Survivor Series 2009

MikeKillam

Pre-Show Stalwart
This is really early to be thinking about Survivor Series, but if the WWE thought ahead this much, it would probably be a better place... so I've been thinking about what my card would look like for Survivor Series 2009. Below would be the best realistic PPV card (in my opinion)...

1. Tag Title Match- Legacy(c) vs. Hart Dynasty
2. ECW Title Match- Gregory Helms vs. William Regal (c)
3. US Title on the line (last man to get the pinfall is the new champion)
MVP(c), Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne vs. Chavo Guerrero and Big Show
4. World Title Match- CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy(c) vs. John Morrison
5. Survivor Series Match- Egos vs. Veterans
Ziggler, Miz, Swagger, Jericho, Benjamin vs. Christian, Mysterio, Henry, Cena, Finlay
6. Buried Alive Match- Kane vs. Undertaker
7. WWE Title Match- Randy Orton vs. Triple H(c) vs. Shawn Michaels

So what does everybody think of these matches? What would some of yours be?

The ECW Title match would be the weak match on the card, but I really think those two guys could shine in ECW, and one of them deserves to be champion. The US Title match is sorta just a random match to showcase some talent, and get the cruiserweights to take down the Big Show. It's a handicap Elimination match, where Chavo would probably go first, and then Big Show could eliminate Kofi Kingston. The two remaining successfully take down the Big Show but Evan Bourne would hit the Shooting Star Press for the win, taking the title from MVP.
HBK will have been back in business for a few months at this point, and I think it's safe to say Triple H will be champion by then... I think these three could put on one hell of a classic match, and in my dreams, Shawn Micheals would walk out the WWE Champion. It's heel vs. middle vs. face as Triple H would basically tell Shawn he's his friend, but not to get in his way. In the end we could see Triple H hitting Orton with the Pedigree, then Shawn behind him shaking his head and looking down...Triple H then turns around into Sweet Chin Music for the win. That would be...amazing.
Kane vs. Undertaker could happen because Kane is tearing through the entire roster, and he's not being very nice about it. Undertaker could challenge him after Summerslam, and the two could end it here in a Buried Alive match. I think the greatest way to put over Jericho would be to have him come out at the end, when their fighting in the grave, and dump the dirt on BOTH men, burying them both alive. Jericho could rave for the next month or so about how he buried the monsters of WWE, and has made the world a better and safer place. This could start the build up for a Jericho/Undertaker match at Wrestlemania... or even a Jericho/Edge vs. Undertaker/Kane match at Wrestlemania. Edge could come back at Royal Rumble interfere in their match. Edge and Jericho could beat down the Undertaker on Smackdown and Kane could return to make the save, setting up the tag team match for Wrestlemania...or not. Just sayin.

Well, I'm not going to do a whole card like you, because 1) thats a long way off and 2) i think SSeries is one of the hardest to predict b/c the WWE just throws faces and heels together to form teams for 5-on-5 matches (something I hate - personally, I'm for it IF it makes sense storyline-wise but random team-ups just because "oh, we're good guys" or "oh, we're all evil" just doesn't do it for me).

One thing I think is I don't see another UT-Kane match, especially not a buried alive match. All of this has been done before. Will Taker and Kane feud again? Probably. But expect it to be exceptionally meaningful, and only once more before UT hangs it up. So, not likely this November.

Also, Batista is supposed to return at this time, with SSeries taking place in his hometown of Washington D.C. So, I expect some sort of grudge match between him and Orton (with Orton having -storyline- put him on the shelf), whether it be a stipulation match or within a Survivor Series 5-on-5 match. I can definitely see a scenario in which Team Orton goes against Team "Faces" and their "surprise" last member is a returning Batista.

Last but not least, I would say that Christian was hyped up in last year's MITB ladder match at 'Mania as a big swerve to the IWC (with Punk ending up the winner instead) well this year I see Christian getting a nice ECW title run through the second half of this wrestling year leading to him becoming a main-event player on one of the big two shows (probably SD!) in 2010. I know, as we all realize, he's being forced to "pay his dues" over again and that's why he's on ECW - I think come 'Mania time next year he will have served his time and McMahon and Co. will begin to release him from professional prision.

