Superstars you'd least expect to turn heel/face

matty256

Pre-Show Stalwart
So discuss what superstars you'd be shocked to see turn heel or face. I'll start. The first person who comes to mind is John Cena.Cena is super-over with the kids which is one of the reasons I don't see him turning heel anytime soon. I've also read that he had sold more merch then Austin and Hogan combined. Now i'm not sure if this is fact or fiction, but if its fact then hell, i'd keep him face also. I would like to see Cena turn heel one day though. Similar like Hogan and Austin did, shocking fans. Another superstar thats comes to mind, is Rey Mysterio. I understand that he had a breif run as heel while in his Filthy Animals faction in WCW. I doubt Mysterio will be heel ever again, just do to the fact that it would be hard to hate him and I couldnt imagine Rey Rey cutting heel promos. His mask is also a popular product on Shop Zone. Now on to heels I couldnt see turning face again. I could only think of one at the moment because I feel all the other heels will eventually turn face again somewhere down their carrer. Chris Jericho. This man has gone very deep into his promos to which I can ever see him turning face again, and is one of the best heels if not the best heel of this era imo. If he does turn face again especially in the next 3 years, i'll be very suprised. So those are my picks.

What are yours?

i woudlnt expect cena to turn heel because vince is to much of a pussy to do it,his merch sales will only go up

and u can remove ur "cena makes miz look like he did swagger" cuz miz kicked cena's arse on raw

well, only one person i can honestly say that i would be surprised to see turn heel is none other than jeff hardy himself. I remember that around 2003 he did sort of a heel stint, but i can't remember the why right now. Jeff at this point as over as he is with the fans (and I'm assuming that he renews his contract) and do a heel turn would be completely out of the blue, and shocking to the fans themselves.

Turn Heel:
John Cena--Why?---Because like you said hes the Company. He is the Money maker of the WWE and Vince wont turn him....Yet. I truly believe that When Vince decides that John should be Heel then thats when WWE will be no more PG and once again be TV-14+.

Turn Face:
Randy Orton--Why?---Because look at the feud hes in. Triple H cant be Heel it dosnt work, Batista maybe will join him but that dosnt meen Orton will be Face. In these surcomstances Orton will not be Face.Period.

rey mysterio for sure. i cant see any way the fans could hate him. hes been face longer than i can remember.

shawn micheals. even when hes had semi heel turns against taker n hogan no1 turely hated him. hes far too over

the undertaker. again far too over.

kofi kingston. i cant see any reason in the future for disliking the guy. the style of wrestler he is goes against heel ethic.

vladimir kozlov. there will never be any reason for anyone to accept him as a face. his face just makes him hateable.

hornswoggle. cud anyone hate a midget? really it would be like hating a child

I don't see Cena going heel for awhile, thought I think that when he does it will be good. Cena was great as a heel. The one that I can't see for the life of me going face is Orton. He hasn't been a face since late 04 I think. I just has everything for heel right now. So he's the one guy that I can't see going face. Another one is Hardy, he's going to be a face for along time. He has to many kids in his fan base to ever go heel. Jericho is good as both heel or face. So it really doesn't matter for him either way the guy is great.

Hornswoggle. The man is a gold mine for Vince when it comes to attracting kids, just for two reasons:

1. He's so darn cute. I know, this may sound like I'm being demeaning to the vertically short. But seriously, kids like Hornswoggle because he comes out, and interferes in other wrestlers matches. Doesn't that sound more like a heelish tactic? And yet nobody ever really minds, because kids think that he's adorable. He kind of looks like a Furby to me, and you know how all of those kids loved Furbies. Simply put, if it's short, and if it's full of energy, kids love it. Puppies, kitties, pokemon, you name it. They just love things that are small and furry.

2. He's probably getting released soon. With no Goldust, Horny is probably going to have nothing to do, and is going to get cut. Unless he finds something to do, or a tag team, he's ging to be released. Sad, actually.

Honestly I would want to see a few wrestlers switch from heel to face and vice versa and also a few if ever returned to the WWE I'd want to see a turn, here is a few on my list.
Cena - but he'd need to drop his whole hustle loyalty respect crap, and make little kids cry, and not go back to doing his little gimmick raps he did before his change to face.

Tommy Dreamer - Could you imagine the heart and soul of ECW being anti-ECW? it would almost be straight out of the Smackdown vs. Raw game where they banned extreme rules, so on and so forth it could almost boost ECW if he went anti-ECW and one of the up and coming superstars went old school and gave Tommy Dreamer the extreme beatdown.

RVD - Ok I know RVD isn't even wrestling in TNA or WWE or anywhere televised, but c'mon they tried to make him into a heel in ECW and he had the biggest fan base, they tried making him a heel in the alliance and he again he almost had better reactions then The Rock and Stone Cold at the time as faces, what would happen now if RVD came back to TV as a heel? Think about it.

