SvR 2006: GM Mode

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
First off, I don't know if this belongs here, but.....

Aha yea that's right. I still have a PS2 and yes I'm currently playing Smackdown! vs RAW 2006. Why might you ask? Well that's simple, because it's fucking awsome!!! I love this game so much, partially because the roster and gameplay is awsome but mainly because of one thing. THE GM MODE!!! I mean seriously, it's fucking awsome. SvR 2007 and 2008's sucked ass and since I don't have an XBOX 360 or PS3 (Don't shoot me) and I haven't bought SvR 2011 yet (again don't shoot) me, I don't really know what the WWE Universe Mode is really like. Anyways, what I'm saying is that for next years game, "SvR 2012". They should bring back the GM Mode in the format of SvR 2006's! Let me know if you agree and/or if you'd bring back anything else for the next game.

Have to agree with you here the GM mode was great an i really felt it was something that they should have continued on with. It was creative and it gave all of us wrestling fans a chance to be head of the creative department. Would love to see it come back

Of course they should. Myself and a legendary poster known as the OneBigWill went to fucking TOWN with this mode, and both loved it so, so very much. Universe mode is the closest you can get these days to GM Mode, and its still not even close. I wish too they would bring it back, but alas, if it has been missing for three years, its highly unlikely that it ever comes back.

Quick tip, for extra fun, use two players and control BOTH brands. Good times.

Of course they should. Myself and a legendary poster known as the OneBigWill went to fucking TOWN with this mode, and both loved it so, so very much. Universe mode is the closest you can get these days to GM Mode, and its still not even close. I wish too they would bring it back, but alas, if it has been missing for three years, its highly unlikely that it ever comes back.

Quick tip, for extra fun, use two players and control BOTH brands. Good times.

Yes NorCal...what year is that Universe Mode in again? I thought there was something similar in 09?? or was it '10? I thought there was something in one of the more recent years that was slightly similar, although it wasn't GM, but it came pretty damn close. I do agree that '06 was probably the best thing around, it was easily hackable with the GameShark, and the greatest storylines that you could access. However, if only they could have brought back some of the other matches to modern day, (I know..I know...the Family Friendly..doesn't allow Fulfill your fantasy..) but it would have been great to incorporate some of the old time things like that, even if it was just a Diva's Pillow Fight, forget lingerie, they have Pajama War or whatever. I mean if they can let Diva's do falls count anywhere, and now withthe Divas in TLC crap, it should be able to push the envelope a little more now. I do agree the GM mode was amazing. Too bad though, because I always ended up with the lower ratings no matter what brand I tried, or following the tips and tricks. :disappointed:

Don't even be embarassed for what games you are playing.

GM Mode was (and still is) amazing to play and while I don't hold my breath, I hope that it returns in a future edition of Smackdown Vs Raw. Like NorCal mentioned, Universe mode is the closest to a GM mode that we have today. It would be really nice if THQ combined both GM mode with the Universe, but again, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Don't even be embarassed for what games you are playing.

GM Mode was (and still is) amazing to play and while I don't hold my breath, I hope that it returns in a future edition of Smackdown Vs Raw. Like NorCal mentioned, Universe mode is the closest to a GM mode that we have today. It would be really nice if THQ combined both GM mode with the Universe, but again, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Muffin, I couldn't agree more with you. I think the reason we are seeing THQ stray away from the games that we had from the days of yore (2006, SD vs RAW, Here Comes The Pain, etc) is because as much fun as those were, they were a little too simple for today's standard. There are much more ways to advertise and get some money back as well in today's video games. The butt-load amounts of gratuitous adverts for WWE.com, the posters, etc, and other subliminal ways that the games advertise for you to 'shop wwe.com' and other hidden adverts that are like easter eggs in the games from not just WWE games, but anything, like Madden, or whatever you can expect. It all boils down to the almight dollar. As much fun as we had with GM mode, its not so much one that can pack 'regular advertising' in it, where would the fun be in that? Sad but true.

SD vs Raw 06 was GREAT! Yeah, the roster is dated now, but I too miss the GM mode.
If you ask me, it was just more fun: drafting your own roster, pushing your own champions, making your own feuds.

Yeah, wake up THQ! We want our GM Mode back

I think it was a good feature of SDvsRaw, even though it did have its flaws. I personally didnt use it that much, I got frustrated when I started losing viewers lol.

I prefer the universe mode on the new games or the create a storyline mode, I am on those all the time making my own WWE, so I dont feel the need for GM to come back.

As it wasnt that complicated and couldnt have taken up that much memory I do think it would be a nice thing to add on to the next SDvsRaw though, as there are alot of people who loved it

I fucking hated this part of thegame. I didn't understand it. It was my first ever WWE game and I loved the rest of it but the GM mode didn't appeal to me. With that being said... Come just before "07" came out I got into it and loved it. but seeing the roster was out dated, I traded in "06" for "07" thinking that it also would have the GM mode. :(

Yes they should bring it back. I still swap my brother my Xbox for his ps2 when he stays jut to play it. It was way better then the universe mode on the latest SVR, easier to use, it made sense and you could have title matches. Let's hope they do bring this back. but I don't think they will.

I hated the GM Mode, mostly because it didn't offer NEAR the functionality of EWR, not to mention TEW. Had there been anything close to what EWR offered, I might have played it more, but the GM Mode letdown, as well as a couple crappy games the next two years, and it wasn't until the current SvR came out that I purchased another WWE game.

If you want a true GM mode experience, go with EWR. I have a link to it in my Free Programs thread in the Technology forum. You can find updated scenarios which feature all of the current wrestlers in their current positions. It is an absolutely marvelous game, and blows the GM Mode out of the water.

I loved GM mode, but I never played the 06 one. I played 07 but I thought that one was kind of lackluster. They charged you so much money to put on a gimmick match so you'd go broke if you put on too many, but the only way people would watch your show is if you used a lot of gimmick matches. It was a horrible catch-22.

08 GM mode was much better. There was more versatility, it was easier to outdraw your competition, and you could keep feuds going without having matches every week because of those extra segments. My favorite thing to do was to have a fantasy draft and include all of the legends and created characters and go to town. You'd wind up with a roster of The Rock, Bret Hart, John Cena, and Edge, and it was awesome.

Yea i couldnt agree more, i still got a ps2 and constantly play the 06 gm mode as both brands and it is simply the best thing to come out of the svr series. They should deffinately bring it back in svr 12. Wwe universe is hardly revolutinary and brings nothing new to the table. Story designer is the next best thing but instead i do usually play svr 06 Gm mode because it is the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back