For starters Matt has been getting buried and no offense to all the Matt fans out there but i think its highly unlikely that he will even see a world title match much less be the champion on smackdown. As much as I would personally love a Regal v. Helms feud i doubt its gonna happen and either Koslov, Christian or a newbe will have the title at this point.

I'll throw out some predictions even though i doubt ill be write:
WWE Championship - Hell in the Cell
Randy Orton (c) v. HHH v. Cena v. Batista
If there isn't a hell in the cell at summerslam i see this happening here

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho (c) v. John Morrison
With Jeff going away and Punk turning heel there is no faces on the brand, and unless they decide to go with Khali here or keep Punk face Morrison is the only likely choice. As for how Jericho gets the title i think he wins a triple threat at summerslam with jeff and punk. So basically Punk gets screwed and has another bad title reign.

ECW title:
Christian (c) v. Regal
I want to say that helms has moved up the ranks or burchill or some new guy but i think at this point this will be the feud

5 on 5 match
Ziggler (IC champ), Miz (US Champ), Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, Hurrcane Helms v. Mark Henry, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio, Koslov
Ziggler is somehow still involved with Rey cause there aren't enough faces, Kofi and Bourne become a tag team and are feuding with Legacy over the belts that i dont know who has them, koslov and helms are in some sort of comedy feud and henry and miz are fighting over the us title.

Matt Hardy v CM Punk in some sort of stipulation match, and i have no idea who is the face, maybe they turn matt face by having him attack a heel punk for something

Divas title: Elimination match
Mickie James (c) v. Maryse v. Beth v. Gail Kim

Undertaker v. Michaels
I don't really think this is going to happen but weirder things have happened. Shawn says he feels he was the better man and wants a rematch and there u have a survivor series card

I just checked, and after "Night of Champions", there are 5 pay-per-views until "Survivor Series"!!!That leaves lots of room for many different feuds.

If Chris Jericho is NOT World Heavyweight Champ by "Summerslam", then I see him AT LEAST being in the title picture by "Survivor Series."

If Jericho is NOT a World Champion going into Wrestlemania (as a heel), then he will wrestle Undertaker at WM. I don't see 'Taker wrestling for the belt at 'Mania. So, with that being said, I see either Punk or Jericho as the World Champ at "Survivor Series."

Jericho is realistically the best pick, as 'Mania draws closer, the Undertaker could cost him the title!

ALSO, on RAW, I would LIKE to see Shawn Micheals get another title run. The timing would time out really good for HBK to get the WWE title at "Survivor Series."

As for as MID-CARD feuds go, by this time MVP will be SINK or SWIM. Right now, he's really threading water.

John Morrison/Rey Mysterio/KANE and Dolph Ziggler will be 2 MAIN enemies on one of the Smackdown group fights!

As a side note: KANE would make a great WORLD CHAMP. Survivor Series would also make a great PPV to crown him champ...one last time before he retires!!! I'm actually hoping he gets another title run!!!

The Survivor Series use to hold a special place for me. Then they added a Championship Match. That's fine, it's the championship, the rest of the card is still team elimination matches. Then they added more matches and the team matches became even fewer. Now adays there are rarely more than two elimination matches per pay per view. It no longer is a full Survivor Series Event. It is a regular event that I really don't pay attention to anymore. The WWE ruined SS for me completely.

They wanna build of a big one here you go.
1.- Team Raw vs Team Smackdown : Randy orton, Cody rhodes, Ted dibiase, Jack swagger and The miz vs Rey mysterio, John morrison, Primo Colon, Cryme time
2.- WWE Championship match: Triple H vs Shawn Michaels <after triple h betrays shawn after his comeback>
3.- World heavyweight championship match: CM Punk vs The undertaker
4.- ECW Championship match: Christian cage vs Tommy dreamer vs Shelton Benjamin
5.- Unified tag team titles: Chris jericho & Dolph Ziggler vs Koffi kingston & Evan bourne
6.- John Cena vs MVP <have MVP turn heel>
7.- Divas tag team match: Maryse, Beth phoenix, Rosa mendez, Melina, Michelle mccool vs Mickie James, Gail kim, Kelly kelly, Bella twins.

