Texting Protocol?

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Does anyone have a set of guidelines or rules when texting?

I have some ground rules I made for myself when it comes to texting.

1. The Rule of 3. If you send three consecutive texts and don't receive a response within 3 hours, then you don't send another text until 24 hours has elapsed. After 24 hours, send one text a day for the next three days. If no response after that time, either said person's phone is shut down, or you are not their favorite person.
  2. Grammar is still a priority, but it doesn't need to look like a Hemingway novel. Using 'U' instead of 'you' or 'ur' instead of your are acceptable to me. 'U R' instead of 'you're' or 'you are' is debatable.
  3. To me, lol means it was funny, but no actual laughter took place. LOL means a chuckle potentially occured. LMAO means legit laughter took place.

Do any of you have any unwritten rules about texting?

With a lot of people, you must throw in a :p face when you're joking or being sarcastic. If there's no face, you're being serious.

Only "rule" I think of is that I don't text people after say 10 pm, especially on a week night, unless I know for a fact they are awake or they text me first.

I rarely use smilies. The only exception is my girlfriend really.

Sending consecutive texts is a terrible thing that i try to avoid most of the time.

I know that for sexting, the order is nipple, dick, pussy, butthole.
[YOUTUBE]SfsN4waLdk8[/YOUTUBE]

What justinsayne said. I don't text people late unless I know they're up or they text me first.

And I agree with Blade. Adding a smiley can make a big difference.

I don't send multiple text about the same topic. I put it all into one. I have a friend who will text like this

"I got a haircut today."
"Shorter than I ever have before."
"I also got it dyed."
"It's blonde now."

So she has just sent 4 separate text messages about the same thing before I've even had a chance to respond.

I can understand if you meant to put something in there but forgot to. When it's an every time thing though it gets annoying.

Sometimes if I'm sending a longer text I will try to break it up into two or three smaller texts. No idea why, I just feel a couple texts is an easier read than one five page essay. I wouldn't call that a rule though.

I do agree on the whole lol thing. To me and most of my circle of friends lol at the end of a text is usually used to signify a joke or that something was clever. If something actually made us laugh out load, we usually say haha, or on occasion "el oh el" for stuff of much laughter.

People have come to realise that I don't reply to texts, so my rule is that people no-longer text me.

Most basic advice ever. When you're drunk, don't text you're ex. Just don't.

If I wrote them here, that would kinda kill the "unwritten" thing. Don't text. The 15 cents is not worth it.

i. No idle texting. Plans, meeting, direct enquiries only. It's a poor medium for nuance.
ii. If it's longer than 2 standard text messages, call instead.
iii. One 'x' for girls I am friends with, two for my girlfriend.

Never use the same greeting twice in a row.

If you send a text that ends in a question, don't send another until said question has been answered.

It's okay to break the previous rule if something interesting enough & worth-while is to be said.

Don't say shit like "U", "ur", and so-on unless you're using a flip phone, or something older. If you have a smart-phone, it just makes you look lazy & un-caring (that's how I feel, anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back