Goldust - I know this sounds odd, but really Goldust of now sucks the guy comes back for like the 5th or 6th run and you suddenly decide "Hey remember when we gave Goldust tourettes cause he got electricuted? let's give him that gimmick again" give me a break you want Goldust marketable for ECW you either need him doing the whole mind games thing as a face or mindgames as a heel otherwise we'll see Goldust doing something else in WWE.

Legacy - These guys suck as Orton Lackeys straightly put that's why you have the crap there running now on T.V. about being Orton's puppets. Its time to either give these guys a purpose or run them doing something productive as faces.

i can't see jeff hardy ever turning heel. he's always been so over with the fans, and i dont think can ever pull off a heel role.

HEEL:
Shawn Michaels. I want him too, I think it would be great TV, and this way he can feud with HHH (it would be fresh because the roles are reversed). Unfortunately, it probably will never happen. They tried turning him heel to work with hogan, and HBK could get over as a heel, because the fans love him so much (rightfully so, he is the greatest of all time).

John Cena: It would cost WWE WAY too much money in merchandise, ticket sales (little kids come to the show to watch him), and movie revenue (he couldn't do movies if he was evil, unless he was a villian, and villians are not leads in films) to turn Cena heel.

Face:
Randy Orton: He tried to get over as a face in 2004, and it failed miserably, and they fixed that 6 months later. Also, I don't think he would get over because people still have the image of him beating up a woman and kicking an old man in the head, and SHOULDN'T root for him. Maybe he can turn face in a few years, when fans forget about his transgressions of this year, but I highly doubt he would be over as a true face. In a different time, he may have gotten over as an anti-face, bu times have changed (as well as the audience), and anti-faces don't get over now.

Turn Heel: Jeff Hardy, this guy i don't think could ever turn heel. He is so over with the fans and to turn him heel would be super difficult IMO.

Turn Face: Orton, he's the top heel on Raw and maybe even in the top heel in WWE right now. I don't think that there's anything that could turn him face lol. And to be honest, he's not nearly as good as a face as he is a heel, just look at his first championship reign.

I'm gonna be a no-imagination douche bag and go with John Cena. Mostly because he's the most over superstar over the new group now, only behind the legends that are Triple H and HBK and Taker. Oh, and merch sales. And the fact that I never wanna see a Cena heel turn that is anything less than awesome. You'll probably just get a cliche "I'm tired of the boos" turn. That'd be annoying.

Hardy. Has he ever been a heel? I mean really. He's always been the kid in really long sleeves jumping around and doing crazy shit.

How about Taker? He is SO over as a face. Go ahead, try to turn him heel. See if he doesn't get cheered over any face you throw him against. He'd get cheers over motherfucking John Cena, even if Taker was working the Heel role in the match.

In my opinion these are the people who are set, and won't change sides...
-John Cena
-Rey Mysterio
-Jeff Hardy

-Chris Jericho
-Edge

-Undertaker
-Triple H
-Shawn Micheals

-Koslov
-Mike Knox

The first group are the three babyfaces that bring WWE the most money. Cena will never be heel, and I don't see Mysterio ever going to the dark side. Hardy has potential to, but I don't see it happening. He's hitting Mysterio's level and is drawing from the same fan base as Cena.
The second group are the two biggest and best heels in the business. Edge will never change because he's the comedy heel. He may become a serious heel, or a whiny heel again, but he won't turn face. Jericho is just too good to be face.
The next group are the legends that are way too set in their ways to change. HBK and HHH are always between heel and face, somewhere lingering in the balance. It doesn't really matter what they're doing, people will cheer them and love them. Undertaker is just...Undertaker. Nobody will ever boo him no matter what WWE tries to do with him. If they try turning him heel, they'll just cheer him because it's so awesome.
Knox and Koslov are monster heels and if they make it through 2009, they'll always be heels.

I would also be pretty surprised if Kofi Kingston ever went heel. Also, this may come as a surprise, but I don't see CM Punk turning face again, at least not for a very long time. I think WWE could build him up to be a decent heel, and while I don't like him, I liked his ROH heel stuff very much. So we'll see later in the future what WWE does with him.

I think there are a few guys who will most definitely change. Kane and Matt Hardy will probably go back and forth at least once or twice before they retire. I think if Christian is to stay in WWE and make it big for a longer period of time, he's destined to rotate heel/face a few times. I think if Edge and Christian ever get back together (which is a good move, IMO) they could go either way. They could goof around and pull the DX card for awhile and get a HUGE reaction for it, or they could do what Jericho/Edge do and be the "best in the world at what they do."

For the Faces, I think Cena, Undertaker, Rey and HBK. I wouldn't expect to see Kofi or Evan Bourne change either. I'd actually be more surprised if one of these guys switched before Jeff. I remember back when he started painting his face a few months ago, I thought he was heading to the other side and I still think he could head there. Yea he's one of the top faces but if you were to ask me this 1/2 a year ago I'd include CM Punk on here but now he's on his way to being Smackdown's top heel.