the ppv is a long time away but their is reason that we could make a card.
Raw Vs. Smackdown 5vs 5 brand surpremesy
Randy orton, cody Roads, Big show,Miz, ted jr.VS. Chris jerico, r-truth, crime tyme,matt hardy.
WWE championship (ladder match)
Batista vs. john cena (c) vs. shawn micheals
World championship (casket match)
C.M. punk (heel now) vs. the Undertaker (c)
ECW championship (ECW RULES MATCH)
Tommy dreamer(c) Vs. Cristan vs. vladimere kozlov
unify womens championship match
Maryse (c) vs. Michelle Mcool (c)

the ppv is a long time away but their is reason that we could make a card.
Raw Vs. Smackdown 5vs 5 brand surpremesy
Randy orton, cody Roads, Big show,Miz, ted jr.VS. Chris jerico, r-truth, crime tyme,matt hardy.
WWE championship (ladder match)
Batista vs. john cena (c) vs. shawn micheals
World championship (casket match)
C.M. punk (heel now) vs. the Undertaker (c)
ECW championship (ECW RULES MATCH)
Tommy dreamer(c) Vs. Cristan vs. vladimere kozlov
unify womens championship match
Maryse (c) vs. Michelle Mcool (c)

1. Team Cena vs Team Legacy. Cena, HBK, Ted Dibiase, Evan Bourne, and Primo vs Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Carlito, and The Miz

2. WWE title. Triple H (c) vs MVP

3. ECW title. Christian (c) vs Shelton Benjamin

4. WHC title. John Morrison vs CM Punk (c) (with Chris Jericho at ringside)

5. Diva Tag Smackdown vs Raw. Melina, Natalya, Michelle McCool, Eve, and Layla vs Mickie James, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Rosa Mendez, and Maryse.

6. IC title. Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Matt Hardy

Now for why I made the card like this. I wanted to keep the Survivor Series match Raw exclusive. It would make everything connect better and make the feud seem much less random than the usual matches. Hopefully that will make the match so much better and believable.

That however leaves a huge gap. We now have essentially no heels for the title match. But never fear because we can always do a face vs face. Now by this time MVP should have gone over Swagger a couple of times and maybe even over a bigger heel at this point. I don't figure him winning the title here, but it will give him a time to show his stuff in the big time. (Kinda like Jeff Hardy did last year.)

I don't know what to do with ECW, so I threw this match in. By this time Christian should have the title and ran with it for a few months. I'd have Shelton win here and rule ECW for a little while.

By this time John Morrison should be a big deal in Smackdown. I put Jericho in as Punk's valet for this match. I think it would give Jericho something to do as well as help this feud to be further elevated. I still have the title on Punk.

Let's give the Divas a match.

I think Matt will be back by this time. It would be good to see how this match works out. By this time Rey and Ziggler will have already feuded once and it would be a good way to get back into it after Rey goes (unsuccessfully) after Punk's title. I'd let Matt take the title here.

So there's my card. 6 Matches gives each match a large amount of time to develop, and have some good segments backstage.

WWE Title: Cena (c) vs MVP. Cena will win the title sometime b/w now and Survivor Series. This will lead into MVP questioning Cena's thug mentality where MVP is the one who lived it.

WHC Title: Punk vs UT. I expect UT back at Summerslam in a high profile match, hopefully against Jericho but finally getting his match with Punk for the title here. The main storyline will be UT teaching Punk about respect.

Team DX (HHH, HBK, Bourne, Primo, Kofi) vs Team Legacy (Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, Carlito, Swagger). I expect to see some form of DX vs Legacy leading into Survivor series.

Team Dreamer (tommy dreamer, christian, gregory helms, golddust, tyler reks) vs Team Benjamin (Benjamin, Regal, Koslov, Ryder, Ezekial). ECW will need some representation here and I don't see them doing another ecw title match so I expect basically the entire roster to be showcased here.

IC title: Mysterio vs Finlay. This match is just wishful thinking but I think these 2 would put on an amazing match for the gold.

US title: Miz vs Mark Henry vs Big Show. I expect to see Miz with the gold by this point and he will get involved in a Henry/Show feud for the gold.

Team Morrison (Morrison, Cryme Time, R-truth, Khali) vs Team Jericho (Jericho, Hart Dynasty, Kane, Ziggler). Basically smackdown's representation into the show.

Divas SS Match: Not sure to expect a team Mickie raw vs team Michelle smackdown or a team Mickie face team vs Team Michelle heel team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back