Tastycles' Trivia Teasers

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
1. What size box of Chicken McNuggets is enough?

a) 6
b) 9
c) 20
d) No amount of Chicken McNuggets is enough

2. What colour is Uncle Sam's hair

a) Blond
b) Brown
c) Ginger
d) Grey
e) He's bald
f) He's bald and has tattoos of dolphins leaping over his ears.

3. Who is the longest reigning normal moderator (i.e. not G-Mod or Admin) of all the times?

4. If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the percentage likelihood that you are correct?

a) 25%
b) 50%
c) 60%
d) 25%

Essay Question: My real name is Gaz, is it ok to call my bedroom the Gaz Chamber? Explain your answer

If more than enough qualifies as enough for the purpose of this question, then A.

He's bald.

3. Who is the longest reigning normal moderator (i.e. not G-Mod or Admin) of all the times?

This is not a very interesting question.

4. If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the percentage likelihood that you are correct?

As long as I confine my random selection be being from A and B, the answer is B.

Essay Question: My real name is Gaz, is it ok to call my bedroom the Gaz Chamber? Explain your answer

No. No.

a) 6
b) 9
c) 20

None of the above. Chicken McNuggets are horrible.

a) Blond
b) Brown
c) Ginger
d) Grey
e) He's bald

I'll go with brown

For all the time I have been here, I am still not certain what a G-Mod is. As for the answer to the question, I have no idea. Is it Tasty himself?

a) 25%
b) 50%
c) 60%
d) 25%

Surely, once you put so much thought into it and because you know what answers come with the selections, it is not truly random and because my choice affects the answer it is therefore something a paradox.

Essay Question: My real name is Gaz, is it ok to call my bedroom the Gaz Chamber? Explain your answer[/QUOTE]

It might be an accurate description of it in the morning after a few too many beers and a barely edible kebab but it is hardly going to entice the ladies so I would go with no.

4 is a headfuck. The point about it being random shouldn't matter as we are being asked 'If you were asked randomly', as in that ISN'T the question we are being asked. We don't know what the answer is but we know it is one of the four (or 3 ) options. The chance of getting the answer right varies with what the answer of the question, which we don't know. So in other words, the answer to the question of the probability can't be fixed to a certain number (it would be 50% if the answer is 25%, 25% is the answer is the other two), but as we are being asked for a fixed probability that we can get the question right, and none of the supplied answers provide a range of correct values, the answer has to be none of the above.

a) 6
b) 9
c) 20

No amount = 0. As a vegetarian, 0 is exactly the right number of Chicken McNuggets that I would order

a) Blond
b) Brown
c) Ginger
d) Grey
e) He's bald

I think he's a bit young to be bald/grey and the weather's too cold for anyone with some common sense to be shaving their hair. More people have brown hair than ginger, so I'll say that.

Tastycles

a) 25%
b) 50%
c) 60%
d) 25%

The reason for this is as follows: There's 4 answers, therefore a 25% chance to be right if you picked at random. However, because two of the answers are 25% this cannot be the solution. If we think of options A and D being the same choice, there are actually three options, 25%, 50% and 60%, therefore there's a 33% chance of being right. This still isn't the right answer though. When it's considered that you cannot have a 1 in 4 chance of being right when selecting from 3 options, 25% cannot be right and thus can be eliminated. This means there are two answers left to pick from and a 1 in 2 chance of being right. 1/2 = 50% therefore B.

The simpler answer (that actually relates to an actual choice made without reasoning) is you have a 1/4 chance of being right. 25% is 2/4 of the answers, therefore you have a 50% chance of being right. I prefer my first answer though

This is of course assuming that the answer remains the same, no matter the route you took to obtain the answer.

No. To call any room a Gaz chamber draws potential for it to be missheard and thereby invoke Godwin's law. Since invoking Godwin's law is a bad idea in all situations this is a bad name for a bedroom.

a) 6
b) 9
c) 20

Trick question because, "Enough is enough and it's time for a change!"

a) Blond
b) Brown
c) Ginger
d) Grey
e) He's bald

Another trick question, because he's hairless with the exception of his pubes. There is no color in the spectrum that accurately describes his pubes.