For the Heels, Orton and Edge will never change, I believe Orton is the top heel in all of WWE right now. Recently there was rumors that Edge might turn face but now that he might be out until next March I think he'll be coming back in full asshole mode. I actually think Jericho has a pretty good chance of turning face again someday. He does of a mouth on him but he was a pretty good face on Raw when he returned, but then again I wasn't watching before he quit so I don't know what impression he left WWE with. Dolph Ziggler's been on mind too now, I think he might stay heel for a good while. Apparently he's impressing a lot of the right people so he must doing something right.

HEEL TURNS:

John Cena: This man is money (I hate his guts though :D), if he turned heel kiddies would go crazy, merch sales will go down, and ticket sales as wells. But the great thing out of this is that it would be the definete end of the PG era 'coz Cena is the center-piece.

Rey Mysterio: He may not sell as much merch as Cena. But he is just as over with the kiddies. I can't even begin to remember the last time Mysterio was heel. It would crush little kiddie hearts every where.

FACE TURNS:

Chris Jericho: He is arguably the top heel in the WWE today. Maybe one of the best heels of all time? It would be very un-Vince like to turn Jericho heel. Especially 'coz the kiddies hate Jericho.

Randy Orton: Another top heel. Theres not much to be said about Orton. He's just a natural heel.

Shelton Benjamin.
He's been stale for so long as a heel, no one remembers what he was like as a face. (BTW as a face he was essentially Kofi Kingston, one is enough)

Who would I least expect to turn heel/face? Good thread idea. I like.

Least/Heel- This is really a toss-up. First, you have the obvious John Cena. The WWE's golden boy and merchandise/promotional machine. I would least expect if him to just because of the money he brings in... but it's a heel turn I'd welcome with open arms and so would many others in the IWC. However... I don't think I'd LEAST expect it from him. I would have to go with Mysterio. He's even more kid-friendly than Cena. Plus, I don't believe has ever been a heel in the WWE. Actually, he hasn't. I believe he was in his early WCW days and sometime in ECW days, but that's a long long time ago. I'm not saying Mysterio has a heel would work at all, but I'd least expect it.

Least/Face- It just happened last week. Mark Henry. I mean seriously... who the eff saw that coming? Nobody. Not a person. Not a soul. Zero people. Choice can't be any clearer than that. But if I had to pick someone I'd least expect to turn face... I'd have to say Kozlov. I mean... how the hell? It wouldn't work for shit, but I'd expect a face turn least out of him than anybody. Unless you turn him into some goofy oddity character and join him with Goldust and Lil Horny.

As a John Cena fan i'd least expect him to turn heel, but if he did even better too, i'd buy more merch.

As for for least expecting to turn face, that was going to go to Mark Henry but look what WWE did...also another obvious one is Orton i can never see him as a face for the rest of his career.

Nice thread idea as opposed to just another "who do you want to see turn heel/face" discussion.

For the time being:

1. HBK turning heel. At this point in his career, I don't think it'll ever happen again. He's far, far too over as a face for the fans to really start booing him. Granted, the guy's so good that he could most likely pull it off anyway and get everyone to boo him just because they like him so much lol, but idk, don't see it happening.

2. Undertaker turning heel. Same reasons for HBK.

3. Batista turning heel - unless they do Batista vs Cena at WrestleMania. Then, he's turning heel, cause Cena will go over. Batista doesn't have long left in his career and he's a popular face, so I doubt they'd turn him heel just for the hell of it. Seeing as how they're running low on options for WrestleMania XXVI, they might as well have Cena go over Batista, and if they want to make sure Cena doesn't get booed, they should have Batista turn heel upon his return to set up for it. But if they don't do Cena/Batista, then nope, no heel turn I don't think.

4. Jack Swagger turning face. He's working well as a heel and he's on a brand that needs heels at the moment, so there's no need whatsoever.

No need to explain the following:

Evan Bourne / heel
John Cena / heel
Kofi Kingston / heel
Mickie James / heel
Hornswoggle / heel
Jeff Hardy / heel
Funaki / heel
Jimmy Wang Yang / heel
Rey Mysterio / heel
Mike Knox / face
Maria / heel

Yeah I agree with what most people are saying. There is no way John Cena and Rey Mysterio would go heel. They are probably the two most obvious ones. Both these guys are just loved by the kids and like its been said in here before, Vince would never do it because of the effect it would have on the merchandise sales. I think someone in this thread said it earlier too that Cena especially is the centre of this PG era so I could never imagine Cena turning heel at all. He does too good of a job entertaining the kids. On the other side I think Randy Orton couldn't possibly be a face because his character is just too much suited towards being a heel. I initially thought about Edge and Jericho too but both these guys are two of best stars the WWE has had and I believe they have it in them to go face but I wouldn't see it happening for a while. I have great respect for both these guys, not only for their in ring work but also cutting promo's and really being able to get a reaction from the crowd. Considering how resticted they are in this PG era in relation to the things they can say to get the crowd against them, I think they do a really good job. Sad to hear about Edge getting injured, hope he can get back asap.

No one thinks Cena could be turned heel?Really?Does anyone besides me notice how often he gets booed?yeah i know he's over with the kids and that's fine.but i definatley think he could go heel again easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back