Survivor Series 2014: World Heavyweight Championship Match?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
This is the 2nd of 4 topics I will be doing in the near future regarding the PPV events that did not feature a World Heavyweight Championship match during Brock Lesnar's recent reign.

This past November we saw something odd take place. WWE had a PPV event that did NOT feature a World Heavyweight Championship match. The event felt incredibly incomplete, as did the 3 other PPV events where Brock Lesnar did not defend his title. The whole point of being a wrestler is (kayfabe) to win a World Championship and when others have had the title taken away from them when they did not defend it it was ridiculous for WWE to go an entire PPV cycle, let alone doing this for as many as FOUR events.

Here are the results from the event:

0. Fandango (with Rosa Mendes) defeated Justin Gabriel in a singles match on the pre-show (3:18)

0. Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) defeated Cesaro by submission in a singles match on the pre-show (5:34)

1. The Miz and Damien Mizdow defeated Gold and Stardust (c), The Usos, and Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) (with El Torito) in a Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship (15:25)

2. Team Fox (Alicia Fox, Emma, Naomi and Natalya) (with Tyson Kidd) defeated Team Paige (Paige, Cameron Layla and Summer Rae) in a Four-on-Four Traditional Survivor Series elimination tag team match (14:34)

3. Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose by disqualification in a singles match (13:59)

4. Adam Rose and The Bunny defeated Slater Gator (Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil) in a tag team match (2:36)

5. Nikki Bella (with Brie Bella) defeated AJ Lee (c) in a singles match for the WWE Divas Championship (0:35)

6. Team Cena (John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Erick Rowan and Ryback) defeated Team Authority (Seth Rollins, Kane, Mark Henry, Rusev and Luke Harper) (with Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Jamie Noble, Joey Mercury and Lana) in a Five-on-five traditional Survivor Series elimination tag team match where if Team Authority lost they were removed from power and if Team Cena lost then Cena's teammates would have been fired (43:07)

So, for the purposes of discussion in this thread you are to come up with a World Heavyweight Championship match for Survivor Series 2014. Would you have had Brock Lesnar defend it? Would he be stripped of the title due to his not appearing at this show at the actual event? You may make a match between anyone who was currently active on the roster at that time. Feel free to re-book the entire card also if you wish, but in order for your post to remain on-topic you must address what to do about the World Championship match and don't forget to provide a reason for why you booked it the way you did.

What would your version of Survivor Series 2014 have been like? What would the World Heavyweight Championship match have been and why?

Discuss! :)

Survivor Series is the one PPV a year that does not require a World Title match if they built the Survivor Series match in the Main Event to be as, if not more important than a title and with the future of the Authority as well as a number of key wrestlers they did it right in terms of Kayfabe. However the stipulations made this match fall flat as we expected the heels to lose and then how they backed it up made it worse. The surprise of Sting, Ziggler getting the spotlight and the Authority losing power should have made this bigger than a title match but they screwed up the follow up of all 3 areas and made the PPV fall flat.

With Lesnar as champ there are incredible few superstars who can provide a legitimate competition for him, Cena as a 15x champ is good and Reigns as the perceived future who was incredibly over protected were 2 realistic contenders in terms of both kayfabe and Physical size. Therefore the only real match available was Cena but then you take the main star out of the Authority match.

They did the right thing not including Lesnar on this PPV and a few others but the problem was poor booking of the major angle that took its place, for example Fast Lane was done really well in terms of the Main Event because they put a big prize on the line with 2 guys who could both win and this created intrigue from fans.

We have two options here:
If Brock Lesnar did indeed appear and if he didn't.
Let's take the second one out of the way. If he didn't appear (like it happened), I'd still keep the title on him. Why? Because a)he's needed to build up 'Mania and b)at that time noone was ready to be the champ from the newcomers and noone was fresh enough from the old-timers.

So, I believe I missed the HIAC thread. There I'd have Lesnar defend it against Cena, Hell in a Cell match, Lesnar retains.

Now, Survivor Series. The storyline is this: Randy Orton wants to prove to HHH that he still has it and that he doesn't need the Authority. That's the slow burn in order to turn him face. The Rollins injures Orton angle wouldn't have played out yet.

Orton vs Lesnar is on after Orton laying the challenge. Orton brings in all his 3rd generation talent, his A+ game, but loses to the Beast. The following night, Rollins "injures" Orton to take him out of action.

The card stays the same, with the same results, only with this main-event added.

I know that Orton was out filming a movie and Lesnar didn't have any dates, but in fantasy booking in a utopic world, that's what I would have done at that moment.

My main event would be John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match. Cena beat Orton at HIAC to win a future title shot against Brock. Next PPV is Survivor Series which is where Cena vs. Brock can take place.

Meanwhile, Ziggler can take Cena's place as captain for the team facing Team Authority in a Survivor Series match. With the WWE WHC being absent from HIAC, they could make the IC Champion (Ziggler) a bigger deal by giving him the opportunity to step up and Sting could still make his debut costing HHH the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back