Find me a normal moderatory let alone a normal wrestling fan, and that is your answer.

a) 25%
b) 50%
c) 60%
d) 25%

B

Depends on whether or not you ever want to bring a Jewish girl home.

Regardless, you need to start promising women orGAZms.

4 is a headfuck. The point about it being random shouldn't matter as we are being asked 'If you were asked randomly', as in that ISN'T the question we are being asked. We don't know what the answer is but we know it is one of the four (or 3 ) options. The chance of getting the answer right varies with what the answer of the question, which we don't know. So in other words, the answer to the question of the probability can't be fixed to a certain number (it would be 50% if the answer is 25%, 25% is the answer is the other two), but as we are being asked for a fixed probability that we can get the question right, and none of the supplied answers provide a range of correct values, the answer has to be none of the above.

In other words 0%.

However, that is only true if the outcome entails that ANY of the options can actually be correct and answer the question (that we don't know the identity of). So the other alternative is that it's impossible to know. However, if one of the answers can be correct, the above solution would be true.

Either n/a or 0%. Heavy bacon.

If the answer is 25%, the answer is 50% because you have a 50% chance to pick the correct answer at random. If the answer is not 25%, the answer is still 50% because you have a 50% chance to pick an answer that is not 25%.

If the answer is 25%, the answer is 50% because you have a 50% chance to pick the correct answer at random. If the answer is not 25%, the answer is still 50% because you have a 50% chance to pick an answer that is not 25%.

But a 50% chance of picking/not picking 25% is not the same as a 50% chance of picking the correct answer. It just means you have a 50% chance of picking either b) or c). a) and d) do not get eliminated as choices because they are the same.

You have a 25% chance of picking either a), b), c) or d) but no chance of picking the right answer because your 'random' choice affects the answer.

1. D if sober, E if not
2. What colour is lice?
3. The nazis seem to have been in power for a while so I will go with Hitler
4. I will go with 37.5% although 0 seems best answer.
5. It is better than taking your dates to the O van

Actually in light of my answer to 3 and the likelihood it is actually you the gaz chamber thing makes a little too much sense

a) 6
b) 9
c) 20

a) Blond
b) Brown
c) Ginger
d) Grey
e) He's bald

a) 25%
b) 50%
c) 60%
d) 25%

Барбоса;4305237 said:
But a 50% chance of picking/not picking 25% is not the same as a 50% chance of picking the correct answer. It just means you have a 50% chance of picking either b) or c). a) and d) do not get eliminated as choices because they are the same.

I'm working on the principle that this works under the same principles as a standard MCQ. In a standard MCQ they do because there can only be one correct answer and thus it can't be duplicated. The answer also remains the same regardless of the route you take. Guessing right or from your own knowledge, the answer remains the same. The reasoning I've used points towards 50%, therefore that's the chance you have of being right by picking at random.

You have a 25% chance of picking either a), b), c) or d) but no chance of picking the right answer because your 'random' choice affects the answer.

That's no fun. I prefer to think that the correct answer is defined by the route you take. It's like using the laws of physics to work out if hell is hot or cold.

The first bit is right. The second bit can be either 50 or 60%, and you have a 25% chance of it being either. Overall, of four possible outcomes, you have two where the answer is 25% (and that means a 50% of being right) and one pop each at 50 and 60% (each giving you a 25% chance of being right, because there are four total options, even if two of them are the same). That means 2/4 pops give you 50% and 2/4 give you 25%. Add 'em together, divide by two and you get an AVERAGE probability of 37.5%, or to be precise 25-50%. As neither of these are a possible answer, the potential probability for you to get a correct answer is 0%.

The trick in this question is with the way it's said. It doesn't state that the probability of getting a correct answer has to be any of the four options given. That means if it isn't, it's possible for the probability of getting a correct answer to be 0% as in the given example. That's the problematic part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back