you could never feel the emotion behind them, it looked like the guys were just doing fancy jumps off a trampoline. Now when the wrestlers are doing their high spots, you might actually say OMG because when the ring is bigger, it makes everything else bigger

The 4-sided ring will bring in WWE's casual audience(plus the little kids) and it could open new doors for TNA in terms of marketing because not many people know that a 6-sided ring can be used in wrestling

I Just hope the ring is big like WWE's ring(20x20) because if it's small, then their was really no point in getting rid of the 6-sided ring

Hogan debuted the 4 sided ring and then did a shoot on the fucking smarky crowd in the impact zone and OWNED THEM!

I think the ring looks great, Hogan's shoot was just what this company needed, because everyone thinks they know what is good or bad for a company, but haven't been in Hogan or Bischoff's shoes. They are all Mark Madden, Jim Cornette, and other has beens who can't find good work in the business.

He said "No more rinky dink play pen rings, this is where wrestling started, and this is where we shed our blood sweat and tears". Goddam this looks so much better, and I dare someone to challenge that. X Division match is first and this shit looks SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER.

Please give your thoughts here. I am pumped watching the PPV and my wife and I are losing it.

Not sure. I always thought that the six sides was unique and gave the wrestlers a lot more freedom of motion. I watch both companies and am getting concerned that Hogan et al. are going to turn TNA into a mini-me clone of the WWE which is not what they need. They need things that make them stand out and the 6 sided ring did that. USP (unique selling proposition) is what they need. If not then I fear the Vine and Co. will swallow them. Which would be bad for the fans.

Now the overall product and wrestling is still miles ahead of WWE, especially the Knockouts Division, as they look like they're trying to KILL each other out there.

I hate to say it, but the smarky fans in TNA and the Impact Zone are going to have to suck it up. This is what HAS to transpire in order or the company to be taken more seriously. Otherwise, it looks like a second-rate wrestling side show.

This is something where the smarks are wrong, and Hogan and Bischoff are right. And that plain and simply is something they are just going to have to live with.

TNA is bound to attract more people with this move then they are to lose people. Hell, this will definitely appeal MORE towards the WWE fans, as well .... which obviously is another of TNA's goals. And my guess is that the TNA fans will bitch and whine, but they will get used to it.

Well i was like change it back when hogan and bishoff did there angle even the crowd was booing bishoff and hogan and chanting they want it back but looking at the matches it wasnt a bad idea after all but i still prefer the 6 sided ring if the go to mondays so i can choose whether i feel like a six sided ring or 4 sided it makes the 2 companies unique.

I hate to say it, but the smarky fans in TNA and the Impact Zone are going to have to suck it up. This is what HAS to transpire in order or the company to be taken more seriously. Otherwise, it looks like a second-rate wrestling side show.

This is something where the smarks are wrong, and Hogan and Bischoff are right. And that plain and simply is something they are just going to have to live with.

TNA is bound to attract more people with this move then they are to lose people. Hell, this will definitely appeal MORE towards the WWE fans, as well .... which obviously is another of TNA's goals. And my guess is that the TNA fans will bitch and whine, but they will get used to it.

Sidious, you always come in with the voice of reason when I am on a mark out rant. The crowd chanted "We want six sides". From there Hogan and Bischoff chucked, and then did a shoot which began with "Well, to address that...." after the shoot, the crowd put their tail between their legs and ran away.

This is something that everyone is going to have to suck up, and it is only the smarks here. TNA looks more legit with that one move and I really don't think anyone can deny that. The workers have more room, the ring has more give, and there is a better "feel" to the 4 sides.

As you said, those who still may not like it will have to get used to...or even worse, go back to watching the WWE.

Hey there everybody! As you know(at least I hope), Tna, now because of Hogan, has a 4 sided ring instead of the usual 6 sided ring that I personally thought made tna what it is today(apart from the amazing wrestlers), I really liked the 6 sided ring, it was innovative and different compared to the usual 4 sided ring that you would pretty much see the whole time.

And I know it's just a difference in rings but I'm going to miss the 6 sided ring, and now they've also gotten rid of the 6 sides of steel, and now it's just going to be 4 sides of steel, which to me doesn't seem as interesting cause it's just a steel cage match, 6 sides of steel was tna's creation, and now it's gone.

I don't know, maybe i'm thinking too much about it, but it's just how I feel, what about everyone else? How do ye feel about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back